Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  92 93 [94] 95 96   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/18/2019 5:56:00 PM   
David F.

quote:

ORIGINAL: stfrank

quote:

ORIGINAL: thebigo

When do you think Wilson will get his first pass defensed?

As soon as a QB has the guts to throw it his way?

QB can't even throw the ball when he's flat on his back!

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 2326
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/18/2019 6:25:26 PM   
ratoppenheimer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bruce Johnson

TE David Morgan will be having season-ending surgery.

(Minnesota Vikings on Twitter)

We may never see him again in purple

the journey...is paradise.
Post #: 2327
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/18/2019 7:02:42 PM   
joejitsu

5 bucks Gedeon will get the start over Wilson, even though Wilson has shown everybody that he is the more dynamic player in that position. These are the things that upset me.
Post #: 2328
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/19/2019 1:51:22 AM   
Bruce Johnson

Wilson will be dynamic on special teams.

I'm thinking that it will be very important to get off to good start in Detroit. The Vikings had an extra day of rest, but the Lions didn't have to travel. Still some of the home field advantage is mitigated. If the team can get off to a good start, then the fans will sit on their hands. They will most likely give up easily because they are the Lions.

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 2329
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/19/2019 4:52:09 AM   
Bruce Johnson

Hilarious!

Breaking News: #Bears trade 2021 first-round pick to the Packers in exchange for Head Referee Clete Blakeman.

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 2330
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/19/2019 4:54:10 AM   
Bruce Johnson

Through 6 Weeks, Anthony Harris’ excellent statistics from 2018 are still excellent in 2019.

@PFF Grade
2018: 89.0
2019: 90.6

Passer rating when targeted
2018: 24.0
2019: 25.8

Missed Tackles
2018: 2
2019: 0

Yards per coverage snap
2018: 0.16!
2019: 0.07!!!

#SKOL #Vikings https://t.co/J2RE97HkCE

Post #: 2331
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/19/2019 8:09:36 AM   
Ricky J

quote:

Hilarious!

Breaking News: #Bears trade 2021 first-round pick to the Packers in exchange for Head Referee Clete Blakeman.

What i found troublesome about those penalties was i really felt like piling on and then when i see the one the Detroit DL has a grip underneath the collar and is using that for leverage .... which of course is an automatic first down

> but yes, i do believe Rogers benefits greatly from the human nature of bias
Post #: 2332
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/19/2019 10:07:30 AM   
Ragnarök

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ricky J

quote:

Hilarious!

What i found troublesome about those penalties was i really felt like piling on and then when i see the one the Detroit DL has a grip underneath the collar and is using that for leverage .... which of course is an automatic first down

There is NO rules for horsecollar on the DL, getting a grip for leverage under the collar or shoulder pads of an OL by the DL is not a penalty at this time in league as stated numerous times by media. The ghost call was for hands to face which is an enforcable penalty on DL.
Post #: 2333
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/19/2019 10:09:06 AM   
Bill Jandro

I find it hard to believe that Rogers gets this bias officiating when you consider his demeanor toward the refs.

His smug arrogance and barking at them for every and any call. One would think the refs would hate his guts.

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 2334
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/19/2019 10:14:48 AM   
Pager

quote:

quote:

Hilarious!

The NFL itself stated that wasn't a penalty? But there were a myriad of other terrible calls and noncalls.

13 men on the field.
incidental helmet contact
blatant PI against Marvin Jones

< Message edited by Pager -- 10/19/2019 10:18:08 AM >

Left picking up the pieces.
Post #: 2335
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/19/2019 10:16:16 AM   
thebigo

quote:

Hilarious!

We only offered a second-rounder?
Post #: 2336
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/19/2019 10:43:51 AM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Pager

quote:

quote:

Hilarious!

The NFL itself stated that wasn't a penalty? But there were a myriad of other terrible calls and noncalls.

13 men on the field.

I heard that 11 men on the field is only a guideline.
Post #: 2337
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/19/2019 12:04:16 PM   
Ricky J

ha ha
Too funny
Post #: 2338
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/19/2019 12:38:40 PM   
CPAMAN

I hope the Vikings play a nontypical Lions NFC North game. The Vikings should dominate rather than giving Stafford a chance. Vikings 27, Lions 16.

Lots of Christopher Columbus statues available on ebay.
Post #: 2339
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/19/2019 2:29:53 PM   
drviking

quote:

quote:

Hilarious!

We only offered a second-rounder?

Rumor is that he doesn't practice well

"Only one thing left to do..."
Post #: 2340
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/19/2019 2:39:00 PM   
JT2

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Hilarious!

13 men on the field.

It is, kind of. A team is free to play with less than 11 on the field without penalty.
Post #: 2341
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/19/2019 3:23:16 PM   
drviking

quote:

ORIGINAL: JT2

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Hilarious!

13 men on the field.

It is, kind of. A team is free to play with less than 11 on the field without penalty.

Or more if you are the Packers

"Only one thing left to do..."
Post #: 2342
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/19/2019 8:07:18 PM   
David F.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Jandro

I find it hard to believe that Rogers gets this bias officiating when you consider his demeanor toward the refs.

His smug arrogance and barking at them for every and any call. One would think the refs would hate his guts.

The Packers are a bandwagon team just like the Cowboys, Patriots and Steelers. When these teams do well casual NFL fans tune in to the games, buy a few t-shirts and start talking NFL football with their friends, family and acquaintances. The NFL has made it clear in it's behavior that billions and billions in revenue isn't enough and never will be enough. They will keep pushing for more more and more revenue at the expense of the integrity of the game. It's a shame. Seventeen game seasons, the rules changes favoring passing/scoring, blackballing/silencing players with political opinions, dumbing down the pre-game shows and commentators, etc etc etc...

It's a shame. Somewhere there is a near perfect version of the NFL but we'll never see it because it <GASP> might only generate a trillion in revenue when this perverted version might generate a trillion and one.

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 2343
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/19/2019 9:35:32 PM   
JT2

The casual fan base of every team complains about officiating when their team loses.

Is it not possible that good teams overcome imperfect officiating? The Patriots built a dynasty because of bad calls in their favor?

Here's what, officials make mistakes, even replay officials. Expecting perfection from officials is like expecting perfection from all your players. Never going to happen. I think a good team learns how the game is being officiated and adapts if necessary. I think good teams don't rely on getting "perfect" officiating. That's why it is always a good idea to NOT sit on a lead.

Doesn't seem like the officials are on the side of the Cowboys and Steelers this year.

We're not victims. We are Vikings.

< Message edited by JT2 -- 10/19/2019 9:44:12 PM >
Post #: 2344
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/19/2019 9:57:39 PM   
Bruce Johnson

The Lions fans have a right to be frustrated.

Post #: 2345
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/19/2019 10:02:52 PM   
JT2

quote:

The Lions fans have a right to be frustrated.

Remember when the Lions benefited from an official screwing up the coin flip?
Post #: 2346
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/19/2019 11:18:06 PM   
David F.

quote:

The casual fan base of every team complains about officiating when their team loses.

Is it not possible that good teams overcome imperfect officiating? The Patriots built a dynasty because of bad calls in their favor?

Here's what, officials make mistakes, even replay officials. Expecting perfection from officials is like expecting perfection from all your players. Never going to happen. I think a good team learns how the game is being officiated and adapts if necessary. I think good teams don't rely on getting "perfect" officiating. That's why it is always a good idea to NOT sit on a lead.

Doesn't seem like the officials are on the side of the Cowboys and Steelers this year.

We're not victims because it was a game we weren't even playing in.

Post #: 2347
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/19/2019 11:24:31 PM   
JT2

quote:

ORIGINAL: David F.

quote:

We're not victims because it was a game we weren't even playing in.

In general, David.
Post #: 2348
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/20/2019 12:23:17 AM   
Pager

Bias is as much a human condition as fallibility.

Left picking up the pieces.
Post #: 2349
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/20/2019 12:30:33 AM   
JT2

On to players, instead of the officials and league bias. Rudolph leads all TE's in offensive snaps. Even if you believe the narrative that he is a good blocker, it's hard to justify his usage, especially considering his anemic contribution in the passing game. Especially strange, considering that we have a difficult time finding 3 WR's. (I do really like Johnson, though).

We're just so slow in letting go.

Smith isn't a child. It would probably take him two weeks of game action to block as well as Rudolph. And, he actually could stress a defense.

For the most part, we're putting two pass catchers out there. Granted, they are very good, but we are going to need more than that to beat good teams.
Post #: 2350
Page:   <<   < prev  92 93 [94] 95 96   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  92 93 [94] 95 96   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode