Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  93 94 [95] 96 97   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/20/2019 4:21:39 AM   
David F.

quote:

ORIGINAL: JT2

On to players, instead of the officials and league bias. Rudolph leads all TE's in offensive snaps. Even if you believe the narrative that he is a good blocker, it's hard to justify his usage, especially considering his anemic contribution in the passing game. Especially strange, considering that we have a difficult time finding 3 WR's. (I do really like Johnson, though).

We're just so slow in letting go.

Smith isn't a child. It would probably take him two weeks of game action to block as well as Rudolph. And, he actually could stress a defense.

For the most part, we're putting two pass catchers out there. Granted, they are very good, but we are going to need more than that to beat good teams.

I don't really know what to say regarding Rudolph that hasn't been said already. PFF rates his run and pass blocking for this season as the worst of his career. He doesn't even crack the top 50 for TEs in either stat. At the last home game I specifically watched just him and Irv trying to get an idea of how they're actually doing. Rudolph is in the mix on running plays in that he's in the correct area I just don't see him actually make contact with defenders very much.

Like I said, there's really nothing more I can say. He's a fan favorite and the general consensus among his fans is that he's a great blocker and his receiving is poor only because he'd being asked to block. PFF doesn't see it that way and neither do I. Whatever.

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 2351
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/20/2019 8:48:42 AM   
odin

quote:

ORIGINAL: David F.

quote:

ORIGINAL: JT2

On to players, instead of the officials and league bias. Rudolph leads all TE's in offensive snaps. Even if you believe the narrative that he is a good blocker, it's hard to justify his usage, especially considering his anemic contribution in the passing game. Especially strange, considering that we have a difficult time finding 3 WR's. (I do really like Johnson, though).

We're just so slow in letting go.

Smith isn't a child. It would probably take him two weeks of game action to block as well as Rudolph. And, he actually could stress a defense.

For the most part, we're putting two pass catchers out there. Granted, they are very good, but we are going to need more than that to beat good teams.

I don't really know what to say regarding Rudolph that hasn't been said already. PFF rates his run and pass blocking for this season as the worst of his career. He doesn't even crack the top 50 for TEs in either stat. At the last home game I specifically watched just him and Irv trying to get an idea of how they're actually doing. Rudolph is in the mix on running plays in that he's in the correct area I just don't see him actually make contact with defenders very much.

Like I said, there's really nothing more I can say. He's a fan favorite and the general consensus among his fans is that he's a great blocker and his receiving is poor only because he'd being asked to block. PFF doesn't see it that way and neither do I. Whatever.

Irv looks better to me at both blocking and overall receiving and with a lot of obvious upside. The only place Rudy might still have an edge is in the red zone. I think Irv should be playing more and Rudy only when 2 TEs are needed.

< Message edited by odin -- 10/20/2019 8:51:24 AM >
Post #: 2352
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/20/2019 9:12:38 AM   
Bill Jandro

I think Rudolph has been blocking better this year than any other point in his career. I recall Zim praising him recently.

Rudolph is in there blocking every play and our running game has looked very good so I can only surmise Rudolph is contributing to it.

I haven't focused in on his blocking nor have any PFF stats to back any of my nonsense up. But he must be doing his job don't ya think?

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 2353
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/20/2019 9:16:14 AM   
Lynn G.

As for the Lions getting screwed by the Refs last week (and it was so bad that even media outlets were willing to pile on about it) - my fear is that, even on a subconscious level, the refs are going to make a point of giving the Lions a few gift calls this week to make up for it.

And, of course, we're the ones who are playing them this week.

Put our country back in the hands of people who actually want to do things to help everyday citizens. Elect Democrats.
Post #: 2354
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/20/2019 9:19:20 AM   
Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Jandro

I think Rudolph has been blocking better this year than any other point in his career. I recall Zim praising him recently.

Rudolph is in there blocking every play and our running game has looked very good so I can only surmise Rudolph is contributing to it.

I haven't focused in on his blocking nor have any PFF stats to back any of my nonsense up. But he must be doing his job don't ya think?

In the run game? Maybe. I don't get to see him every play in person. Overall production? Absolutely not! He looks slower than ever and it's showing with his lousy production. Now that I've slammed him he will have a big game. You're welcome guys!
Post #: 2355
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/20/2019 9:20:55 AM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lynn G.

As for the Lions getting screwed by the Refs last week (and it was so bad that even media outlets were willing to pile on about it) - my fear is that, even on a subconscious level, the refs are going to make a point of giving the Lions a few gift calls this week to make up for it.

Good Point!!

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 2356
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/20/2019 9:20:56 AM   
Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

I think we have a much better team overall in terms of talent. If we go out and play ball we should take care of business even though the Lions are getting better.
Post #: 2357
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/20/2019 9:21:25 AM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

I think we have a much better team overall in terms of talent. If we go out and play ball we should take care of business even though the Lions are getting better.

Agreed.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 2358
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/20/2019 9:22:38 AM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Pager

Bias is as much a human condition as fallibility.

Or the belief of an afterlife.
Post #: 2359
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/20/2019 9:36:02 AM   
Bill Jandro

I wouldn't doubt one bit the refs do everything in their power to give the Lions a victory today.

We will have to win convincingly to overcome all the phantom calls today.

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 2360
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/20/2019 9:59:08 AM   
Ricky J

quote:

Marty! Back away from Lynn's computer and leave the house, NOW!
Post #: 2361
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/20/2019 10:47:34 AM   
Bill Johanesen

FWIW, the Lions lost the week after the Calvin Johnson TD that was called back. Philly won 35-32, don't know if the Eagles had to beat the refs as well.

Perhaps the NFL will just go ahead and officially sanction the Lions as the designated 'victims of bad calls' team.
Post #: 2362
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/20/2019 11:08:50 AM   
Ricky J

Sherels & Gedeon inactive
Post #: 2363
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/20/2019 11:12:42 AM   
Ricky J

Tom Pelissero
@TomPelissero
#Vikings veteran return man Marcus Sherels is a healthy scratch today against the #Lions. They needed a roster spot elsewhere, so former first-round pick Mike Hughes likely takes over on punt returns.
Post #: 2364
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/20/2019 11:13:53 AM   
Pager

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ricky J

Tom Pelissero
@TomPelissero
#Vikings veteran return man Marcus Sherels is a healthy scratch today against the #Lions. They needed a roster spot elsewhere, so former first-round pick Mike Hughes likely takes over on punt returns.

Abdullah?

Left picking up the pieces.
Post #: 2365
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/20/2019 11:18:46 AM   
Ricky J

quote:

quote:

Tom Pelissero
@TomPelissero

Abdullah?

Not on the list.
Post #: 2366
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/20/2019 11:40:38 AM   
Pager

quote:

quote:

quote:

Tom Pelissero
@TomPelissero

Abdullah?

Not on the list.

As an option to return punts.

Post #: 2367
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/20/2019 11:52:01 AM   
Bruce Johnson

#Vikings TE David Morgan's contract expected to toll for next year. That would mean him not being free agent in March & having one year left at $720,000 base. NFL CBA says contracts toll if player on PUP in last year of deal is "physically unable to perform" as of the sixth game.

(Chris Tomasson on Twitter)

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 2368
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/20/2019 11:56:45 AM   
David Levine

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Tom Pelissero
@TomPelissero

Abdullah?

Not on the list.

As an option to return punts.

Risky, but possible? We did have him return 2 punts in the preseason this year. But he hasn't fielded a punt in a real game since his sophomore year of college.
Post #: 2369
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/20/2019 12:59:07 PM   
Bill Johanesen

Win or lose, the defense is really overrated regardless of their stats. Det. scored 14 points in the first quarter.

This defense feasts when facing a crappy offense AND playing in the comfy confines in Minny.

Crappy offense OR playing on the road, a mixed bag. GOOD offenses AND playing on the road, they get their asses handed to them.

< Message edited by Bill Johanesen -- 10/20/2019 1:00:09 PM >
Post #: 2370
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/20/2019 3:24:50 PM   
Pager

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Johanesen

Win or lose, the defense is really overrated regardless of their stats. Det. scored 14 points in the first quarter.

This defense feasts when facing a crappy offense AND playing in the comfy confines in Minny.

Crappy offense OR playing on the road, a mixed bag. GOOD offenses AND playing on the road, they get their asses handed to them.

No doubt. Spotted GB a 3 TD lead. Sawft against a back up QB.

Didn't do enough against a one-dimensional offense today.

Post #: 2371
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/20/2019 3:24:52 PM   
Viking Rich

Michael Strahan just called The Vikings the "Most Balanced Team in the NFL"

Meaning they can kill you with both the pass and run

Give Chandler the Rock
Post #: 2372
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/20/2019 3:27:45 PM   
Pager

I only play Thielan on Thursday if he's 100% healthy. No reason to play him against Washington.

Post #: 2373
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/20/2019 3:28:24 PM   
Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Viking Rich

Michael Strahan just called The Vikings the "Most Balanced Team in the NFL"

Meaning they can kill you with both the pass and run

Strahan overrates the defense though. I'm glad the offense is killing it. Now we need the defense to step up.

Rhodes is a liability these days.
Post #: 2374
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/20/2019 3:34:22 PM   
Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

I only play Thielan on Thursday if he's 100% healthy. No reason to play him against Washington.

I bet he doesnt play.
Post #: 2375
Page:   <<   < prev  93 94 [95] 96 97   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  93 94 [95] 96 97   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode