Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  301 302 303 304 [305]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/2/2019 10:00:25 PM   
Jeff Jesser

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dana Turner

quote:

ORIGINAL: kurt bilben

quote:

ORIGINAL: Born2Blitz

From the Bleacher Report:
Despite Washington giving up on him, Doctson still has fans in the locker room.
"He goes after the ball like no other. I'm talking about a jump ball," cornerback Josh Norman said, per John Keim of ESPN. "He has his strengths and abilities to where he can be one of the top guys in this league if he wants it. ... We have had a couple quarterback changes since he's been here. You have to take that into consideration." I

This is the polar opposite of Treadwell. Other then the one handed catch vs the Packers a couple years ago he showed zero of this ability.

I’m fairly optimistic Doctson can come in as Not having to be a #1, or #2, and kick some arse guarded by their 3rd or 4th best cover DB.

Good point!

I mentioned Doctson people in DC were hoping he was a "downfield threat". I had 2 young kids hanging around my neck when I said it. What I meant to say was "aerial". As Norman put it, he can go up and just get it. He's very good at it. Diggs and AT are not. Rudolph isn't that guy either. He's a good fit but he's not going to be a home run threat. Not his game.

He's got the same size (height) as LT but he's fast enough to get downfield to make it count. I'm not saying he's going to be a hit but he's a 7 where LT was a 2.
Post #: 7601
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/2/2019 10:15:56 PM   
bohumm

FFS-----Zimmer on Daniel Carlson:

“Maybe the pressure of being on a team that supposedly is going to the Super Bowl wasn’t the same as it was for him [in Oakland] last year. So, I don’t know. In hindsight, 20-20, yeah, I probably should have kept him. But we did what we felt was right.”

I like Zimmer (I think), but I wish he'd stop with the candor. It's either telling teams things I don't want them to know or telling fans things they don't want to hear.
Post #: 7602
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/2/2019 10:20:40 PM   
kwheats

Chris Tomasson

@christomasson
3h3 hours ago
More
Punter Britton Quigley takes part in his first #Vikings practice after having considered joining them in 2017. He said it was a good workout and Dan Bailey went 6 of 6 on kicks with him holding.
Post #: 7603
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/2/2019 10:39:37 PM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

ORIGINAL: kwheats

Chris Tomasson

@christomasson
3h3 hours ago
More
Punter Britton Quigley takes part in his first #Vikings practice after having considered joining them in 2017. He said it was a good workout and Dan Bailey went 6 of 6 on kicks with him holding.

I wonder if he kicks off.
Post #: 7604
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/2/2019 11:34:29 PM   
thebigo

quote:

Chris Tomasson

@christomasson
3h3 hours ago
More

WTF is Britton Quigley?
Post #: 7605
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/2/2019 11:43:37 PM   
bohumm

quote:

ORIGINAL: thebigo

quote:

Chris Tomasson

@christomasson
3h3 hours ago
More

WTF is Britton Quigley?

He's the love-child of Britton Colquitt and Ryan Quigley (former Vikings punter). It's Spielman's latest tactic; easier to pull off with Priefer gone.....
Post #: 7606
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/2/2019 11:46:43 PM   
hagar

quote:

ORIGINAL: thebigo

quote:

Chris Tomasson

@christomasson
3h3 hours ago
More

WTF is Britton Quigley?

Hotdog vendor. Signed for competition with other kickers/punters/bratwurst salespersons.
Post #: 7607
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/3/2019 6:50:17 AM   
Bill Jandro

Hopefully Docson makes good on his opportunity here.

I do remember when studying the 16 wr class Doctson stood out. Decent speed 4.5 and a very good 41" vertical. Can really go up and high point the football.

He is a lot more athletic than Treadwell. I also believe he missed about his entire rookie season with an injury.

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 7608
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/3/2019 7:22:41 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: bohumm

quote:

ORIGINAL: Phil Riewer

Like the Doctson signing....6'4" and actually if healthy can be the 3rd WR we need.

He's 6'2" and that's a big if, but I like it too. Unfortunately, the signing also adds to the impression of a desperate, floundering front office that is swinging wildly at anything.

I'm still excited about the season and optimistic/delusional about the possibilities, but the last month or two has made me increasingly uneasy about the front office and coaching staff. I don't have enough information to draw conclusions so I choose to try to be zen about it, but it's taking more and more work.

A week from now we'll be 24 hours past our first win, a salve to the current irritation.

My Bad...Every site after the first one I looked at says he is 6'2".

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 7609
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/3/2019 7:27:07 AM   
Bill Jandro

quote:

ORIGINAL: kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ricky J

I didnt see who was cut to make room. Didnt look real hard but I did go to vikings.com

I don't think it's been announced. They are maybe keeping it secret I don't know.

DN reporting that it is a one year deal but no word how much or whom has been released to make room.

Post #: 7610
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/3/2019 7:33:21 AM   
Bill Jandro

Doctson college scouting report

STRENGTHS Targeted 36.5 percent of the time and has the mentality of a lead receiver. Silky vertical routes with ability to make subtle shifts to get past corners waiting to put hands on him. Consistent in his play speed. Good accelerator off stutter­-step release. Able to create late separation down the field with body lean and quiet hand usage. Touchdown maker who has rung up 25 receiving touchdowns over last two years despite missing three games this season. Climbs to snare jump balls and has body control to adjust in mid­air. Hands are very strong helping him secure catches through contact. Has ability to make defenses pay after the catch. Isn't overwhelmed by physical cornerbacks trying to force him into the boundary and can play through it to make winning catches downfield.

WEAKNESSES Tall but needs to add more muscle to prepare for physical, press cornerbacks. Played in offense that created plenty of space to work in. Needs a greater commitment as a blocker. Was rarely pressed, but had issues coming out cleanly when he was. Doesn't look sudden or urgent in his routes and is upright into his breaks. Out-­breaking routes are rounded and obvious. Suffered a broken wrist in early November.

DRAFT PROJECTION Round 1

SOURCES TELL US "Pure technician. He's really good with those routes and he's the best at getting it up top. When he got hurt, TCU was done. They looked lost without him. He's a safe receiver for the first (round) and one of the only ones." -- AFC wide receivers coach

NFL COMPARISON Terrance Williams

BOTTOM LINE Highly productive receiver with good height but in need of more functional mass for the NFL game. Doctson must prove he can play against press coverage if he is to reach his potential, but his ability to go up and win when the ball is in the air will endear him to quarterbacks. Scouts don't expect to be wowed by his 40 ­time, but most believe he'll be a solid No. 2 receiver in the league.

per Lance Zuerlein

Post #: 7611
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/3/2019 7:34:52 AM   
Phil Riewer

So 10 guys that were drafted this year made the roster and the other 2 are on the PS....

I guess I can't complain too much about the GM not planning for the future.

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 7612
Page:   <<   < prev  301 302 303 304 [305]
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  301 302 303 304 [305]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode