Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  81 82 [83] 84 85   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/13/2019 3:19:46 PM   
Jeff Jesser

Oline was pretty good today. Gotta give them credit.
Post #: 2051
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/13/2019 3:25:27 PM   
Viking Rich

I have to say this:

I'm happy Diggs and Thielen spoke up.

Call them Divas, whatever. Maybe this is what was needed to light a fire from this offense.

Makes no sense to have such a pedestrian game plan when you have these studs that can create nightmares for the defense.

Great confidence builder for the whole team

Sam Darnold's Gonna Shock Us All
Post #: 2052
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/13/2019 3:31:25 PM   
Pager

Watch the haters come out singing a different tune.

"prove me wrong again" etc b***sh**

I assume, no talk of Keenum this week as well. It should be never. Keenum is a joke. Vikes made the right move moving on from him. We might not win with Cousins, but we got the best of Keenum and it wasn't close to good enough.

Left picking up the pieces.
Post #: 2053
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/13/2019 3:37:06 PM   
Bill Jandro

Game balls

Cousins
Diggs
Oline
Stepfanski

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 2054
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/13/2019 3:40:30 PM   
Bill Jandro

quote:

ORIGINAL: Pager

I assume, no talk of Keenum this week as well. It should be never. Keenum is a joke. Vikes made the right move moving on from him. We might not win with Cousins, but we got the best of Keenum and it wasn't close to good enough.

I think Cousins earned the bashing. GB and Chi games he didn't look like he even belonged in the league.

But he has put together back to back superb games. If he keeps it up those games will be in the rear view mirror

Post #: 2055
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/13/2019 3:42:09 PM   
Bill Jandro

Post presser Diggs acknowledged he had 2 drops and wouldn't accept praise for his overall performance because of that.

Post #: 2056
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/13/2019 4:01:53 PM   
CPAMAN

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Jandro

Post presser Diggs acknowledged he had 2 drops and wouldn't accept praise for his overall performance because of that.

Being a man finally. Accountability.

Lots of Christopher Columbus statues available on ebay.
Post #: 2057
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/13/2019 4:04:08 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

ORIGINAL: Pager

Solid post, all facets.
Post #: 2058
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/13/2019 4:44:31 PM   
Bill Jandro

Jets schooling the Cowgirls 21-3

Post #: 2059
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/13/2019 4:46:18 PM   
Jeff Jesser

My gosh. I had to do a double take on where the 9'ers/Rams game was being played. It's a see of red in LA.
Post #: 2060
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/13/2019 4:49:37 PM   
Bill Jandro

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jeff Jesser

My gosh. I had to do a double take on where the 9'ers/Rams game was being played. It's a see of red in LA.

Do Rams and Chargers play in some soccer stadium?

Post #: 2061
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/13/2019 4:58:17 PM   
The Happy Norseman

quote:

Game balls

Cousins
Diggs
Oline
Stepfanski

Yep. I’d rank them:

1. Oline
2. Stefanski
3. Cousins
4. Diggs

Amazing how good this offense looked when the line was giving Cousins time and they were getting downfield making their blocks. Excellent game plan by Stefanski. Cousins looked poised and made good decisions throughout the game. Diggs got down to business, ran great routes and made the catches he’s getting paid to make. Hopefully the team can build on the victory.

If the Cubs can win the World Series...
Post #: 2062
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/13/2019 5:40:31 PM   
Bill Johanesen

Rag out due to Linda Blair head spin...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSxuXQCEC7M.

Blend of Brad H. & Hydra.
Post #: 2063
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/13/2019 5:49:16 PM   
Bill Johanesen

Back in the day you had to give the OL a few seasons together to gel. Maybe, just maybe a couple of things are coming together:
- The OL getting it together after a handful of game (although I have doubts that gelling can overcome some individual woes).
- Cousins flipping a switch after all the criticism.

Also, perhaps all the run-first stuff from Zimmer has bought us some games.
Post #: 2064
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/13/2019 5:51:52 PM   
Bill Jandro

quote:

ORIGINAL: The Happy Norseman

quote:

Game balls

Cousins
Diggs
Oline
Stepfanski

Yep. I’d rank them:

1. Oline
2. Stefanski
3. Cousins
4. Diggs

Amazing how good this offense looked when the line was giving Cousins time and they were getting downfield making their blocks. Excellent game plan by Stefanski. Cousins looked poised and made good decisions throughout the game. Diggs got down to business, ran great routes and made the catches he’s getting paid to make. Hopefully the team can build on the victory.

I had no particular order for mine but Stefanski might be coming into his own as an OC.

Crafty play calling is an olines best friend.

Post #: 2065
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/13/2019 5:54:42 PM   
beo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Johanesen

Back in the day you had to give the OL a few seasons together to gel. Maybe, just maybe a couple of things are coming together:
- The OL getting it together after a handful of game (although I have doubts that gelling can overcome some individual woes).

I don't know if the line is gelling or not... Kline out... Reiff out some.

Honestly, I think if they just bit the bullet and put in Dozier for Elflein they would eliminate the worst of the Ole plays and get some consistency going... for the injury situation they played great today.
Post #: 2066
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/13/2019 5:56:04 PM   
Bill Jandro

quote:

Not that the oline pass blocked very well against the Bears but Kirk had time and just wasn't pulling the trigger.

He was today and needs to continue getting rid of the ball quickly. He did escape the pocket a couple times that didn't look designed and improvised well.

Kept his cool where he seemed to panic Chi/GB games.

Point being if he gets rid of the ball in a timely fashion the oline looks better.

Post #: 2067
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/13/2019 5:56:08 PM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: beo

quote:

Honestly, I think if they just bit the bullet and put in Dozier for Elflein they would eliminate the worst of the Ole plays and get some consistency going... for the injury situation they played great today.

Sure just don't play anybody at left guard.
Post #: 2068
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/13/2019 5:58:26 PM   
beo

quote:

quote:

Not that the oline pass blocked very well against the Bears but Kirk had time and just wasn't pulling the trigger.

He was today and needs to continue getting rid of the ball quickly. He did escape the pocket a couple times that didn't look designed and improvised well.

Point being if he gets rid of the ball in a timely fashion the oline looks better.

Great point... today the ball was out!
A couple of those slants thrown on immediate pressure made a huge difference.
Post #: 2069
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/13/2019 5:58:38 PM   
Bill Johanesen

"Cousins, I think every defense is going to want that guy to throw the ball," said Brown, who was teammates with the QB in Washington in 2017. "For me, that's probably the weakest part of their offense, is him. Everything else is good. They've got a good running game, probably one of the best in the league. They have real good receivers."

The Eagles, down to their second and third-string corners, won't leave U.S. Bank Stadium echoing the same sentiments about Cousins, who finished Sunday's game having completed 22 of 29 passes for 333 yards, four touchdowns, one interception and a 138.4 passer rating.

After the game, Brown was asked to comment on Cousins.

"I'm here to talk about the game. Not about that," he said.

Who knew Rag is Zach Brown. NO WONDER he isn't here now... he's flying back to Philly!
Post #: 2070
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/13/2019 5:59:45 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

ORIGINAL: beo

quote:

Pure speculation, but maybe the coaching helps.
Post #: 2071
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/13/2019 6:00:40 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

quote:

OK, so it's all Cousins
Post #: 2072
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/13/2019 6:01:18 PM   
Bill Jandro

Zach Brown was seen leaving US Bank Stadium carrying is gonads in a brown paper bag

Post #: 2073
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/13/2019 6:06:00 PM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: joejitsu

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ragnarök

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/10/11/zach-brown-trashes-kirk-cousins-ahead-of-sundays-game/

“Cousins, I think every defense is going to want that guy to throw the ball,” Brown said. “For me, that’s probably the weakest part of their offense is him. Everything else is good. They’ve got a good running game, probably one of the best in the league. They have real good receivers.

“You just want them to pass the ball. You want Kirk Cousins to get it in his hands.”

Brown and Cousins played together in Washington in 2017, before Cousins signed his $84 million guaranteed deal with the Vikings.

“I realized when I was in Washington, he was kind of careless with the ball. But at the same time, hey, you make the bed you sleep in, . . .” Brown said. “Make him frustrated back there. “First we have to stop the run, and then make him frustrated back there. Our main concern is stopping the run because if they can run the ball, they’re going to win.”

For all the money they spent on a quarterback, Brown has a point about the Vikings. They’re currently third in the league in rushing, and 29th in the league in passing. The Eagles are the near-perfect complement, first in the league in run defense but 27th against the pass.

Isn't Zach brown a country singer? What does ne know about football? I think Kirk will carve up the philthy defense.

Pretty sure the country singing version could put up the #s the football playing version has put up.

Zach Brown is the best new country singer of this millennium.

If only he could play football, OR had a clue about anything.
Post #: 2074
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/13/2019 6:09:54 PM   
Pager

My favorite play was a 7 yd pick up by Diggs. Zero Blitz. Cooks gets in there to slow the rush, nice to see after a horrendous pass blocking game vs CHI. Cousins with a dart, no panic.

Second favorite play was the 3rd and long pick up to Thielan (think it was 3rd and 13). Good line protection. Cousins an absolute dime to a place where no one but his guy could get it. Theilan a nice diving catch.

Left picking up the pieces.
Post #: 2075
Page:   <<   < prev  81 82 [83] 84 85   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  81 82 [83] 84 85   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode