Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  271 272 [273] 274 275   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/25/2019 10:38:05 AM   
Ricky J

I said to my wife a couple days ago, "This is the least amount effort I've put into following TC in 20 years."

What the hell is going on around here?

Can someone please summarize what's going on between the coaching staff and Sloter for me?
Post #: 6801
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/25/2019 10:39:03 AM   
geoffrey greitzer

Elf...not that good... regressed
He writes there....
Post #: 6802
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/25/2019 10:58:13 AM   
Bruce Johnson

Good question.

https://youtu.be/Bo7EqD5e8GM

And a nice report of "winners" from yesterday's game.

https://youtu.be/X5H7w4CiLLY

< Message edited by Bruce Johnson -- 8/25/2019 11:08:04 AM >

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 6803
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/25/2019 11:07:36 AM   
David Levine

quote:

ORIGINAL: ratoppenheimer

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bruce Johnson

quote:

How do the replay officials look at this and not call it a fumble?

https://twitter.com/camdasilva/status/1165314529804324864

The explanation I heard was that because it was preseason there were not the usual number of cameras available for replay reviews.

So the replay officials didn't have access to the broadcast video? Because that Twitter video is exactly what they showed on TV and the Cards announcers couldn't believe it wasn't ruled a fumble...

they never showed this angle on television...they said that they had limited cameras because it was a preseason game...on nfl.gamepass we only saw the fumble from the back of the runner....

I didn't watch on GamePass. I watched the National TV broadcast on NBC(?). They showed that exact video multiple times while the crew was apparently getting a beer under the hood.
Post #: 6804
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/25/2019 11:10:37 AM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: geoffrey greitzer

Thebigo....some Joe Blow??!
Dude u need to chill a bit.
Vikings board...we respect each other.

The "Joe Blow" reference was clearly directed at the author of the article, indicating that he was "just some guy", not directed at your, I'm guessing, brother?

I don't think I'm the one who needs to take a pill.

That is what I was thinking. I don't think bigo in any way attacked a fellow poster.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 6805
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/25/2019 11:11:59 AM   
jbusse

The negatives that Zimmer has said about Sloter don’t even get mentioned in typical QB evaluations. Bizarre to focus on those nit-picky type things. The main negative I would say based on his game performance is he doesn’t take shots way down the field, mainly short to intermediate routes. No reason to believe his deep game is an issue, but that was one area that Teddy had not executed well when he was here.
Post #: 6806
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/25/2019 11:12:23 AM   
Bruce Johnson

#Vikings vs. Cardinals - top 5 offensive performers (min. 15 snaps) per @PFF:

• Dakota Dozier: 87.2
• Bisi Johnson: 86.6
• Kyle Sloter: 84.6
• Dru Samia: 82.2
• Tyler Conklin: 78.2

Bottom 3:
• Sean Mannion: 32.3
• Kyle Rudolph: 42.0
• Chad Beebe: 42.6

Sean Borman on Twitter

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 6807
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/25/2019 11:14:01 AM   
Bruce Johnson

Three members of the second-team offensive line (Dozier, Samia and Storm Norton) led the offense with 42 snaps.

Samia committed 2 penalties but still led the team with a run-blocking grade of 87.8.

Note: Mike Boone has now out-snapped Ameer Abdullah 78 to 32 this preseason.

Sean Borman on Twitter

Post #: 6808
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/25/2019 11:14:58 AM   
Bruce Johnson

Top-5 defensive performers from #Vikings vs. Cardinals (min. 15 snaps), per @PFF:

• Jayron Kearse: 89.3
• Shamar Stephen: 88.1
• Anthony Barr: 84.5
• Ben Gedeon: 84.2
• Anthony Harris: 82.8

Bottom 3:
• Nate Meadors: 37.2
• Xavier Rhodes: 43.4
• Derron Smith: 45.2
Sean Borman on Twitter

Post #: 6809
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/25/2019 11:15:52 AM   
Bruce Johnson

CB Kris Boyd led the defense with 47 snaps. He gave up 7 catches for 84 yards & earned a 58.5 grade.

DE Ifeadi Odenigbo was 6th on the list with a grade of 80.8 in 43 snaps. He and Everson Griffen led the team with 3 QB hurries.

Sean Borman on Twitter

Post #: 6810
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/25/2019 11:16:41 AM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: kgdabom

quote:

quote:

The "Joe Blow" reference was clearly directed at the author of the article, indicating that he was "just some guy", not directed at your, I'm guessing, brother?

That is what I was thinking. I don't think bigo in any way attacked a fellow poster.

I'm not saying I'm above that sort of behavior, just in this case...
Post #: 6811
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/25/2019 11:18:20 AM   
thebigo

quote:

Top-5 defensive performers from #Vikings vs. Cardinals (min. 15 snaps), per @PFF:

• Jayron Kearse: 89.3
• Shamar Stephen: 88.1
• Anthony Barr: 84.5
• Ben Gedeon: 84.2
• Anthony Harris: 82.8

Bottom 3:
• Nate Meadors: 37.2
• Xavier Rhodes: 43.4
• Derron Smith: 45.2
Sean Borman on Twitter

Good to see that from Shamar Stephen.
Post #: 6812
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/25/2019 11:18:26 AM   
Bruce Johnson

Two screens stopped cold by Mackenzie Alexander.

https://twitter.com/NickOlsonNFL/status/1165623920927657984?s=09

Post #: 6813
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/25/2019 11:20:38 AM   
Bruce Johnson

#Vikings Kyle Sloter leads all NFL quarterbacks in the preseason with more than two attempts in passer rating at 146.9. Sloter has completed 23 of 27 passes (85.2 percent) for 280 yards with three touchdowns and no interceptions.

Chris Tomasson on Twittet

Post #: 6814
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/25/2019 11:23:30 AM   
kgdabom

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

The explanation I heard was that because it was preseason there were not the usual number of cameras available for replay reviews.

So the replay officials didn't have access to the broadcast video? Because that Twitter video is exactly what they showed on TV and the Cards announcers couldn't believe it wasn't ruled a fumble...

they never showed this angle on television...they said that they had limited cameras because it was a preseason game...on nfl.gamepass we only saw the fumble from the back of the runner....

Yeah I don't know where the video here was I never saw it. What I saw was from behind and I could never see the ball coming out or exactly when the runner contacted the ground. However, judging by where the ball was when the runner was down it was OBVIOUS the ball had come free before he was down.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 6815
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/25/2019 11:25:19 AM   
Bruce Johnson

#Vikings Mike Boone leads the NFL in the preseason with 177 yards rushing in three games. He has carried 35 times for a 5.1 average.

Chris Tomasson on Twitter

Post #: 6816
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/25/2019 11:31:48 AM   
Bruce Johnson

#Vikings who stood out week 3:

Jayron Kearse
Ifeadi Odenigbo
Eric Wilson
Jalyn Holmes
Tyler Conklin
Mike Boone
Bisi Johnson
Khari Blasingame
Kyle Sloter
Dakota Dozier

Worth noting:
*Blasingame has scored in all 3 games.
*Run defense looked better w/Stephen.

Vikings Nation on Twitter

Post #: 6817
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/25/2019 11:32:53 AM   
kgdabom

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I'm not saying I'm above that sort of behavior, just in this case...

Very true, however not in this particular occasion.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 6818
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/25/2019 11:34:39 AM   
beo

quote:

ORIGINAL: odin

quote:

Beebe may be counted on to be a holder. Perhaps his pass catching has been distracted.

I think they had Wile hold during the game. I was wondering why Beebe didn't continue holding for Vevdik, since isn't that what they've been doing in practice? Why not play like you practice, barring injury or sudden ineffectiveness? Somehow, some way, they've apparently managed to make this effort to make things better into a huge distraction.

Unless both Cousins and Mannion made the same misread in consecutive games, Beebe has made two egregious errors in reading coverages. Growing up in an NFL family, he should have known the difference between man and zone before middle school at the latest.You may be right about him being distracted. No one wants to do a "Tony Romo"

That was kind of my point earlier this week when I complained about Beebe holding for fieldgoals.
They act like Beebe is such an established vet he can take time away from WR practice to hold.
And it seems like the switching holders between practice and games hasn't exactly helped things either.
It's a total cluster#@$ of an approach to special teams with collateral damage to WR position... both which we desperately need to improve.
Maybe it's all fine come regular season but it's troubling to say the least...
Post #: 6819
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/25/2019 11:43:14 AM   
Ricky J

quote:

quote:

quote:

My apology still stands for butting in ...
Post #: 6820
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/25/2019 11:54:53 AM   
Ricky J

oops - wrong thread
Post #: 6821
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/25/2019 12:04:09 PM   
thebigo

quote:

#Vikings Mike Boone leads the NFL in the preseason with 177 yards rushing in three games. He has carried 35 times for a 5.1 average.

Yeah but, yeah but, take away his 3 longest runs and he's only averaging 4 YPC, which is piss poor when your going against 2nd and 3rd teamers.
Post #: 6822
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/25/2019 12:32:12 PM   
ratoppenheimer

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I didn't watch on GamePass. I watched the National TV broadcast on NBC(?). They showed that exact video multiple times while the crew was apparently getting a beer under the hood.

looking at the video from the front - i don't know if i've ever seen a more obvious fumble...how the hell could they have gotten that wrong?...i wonder if allen/bercich saw that front angle - they didn't seem to bitch too much about the call....

the journey...is paradise.
Post #: 6823
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/25/2019 12:47:13 PM   
ratoppenheimer

we cannot keep ham...no room on the final 53 - we need to keep some young, upside players that could be the future....

spielman needs to figure out a way to sign some of our young guns - waynes, alexander, wetherly, kearse...sloter...extending waynes could save us immediate cap space....

boyd looked lost out there last night - i can't see him on the final 53....

vedvik still looks a bit better than wile - we'll probaly keep him...

the journey...is paradise.
Post #: 6824
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/25/2019 1:01:31 PM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

quote:

Yeah but, yeah but, take away his 3 longest runs and he's only averaging 4 YPC, which is piss poor when your going against 2nd and 3rd teamers.

Most fans underestimate the quantum physics of gameplanning and overestimate the value of actual on field performance.

For instance, if Sloter and Boone would simply diagram the chalkboard plays when asked - instead of banging the erasers together and giggling at the chalk clouds - they wouldn’t be on the roster bubble. (even though Sloter / Boone execute those plays to perfection during games)
Post #: 6825
Page:   <<   < prev  271 272 [273] 274 275   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  271 272 [273] 274 275   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode