Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/1/2018 10:01:30 AM   
SteveR

Have to figure a loss this Sunday. I trust the Vikings in an outdoor December game against Bill B. about as much as I trust something really untrustworthy.

But they still have to play the game regardless. Something weird could happen.

If we beat the Pats I think we beat Seattle. If we play the Pats tough we could beat Seattle. If we get thrashed by the Pats I think every negative thing is on the table. Dogs and cats living together. Mass chaos. Etc. Be afraid. Be very afraid.

< Message edited by SteveR -- 12/1/2018 10:02:36 AM >
Post #: 51
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/1/2018 12:10:10 PM   
Bill Jandro

If we lose both NE & Sea and then win out we'd be 9-6-1

That might get us in it might not.

We need to at least split the next 2 games and then take care of business against the Fish and lions

Chi may rest players in final game unless they can secure a 1st rd bye in that case would be all in.

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 52
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/1/2018 12:21:42 PM   
bohumm

quote:

ORIGINAL: David F.

I'm going to post this in the Vikings thread since I'm drawing a comparison to how the Vikings handled AD. The statement below is from the Kansas City Chiefs and in my opinion is how an organization should handle a situation like this. There will be no camel rides, no Hunt-blaming-the-Chiefs, no ridiculous contract and/or contract negotiations. Playing in the NFL is a privilege not a right and people's actions have consequences.

Statement From the Kansas City Chiefs on RB Kareem Hunt
SSS20973
Chiefs Public Relations

“Earlier this year, we were made aware of an incident involving running back Kareem Hunt. At that time, the National Football League and law enforcement initiated investigations into the issue. As part of our internal discussions with Kareem, several members of our management team spoke directly to him. Kareem was not truthful in those discussions. The video released today confirms that fact. We are releasing Kareem immediately.”

Also relevant to the Vikings because we my have taken him instead of Cook (which I thought they might, and which I've somewhat regretted since that they didn't). I guess he would have been the perfect AD replacement in more ways than one......
Post #: 53
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/1/2018 12:24:16 PM   
bohumm

quote:

ORIGINAL: SteveR

Have to figure a loss this Sunday. I trust the Vikings in an outdoor December game against Bill B. about as much as I trust something really untrustworthy.

But they still have to play the game regardless. Something weird could happen.

If we beat the Pats I think we beat Seattle. If we play the Pats tough we could beat Seattle. If we get thrashed by the Pats I think every negative thing is on the table. Dogs and cats living together. Mass chaos. Etc. Be afraid. Be very afraid.

When you get around to turning on the game in the second quarter, you'll find the game at a significantly different point than when you wake up from your nap late in the third quarter.
Post #: 54
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/1/2018 1:21:27 PM   
Bill Jandro

If we were to win the next four 10-4-1 and Bears drop two of they're next four 10-5 ( Rams and Packers are potential losses)

Last game would be for North title.

Unlikely scenario but mathmatically it's still on the table

< Message edited by Bill Jandro -- 12/1/2018 1:55:36 PM >

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 55
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/1/2018 2:47:42 PM   
Todd M

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Jandro

If we were to win the next four 10-4-1 and Bears drop two of they're next four 10-5 ( Rams and Packers are potential losses)

Your English and math are off...

We're a game an a half back. Meaning we win 4 and the Bears go 3-1...the last game is for the division.
Post #: 56
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/1/2018 3:03:47 PM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Todd M

quote:

We're a game an a half back. Meaning we win 4 and the Bears go 3-1...the last game is for the division.

Either way the game would be for the division.
Post #: 57
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/1/2018 6:00:27 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

ORIGINAL: Todd M

quote:

Once a grammar policeman, always a grammar policeman.
Post #: 58
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/1/2018 8:55:18 PM   
Ricky J

Can't find anyone out there that's got the Vikings (except for Wickersham from the ESPN expert picks - I think he's in last place)

I don't think I've even heard of anyone even saying the Vikes can cover 5.5

Here's what I know, if we're going to catch fire, if we're going to actually get to the dance and actually be competitive there this is the type of game we win.

F backing into the playoffs after losing on both coasts back-to-back in prime time
Post #: 59
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/1/2018 9:45:48 PM   
David F.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ricky J

Can't find anyone out there that's got the Vikings (except for Wickersham from the ESPN expert picks - I think he's in last place)

Here's what I know, if we're going to catch fire, if we're going to actually get to the dance and actually be competitive there this is the type of game we win.

F backing into the playoffs after losing on both coasts back-to-back in prime time

In my opinion...

What's going for the Vikes: Our strengths mirror NE's weaknesses. They're great against the run and poor against the pass / we're great with the pass and poor with the run - Vikes should be able to score some points through the air.

Our defense is better than theirs.

Brady (this season) has struggled against pressure / we're good at getting pressure.

What's going against the Vikes: Belichick and the Patriots won't make any mistakes and will manage every aspect of the game flawlessly / our coaching staff is still routinely making mistakes.

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 60
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/1/2018 10:03:18 PM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ricky J

So what you're saying is he's due.
Post #: 61
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/2/2018 12:58:44 AM   
ratoppenheimer

Ben Goessling@GoesslingStrib
Vikings seemed to be preparing for Holton Hill to start at CB if Xavier Rhodes isn't able to go on Sunday. If Rhodes does go, I'll be curious to see how effective he is; the injury is significant enough as I understand it, that it'll be interesting to see how much he can open up.

the journey...is paradise.
Post #: 62
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/2/2018 1:57:59 AM   
marty

The bettors have already spoken, and they've said they doubt the Patriots can cover 7.5, major betting on the Vikes pushed the line down to 5.5.

The bettors had a few good weeks earlier in the season, my guess is Vegas is catching up, meaning lately bettors are doing poorly, the game is more likely to go against the bettors.

Expect the Patriots to get off to a quick start, refs should favor them in a big way early, taking the aggression away from the Vikes defense with offsides calls and hands to the face on DL, and holding calls or PI on the Vikes 2ndary. At the same time, they will call Ricky tack holding calls on Vikes OL, to take away the Vikes run game early.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 63
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/2/2018 2:03:51 AM   
marty

The refs can't let the Vikes get ahead too much early on, or the Vikes pass rush might take over the game, then it would become too obvious the refs were messing with the game to get Brady and the Pats back in it.

I expect the Patriots to get at least one special teams TD, where the refs shock everybody by not throwing a flag on any sort of questionable block, allowing the Pats to get a return TD. Or the Vikes will have a punt blocked, leading to a NE score.

Preifer is a main weakness, Pats will show that.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 64
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/2/2018 2:14:58 AM   
marty

2 1/2 would be a lot better, but I think Pats -3 for the1st half is a good bet.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 65
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/2/2018 7:51:44 AM   
kevinemmer

quote:

ORIGINAL: ratoppenheimer

Vikings seemed to be preparing for Holton Hill to start at CB if Xavier Rhodes isn't able to go on Sunday. If Rhodes does go, I'll be curious to see how effective he is; the injury is significant enough as I understand it, that it'll be interesting to see how much he can open up.

Keep him on the shelf, why risk it nagging thru the rest of the season?

I trust Hill to hold up.
Post #: 66
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/2/2018 8:29:44 AM   
Todd M

If it's very mild you play.

If this year flames out I hope we get one in the next couple where we kept the bulk of our best strong for 19 games.

Some luck while the window is open would be welcome.
Post #: 67
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/2/2018 9:50:43 AM  1 votes
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: kevinemmer

quote:

ORIGINAL: ratoppenheimer

Keep him on the shelf, why risk it nagging thru the rest of the season?

I trust Hill to hold up.

What if Hill "holds up" but the difference between the 2 is still the difference between a close win or a close loss?
Post #: 68
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/2/2018 11:55:28 AM  1 votes
Jeff Allen

Vikings have ZERO chance to win today. Don't even bother watching.

You're welcome.
Post #: 69
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/2/2018 11:56:31 AM   
marty

Why, is Cousins out ?

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 70
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/2/2018 12:28:46 PM   
Todd M

If things go how they usually go the Bears drop one they shouldn't but we don't make up ground laying an egg and GB beats a crappy team and gets talked about like - watch out, they're not dead yet!
Post #: 71
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/2/2018 1:54:15 PM   
Daniel Lee Young

Bears losing.. giants seem focused.. putting on a clinic about how to take mack out of a game...

"Thou shall not bear false witness”
I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 72
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/2/2018 1:56:03 PM   
Daniel Lee Young

Giants running game is killing the bears

I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 73
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/2/2018 1:57:03 PM   
Daniel Lee Young

Hmm Rhett Ellison.. were have I heard that name before?

I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 74
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/2/2018 2:03:07 PM   
Daniel Lee Young

Giants need to punch this in..

I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 75
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode