Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  82 83 [84] 85 86   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/13/2019 6:14:20 PM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Pager

My favorite play was a 7 yd pick up by Diggs. Zero Blitz. Cooks gets in there to slow the rush, nice to see after a horrendous pass blocking game vs CHI. Cousins with a dart, no panic.

Second favorite play was the 3rd and long pick up to Thielan (think it was 3rd and 13). Good line protection. Cousins an absolute dime to a place where no one but his guy could get it. Theilan a nice diving catch.

You don't even throw that unless you have huge confidence in the guy you're throwing the ball to.
Post #: 2076
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/13/2019 6:25:00 PM   
Bill Jandro

Cousins looked broken after the GB/Chi games

Talk about a 180.

I was considering a lawsuit against him after incurring monetary losses from the GB debacle.

He looked like a HOFer today.

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 2077
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/13/2019 6:26:50 PM   
Pager

quote:

ORIGINAL: thebigo

quote:

My favorite play was a 7 yd pick up by Diggs. Zero Blitz. Cooks gets in there to slow the rush, nice to see after a horrendous pass blocking game vs CHI. Cousins with a dart, no panic.

Second favorite play was the 3rd and long pick up to Thielan (think it was 3rd and 13). Good line protection. Cousins an absolute dime to a place where no one but his guy could get it. Theilan a nice diving catch.

You don't even throw that unless you have huge confidence in the guy you're throwing the ball to.

No doubt.

I loved that second play because the line did their job, Cousin with a great read and throw - trusting his guy, and Thielan being Thielan.

Left picking up the pieces.
Post #: 2078
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/13/2019 6:28:34 PM   
Pager

Jets with a nice win over a NFC opponent.

Post #: 2079
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/13/2019 6:29:06 PM   
Bill Jandro

Niners beat the Lambs

Jets beat the Girls

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 2080
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/13/2019 6:48:03 PM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Jandro

Talk about a 180.

I was considering a lawsuit against him after incurring monetary losses from the GB debacle.

A little confidence individually = group mustard.

Yes Cousins was trying too hard against CHI ... so much more decisive in the last two games. I was dreading the 3rd qtr comeback but ... after the final result ... think it was a good experience for this team. It's one thing to start off on a roll and another to stand there with a bloody nose and then go out and take care of business.

IMO Stefanski is starting to grow into his role a little – varying it up better to keep the defense off balance. There were several plays I thought for sure we would follow up with a run but threw the ball instead, and vice versa. Playing against expectation a bit. Good to see our coaching stand up against theirs.

The OL is playing incrementally better ... not much better ... but after two weeks, I am hoping we can still get there (to decent).We'll see.
Post #: 2081
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/13/2019 6:49:15 PM   
Dave Odle

Impressive victory. Offense looked solid.

Try using hindsight in the present.
Post #: 2082
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/13/2019 6:56:15 PM   
CPAMAN

quote:

Jets schooling the Cowgirls 21-3

Good.

Lots of Christopher Columbus statues available on ebay.
Post #: 2083
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/13/2019 6:56:56 PM   
Bruce Johnson

quote:

Talk about a 180.

I was thinking the same- that we feel a lot better than two weeks ago. If we can continue the streak next week on the road vs Detroit, then the next game is a "gimme" at home vs. the Redskins. I'm not counting the chickens before they're hatched, but we could easily be going to 6-2 into the bye week and all division games remaining at home.

I hope the team stayed healthy today. I did see that our LT was knocked out of the game. I hope it wasn't too serious.

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 2084
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/13/2019 7:00:52 PM   
Bruce Johnson

#Vikings CB Holton Hill will be eligible to return from suspension in 12 days (on Friday, October 25th).

(Sean Borman on Twitter)

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 2085
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/13/2019 7:01:04 PM   
Dave Odle

Look, Cousins looked great today. We've seen his highs and his lows. The question is which one is the baseline (and I can't stress this enough) against decent teams. Philly was a just above average team. Granted, I can't think of any teams right now who look invincible, including the Chiefs, Patriots, or any others. NFC is up for the taking, so take it. Green Bay will be a bigger challenge than I once thought.

Try using hindsight in the present.
Post #: 2086
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/13/2019 7:01:40 PM   
CPAMAN

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Johanesen

Back in the day you had to give the OL a few seasons together to gel. Maybe, just maybe a couple of things are coming together:
- The OL getting it together after a handful of game (although I have doubts that gelling can overcome some individual woes).
- Cousins flipping a switch after all the criticism.

Also, perhaps all the run-first stuff from Zimmer has bought us some games.

Not that the oline pass blocked very well against the Bears but Kirk had time and just wasn't pulling the trigger.

He was today and needs to continue getting rid of the ball quickly. He did escape the pocket a couple times that didn't look designed and improvised well.

Kept his cool where he seemed to panic Chi/GB games.

Point being if he gets rid of the ball in a timely fashion the oline looks better.

The play calling was night and day difference today vs. the Bears game. The Bears game looked as if they coaches took the entire week off and put together a game plan in about two hours on Saturday afternoon. Today's game, they used the talents of the offensive weapons to immediately exploit Philly's defense.

Lots of Christopher Columbus statues available on ebay.
Post #: 2087
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/13/2019 7:04:55 PM   
Bruce Johnson

I really liked this tweet by Vikings fan from the UK.

https://twitter.com/UK_Vikings/status/1183528550307115008?s=20

Post #: 2088
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/13/2019 7:07:53 PM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tom Sykes

quote:

Talk about a 180.

A little confidence individually = group mustard.

Yes Cousins was trying too hard against CHI ... so much more decisive in the last two games. I was dreading the 3rd qtr comeback but ... after the final result ... think it was a good experience for this team. It's one thing to start off on a roll and another to stand there with a bloody nose and then go out and take care of business.

IMO Stefanski is starting to grow into his role a little – varying it up better to keep the defense off balance. There were several plays I thought for sure we would follow up with a run but threw the ball instead, and vice versa. Playing against expectation a bit. Good to see our coaching stand up against theirs.

The OL is playing incrementally better ... not much better ... but after two weeks, I am hoping we can still get there (to decent).We'll see.

Surely you jest. aka YOU CANNOT BE SERIOUS!
Post #: 2089
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/13/2019 7:15:58 PM   
Bruce Johnson

Great football weekend for both the Vikes and Gophers. It's a good thing because the Wild look like bottom dwellers this season and the Twins season came to an abrupt conclusion. The Wolves will be bad again like they always have been.

Post #: 2090
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/13/2019 7:48:48 PM   
Pager

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bruce Johnson

I really liked this tweet by Vikings fan from the UK.

https://twitter.com/UK_Vikings/status/1183528550307115008?s=20

Fun Tweet for sure. Glad the team delivered for him.

Post #: 2091
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/13/2019 7:58:46 PM   
Richard Neussendorfer

I loved the aggressive playcalling today! We were taking what we wanted and even took a punch and still delivered the knock out. Let's go get a W at Detroit and keep this thing going! Cousins was dropping dimes all over the field today. Keep it up!
Post #: 2092
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/13/2019 8:39:31 PM   
Jeff Jesser

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jeff Jesser

My gosh. I had to do a double take on where the 9'ers/Rams game was being played. It's a see of red in LA.

Sorry to quote myself but now it's halftime in the SD@Pittsburg game. Sorry, I mean Pitt@SD. My lord. It's 98% Pitt fans. 2 teams in LA. Good idea…...
Post #: 2093
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/13/2019 8:42:35 PM   
Pager

quote:

quote:

My gosh. I had to do a double take on where the 9'ers/Rams game was being played. It's a see of red in LA.

Sorry to quote myself but now it's halftime in the SD@Pittsburg game. Sorry, I mean Pitt@SD. My lord. It's 98% Pitt fans. 2 teams in LA. Good idea…...

Worst move NFL ever made was moving SD to LA. Idiot owner to agree to it. Better to play in a shitty stadium in front of loyal fans then be second fiddle in a market that isn't hard core in the first place.

SD losing to a 3rd stringer. Drop to 2-4 after this one. I thought they were going to be tough this year.

Post #: 2094
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/13/2019 8:44:23 PM   
Jeff Jesser

The positive posts, IMO, come down to one thing. The Oline gave Cousins time. When they don't our offense sucks. When they do we look formidable. It's not rocket surgery to me.
Post #: 2095
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/13/2019 8:50:06 PM   
Jeff Jesser

quote:

quote:

quote:

Worst move NFL ever made was moving SD to LA. Idiot owner to agree to it. Better to play in a shitty stadium in front of loyal fans then be second fiddle in a market that isn't hard core in the first place.

SD losing to a 3rd stringer. Drop to 2-4 after this one. I thought they were going to be tough this year.

They look terrible for sure.
Post #: 2096
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/13/2019 8:51:35 PM   
Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

The positive posts, IMO, come down to one thing. The Oline gave Cousins time. When they don't our offense sucks. When they do we look formidable. It's not rocket surgery to me.

I think it's a little more than that. Cousins is more decisive these last 2 games. He was holding the ball way too long in the Bears game in particular.
Post #: 2097
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/13/2019 8:55:12 PM   
Pager

quote:

ORIGINAL: Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

I think it's a little more than that. Cousins is more decisive these last 2 games. He was holding the ball way too long in the Bears game in particular.

It's a little bit of a sloter syndrome if you ask me. Needs some easy throws early to get him in a rythm, like MOST NFL Qbs. Today - even the 4 yd pass to Diggs was a good start.

Post #: 2098
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/13/2019 8:56:08 PM   
Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

It's a little bit of a sloter syndrome if you ask me. Needs some easy throws early to get him in a rythm, like MOST NFL Qbs. Today - even the 4 yd pass to Diggs was a good start.

Whatever we're doing let's keep doing it!
Post #: 2099
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/13/2019 9:24:41 PM   
Daniel Lee Young

Hey... I thought this was the rehash Rudolph’s cap hit thread/ Spielman can’t find his azz with both hands thread... wtf is all this positivity?

"Thou shall not bear false witness”
I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 2100
Page:   <<   < prev  82 83 [84] 85 86   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  82 83 [84] 85 86   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode