Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  178 179 [180] 181 182   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/16/2019 7:11:27 PM   
thebigo

Conboys and Philthy are both 7-7.

Considering the other 2 teams in their division are both 3-13, how bad are those 7-7 records really?
Post #: 4476
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/16/2019 7:19:36 PM   
joejitsu

quote:

ORIGINAL: Pager

Zimmer in his monday presser said Rhodes only playing 14 snaps was not injury related.

Rhodes just can't seem to get it done anymore. And, he's getting 10 million for being one of the worst cb's in the league. I think he will be with another team or out of the league by draft day.
Post #: 4477
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/16/2019 7:48:24 PM   
David Levine

quote:

ORIGINAL: joejitsu

quote:

ORIGINAL: Pager

Zimmer in his monday presser said Rhodes only playing 14 snaps was not injury related.

Rhodes just can't seem to get it done anymore. And, he's getting 10 million for being one of the worst cb's in the league. I think he will be with another team or out of the league by draft day.

13.3M....
Post #: 4478
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/16/2019 7:54:07 PM   
ronhextall

quote:

ORIGINAL: thebigo

Considering the other 2 teams in their division are both 3-13, how bad are those 7-7 records really?

What is the Vikings best win in the last two years?

It’s Philly or the Conboys. Vikings haven’t beat a team worth a crap since the Saints in the playoffs.

< Message edited by ronhextall -- 12/16/2019 7:56:17 PM >
Post #: 4479
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/16/2019 8:10:53 PM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: ronhextall

quote:

It’s Philly or the Conboys. Vikings haven’t beat a team worth a crap since the Saints in the playoffs.

Any opportunity to rip on "your" team, eh?
Post #: 4480
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/16/2019 8:21:38 PM   
Bruce Johnson

Top #Vikings grades from MIN@LAC:

Offense
• Rudolph: 80.3
• Boone: 79.5
• Cousins: 79.2
• Reiff: 70.6
• Cook: 66.4
• Ham: 65.8

Defense
• Hunter: 93.1
• Harris: 90.9
• Waynes: 83.3
• Barr: 81.6
• Smith: 79.5
• Shamar: 78.6
• Kendricks: 74.6

(Nick Olson on Twitter)

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 4481
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/16/2019 8:24:09 PM   
Bruce Johnson

Can we talk about how Danielle Hunter knocked not just one but *both* Chargers' tackles onto their butts on that strip sack TD?

https://twitter.com/i/status/1206401897051103233

(Nick Olson on Twitter)

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 4482
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/16/2019 8:26:41 PM   
ronhextall

quote:

quote:

quote:

It’s not debatable. If somebody wants to compile a list of great wins in the last two years I would love to read it.

Zimmer and Speilman have disappointed every time in big games. Which is why they should both be gone if they don’t win at least one playoff game.

< Message edited by ronhextall -- 12/16/2019 8:28:42 PM >
Post #: 4483
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/16/2019 8:32:15 PM   
Bruce Johnson

My client that I spoke of the other day is having his leg amputated tomorrow. Of course that is a big deal for anyone. I suggested that he might want to come here to talk football. He said yes, he wants to. I mentioned that he played football for the Crimson Tide, but when I double checked on that it seemed that I had heard incorrectly about that. I'm not sure how that happened, but he does love his college team and he roots for the Vikings. Hopefully we will be hearing from him here before too long, but I suspect he will be focusing on his health for awhile.

Post #: 4484
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/16/2019 8:41:58 PM   
Bruce Johnson

Ben Leber on the Patriots latest filming/ cheating incident:

"Take away 2-1st Rounders this time along with a stiff cap penalty. Just mind-boggling"

The Patriots are the team I love to hate. I would fantasize here that they only get to have ten players on the field for the next ten years and the officials should be instructed to call holding on them real closely, as well. Go ahead and call holding thirty times a game. Bleep the Patriots.

There. Sorry. Of course I'm a frustrated Vikings fan.

Post #: 4485
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/16/2019 9:06:29 PM   
Dana Turner

Solid win for the Vikings in a situation that they have squandered in the past. Two things stood out and should be talked about. One, the Vikings came out with great energy and maintained that energy throughout the game. Second, the defense was hitting like I have not seen them hit this year. Maybe the return of Sendejo has sparked some energy into the tackling, but there were some solid hits on Sunday.

I thought the blocked punt was a big plus, we got three points out of that, so a good sign for a special teams unit that needed to have a good game.

The stand in the late third/early fourth Quarter where we stopped them from getting a TD on 4th and 14 was also nice since we then turned that in to a 86 yard drive and 7 more points.

I love how hard all of our running backs run, it can't be said enough, these guys initiate contact and don't shy away from it at all. Love our ground game this year and on the 8 yard TD by Boone, the blocking was perfect, great block by both Smith and Elf as well as the rest of the line!

7 takeaways is ridiculous, SD fans must be wondering what the hell happened to a damn solid team. I know they had their injuries this year, but their ball security all year has been bad, not this bad, but bad.

I really liked the offensive play calling, especially the first scoring drive, really mixed it up and even had me off balance {:~).

Really great coaching job all the way around, I'm obviously not a Zimmer supporter on these threads, but I know when I've seen some good work and these guys did exactly what was needed on the west coast, not an easy task.

I will be back in the states for the holidays, watching the Monday night game with my brother in Bell Plains, Minnesota, can't wait!!! SKOL VIKINGS!!!
Post #: 4486
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/16/2019 9:42:48 PM   
thebigo

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

It’s not debatable. If somebody wants to compile a list of great wins in the last two years I would love to read it.

Zimmer and Speilman have disappointed every time in big games. Which is why they should both be gone if they don’t win at least one playoff game.

You appear to be debating with yourself. Have fun with that.

< Message edited by thebigo -- 12/16/2019 9:45:40 PM >
Post #: 4487
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/16/2019 10:01:18 PM   
thebigo

Vikes win out, 9ers lose one of their last 2, do Vikings have tiebreaker for 5th playoff spot... conference record?
Post #: 4488
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/16/2019 10:13:01 PM   
Steve Lentz

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bruce Johnson

Offense

Defense

(Nick Olson on Twitter)

Rudy keeps performing!

" I believe empathy is the most essential quality of civilization"
Post #: 4489
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/16/2019 10:55:27 PM   
Ragnarök

Seahawks (11-3): The Seahawks have clinched a playoff berth. They’ll win the NFC West with a win over the 49ers in Week 17. The Seahawks will be the No. 1 seed with two wins (vs. Cardinals, vs. 49ers) and either one Saints loss or two Packers wins.

Packers (11-3): The Packers have clinched a playoff berth. They’ll win the NFC North with one win (at Vikings, at Lions). The Packers earn a bye with two wins. They can secure the No. 1 seed with one 49ers loss, one Seahawks loss, and two wins.

Saints (11-3): The Saints have won the NFC South. With two wins (at Titans, at Panthers) and one Packers loss plus one 49ers loss or two Seahawks wins, the Saints would secure the No. 1 seed.

49ers (11-3): The 49ers have clinched a playoff berth. With two wins (vs. Rams, at Seahawks), the 49ers would seal the NFC West and the No. 1 seed. If the 49ers lose to the Rams and the Seahawks beat the Cardinals, the 49ers would win the NFC West if they secure the strength of victory tiebreaker, which currently favors the 49ers.

Vikings (10-4): The Vikings need one win (vs. Packers, vs. Bears) or one Rams loss (at 49ers, vs. Cardinals) to secure a playoff berth. The Vikings win the NFC North with two wins and two Green Bay losses. A bye remains possible.

Rams (8-6): The Rams secure a playoff berth if win their last two games (at 49ers, vs. Cardinals) and the Vikings lose twice.

< Message edited by Ragnarök -- 12/16/2019 10:59:07 PM >
Post #: 4490
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/17/2019 3:16:18 AM   
ratoppenheimer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Jandro

I think Waynes and Hill should be are starting outside cb's.

What has happened to Alexander? Both he and Hughes are playing like Rhodes.

Seems like miscommunication or something going on back there.

Thankfully LAC were a complete turnover machine.

hughes and alexander are being exposed for their height deficiencies...why is hughes covering williams?...he's 6-4 -- hughes is 5-10...the same with alexander - covering a tall te in seattle...teams are purposely lining up their tall catchers against our smaller cb's...hill, waynes and rhodes are all over 6-0...we'll be drafting a 6-0+ cb within the first two rounds next year....

zimmer needs to scheme our cb's to closer match the size of the receivers....

it seems that kearse is on his way out - we will not extend him next season unless he takes a minimum wage deal - and i don't think he's happy here anyway....

the journey...is paradise.
Post #: 4491
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/17/2019 4:45:44 AM   
ratoppenheimer

Drew Mahowald@DrewMahowald
FACT: Aaron Rodgers is 0-3 as a starting quarterback at U.S. Bank Stadium.

Post #: 4492
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/17/2019 6:36:33 AM   
Bill Jandro

quote:

ORIGINAL: ratoppenheimer

quote:

hughes and alexander are being exposed for their height deficiencies...why is hughes covering williams?...he's 6-4 -- hughes is 5-10...the same with alexander - covering a tall te in seattle...teams are purposely lining up their tall catchers against our smaller cb's...hill, waynes and rhodes are all over 6-0...we'll be drafting a 6-0+ cb within the first two rounds next year....

it seems that kearse is on his way out - we will not extend him next season unless he takes a minimum wage deal - and i don't think he's happy here anyway....

I think we should extend Kearse. His incident doesn't really bother me.

His size and ability to cover seems good.

Why don't you think he's happy here?

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 4493
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/17/2019 6:37:08 AM   
Bill Jandro

Josh Gordon suspended for PED's

Post #: 4494
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/17/2019 6:38:59 AM   
Bill Jandro

quote:

ORIGINAL: Steve Lentz

quote:

Offense

Defense

(Nick Olson on Twitter)

Rudy keeps performing!

Actually earning that ext. Been really blocking with effort this year. Good to see.

Post #: 4495
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/17/2019 6:40:21 AM   
Bill Jandro

quote:

Ben Leber on the Patriots latest filming/ cheating incident:

"Take away 2-1st Rounders this time along with a stiff cap penalty. Just mind-boggling"

The Patriots are the team I love to hate. I would fantasize here that they only get to have ten players on the field for the next ten years and the officials should be instructed to call holding on them real closely, as well. Go ahead and call holding thirty times a game. Bleep the Patriots.

There. Sorry. Of course I'm a frustrated Vikings fan.

Spying on the lowly Bengals of all teams. LOL

Post #: 4496
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/17/2019 6:52:27 AM   
Todd M

quote:

quote:

quote:

iirc there was some twitter activity where a fan questioned whether he would sign a new contract with the team and his response was something along the line of - no chance. It read to me like he was getting snubbed by the team. ..either with no interest or not enough interest...meaning dollar amount.
Post #: 4497
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/17/2019 6:57:28 AM   
ratoppenheimer

quote:

quote:

quote:

i have always liked kearse, and still do...but his playing time on defense has lessened and he's indicated on social media that he doesn't think his future is with the vikings...he seems to be pouting about any punishment he's received for his indiscretion with alcohol....

it's my opinion that he won't be with the team next season...it makes losing epps even more significant....

Post #: 4498
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/17/2019 7:13:47 AM   
Bill Jandro

Thanks Todd and Rat for pointing that out.

I recall Zim pounding his fist on the draft table for Kearse. So maybe he does value him and will increase his role. He damn well should IMO cuz Kearse with his size and ability can really matchup with TE's and tall wr's.

Post #: 4499
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/17/2019 7:49:48 AM   
bstinger

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

i have always liked kearse, and still do...but his playing time on defense has lessened and he's indicated on social media that he doesn't think his future is with the vikings...he seems to be pouting about any punishment he's received for his indiscretion with alcohol....

it's my opinion that he won't be with the team next season...it makes losing epps even more significant....

He was out on injured list for Charger game.

"You guys are true athletes!"

--twinsfan
Post #: 4500
Page:   <<   < prev  178 179 [180] 181 182   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  178 179 [180] 181 182   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode