Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  172 173 [174] 175 176   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/9/2019 3:08:03 PM   
ronhextall

According to Startribune if Rams win out the Vikings also need to or they are done.

No margin for error.
Post #: 4326
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/9/2019 3:15:51 PM   
Bill Jandro

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mark Anderson

quote:

ORIGINAL: David F.

I understand that the Vikes are not the #1 team in the league this year. Teams that are clearly better than us - just off the top of my head - Pats, Ravens, Niners, maybe the Saints and maybe the Seahawks... doesn't matter for this topic. All that said you never know what might happen in the playoffs. It's even more possible to steal a playoff win or two if you have home field advantage. We need to get home field advantage. To get that we have to beat at least one good team. The team I'm thinking of is the Packers. We're a better team than them. Now we have to win out and hope they drop one to the Lions or the Bears. We are also a better team than the Chiefs without Mahomes.

The difference this year between us winning the division and having HFA or the Packers having it is that they beat the Mahomes-less Chiefs and we didn't and we couldn't beat them in Lamblow even though we were the better team that day.

I'm still hoping for the best.

Yep.

We have to play better.

Getting Thielen back and Hill and Hughes subbing for Rhodes will definitely help.

Things that need to get better.

1) OLine still has issues. Passing game stalled because of interior pressure yesterday.
2) Teams are catching on to when we want to go play action. It looked like DET knew what we were doing in the 2nd half. Pass and Run calls. Get the white board out.
3) Pass Rush needs to improve. Yeah. We got 5 sacks. I'm thinking it would have been 2 if a healthy Stafford had played.(Hunter sack before missed FG should have been a 3rd down completion to Marvin Jones for a 1st down) More time for Odenigbo. More timely blitzes.
4) As I said above, less Rhodes.

Winning division will be the key to our success. GB will have to beat a resurging Bears team and hopefully a Stafford led Lions team in DET who would love to play spoiler after getting jobbed by refs in GB.

Solid post

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 4327
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/9/2019 3:17:05 PM   
Bill Jandro

quote:

quote:

quote:

I understand that the Vikes are not the #1 team in the league this year. Teams that are clearly better than us - just off the top of my head - Pats, Ravens, Niners, maybe the Saints and maybe the Seahawks... doesn't matter for this topic. All that said you never know what might happen in the playoffs. It's even more possible to steal a playoff win or two if you have home field advantage. We need to get home field advantage. To get that we have to beat at least one good team. The team I'm thinking of is the Packers. We're a better team than them. Now we have to win out and hope they drop one to the Lions or the Bears. We are also a better team than the Chiefs without Mahomes.

The difference this year between us winning the division and having HFA or the Packers having it is that they beat the Mahomes-less Chiefs and we didn't and we couldn't beat them in Lamblow even though we were the better team that day.

Yep.

We have to play better.

Getting Thielen back and Hill and Hughes subbing for Rhodes will definitely help.

1) OLine still has issues. Passing game stalled because of interior pressure yesterday.
2) Teams are catching on to when we want to go play action. It looked like DET knew what we were doing in the 2nd half. Pass and Run calls. Get the white board out.
3) Pass Rush needs to improve. Yeah. We got 5 sacks. I'm thinking it would have been 2 if a healthy Stafford had played.(Hunter sack before missed FG should have been a 1st down completion to Marvin Jones for a 1st down) More time for Odenigbo. More timely blitzes.

Winning division will be the key to our success. GB will have to beat a resurging Bears team and hopefully a Stafford led Lions team in DET who would love to play spoiler after getting jobbed by refs in GB.

Yesterday the Vikings' coaching staff did a spectacular job with Rhodes in regard to maximizing his positives and minimizing his negatives. He started the game in his normal spot, then was out for a series or two, then was on the other side of the field, then was out, then was back in his regular spot. I bet Detroit was licking their chops when they saw him in his normal spot to start the game and then just like that he was gone and then moved around. Hopefully this continues.

Rhodes had 29 snaps 40%

Zim at least gets it and hopefully phases him out totally.

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 4328
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/9/2019 3:47:50 PM   
David Levine

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Jandro

quote:

quote:

quote:

Yep.

We have to play better.

3) Pass Rush needs to improve. Yeah. We got 5 sacks. I'm thinking it would have been 2 if a healthy Stafford had played.(Hunter sack before missed FG should have been a 1st down completion to Marvin Jones for a 1st down) More time for Odenigbo. More timely blitzes.

Yesterday the Vikings' coaching staff did a spectacular job with Rhodes in regard to maximizing his positives and minimizing his negatives. He started the game in his normal spot, then was out for a series or two, then was on the other side of the field, then was out, then was back in his regular spot. I bet Detroit was licking their chops when they saw him in his normal spot to start the game and then just like that he was gone and then moved around. Hopefully this continues.

Rhodes had 29 snaps 40%

I thought he got dinged again and was in and out the rest of the way?
Post #: 4329
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/9/2019 4:29:56 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

ORIGINAL: bohumm

quote:

ORIGINAL: thebigo

quote:

quote:

Players all turned on Bard. He was a complete A Hole. Moss did us a solid cuz he seen it right away and wanted no part of it.

However, if Zim keeps playing Rhodes he could lose the team.

Except Moss was an asshole, too. Mixed bag to be sure, because he did good things, but he did a lot of asshole things with the Vikes.

Strictly based on haters perception.

Screaming at caterers and humiliating sponsors is asshole behavior. Nudging a cop with your car because you're entitled to defy traffic direction is asshole behavior.

I believe the car incident turned out to be a fun thing where she (the traffic cop) ended up riding on his hood.
Post #: 4330
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/9/2019 4:32:02 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Players all turned on Bard. He was a complete A Hole. Moss did us a solid cuz he seen it right away and wanted no part of it.

Except Moss was an asshole, too. Mixed bag to be sure, because he did good things, but he did a lot of asshole things with the Vikes.

Screaming at caterers and humiliating sponsors is asshole behavior. Nudging a cop with your car because you're entitled to defy traffic direction is asshole behavior.

Fortunately he didn't get blown away.

Don't forget he squirted a ref with a water bottle. Also played when he wanted to play. It's all well documented.

And that despicable false moon to the packers on his 2nd TD in the (then) only playoff matchup between the two teams.

A disgrace I tell 'ya!
Post #: 4331
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/9/2019 4:34:06 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

ORIGINAL: Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jeff Jesser

Moss was an asshole but was our asshole. KA was Philly's asshole and he can stay there.

Trading Moss was one of the saddest football days in my life. I loved watching him as much as watching Anthony Carter.

Vick and Deion had their moments, but when that ball was descending from a high arc there was nothing more electrifying than Moss.

Except maybe Moss catching a Jeff George no arc cannonshot while in full stride.
Post #: 4332
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/9/2019 5:54:37 PM   
David F.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Johanesen

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Don't forget he squirted a ref with a water bottle. Also played when he wanted to play. It's all well documented.

And that despicable false moon to the packers on his 2nd TD in the (then) only playoff matchup between the two teams.

A disgrace I tell 'ya!

“They better be talkin’ about that W we just hung up on them at lambough!”

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 4333
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/9/2019 7:29:12 PM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: drviking

We lost the chance of the division losing to KC and Chase Daniels

Win one of those and it's ours

We are only playing for wild card
IMO

I couldn't help but notice... you seem to have a lot of assholes.
Post #: 4334
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/10/2019 7:10:26 AM   
SoMnFan

Rhodes 101
Has he EVER left a game under his own power?
lather, chase, lay down hurt, limp off, repeat …...

Work like a Captain.
Play like a Pirate.
Post #: 4335
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/10/2019 9:03:45 AM   
eagleflorida

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

A disgrace I tell 'ya!

And I whole-heartedly agree with Joe Buck's take from the announcer's booth on Moss desecrating the beloved Lambeau shrine with his disgusting actions.
Post #: 4336
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/10/2019 11:28:16 AM   
Ragnarök

Florio being the Realist Vikings fan he is...

power rankings

6. Packers (10-3; No. 7): The wins are lackluster, but they just keep winning.

7. Patriots (10-3; No. 5): Apparently, they were “on to Cincinnati” a week too early.

8. Vikings (9-4; No. 10): The table is set . . . for Kirk Cousins to vomit all over it.
Post #: 4337
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/10/2019 6:40:43 PM   
Dana Turner

So here we are, something to play for in December!

It's a good thing when you have it clear and right in front of you. The Vikings know if they finish the season strong and win the next three games, they are in the tournament and anything can happen. The motivation couldn't be more clear and this coaching staff and the team leaders need to stress the importance to detail and assignment.

We are fortunate, there are many teams who's only motivation to play is the love of the game or to be a spoiler. I say that neither of those motivational avenues is capable of any real sustained effort. This is a tough game and when you are playing for nothing, no chance of making the playoffs, it's harder to keep the focus at peak level. Not to say it can't happen, history is full of teams that had a chance to make the playoffs and came out flat, like us last year.

We if I'm in that locker room now, I remind those guys what we squandered last year. This team has a chance to do something great, it's right there in front of them, if they focus and play to their strengths, if they do their assignments and keep constant pressure on L.A. this weekend, they can go to California and beat the Chargers and let the last two games at home count for something. If they come out flat and lay an egg in California this weekend, the last two games really won't mean much, it will be the beginning of a shake-up and we will be talking about next year.

But I don't see it that way. I know we have had so many let downs over the last 50 years that it's nearly impossible to have full confidence, but I do. I really feel we are going to win this weekend and the next two after that. I feel this team will rise up and prove to be much better than they have shown so far this year. I believe Zimmer is correct when he says that we haven't played our best ball yet and it's coming! Lets get on a roll, lets come out this weekend with bad intentions for the Chargers and not let them get in the game. Take the fight out of them early with constant pressure and extra effort. Why not us, SKOL Vikings!!!
Post #: 4338
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/10/2019 7:07:17 PM   
Pager

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dana Turner

It's a good thing when you have it clear and right in front of you. The Vikings know if they finish the season strong and win the next three games, they are in the tournament and anything can happen. The motivation couldn't be more clear and this coaching staff and the team leaders need to stress the importance to detail and assignment.

We are fortunate, there are many teams who's only motivation to play is the love of the game or to be a spoiler. I say that neither of those motivational avenues is capable of any real sustained effort. This is a tough game and when you are playing for nothing, no chance of making the playoffs, it's harder to keep the focus at peak level. Not to say it can't happen, history is full of teams that had a chance to make the playoffs and came out flat, like us last year.

We if I'm in that locker room now, I remind those guys what we squandered last year. This team has a chance to do something great, it's right there in front of them, if they focus and play to their strengths, if they do their assignments and keep constant pressure on L.A. this weekend, they can go to California and beat the Chargers and let the last two games at home count for something. If they come out flat and lay an egg in California this weekend, the last two games really won't mean much, it will be the beginning of a shake-up and we will be talking about next year.

But I don't see it that way. I know we have had so many let downs over the last 50 years that it's nearly impossible to have full confidence, but I do. I really feel we are going to win this weekend and the next two after that. I feel this team will rise up and prove to be much better than they have shown so far this year. I believe Zimmer is correct when he says that we haven't played our best ball yet and it's coming! Lets get on a roll, lets come out this weekend with bad intentions for the Chargers and not let them get in the game. Take the fight out of them early with constant pressure and extra effort. Why not us, SKOL Vikings!!!

Left picking up the pieces.
Post #: 4339
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/10/2019 7:17:00 PM   
thebigo

quote:

Dana, that's a little over the top, don't you think? We can still end up 11-5 and almost certainly in the playoffs
Post #: 4340
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/10/2019 7:25:50 PM   
hagar

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Yep.

We have to play better.

Rhodes had 29 snaps 40%

I'm pretty sure he was in and out early in the game before his weekly owie.
Can't verify it, but, I do remember Hughes taking several snaps early on.
Post #: 4341
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/10/2019 7:34:11 PM   
Pager

They were rotating early, Zimmer said in his presser that was the plan going in. Rhodes going down increased the rotation and got Hill more PT but the rotation was part of the game-plan.

Post #: 4342
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/10/2019 7:35:17 PM   
hagar

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

A disgrace I tell 'ya!

That was hilarious. Joe Buck crying in his milk and cookies was awesome. My daughter had me
make a T shirt for her that night with the picture similar to your avatar on it so she could wear it to
work the next day because she worked with a packer fan. I was very proud of her.
Post #: 4343
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/10/2019 7:37:36 PM   
hagar

quote:

ORIGINAL: eagleflorida

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

A disgrace I tell 'ya!

And I whole-heartedly agree with Joe Buck's take from the announcer's booth on Moss desecrating the beloved Lambeau shrine with his disgusting actions.

Not a more deserving place to desecrate exists in football.
Post #: 4344
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/10/2019 7:43:26 PM   
Pager

quote:

quote:

Dana, that's a little over the top, don't you think? We can still end up 11-5 and almost certainly in the playoffs

I don't think it's over the top. Rams will most likely have the tie-braker. and an easier remaining schedule (DAL, SF, ARI). I see two wins there for them. I think we have to win 2 of the last 3 to make the playoffs based on my belief that Rams win 2 of 3. Lose at LA and we'd have to win both the GB & CHI game. After last year - it'd be nice to be playing for the Division in week 17 instead of trying to get into the playoffs.

I don't see CHI making the playoffs.

< Message edited by Pager -- 12/10/2019 7:45:04 PM >

Post #: 4345
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/10/2019 7:48:26 PM   
hagar

quote:

ORIGINAL: Pager

quote:

quote:

I don't think it's over the top. Rams will most likely have the tie-braker. and an easier remaining schedule (DAL, SF, ARI). I see two wins there for them. I think we have to win 2 of the last 3 to make the playoffs based on my belief that Rams win 2 of 3. Lose at LA and we'd have to win both the GB & CHI game. After last year - it'd be nice to be playing for the Division in week 17 instead of trying to get into the playoffs.

Hopefully the bears still believe they have a chance. More motivation to beat the packers this week.
Post #: 4346
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/10/2019 8:53:04 PM   
David F.

quote:

ORIGINAL: hagar

quote:

quote:

quote:

Hopefully the bears still believe they have a chance. More motivation to beat the packers this week.

A win for the Bear and a win for us sets up a huge Monday Night Football game on 12/23. I think the NFL can make it so the officials 'make some mistakes' in our game and the Packers game and enable that to happen.

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 4347
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/10/2019 9:00:25 PM   
thebigo

quote:

quote:

quote:

It hardly seems a stretch that we wouldn't win our last 2 home games when we are already 6-0 this year. Dana's statement was if we lose in LA that the season is over, in effect we don't make the playoffs, which is likely the only scenario where a change in coaching staff results.
Post #: 4348
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/10/2019 9:13:40 PM   
Pager

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

It hardly seems a stretch that we wouldn't win our last 2 home games when we are already 6-0 this year. Dana's statement was if we lose in LA that the season is over, in effect we don't make the playoffs, which is likely the only scenario where a change in coaching staff results.

I guess it depends on your definition of "a stretch" or "over the top". When was the last time we played a competitive game against Chicago? 3 in a row we've been dominated. I don't consider GB and CHI gimmes.

I don't think it's crazy to think we can beat GB and CHI. I also don't think it's crazy to believe if we can't win against LA, we don't win both our last two games.

Nothing would surprise me the last three games.

Post #: 4349
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/10/2019 9:15:06 PM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: hagar

quote:

quote:

quote:

At least the Rams play a late game, so the Bears will still be alive until the afternoon games, assuming they take care of the Pukers.
Post #: 4350
Page:   <<   < prev  172 173 [174] 175 176   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  172 173 [174] 175 176   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode