Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Wild 2019/2020 Season

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Wild >> RE: Wild 2019/2020 Season Page: <<   < prev  16 17 [18] 19 20   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Wild 2019/2020 Season - 10/22/2019 9:48:12 PM   
SoMnFan

Carters damn good in the booth
Use him.

Work like a Captain.
Play like a Pirate.
Post #: 426
RE: Wild 2019/2020 Season - 10/23/2019 7:04:48 AM   
kevinemmer

quote:

ORIGINAL: stfrank

Who the hell is that wearing the Wild uniforms tonight! This isn't the same team I watched last week. They are making and catching passes and everybody's legs are moving instead of their usual reaching and chasing.

Yes
1st time all year where we looked liked we gave a damn and it showed with effort.
And yes, keep Carter in booth.
Miles better than Walz.
Post #: 427
RE: Wild 2019/2020 Season - 10/23/2019 9:27:07 AM   
TJSweens

quote:

ORIGINAL: SoMnFan

quote:

Nice win, and a fun game to watch tonight. Just goes to show they have it in them when they are all in.

This.
We can play.
The question is always.
Will we.

I hate to go all CPAMAN, but I'm not that encouraged about last night. When I talked before about the guys like Staal, I said I expected them to have their moments during the year. Last night was one of those moments. The vets were nicely engaged and played a smart effective game. I also saw a lot of the same old same old. Missed breakaway chances, sloppy ass PP shifts etc. It was a good win against a quality opponent, but I'm going to need to see a hell of a lot more and I'm not holding my breath.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 428
RE: Wild 2019/2020 Season - 10/23/2019 9:39:50 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: TJSweens

quote:

quote:

Nice win, and a fun game to watch tonight. Just goes to show they have it in them when they are all in.

This.
We can play.
The question is always.
Will we.

I hate to go all CPAMAN, but I'm not that encouraged about last night. When I talked before about the guys like Staal, I said I expected them to have their moments during the year. Last night was one of those moments. The vets were nicely engaged and played a smart effective game. I also saw a lot of the same old same old. Missed breakaway chances, sloppy ass PP shifts etc. It was a good win against a quality opponent, but I'm going to need to see a hell of a lot more and I'm not holding my breath.

As nice as it was last night I saw a stat about how much scoring Edmonton does on their first line and how poor their 3rd and 4th lines are. We match up nicely with them. They probably aren't as good as their record but it was a nice win and a shutout.

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 429
RE: Wild 2019/2020 Season - 10/23/2019 9:51:30 AM   
Phil Riewer

We have to add Hunt to our bringing it list....4 goals this year already.

Post #: 430
RE: Wild 2019/2020 Season - 10/23/2019 9:52:06 AM   
Phil Riewer

Michael Russo

@RussoHockey
14h14 hours ago

Brad Hunt is tied for 2nd in the NHL among defensemen with 4 goals, tied for 1st with 2 PPG's.

When I wrote in the preseason Dumba would be pushing 30 goals this season, that was a typo.

Should have read Hunt. @ZPathletic didn't catch it. We regret the error

Post #: 431
RE: Wild 2019/2020 Season - 10/23/2019 10:18:41 AM   
twinsfan

quote:

ORIGINAL: TJSweens

quote:

quote:

This.
We can play.
The question is always.
Will we.

Going all CPAMAN is not a state of mind, it is a sickness.

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 432
RE: Wild 2019/2020 Season - 10/23/2019 10:19:43 AM   
SoMnFan

Excuse my giddiness
Its the first real NHL level hockey I've seen the local boys play this year
Edmonton had every reason to be pissed off and on it last night, they have been the leagues best team so far and last night, they could get nothing going against us.
Its in us to play very good hockey. Like I said, never know if we will or not, and that's the problem.
Fun to see for one night however.

Another good add … Hunt has been maybe the nicest surprise. Guy can play. Should be on every PP. with the #1 group.

Work like a Captain.
Play like a Pirate.
Post #: 433
RE: Wild 2019/2020 Season - 10/23/2019 10:19:55 AM   
Lynn G.

quote:

ORIGINAL: kevinemmer

quote:

Who the hell is that wearing the Wild uniforms tonight! This isn't the same team I watched last week. They are making and catching passes and everybody's legs are moving instead of their usual reaching and chasing.

Yes
1st time all year where we looked liked we gave a damn and it showed with effort.
Miles better than Walz.

And Walz is miles better than Greenlay. So just think of the universe-sized chasm between Greenlay and Carter.

I agree with all of the above - I like what Carter brings to the commentary.

Put our country back in the hands of people who actually want to do things to help everyday citizens. Elect Democrats.
Post #: 434
RE: Wild 2019/2020 Season - 10/23/2019 10:21:47 AM   
SoMnFan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lynn G.

quote:

quote:

Yes
Miles better than Walz.

And Walz is miles better than Greenlay. So just think of the universe-sized chasm between Greenlay and Carter.

I agree with all of the above - I like what Carter brings to the commentary.

Calmness of Morneau
With the knowledge of Walz, and he doesn't make it about him, like Walz does.
Just a nice, calm, description of the plays with some inside knowledge
Its not as hard as some make it look.

Work like a Captain.
Play like a Pirate.
Post #: 435
RE: Wild 2019/2020 Season - 10/23/2019 10:22:33 AM   
Lynn G.

I wasn't planning to watch the game last night just because of my fatigue in seeing them lose. But the game was on the tv when I came home from running an errand and I walked into the house just in time to see Stahl's second goal - so I got hooked. Again.

It was good to see the team in the form we thought we remembered they were capable of.

Put our country back in the hands of people who actually want to do things to help everyday citizens. Elect Democrats.
Post #: 436
RE: Wild 2019/2020 Season - 10/23/2019 10:23:27 AM   
SoMnFan

I'll stop with my optimism, but IF we go to Nashville and fight them to the finish … look out. I might be back in, with a vengance.

Because, ya know... apparently we have to play Nashville THERE only.
BETTMANN!

Work like a Captain.
Play like a Pirate.
Post #: 437
RE: Wild 2019/2020 Season - 10/23/2019 10:24:31 AM   
SoMnFan

It was good to see the team in the form we thought we remembered they were capable of

all I'm sayin, too ….

Work like a Captain.
Play like a Pirate.
Post #: 438
RE: Wild 2019/2020 Season - 10/23/2019 11:48:47 AM   
kevinemmer

By the way,

Pretty hard to hit Greenway in the head without an effort to go high, esp. from little smurf who hit him.

And Mr Stripes was standing right there.

Hope that's a fine.
Post #: 439
RE: Wild 2019/2020 Season - 10/23/2019 12:01:51 PM   
TJSweens

quote:

By the way,

Pretty hard to hit Greenway in the head without an effort to go high, esp. from little smurf who hit him.

Hope that's a fine.

The sad thing is that Greenway was having a great game after SMF and I did such a thorough job of motivating him.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 440
RE: Wild 2019/2020 Season - 10/23/2019 12:35:47 PM   
SoMnFan

quote:

By the way,

Hope that's a fine.

Absolutely
Deserved a penalty at the time and now should be a fine
Basically smacked him right in the head
Thought they were trying to fix that problem
Sad, because he was (as BB said later) … in BEAST MODE up to that point.
Something put a quarter into him and Staal last night. They were possessed from the opening puck drop.
Thought Soucy was very good too.

Work like a Captain.
Play like a Pirate.
Post #: 441
RE: Wild 2019/2020 Season - 10/23/2019 5:42:03 PM   
stfrank

quote:

quote:

By the way,

Hope that's a fine.

Absolutely
Deserved a penalty at the time and now should be a fine
Basically smacked him right in the head
Thought they were trying to fix that problem
Sad, because he was (as BB said later) … in BEAST MODE up to that point.
Something put a quarter into him and Staal last night. They were possessed from the opening puck drop.
Thought Soucy was very good too.

You can bet if it was McDavid that took that hit something would have been done.....
The more I see of Soucy the more I like his game. I can see why Seeler is having a hard time getting ice time the way Soucy is playing. Time to trade Brodin for a quality forward and make room for both Soucy and Seeler.....
Post #: 442
RE: Wild 2019/2020 Season - 10/24/2019 7:49:55 AM   
SoMnFan

We're # 30 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

30. Minnesota Wild
Previous ranking: 28
Porous defense. Some predictive models had the Wild around the playoff bubble, for the fact that they had the lowest expected goals against (130.24) at 5-on-5 last season. This season, the Wild have stumbled early on the back end, surrendering 3.56 goals per game.

Work like a Captain.
Play like a Pirate.
Post #: 443
RE: Wild 2019/2020 Season - 10/24/2019 7:52:51 AM   
SoMnFan

Tonight will tell us all we need to know.
There's no middle ground with tonights result.

Work like a Captain.
Play like a Pirate.
Post #: 444
RE: Wild 2019/2020 Season - 10/24/2019 2:47:36 PM   
SoMnFan

WILD (3-6-0) at PREDATORS (5-3-1)
8 p.m. ET; FS-TN, FS-N, FS-WI, NHL.TV

The Game
The Minnesota Wild look for their third straight win following a 1-6-0 start to the season when they visit the Nashville Predators at Bridgestone Arena on Thursday.
Goalie Alex Stalock will start; No. 1 goalie Devan Dubnyk will not play because of an upper-body injury sustained at 1:59 of the second period of a 3-0 victory against the Edmonton Oilers on Tuesday. Stalock finished the game and made 16 saves for the combined shutout.
Dubnyk could play against the Los Angeles Kings on Saturday, Wild coach Bruce Boudreau said.
Defenseman Jordan Greenway will not face the Predators because of an illness.
Nashville, 4-2-1 in its past seven games, could be without forward Filip Forsberg, who may miss his fourth consecutive game because of a lower-body injury.

Players to watch
Wild forward Eric Staal has four points (two goals, two assists) in his past two games.
Predators defenseman Ryan Ellis has nine assists in a five-game point streak, with multiple points in four of them.

They said it
"It's a better feeling than losing. The last three games, I thought we've played pretty good. And we've just got to keep building on that and make it three in a row here. That'd be nice." -- Minnesota defenseman Jonas Brodin
"Obviously we didn't get much time together during [training] camp but I've thought over the course of these last nine games, coming into 10, we've been pretty solid. We've been making plays, and I've been trying my best. Obviously he's such a great skater, so give him the puck at the right times to help him get up the ice. So far it's been pretty seamless." -- Nashville defenseman Dante Fabbro on being paired with Mattias Ekholm

Wild projected lineup
Mats Zuccarello -- Eric Staal -- Luke Kunin
Zach Parise -- Mikko Koivu -- Jason Zucker
Marcus Foligno -- Victor Rask -- Ryan Hartman
Ryan Donato -- Gabriel Dumont -- Gerald Mayhew
Ryan Suter -- Jared Spurgeon
Jonas Brodin -- Matt Dumba
Carson Soucy -- Brad Hunt
Alex Stalock
Kaapo Kahkonen
Scratched: Nick Seeler
Injured: Joel Eriksson Ek (lower body), Kevin Fiala (lower body), Greg Pateryn (core), Devan Dubnyk (upper body), Jordan Greenway (upper body)

Predators projected lineup
Calle Jarnkrok -- Ryan Johansen -- Viktor Arvidsson
Mikael Granlund -- Kyle Turris -- Matt Duchene
Rocco Grimaldi -- Nick Bonino -- Craig Smith
Miikka Salomaki -- Colton Sissons -- Austin Watson
Roman Josi -- Ryan Ellis
Mattias Ekholm -- Dante Fabbro
Dan Hamhuis -- Yannick Weber
Pekka Rinne
Juuse Saros
Scratched: Matt Irwin
Injured: Filip Forsberg (lower body)

Status report
Rask participated in the morning skate and could play. … Eriksson Ek could play Saturday, Boudreau said. … Kahkonen was recalled from Iowa of the American Hockey League on Wednesday. … Forsberg did not participate in the morning skate.

Stat pack
Koivu has 44 points (nine goals, 35 assists) in 49 games against the Predators. … Josi has eight points (four goals, four assists) in his past seven games. … Turris has five points (two goals, three assists) in a four-game point streak.

Work like a Captain.
Play like a Pirate.
Post #: 445
RE: Wild 2019/2020 Season - 10/24/2019 2:52:15 PM   
TJSweens

Wow, BB jumped Kunin from 3rd line center to 1st line RW. Next thing you know, he might 30 seconds on the power play.

Post #: 446
RE: Wild 2019/2020 Season - 10/24/2019 8:09:57 PM   
stfrank

Jumping in to check the score and see we are out shooting them 14-5, but down 0-1......back to usual I guess.
Post #: 447
RE: Wild 2019/2020 Season - 10/24/2019 8:36:58 PM   
stfrank

Tune in again only to watch us give up another goal with 29 seconds left in the 2nd period.....now 0-2.
Post #: 448
RE: Wild 2019/2020 Season - 10/25/2019 7:33:33 AM   
SoMnFan

ugh.

Right back to in-the-shitter

Stalocks like having your own kid playing again … "you want him to do so well, but he just isn't quite good enough for this level ………"
He's not good enough to replace Dubnyk, who's not good enough to be a starting NHL goalie
So we have that going for us, which is, ya know … awful
Renne is just so good, have no idea how they don't win more there. He looks unbeatable when we play him. I honestly don't think he even broke a sweat last night
Makes it look so easy to shut us out. There really wasn't one puck that even got close to getting by him.
That has to be kinda nice, eh.

Work like a Captain.
Play like a Pirate.
Post #: 449
RE: Wild 2019/2020 Season - 10/25/2019 9:54:52 AM   
twinsfan

quote:

ugh.

Right back to in-the-shitter

Stalocks like having your own kid playing again … "you want him to do so well, but he just isn't quite good enough for this level ………"
He's not good enough to replace Dubnyk, who's not good enough to be a starting NHL goalie
So we have that going for us, which is, ya know … awful
Renne is just so good, have no idea how they don't win more there. He looks unbeatable when we play him. I honestly don't think he even broke a sweat last night
Makes it look so easy to shut us out. There really wasn't one puck that even got close to getting by him.
That has to be kinda nice, eh.

Why don't we get Bitzer?

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 450
Page:   <<   < prev  16 17 [18] 19 20   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Wild >> RE: Wild 2019/2020 Season Page: <<   < prev  16 17 [18] 19 20   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode