Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  176 177 [178] 179 180   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/15/2019 7:05:34 PM   
thebigo

I guess out of all of this, we get a bunch of idiots letting us know what they're thinking
Post #: 4426
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/15/2019 7:06:35 PM   
Bruce Johnson

The odds became tougher to win the division, but the odds to make the playoffs jumped for the Vikings. It was surprising to see that the Niners lost to Atlanta. They have a tough schedule now with the Rams at home and the Seahawks on the road. That may be a doozy of a game and may be the only game that matters much in week 17.

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 4427
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/15/2019 7:09:37 PM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ragnarök

quote:

ORIGINAL: ronhextall

quote:

ORIGINAL: thebigo

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ragnarök

Bears already getting screwed at Lameblow as Patterson blows up punt reception and gets bogus penalty...

You cant win there when you have to beat the refs...

Likely what we have to look forward to IF we make the playoffs...

Need to be good enough to score so many points the refs don’t matter. Another reason the NFL is an offense driven league.

Really? Are you saying the refs can't prevent you from scoring?

Refs screwing over a low scoring team once is much more devastating then the refs screwing over a high scoring team once.

It isn’t rocket science.

Its more than once when teams play Pack at home, there was a graphic a couple weeks ago that showed the Pack get 43 percent or something more favorable calls than any other home team...

Coupled with the constant no calls on their league known and well documented HOLDING techniques and it gives that a home field advantage few other teams share...

quote:

ronhextall

Apparently you should talk to ronhextall
Post #: 4428
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/15/2019 7:17:55 PM   
ronhextall

The less big plays your offense is capable of, the more big penalties hurt.

I will stick by that.
Post #: 4429
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/15/2019 7:53:00 PM   
thebigo

quote:

The less big plays your offense is capable of, the more big penalties hurt.

I will stick by that.

Based on what?
Post #: 4430
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/15/2019 7:54:05 PM   
thebigo

quote:

I guess out of all of this, we get a bunch of idiots letting us know what they're thinking

SO TRUE!
Post #: 4431
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/15/2019 7:55:47 PM   
ambear

Good "home" win today. Good to see the stands filled with purple! Hope Cook is OK. Boone seems to play well when given his opportunities. Still can't figure out what is up with our defense. Just don't look like they are playing well as a unit. Looks like if SF beats LA next Saturday night, we will have clinched a wild card spot.
Post #: 4432
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/15/2019 7:56:00 PM  2 votes
Viking Rich

quote:

OK, VIKINGS RICH, you have definitely lets us know where you stand, Vikings fan wise

Point being ASSHOLE, for a team to finish 12-4 and not win the division is a rare occurence.

Since the NFL went to the 8 division format in 2002 (now 17 complete seasons), teams finishing 2nd in all the divisions with a 12-4 record has only happened 7 times. And incredibly, all 7 times its happened, the division winner also finished 12-4, coming down to a tie-breaker.

On another point, theBigO is a jerk. You constantly fuel and spark animosity on these boards, as if you somehow own them. No one attacked you; you just feel like it's your place to attack other posters and then feel good about it.

Does it make you feel good, BigO? Does it satisfy your internet bully cravings? Gives you satisfaction to put a stamp on your internet courage card?

Why do you feel you have to drive everyone off these boards? I don't post much because idiots like you always feel like you want to start shit for No F'k'ing reason. I definitely see why posting from some of the old time posters are down. Guys like you are a CANCER on these boards.

Don't like what I post? Then just STFU and put me on IP.

Sam Darnold's Gonna Shock Us All
Post #: 4433
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/15/2019 8:06:17 PM   
thebigo

Regardless of anything about anything that anybody has said about anything about our opponent today, didn't we beat our opponent on the road today by like 30 points? It would be nice (and yes it is still a possibility that we could be the home team throughout the playoffs) that anyone on these boards could just have a good feel about this team?
Post #: 4434
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/15/2019 8:25:07 PM  2 votes
David F.

quote:

Regardless of anything about anything that anybody has said about anything about our opponent today, didn't we beat our opponent on the road today by like 30 points? It would be nice (and yes it is still a possibility that we could be the home team throughout the playoffs) that anyone on these boards could just have a good feel about this team?

The thing is - you can’t control how other people feel. Neither can I. I’ve learned that it’s best for my own happiness to just worry about what I can control - which is just me and nothing else. Everything else I try to just accept and let go. You seem to have lost control of your ability to stay civil. Where you were once the witty/quick-hitter kind of poster you are now more of an antagonist/insulting type. I’m just as bad as you so don’t think I don’t know about it. I think you could really use some positive change in your life.

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 4435
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/15/2019 8:26:30 PM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Viking Rich

quote:

OK, VIKINGS RICH, you have definitely lets us know where you stand, Vikings fan wise

Point being ASSHOLE, for a team to finish 12-4 and not win the division is a rare occurence.

Since the NFL went to the 8 division format in 2002 (now 17 complete seasons), teams finishing 2nd in all the divisions with a 12-4 record has only happened 7 times. And incredibly, all 7 times its happened, the division winner also finished 12-4, coming down to a tie-breaker.

On another point, theBigO is a jerk. You constantly fuel and spark animosity on these boards, as if you somehow own them. No one attacked you; you just feel like it's your place to attack other posters and then feel good about it.

Does it make you feel good, BigO? Does it satisfy your internet bully cravings? Gives you satisfaction to put a stamp on your internet courage card?

Why do you feel you have to drive everyone off these boards? I don't post much because idiots like you always feel like you want to start shit for No F'k'ing reason. I definitely see why posting from some of the old time posters are down. Guys like you are a CANCER on these boards.

Don't like what I post? Then just STFU and put me on IP.

I had a bunch to say in reply to your post, but then as I read along your initial ranting was in complete agreement with I what had stated. Sorry if a slightly imagined disagreement on a web site discussion has sent you over the edge. Certainly not my intention.
Post #: 4436
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/15/2019 9:36:18 PM   
Pager

My observations:

Boone looked quick, and moves like a snake - slithering through small creases.

Hunter is a WRECKING BALL. If ball awareness was one of the things Zim wanted him to focus on, well done. Thought the strip sack was the only thing separating him from the Mack type game changers.

Won the trenches on both sides of the ball. Obi-wan makes plays.

Thielan, didn't need him, perfect game flow. Got him some snaps, didn't have to force him out there at the end of the game.

Cousins played efficient. First bad INT since game 2.

Secondary still a liability. Hughes didn't look great. Hope a rotation of Hughes, Hill and Rhodes can make enough plays down the stretch.

Enjoyed myself a no-doubter. Makes the Sunday much more enjoyable.

Left picking up the pieces.
Post #: 4437
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/15/2019 10:04:20 PM  1 votes
thebigo

I've got the entire Christmas week off. Will give me the entire day to face paint for the MNF game.

I REALLY hope the Vikes fans are in full voice from the first snap. I know I will be doing what I can.

Based on what I have seen through 20+ years as season ticket holder, our fans are not the match for KC, Seattle, Pittsburgh fans certainly, can't say specifically beyond that, sorry.

It's very frustrating, come game day.

Hopefully that Monday "work night" people won't follow the regular season "sleeping through the first half" attitude that I see most games.

And tough shit if you feel like what I have to say drives you away from the website. Odds are that those posters that I have "reportedly" driven away have driven away more intelligent posters. And hopefully me driving them away, potentially brings those "more intelligent" posters back.

That would be my hope, can't say if that's for the best or not.
Post #: 4438
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/15/2019 10:28:11 PM   
thebigo

So it comes down to this. We beat the Pukers next week, and the Bears the next week, and the Pukers lose week 17. Wins us the division, AND maybe NFC home advantage through the playoffs.

IF not and we win out, hopefully we get the 5th seed going against NFC East division winner. Although how nice would it be to go into Lameblow and knock the pukers out of the playoffs, would make us 2-0 in the playoffs at Lameblow.
Post #: 4439
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/15/2019 10:31:15 PM   
Russell Timmons

Really enjoyed watching the Bills win tonight after watching Collinsworth and the entire NBC crew giving the Steelers a tongue bath for three hours.

“Even if we could turn back, we'd probably never end up where we started.” - Haruki Murakami
Post #: 4440
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/15/2019 10:36:54 PM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Russell Timmons

Really enjoyed watching the Bills win tonight after watching Collinsworth and the entire NBC crew giving the Steelers a tongue bath for three hours.

You say like that's a bad thing
Post #: 4441
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/15/2019 10:43:54 PM   
Russell Timmons

quote:

quote:

We're not talking about me personally, we're talking about the Steelers. I can think of others outside of Collinsworth who I'd like to get a tongue bath from...

“Even if we could turn back, we'd probably never end up where we started.” - Haruki Murakami
Post #: 4442
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/15/2019 10:55:47 PM   
bohumm

quote:

quote:

quote:

We're not talking about me personally, we're talking about the Steelers. I can think of others outside of Collinsworth who I'd like to get a tongue bath from...

Especially because he'd be saying the whole time, "Russell has a 78% 'success' rate when I lick him RIGHT here....."
Post #: 4443
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/16/2019 2:08:43 AM   
Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

So it comes down to this. We beat the Pukers next week, and the Bears the next week, and the Pukers lose week 17. Wins us the division, AND maybe NFC home advantage through the playoffs.

IF not and we win out, hopefully we get the 5th seed going against NFC East division winner. Although how nice would it be to go into Lameblow and knock the pukers out of the playoffs, would make us 2-0 in the playoffs at Lameblow.

2-0 huh?
Post #: 4444
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/16/2019 7:05:23 AM   
Todd M

Making the playoffs will be...nice, who doesn't love waking up on playoff weekend... but it will most likely on the road for as long as we're alive and it is hard to imagine going very far with the D giving up chunks like they have been. We're really not that far off and I could almost imagine them being able to fight it out on the road, or just having a couple things gone differently this year to represent at home...but there is a giant home on our D and good teams will exploit it.
Post #: 4445
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/16/2019 7:19:30 AM   
SteveR

That was a good laugher game yesterday once it got going. I was only able to check in periodically, but it looks like the Chargers had seven turnovers. That's a tough hole to get out of once it is dug.

It was good to get the Lions and Chargers out of the way. Now we are in the thick of it.

Maybe turnovers will be the key again with the Packers. We score around 28 and get turnovers, we win. I suppose Rodgers will light up our secondary like a Christmas tree in a disco ball in a starry sky.

Score, score, score plus turnovers, those are the keys for Monday night.
Post #: 4446
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/16/2019 8:53:59 AM   
Bill Jandro

I think Waynes and Hill should be are starting outside cb's.

What has happened to Alexander? Both he and Hughes are playing like Rhodes.

Seems like miscommunication or something going on back there.

Thankfully LAC were a complete turnover machine.

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 4447
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/16/2019 8:55:44 AM   
Rob Viking

Nice win yesterday. The Chargers have the type of team to exploit us on both sides. Two very good edge rushers could have their way in pass pro and size and speed at wide receiver. Obviously everything changed with the fumble return, and the Chargers have a fragile psyche.

Great having Thielen back, little impact but he looked ok.

Does Rudy read the boards? He seems to have turned it on the second half of the season.

How many clutch bombs has Diggs caught this year? Every bomb he catches seems to ice the game or get us back in the game.

Having Rhodes on snap count seems to be working. His weekly minor injury is a sign he wants to take a quarter off.

Is Kendricks an all-pro? Methinks he'll make 2nd team with his play the season. Thought Barr was active as well today.

Hope Cook is alright, Boone was excellent. Look the Kubiak system has helped produce Terrell Davis, Mike Anderson, Olandis Gary, Steve Slaton, Arian Foster, and many more. It's arguably the most RB friendly system ever created. Still we will need Cook for his play in the passing game and his homerun ability.
Post #: 4448
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/16/2019 9:02:21 AM   
Rob Viking

quote:

ORIGINAL: Todd M

Making the playoffs will be...nice, who doesn't love waking up on playoff weekend... but it will most likely on the road for as long as we're alive and it is hard to imagine going very far with the D giving up chunks like they have been. We're really not that far off and I could almost imagine them being able to fight it out on the road, or just having a couple things gone differently this year to represent at home...but there is a giant home on our D and good teams will exploit it.

Going to Lambeau and winning a playoff game would still warrant a successful season IMO.

I felt the chance for a SB was dashed in Seattle, because I don't think the D can hold up without the benefit of homefield for 3 games in January. But you never know the 49ers seem to be losing steam, the Saints have lost some games at home and the Seahawks can be had. If the Falcons can go into SF and NO and win, we can too.
Post #: 4449
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/16/2019 9:42:26 AM   
Ush

My $.02 cents:

1. Good road win. This was definitely a trap game considering the Pukers are coming in next week. Long travel to the game, outside...grass...hot team...blah, blah, blah. This is the team that beat the Pukers handily so I don’t just throw this one away. I think SD has a lot of talent but are a turnover machine on offense. Their D is pretty good now that they are healthy. I’ll take the gift and move on.

2. Why does it seem like we NEVER make a play on the ball when we have good coverage? Contested plays always seem to end up catches agains our DB’s.

3. I was texting my buddy who couldn’t watch the game. The 1st half went something like this:

- 3rd and long and they convert
- another one
- another one
- another one

At some point we nee to figure out our struggles on 3rd down. Are we too predictable? Our D would look much better if we’d get a couple more stops per game to get off the field. It has to be deflating for teams to convert at will in this situation.

4. Good game for Kirk outside of the INT. Bad play but it happens. He even converted a designed QB run!

5. Our oline wasn’t opening a lot of holes in the running game until SD gave up in the 2nd half but their pass blocking was much better than I expected yesterday. Good job by the oline and the TE’s/RB’s who were chipping and picking up blitzes

6. Boone looks like a player

7. Hopefully these missed XP’s don’t come back to bite us in a big game. It’s strange that we’ve had a couple of kickers who are so consistent kicking FG’s (Forbath and Bailey) but miss a bunch of XP’s. Must be a mental thing.

8. Great job by Colquitt and the coverage teams this week for downing a couple of punts inside the 5. I think it was Boyd who made a nice play to keep one out of the endzone.

9. Good to have Theilen back. If Cook’s injury isn’t a long-term thing, we should be very healthy on offense going into the playoffs. Cousins will have a full complement of threats and, with a good game plan, should be able to put up points on anyone.

10. I have very little trust in our defense. It’s a shame because this is a season where I wouldn’t be surprised about any of the NFC contenders ending up in the Super Bowl. If our D was playing the way it has in the past couple of seasons I’d be totally optimistic (as optimistic as a VIkings fan can be) but I just don’t feel like we can make plays on D against good offenses. Maybe that makes this our year? Who knows? It has been a weird season.
Post #: 4450
Page:   <<   < prev  176 177 [178] 179 180   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  176 177 [178] 179 180   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode