Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  97 98 [99] 100 101   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/20/2019 7:35:25 PM   
Richard Neussendorfer

I'm hoping we make Peterson fumble this week. Hopefully we can get to Keenum as well.
Post #: 2451
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/20/2019 7:43:42 PM   
Ragnarök

If Keenum and Peterson give Zimmer any real issues defending he needs to step aside, resign at his presser and accept all blame...
Post #: 2452
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/20/2019 7:51:42 PM   
David Levine

Courtney Cronin@CourtneyRCronin

Kirk Cousins, who passed for 306 yards with a 138.6 passer rating in Week 5 and had 333 passing yards and a 138.4 rating in Week 6, is the first quarterback to record at least 300 passing yards and a passer rating of 135 or higher in three consecutive games in NFL history.
Post #: 2453
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/20/2019 7:59:33 PM   
Ricky J

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

Kirk Cousins, who passed for 306 yards with a 138.6 passer rating in Week 5 and had 333 passing yards and a 138.4 rating in Week 6, is the first quarterback to record at least 300 passing yards and a passer rating of 135 or higher in three consecutive games in NFL history.

Wow!

Hey CPA, funny how all the great QBs to ever play the game not once did anyone of them ever play three teams bad enough, as we just did, to put up three 135s, huh?

< Message edited by Ricky J -- 10/20/2019 8:01:25 PM >
Post #: 2454
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/20/2019 8:11:44 PM   
Bill Jandro

Love how Stefanski is calling games. Buy that man a Lowenbrau

Cook had the quetist 142 yds rushing I've ever seen.

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 2455
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/20/2019 8:22:40 PM   
Ricky J

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Jandro

Makes a pretty big difference that no one is complaining about the OL
Post #: 2456
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/20/2019 8:45:05 PM   
Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

The play action to Diggs at the end was beautiful!
Post #: 2457
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/20/2019 8:55:22 PM   
CPAMAN

quote:

ORIGINAL: thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ricky J

quote:

ORIGINAL: CPAMAN

quote:

ORIGINAL: geoffrey greitzer

Cousins has never played better..
I hope I didn't just jinx it.

Let's see how he does and the team performs vs. quality opponents.

Oh for pete's sakes!

Kinda sucks the Twins season is over doesn't it?

The Vikings are very much like the Twins. Both teams have some really good players who produce good stats that make it fun for fans to follow, especially those who participate in fantasy leagues. The Vikings are finding their offense but it seems the defense has lost a step. Hopefully, the defense can coordinate itself with the best the offense can produce.

< Message edited by CPAMAN -- 10/20/2019 9:04:41 PM >

Lots of Christopher Columbus statues available on ebay.
Post #: 2458
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/20/2019 8:59:18 PM   
CPAMAN

quote:

quote:

Wow!

Hey CPA, funny how all the great QBs to ever play the game not once did anyone of them ever play three teams bad enough, as we just did, to put up three 135s, huh?

I have been one of Cousins supporters on here. I was asking others to use patience after the Bears game.

Post #: 2459
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/20/2019 9:03:49 PM   
CPAMAN

quote:

He is kind of the anti-Adrian Peterson. He gets his yards on a lot of 3-15 yard runs. Peterson had a lot of 1-2 yard carries aided by a 75 yard TD run.

Post #: 2460
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/20/2019 9:32:14 PM   
bstinger

quote:

ORIGINAL: joejitsu

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rob Viking

Teddy just wins!

He went from nearly bleeding to death on a practice field to being a 5-0 quarterback in a couple of years. Good for Teddy. He's a hard guy to root against.

He is, but Kirk is a better QB, so glad we went that direction. Banking on Teddy wasn't an option we could take at that moment anyway.

"You guys are true athletes!"

--twinsfan
Post #: 2461
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/20/2019 9:42:16 PM   
Pager

quote:

ORIGINAL: bstinger

quote:

ORIGINAL: joejitsu

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rob Viking

Teddy just wins!

He went from nearly bleeding to death on a practice field to being a 5-0 quarterback in a couple of years. Good for Teddy. He's a hard guy to root against.

He is, but Kirk is a better QB, so glad we went that direction. Banking on Teddy wasn't an option we could take at that moment anyway.

We were right to move on from Keenum, and as you say Teddy was not a viable option at the time.

Left picking up the pieces.
Post #: 2462
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/20/2019 9:53:38 PM   
Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

quote:

He is kind of the anti-Adrian Peterson. He gets his yards on a lot of 3-15 yard runs. Peterson had a lot of 1-2 yard carries aided by a 75 yard TD run.

YEP! he's a way better weapon than Peterson ever was. Lots of 8 yard gains. Keeps the offense on schedule. Really good in passing game. Makes yardage out of nothing a lot. Totally refreshing.
Post #: 2463
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/20/2019 9:54:28 PM   
Bruce Johnson

Eagles fans have to be disappointed the way their favorite team is going these days. They are deserving and I couldn't be happier.

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 2464
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/20/2019 9:55:31 PM   
Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bruce Johnson

Eagles fans have to be disappointed the way their favorite team is going these days. They are deserving and I couldn't be happier.

Yeah. Looks like Foles was a better QB. Lots of people have been saying that for a while. He fits much better in Petersons scheme.
Post #: 2465
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/20/2019 9:56:35 PM   
Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

quote:

quote:

Wow!

I have been one of Cousins supporters on here. I was asking others to use patience after the Bears game.

I will vouch for this. Not that my thoughts on things matter much!
Post #: 2466
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/20/2019 9:58:24 PM   
Bruce Johnson

Speaking of the fans I would love to be disappointed,

Hate the Packers? Don't panic fans. They have played 5 of their 7 games at home this year. That means 6 of the last 9 are on the road, including Minnesota. They won't rip it up so frequently without the home cooking and home town calls.

(VikeFans on Twitter)

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 2467
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/20/2019 9:59:45 PM   
Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

Speaking of the fans I would love to be disappointed,

Hate the Packers? Don't panic fans. They have played 5 of their 7 games at home this year. That means 6 of the last 9 are on the road, including Minnesota. They won't rip it up so frequently without the home cooking and home town calls.

(VikeFans on Twitter)

Then the league gives the Raiders like 7 weeks without a real home game or something like that. Some strange scheduling this year.
Post #: 2468
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/20/2019 10:11:01 PM   
Bruce Johnson

Most surprising stat:

#Vikings offense has racked up 1,440 total yards in past 3 games.

What is this, 1998?

No, because as far as I can tell, the historic '98 offense never did that. Their best 3-game stretch was 1,349 yards.

(Eric Smith on Twitter)

Post #: 2469
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/20/2019 10:11:38 PM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ragnarök

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mark Anderson

quote:

A short turn around THURSDAY night game next for Vikes in DC against a woeful Skins team who lost to the Niners 9-0 today...

Being an Prime Time game against his old team, its big for Kirk, but what the Skins have shown in their dumpster fire organization even magic by AP and Case should not be enough to derail Kirk at this point in roll...

Train Kept A Rollin'

An embarrassed Zimmer defense against the horrible Redskins offense should give us a 34-10 win.

I thought it was a home game

OOPS you are correct HOME GAME in Prime Time... too much celebration this afternoon...

Feels good to win when the defense sucked like that

i will welcome a WIN and eat crow about play of Kirk Cousins all day, any day BUT the Coaching and play of our D was quite concerning to say least... Zimmer prevent D at times in game is baffeling, though I believe the offense of Skins will cure much...

Zimmers defense sucks right now! I'm concerned about it.

Always got to have something to bitch about.

IT'S ONE FREAKIN GAME!
Post #: 2470
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/20/2019 10:13:07 PM   
Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

ORIGINAL: thebigo

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mark Anderson

quote:

A short turn around THURSDAY night game next for Vikes in DC against a woeful Skins team who lost to the Niners 9-0 today...

Being an Prime Time game against his old team, its big for Kirk, but what the Skins have shown in their dumpster fire organization even magic by AP and Case should not be enough to derail Kirk at this point in roll...

Train Kept A Rollin'

An embarrassed Zimmer defense against the horrible Redskins offense should give us a 34-10 win.

I thought it was a home game

OOPS you are correct HOME GAME in Prime Time... too much celebration this afternoon...

Feels good to win when the defense sucked like that

i will welcome a WIN and eat crow about play of Kirk Cousins all day, any day BUT the Coaching and play of our D was quite concerning to say least... Zimmer prevent D at times in game is baffeling, though I believe the offense of Skins will cure much...

Zimmers defense sucks right now! I'm concerned about it.

Always got to have something to bitch about.

IT'S ONE FREAKIN GAME!

Damn you like to stalk me!
Post #: 2471
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/20/2019 10:14:30 PM   
Bruce Johnson

Incredibly impressed by the #Vikings o-line performance at Detroit.

Riley Reiff worked his ass off against his former team. Great game by 71.

Garrett Bradbury & Pat Elflein continued to improve while Josh Kline & Brian O’Neill balled.

The front 5 is getting stronger as a unit.

(Sean Borman on Twitter)

I made the comment a few days ago that Paul Charchian thought going into the season that the offensive line would struggle early, but get better as the season progresses. That looks like it was right on the mark.

Post #: 2472
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/20/2019 10:16:04 PM   
Bruce Johnson

Garrett Bradbury is looking better every week. I hate myself for judging him too early again...

(Purple Post on Twitter)

Post #: 2473
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/20/2019 10:22:48 PM   
bstinger

Impressive win for Boys over eaglets. Will be a tough foe in 3 weeks. Toughest game before the bye, with Mahomes out.

"You guys are true athletes!"

--twinsfan
Post #: 2474
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/20/2019 10:23:15 PM   
thebigo

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Pager

quote:

At the time I thought we dodged a bullet, but looking at it again it does look like the right call was made.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1185977909753864192

He got mugged. Definitely the right call.

I think Lions fans were acting like little kids. You don't get every call and non call just because you got hosed last week.

Looked to me like the refs decided to give Lions the 1st quarter, then they were like "it's up to you Lions from here on out"
Post #: 2475
Page:   <<   < prev  97 98 [99] 100 101   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  97 98 [99] 100 101   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode