Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  91 92 [93] 94 95   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/17/2019 10:25:05 PM   
Ragnarök

quote:

ORIGINAL: JT2

It seems that CB's have a short window of being great. It's probably wise to keep drafting and developing them as opposed to paying big money for a position that seems to burn out relatively quickly.

CB is still probably the most difficult job in all of professional sports. When we see a good one, the natural reaction is to pay 'em and lock them up, but most of them don't remain great for very long.

In the annoying back and forth of what is a catch and what is blatant pass interference in the NFL some skill sets of CBs that seem shut down become a liability. Especially the more grabby and less athletic ones lacking quick instinctual moves and timing.

Rhodes seems to have lost some magic in past year and some for sure... As well a Zimmer defensive backfield doesnt place high priority on INTs so once Rhodes comes back down to base line there isnt other skills that still shine. He is fast becoming quite average and opposing teams no longer fear or play away from him...

Next man up...

< Message edited by Ragnarök -- 10/17/2019 10:27:22 PM >
Post #: 2301
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/17/2019 10:35:38 PM   
Ragnarök

Looking out a ways in sched... Chiefs look less a powerhouse, especially with injuries.... Chargers are a hot mess.... Broncos and Redskins look like gimme's... Dallas isnt striking fear in anyone... and the Lions are well, the Lions... Any game is losable (see last years Bills game) but some much more favorable match ups if Kirk and Company keep playing as they have in past weeks...

Win the games we should win and we are left with the Seahawks, Packers and Bears as real challenge...

< Message edited by Ragnarök -- 10/17/2019 10:36:40 PM >
Post #: 2302
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/17/2019 10:40:28 PM   
Pager

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ragnarök

Looking out a ways in sched... Chiefs look less a powerhouse, especially with injuries.... Chargers are a hot mess.... Broncos and Redskins look like gimme's... Dallas isnt striking fear in anyone... and the Lions are well, the Lions... Any game is losable (see last years Bills game) but some much more favorable match ups if Kirk and Company keep playing as they have in past weeks...

Win the games we should win and we are left with the Seahawks, Packers and Bears as real challenge...

Mahomes went out with knee injury tonight. We play them Nov 3rd. On the one hand, I'm driving to MN to meet two brothers and brother in law for the game and was excited to see the young gunslinger. On the other hand, screw that, I'd rather enjoy a win.

I've thought all season we'd make some noise, even after the Packers game - loved the character this team showed clawing back. Bears shook my confidence a little, but if we can pull it out this week - things are setting up nicely.

Left picking up the pieces.
Post #: 2303
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/17/2019 10:47:07 PM   
Ragnarök

quote:

ORIGINAL: Pager

quote:

Mahomes went out with knee injury tonight. We play them Nov 3rd. On the one hand, I'm driving to MN to meet two brothers and brother in law for the game and was excited to see the young gunslinger. On the other hand, screw that, I'd rather enjoy a win.

I've thought all season we'd make some noise, even after the Packers game - loved the character this team showed clawing back. Bears shook my confidence a little, but if we can pull it out this week - things are setting up nicely.

Most online speculation already has Mahomes at least missing the next couple weeks againt non Confrence games with Packers and Vikings that have tough defense for a wounded QB...

Quite probable we will see the Chiefs minus Mahomes at QB when we face them in Nov now... Matt Moore should strike fear into no one on the Vikings D...

< Message edited by Ragnarök -- 10/17/2019 10:53:15 PM >
Post #: 2304
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/17/2019 11:07:51 PM   
thebigo

quote:

quote:

quote:

Most online speculation already has Mahomes at least missing the next couple weeks againt non Confrence games with Packers and Vikings that have tough defense for a wounded QB...

Quite probable we will see the Chiefs minus Mahomes at QB when we face them in Nov now... Matt Moore should strike fear into no one on the Vikings D...

He's a poor man's Chase Daniels...
Post #: 2305
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/18/2019 1:09:04 AM   
ratoppenheimer

quote:

quote:

that game is in kansas city....

the journey...is paradise.
Post #: 2306
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/18/2019 7:17:22 AM   
Bill Jandro

quote:

ORIGINAL: TJSweens

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mark Anderson

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: SoMnFan

ESPN reporting that Xavier Rhodes "could" be on his way out of Minnesota.
Crack reporting.

The potential return for him drops every time he plays. Rhodes is just flat out getting abused this year.

Could we get a solid LG or a productive 3rd WR for him?

I have no idea what Rhodes is worth on the market at this point.

About the only team he'd be an upgrade on is the Eagles.

But I'd put his current value at Zero. No one wants a below avg player getting paid elite money.

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 2307
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/18/2019 8:31:45 AM   
Toby Stumbo

quote:

ORIGINAL: ratoppenheimer

quote:

quote:

Don't ruin the surprise!

GO VIKES!
Post #: 2308
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/18/2019 11:11:23 AM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Jandro

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mark Anderson

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: SoMnFan

ESPN reporting that Xavier Rhodes "could" be on his way out of Minnesota.
Crack reporting.

The potential return for him drops every time he plays. Rhodes is just flat out getting abused this year.

Could we get a solid LG or a productive 3rd WR for him?

I have no idea what Rhodes is worth on the market at this point.

About the only team he'd be an upgrade on is the Eagles.

But I'd put his current value at Zero. No one wants a below avg player getting paid elite money.

How about Rhodes for Peters straight up?

I don't want to go through things that don't kill me and make me stronger anymore.
Post #: 2309
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/18/2019 11:13:16 AM   
bohumm

Agree always on moving on from huge contracts from players on the downside of their careers, though I can't say with any degree of certainty that this is where Rhodes is. It looks more likely than not at this point, but we don't have the depth some seem to think we do. Hughes is playing his way back, but he doesn't look as good now as he did his first few games as a rookie. And Hill has not been cleared from suspension and cannot be counted on whatsoever going forward. He is either an addict or someone who chooses no to manage his drug use to keep himself eligible to play. He seems like a good kid, though, so it's wise to keep supporting and developing him through this time; he just can't be counted on to be on the roster at any given moment.
Post #: 2310
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/18/2019 11:14:45 AM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

ORIGINAL: bohumm

Agree always on moving on from huge contracts from players on the downside of their careers, though I can't say with any degree of certainty that this is where Rhodes is. It looks more likely than not at this point, but we don't have the depth some seem to think we do. Hughes is playing his way back, but he doesn't look as good now as he did his first few games as a rookie. And Hill has not been cleared from suspension and cannot be counted on whatsoever going forward. He is either an addict or someone who chooses no to manage his drug use to keep himself eligible to play. He seems like a good kid, though, so it's wise to keep supporting and developing him through this time; he just can't be counted on to be on the roster at any given moment.

he is sporting a wounded hip this year. And on a CB the turn of the hips at the correct moment is tantamount to good coverage.

I don't want to go through things that don't kill me and make me stronger anymore.
Post #: 2311
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/18/2019 12:26:07 PM   
ratoppenheimer

Vikings PR@VikingsPR
@dalvincook is averaging 10.5 yards after catch in 2019, leading all NFL players with at least 10 receptions through Week 6.

Cook's career average of 9.8 YAC currently stands as the best mark in #Vikings history among players averaging at least two catches per game appearance.

the journey...is paradise.
Post #: 2312
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/18/2019 12:39:47 PM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Trekgeekscott

quote:

he is sporting a wounded hip this year. And on a CB the turn of the hips at the correct moment is tantamount to good coverage.

Rhodes?
Post #: 2313
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/18/2019 12:41:34 PM   
thebigo

Looks like the betting public is not so enamored with the Pukers, they're only a 5 point favorite at home vs the Raiduhs.
Post #: 2314
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/18/2019 1:18:11 PM   
Bill Jandro

quote:

ORIGINAL: thebigo

quote:

quote:

Rhodes?

First I've heard of it. Certainly hasn't been on any injury reports. But it makes sense.

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 2315
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/18/2019 1:23:18 PM   
David Levine

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Jandro

quote:

quote:

quote:

Rhodes?

First I've heard of it. Certainly hasn't been on any injury reports. But it makes sense.

He's on the injury report (hip), but he's been a full participant in practice.
Post #: 2316
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/18/2019 1:52:25 PM   
Pager

quote:

quote:

quote:

Yes - typing too fast. I'm driving the 8 hours or so from Denver to KC. My brothers are driving down from minneapolis. First time to Arrowhead. I've got nosebleeds on the 50 yard line on the visitors side.

Post #: 2317
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/18/2019 1:53:19 PM   
Pager

quote:

ORIGINAL: Toby Stumbo

quote:

quote:

quote:

Don't ruin the surprise!

Post #: 2318
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/18/2019 1:55:49 PM   
Pager

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001066803/article/mri-confirms-patrick-mahomes-out-at-least-3-weeks

I'm ok with it. I've got plenty of KC vs DEN opps to see the kid play.

Post #: 2319
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/18/2019 2:16:18 PM   
Bruce Johnson

TE David Morgan will be having season-ending surgery.

(Minnesota Vikings on Twitter)

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 2320
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/18/2019 2:17:15 PM   
Bruce Johnson

Ben Gedeon is back at practice today.

For the first time in a long time...the entire team is practicing today.

(Purple Post on Twitter)

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 2321
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/18/2019 3:40:35 PM   
kevinemmer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bruce Johnson

Ben Gedeon is back at practice today

(Purple Post on Twitter)

Dang.

Can you say the weakest link?

Post #: 2322
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/18/2019 3:50:57 PM   
David F.

quote:

ORIGINAL: kevinemmer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bruce Johnson

Ben Gedeon is back at practice today

(Purple Post on Twitter)

Dang.

Can you say the weakest link?

I was thinking the same thing. I have a bad feeling they'll put Gedeon right back to work and Wilson will get buried on the sidelines again. That said - Gedeon is still listed as 'out' for this weekend so Wilson gets one more game to continue to show why he should be out there.

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 2323
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/18/2019 4:45:00 PM   
thebigo

When do you think Wilson will get his first pass defensed?
Post #: 2324
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/18/2019 5:49:10 PM   
stfrank

quote:

When do you think Wilson will get his first pass defensed?

As soon as a QB has the guts to throw it his way?
Post #: 2325
Page:   <<   < prev  91 92 [93] 94 95   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  91 92 [93] 94 95   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode