Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  83 84 [85] 86 87   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/13/2019 9:28:16 PM   
Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Daniel Lee Young

Hey... I thought this was the rehash Rudolph’s cap hit thread/ Spielman can’t find his azz with both hands thread... wtf is all this positivity?

Now that you mention it I would like to see more Irv Smith involvement.
Post #: 2101
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/13/2019 9:36:07 PM   
thebigo

Okay if you've got a guy on your defense named Tranquil, your defense is not going to be very good
Post #: 2102
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/13/2019 9:54:21 PM   
beo

deleted

< Message edited by beo -- 10/13/2019 9:58:18 PM >
Post #: 2103
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/13/2019 10:20:30 PM   
Dana Turner

Just finished watching the game on the Skillout web site. Great to see the ball moving downfield and the play calling was excellent. Cousins was more decisive with the ball and that matters.

Hill had to come in a couple of times and did a good job.

Elf had his obligatory whiff, resulting in a sack. But he did play better today, so that's a start.

Dozier is better than Elf.

Oneal is playing very good right now. Loved his aggression today!

Bradbury had a good game too, might be his best of the year.

Reiff had a couple of plays I'm sure he'd like back, but did play pretty good when available.

The offense still ran the ball more than passed and were effective in keeping the Eagles off balance. The running attack was good enough to make them respect it and it was thought be many of the experts that we wouldn't be able to run, looks like our run game is legitimate.

Still worry about Diggs mindset. On his first TD he mocks taking off his helmet, not sure why he has to make those statements. His taking off the helmet cost us an extra point, it matters, don't have to act like an ass about it. AT knows how to celebrate a TD, slam the ball in to the ground and go find the teammates that made it possible.

Right now we average giving up 15.5 points a game, keep that up and we are going to be tough to beat.

When Cousins is on, he is really something to watch. The 51 yard TD to Diggs was perfect and the first TD to Adam was even better, just dropped right in there perfectly. This should help his confidence grow, he played a really solid game all around.

As mentioned in here already, the coaching staff had their shit together today. The game plan was spot on, on both sides of the ball, that is nice to see. Great job by everyone, now on to Detroit, a place we do have some success to reflect on.
Post #: 2104
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/13/2019 10:28:10 PM   
Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dana Turner

Just finished watching the game on the Skillout web site. Great to see the ball moving downfield and the play calling was excellent. Cousins was more decisive with the ball and that matters.

Hill had to come in a couple of times and did a good job.

Elf had his obligatory whiff, resulting in a sack. But he did play better today, so that's a start.

Dozier is better than Elf.

Oneal is playing very good right now. Loved his aggression today!

Bradbury had a good game too, might be his best of the year.

Reiff had a couple of plays I'm sure he'd like back, but did play pretty good when available.

The offense still ran the ball more than passed and were effective in keeping the Eagles off balance. The running attack was good enough to make them respect it and it was thought be many of the experts that we wouldn't be able to run, looks like our run game is legitimate.

Still worry about Diggs mindset. On his first TD he mocks taking off his helmet, not sure why he has to make those statements. His taking off the helmet cost us an extra point, it matters, don't have to act like an ass about it. AT knows how to celebrate a TD, slam the ball in to the ground and go find the teammates that made it possible.

Right now we average giving up 15.5 points a game, keep that up and we are going to be tough to beat.

When Cousins is on, he is really something to watch. The 51 yard TD to Diggs was perfect and the first TD to Adam was even better, just dropped right in there perfectly. This should help his confidence grow, he played a really solid game all around.

As mentioned in here already, the coaching staff had their shit together today. The game plan was spot on, on both sides of the ball, that is nice to see. Great job by everyone, now on to Detroit, a place we do have some success to reflect on.

Excellent post Dana! Bring on Detroit!
Post #: 2105
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/13/2019 10:53:00 PM   
hagar

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ragnarök

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Jandro

Pretty quiet in here for game day

Appears the negative nellies have ran most of the posters off

I saw NO ONE being negative this week, What runs posters off is a team that one cannot gauge from week to week what its going to do and gives one little comfort that we are dominant in all phases and ready to take on winning teams...

It's all the weeks and months before. The team that one cannot gauge from week to week has nothing to do with it.
Post #: 2106
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/13/2019 10:57:11 PM   
bstinger

We should start with the ball whenever possible. In all 6 of our games this year the team that scored first won. Stop deferring. Assert your will early and win!

"You guys are true athletes!"

--twinsfan
Post #: 2107
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/13/2019 11:00:03 PM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

ORIGINAL: thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tom Sykes

quote:

Cousins looked broken after the GB/Chi games

Talk about a 180.

I was considering a lawsuit against him after incurring monetary losses from the GB debacle.

He looked like a HOFer today.

A little confidence individually = group mustard.

Yes Cousins was trying too hard against CHI ... so much more decisive in the last two games. I was dreading the 3rd qtr comeback but ... after the final result ... think it was a good experience for this team. It's one thing to start off on a roll and another to stand there with a bloody nose and then go out and take care of business.

IMO Stefanski is starting to grow into his role a little – varying it up better to keep the defense off balance. There were several plays I thought for sure we would follow up with a run but threw the ball instead, and vice versa. Playing against expectation a bit. Good to see our coaching stand up against theirs.

The OL is playing incrementally better ... not much better ... but after two weeks, I am hoping we can still get there (to decent).We'll see.

Surely you jest. aka YOU CANNOT BE SERIOUS!

Sure. What makes you doubt my seriousness with a bolded all-cap mariachi grito?

I think Pederson is a pretty well-regarded offensive-minded HC. I think the Schwartz has their D playing pretty well.

Mostly what I've been seeing in here for weeks is how much Zimmersaur sucks.

So yeah, enjoyed seeing it come together today against somebody better than a non-stinky Giants team.

< Message edited by Tom Sykes -- 10/13/2019 11:09:45 PM >
Post #: 2108
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/14/2019 6:51:05 AM   
SteveR

That was a nice win. I liked they were taking shots and not being content with just grinding it it out. You HAVE to take shots in today's game. Even if they don't work, at least make the effort to try to throw the ball around a little bit. If they can get Detroit, they should be able to get the Redskins. Then we need to see some other teams fall off a bit, and the season could look pretty different in another four games.
Post #: 2109
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/14/2019 6:52:14 AM   
Bill Jandro

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Talk about a 180.

I was considering a lawsuit against him after incurring monetary losses from the GB debacle.

Yes Cousins was trying too hard against CHI ... so much more decisive in the last two games. I was dreading the 3rd qtr comeback but ... after the final result ... think it was a good experience for this team. It's one thing to start off on a roll and another to stand there with a bloody nose and then go out and take care of business.

IMO Stefanski is starting to grow into his role a little – varying it up better to keep the defense off balance. There were several plays I thought for sure we would follow up with a run but threw the ball instead, and vice versa. Playing against expectation a bit. Good to see our coaching stand up against theirs.

The OL is playing incrementally better ... not much better ... but after two weeks, I am hoping we can still get there (to decent).We'll see.

I think Pederson is a pretty well-regarded offensive-minded HC. I think the Schwartz has their D playing pretty well.

So yeah, enjoyed seeing it come together today against somebody better than a non-stinky Giants team.

Your post was spot on. Zim abd co. have been out coached esp in big games. Real good to see them get the upper hand against a good coach.

Unsure what Bigo response meant.

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 2110
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/14/2019 6:54:51 AM   
Bill Jandro

quote:

ORIGINAL: SteveR

That was a nice win. I liked they were taking shots and not being content with just grinding it it out. You HAVE to take shots in today's game. Even if they don't work, at least make the effort to try to throw the ball around a little bit. If they can get Detroit, they should be able to get the Redskins. Then we need to see some other teams fall off a bit, and the season could look pretty different in another four games.

Yes. The whole mantra of being able to run the ball is to set up chunk plays through the passing game. They did that today like you should vs grinding like you mentioned.

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 2111
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/14/2019 7:44:37 AM   
thebigo

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Talk about a 180.

Your post was spot on. Zim abd co. have been out coached esp in big games. Real good to see them get the upper hand against a good coach.

Unsure what Bigo response meant.

It's called Snark.

Don't you think it amazing that Zimmer overnight goes from a guy who couldn't coach his underwear down to his ankles before taking a dump, to a guy who coaches his team to whupping up on the big bad Eagles?

< Message edited by thebigo -- 10/14/2019 7:49:06 AM >
Post #: 2112
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/14/2019 7:52:28 AM   
Todd M

This game was the most I've cheered in a long time. I finally seen what I expected this team to be. And I think they are not only getting it but able to get better.

Cheers. I'll recede back into the fold.
Post #: 2113
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/14/2019 7:56:07 AM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Todd M

This game was the most I've cheered in a long time. I finally seen what I expected this team to be. And I think they are not only getting it but able to get better.

Cheers. I'll recede back into the fold.

A whole new offensive/blocking scheme is going to have some kinks early on.
Post #: 2114
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/14/2019 8:16:12 AM   
Phil Riewer

Not only is there a new scheme but there is a rookie Center, a rookie 2nd TE, a rookie 3rd WR, a rookie 2nd RB, and a FA RG that they are integrating in the offense. You should see improvement every week. Some think that Kirk should be able to link up with everyone just instantly....just wait until Doctson returns from injury. He adds another red zone target.

< Message edited by Phil Riewer -- 10/14/2019 8:17:47 AM >

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 2115
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/14/2019 8:52:20 AM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

ORIGINAL: Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jeff Jesser

The positive posts, IMO, come down to one thing. The Oline gave Cousins time. When they don't our offense sucks. When they do we look formidable. It's not rocket surgery to me.

I think it's a little more than that. Cousins is more decisive these last 2 games. He was holding the ball way too long in the Bears game in particular.

Maybe the receivers didn't get open in time vs Chicago.
Post #: 2116
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/14/2019 8:54:35 AM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

ORIGINAL: Pager

quote:

quote:

The positive posts, IMO, come down to one thing. The Oline gave Cousins time. When they don't our offense sucks. When they do we look formidable. It's not rocket surgery to me.

I think it's a little more than that. Cousins is more decisive these last 2 games. He was holding the ball way too long in the Bears game in particular.

It's a little bit of a sloter syndrome if you ask me. Needs some easy throws early to get him in a rythm, like MOST NFL Qbs. Today - even the 4 yd pass to Diggs was a good start.

Good point. If it starts out as jailbreak city then there is trouble.
Post #: 2117
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/14/2019 9:12:46 AM   
Bill Johanesen

I guess a productive passing game depends on three productive parts

- The OL who gives the QB a fairly consistent pocket. It's not about an 'average' time to throw where it's 1.5 seconds for one play and 5 seconds for another. The 1.5 seconds means a bad thing probably happens and 5 seconds is meaningless because the routes have already been run.

- The QB who makes good decisions, makes the throws, and limits mistakes (fumbling, ergh). Having "IT" certainly helps, but if a team has everything else then it is not mandatory.

- Receivers who get open and make the catch. The Eagles secondary is a polar opposite from the Bears, and throw on a home vs road game respectively for good measure.
Post #: 2118
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/14/2019 9:19:04 AM   
David F.

Sendejo will never change.

https://twitter.com/str8_cash_homey/status/1183590017936973825?s=21

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 2119
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/14/2019 9:24:52 AM   
Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

ORIGINAL: David F.

He's the modern day Bill Romanowski.
Post #: 2120
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/14/2019 9:27:40 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

quote:

Total disregard for his own team also....I believe their best corner is out because of Sendejo..

Post #: 2121
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/14/2019 9:28:47 AM   
Phil Riewer

I have mentioned the Vikings Defense is a total animal if Barr is healthy but Kendricks was nicked up most of last year---he looks healthy this year too.

Post #: 2122
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/14/2019 9:30:19 AM   
Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Johanesen

quote:

ORIGINAL: Pager

quote:

quote:

It's a little bit of a sloter syndrome if you ask me. Needs some easy throws early to get him in a rythm, like MOST NFL Qbs. Today - even the 4 yd pass to Diggs was a good start.

Good point. If it starts out as jailbreak city then there is trouble.

I'm down with giving him some easy 5 yard passes early in the game and on early downs to get him in rhythm. We did that yesterday and still ran the ball over 30 times! The offensive playcalling was outstanding yesterday. The only minor nitpick is the need to throw the obligatory screen pass to Rudy. I think Irv would be much better at that play.
Post #: 2123
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/14/2019 9:32:56 AM   
Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Phil Riewer

I have mentioned the Vikings Defense is a total animal if Barr is healthy but Kendricks was nicked up most of last year---he looks healthy this year too.

Barr is excellent at attacking the LOS. I like that we're doing that more these days. We seemed to take a more passive approach when we got up big. I liked how we responded once the game was within 4.
Post #: 2124
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/14/2019 9:34:37 AM   
Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Phil Riewer

quote:

quote:

Total disregard for his own team also....I believe their best corner is out because of Sendejo..

I don't miss him one bit! Friendly fire hurt a lot of our guys over the years as well.
Post #: 2125
Page:   <<   < prev  83 84 [85] 86 87   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  83 84 [85] 86 87   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode