Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Free Agency 2020

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: Free Agency 2020 Page: <<   < prev  8 9 [10] 11 12   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Free Agency 2020 - 3/16/2020 1:59:13 PM   
David F.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: kevinemmer

quote:

ORIGINAL: David F.

The Texans are giving the Browns a run for their money in the 'dumpster fire of a franchise' award. Wow! I mean, just... wow!

DEANDRE HOPKINS
WR, ARIZONA CARDINALS

Cardinals acquired WR DeAndre Hopkins and a fourth-round pick from the Texans in exchange for RB David Johnson and a second-round pick.
Staggering, stupefying. Bill O'Brien's foolish loss is the Cardinals' immense gain. Hopkins had a "down" 2019 as he caught "only" 104 balls for 1,165 yards and seven touchdowns, but there was quite literally zero evidence he had lost a step. The best body control receiver in the entire NFL still does not turn 28 until June. It's a grievous misstep for Houston and gift of a lifetime for Kyler Murray, who lacked consistent weapons as a rookie. As was the case with Hopkins and Deshaun Watson, he should work beautifully with Murray when the sophomore is outside the pocket. Murray also has the cannon necessary to find Hopkins down the sideline from the pocket. Even with the change of scenery, Hopkins remains a locked-in, top-three WR1. Bill O'Brien, call your attorney.

RELATED: Houston Texans

Stooopid!

(Copyright Pager )

He can't stay healthy though...if you look at that angle. In addition David Johnson might be the best receiving RB plus they might draft a very good WR with that 2nd Round pick.

Do you mean that David Johnson can't stay healthy? He's missed two games in seven years.

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 226
RE: Free Agency 2020 - 3/16/2020 2:04:34 PM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: kevinemmer

quote:

The Texans are giving the Browns a run for their money in the 'dumpster fire of a franchise' award. Wow! I mean, just... wow!

DEANDRE HOPKINS
WR, ARIZONA CARDINALS

Cardinals acquired WR DeAndre Hopkins and a fourth-round pick from the Texans in exchange for RB David Johnson and a second-round pick.
Staggering, stupefying. Bill O'Brien's foolish loss is the Cardinals' immense gain. Hopkins had a "down" 2019 as he caught "only" 104 balls for 1,165 yards and seven touchdowns, but there was quite literally zero evidence he had lost a step. The best body control receiver in the entire NFL still does not turn 28 until June. It's a grievous misstep for Houston and gift of a lifetime for Kyler Murray, who lacked consistent weapons as a rookie. As was the case with Hopkins and Deshaun Watson, he should work beautifully with Murray when the sophomore is outside the pocket. Murray also has the cannon necessary to find Hopkins down the sideline from the pocket. Even with the change of scenery, Hopkins remains a locked-in, top-three WR1. Bill O'Brien, call your attorney.

RELATED: Houston Texans

Stooopid!

(Copyright Pager )

He can't stay healthy though...if you look at that angle. In addition David Johnson might be the best receiving RB plus they might draft a very good WR with that 2nd Round pick.

Do you mean that David Johnson can't stay healthy? He's missed two games in seven years.

Nope, Hopkins has had hammy issues 2 of the last 3 years. Basically Quest every game.

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 227
RE: Free Agency 2020 - 3/16/2020 6:33:37 PM   
Mark Anderson

Weatherly to Panthers 2yrs. 12M
Post #: 228
RE: Free Agency 2020 - 3/16/2020 6:49:46 PM   
Pager

I really hope the Bears trade for Foles or Dalton. Neither scare me at all.

I really hope all the FA QBs and draft QBs drive the QB price down. I'd love to see us give a guy like Mariota or Winston a 1 year deal.

No big loss on Weatherly. We have the best dline coach in the business and can easily replace his snaps/production. Not worth the price and we'll probably get a comp pick out of it.

Left picking up the pieces.
Post #: 229
RE: Free Agency 2020 - 3/16/2020 8:09:23 PM   
jbusse

From Chris Tomasson:

Stephen Weatherly told me he'll miss being with #Vikings: "It's home. I've been there for four years. Everybody has been so nice with all these messages on Instagram... It's such an amazing city and the team was super dope, too. Honestly, I'm just blessed.''

https://twitter.com/christomasson/status/1239702378112331776
Post #: 230
RE: Free Agency 2020 - 3/16/2020 8:53:26 PM   
Bruce Johnson

I would have preferred to keep Weatherly over Griffen.

I mean, it's time to get younger.

< Message edited by Bruce Johnson -- 3/16/2020 8:57:58 PM >

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 231
RE: Free Agency 2020 - 3/16/2020 9:10:58 PM   
jbusse

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bruce Johnson

Got to trust Andre Patterson on this one.
Post #: 232
RE: Free Agency 2020 - 3/16/2020 11:16:06 PM   
Bruce Johnson

quote:

ORIGINAL: jbusse

quote:

Still no word on Griffen. Maybe soon.

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 233
RE: Free Agency 2020 - 3/16/2020 11:27:27 PM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: jbusse

quote:

Still no word on Griffen. Maybe soon.

There is so much cap space out there. I could see Griffen getting an offer he couldn't refuse.
Post #: 234
RE: Free Agency 2020 - 3/16/2020 11:48:06 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

I think I agree. Tough choice. I think Griffin is still a little better, but not by much.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 235
RE: Free Agency 2020 - 3/17/2020 4:40:29 AM   
ratoppenheimer

quote:

ORIGINAL: kgdabom

quote:

I think I agree. Tough choice. I think Griffin is still a little better, but not by much.

weatherly became expendable with the development of ifeadi, and $6m/yr is not good value...griffen is still a much better player in the short term...we'll draft a de in the first two days of draft....

i'm surprised that diggs is so excited about going to buffalo - outdoors and cold - our facilities being state-of-the-art...he must really dislike zimmer/cousins....

the journey...is paradise.
Post #: 236
RE: Free Agency 2020 - 3/17/2020 5:52:25 AM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

quote:

Its not close. Griffith is much better.

The issue is money. And paying an older dude who may start to decline sooner rather than later.

You can assume Weatherly will continue to improve and be better but that is all assumption with no guarantee. The better bet seems to be on Odenigbo.
Post #: 237
RE: Free Agency 2020 - 3/17/2020 5:58:02 AM   
ratoppenheimer

another 3rd would be great - a 4th/5th would be nice, but that might be wishful thinking....

Ian Rapoport@RapSheet
The #Vikings surprisingly applied the franchise tag to safety Anthony Harris but acknowledged to teams that Harris could be had for a mid-to-late round draft pick, source said. A potential tag and trade candidate.

the journey...is paradise.
Post #: 238
RE: Free Agency 2020 - 3/17/2020 7:21:50 AM   
Todd M

With our current draft stock the prudent move would have been to wait for the comp pick. Wasted value.
Post #: 239
RE: Free Agency 2020 - 3/17/2020 7:36:46 AM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Todd M

With our current draft stock the prudent move would have been to wait for the comp pick. Wasted value.

Yeah.

I would say now either keep him for a year or trade him for a veteran OLineman, DT, WR or CB(starter).

< Message edited by Mark Anderson -- 3/17/2020 7:37:51 AM >
Post #: 240
RE: Free Agency 2020 - 3/17/2020 7:41:42 AM   
Bruce Johnson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mark Anderson

quote:

Yeah.

I would say now either keep him for a year or trade him for a veteran OLineman, DT, WR or CB(starter).

If it's a third rounder received in a trade I am good. If it is less than I agree.

Post #: 241
RE: Free Agency 2020 - 3/17/2020 7:43:50 AM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mark Anderson

quote:

Yeah.

If it's a third rounder received in a trade I am good. If it is less than I agree.

Yeah. You can use an extra 3rd to get into the mid to late teens if somebody drops.
Post #: 242
RE: Free Agency 2020 - 3/17/2020 8:46:56 AM   
Bill Jandro

quote:

Another short timer move by Spielman in an effort to save his job. Can't blame him though this is more on the Wilf brothers.

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 243
RE: Free Agency 2020 - 3/17/2020 9:35:10 AM   
David F.

quote:

We can rescind the tag if we don't get the pick we want (I think?) and that would put us right back in the compensatory pick getting. The compensatory pick will depend on who we sign as free agents as well. We'll lose Harris (maybe) for a big contract, Weatherly got $12 over two years, Rhodes, Waynes, and Linval should get contracts but we don't know who we'll sign. A DT like Reader and a good guard and possibly a mid-tier WR and it's possible our compensatory pick isn't great anyway. Too many variables to say for sure but I think we can always rescind that franchise tag if needed.

EDIT - I just remembered we cut Rhodes and Linval so they count for nothing.

< Message edited by David F. -- 3/17/2020 9:36:38 AM >

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 244
RE: Free Agency 2020 - 3/17/2020 10:26:35 AM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: ratoppenheimer

quote:

quote:

weatherly became expendable with the development of ifeadi, and $6m/yr is not good value...griffen is still a much better player in the short term...we'll draft a de in the first two days of draft....

i'm surprised that diggs is so excited about going to buffalo - outdoors and cold - our facilities being state-of-the-art...he must really dislike zimmer/cousins....

6 Million a year is about right for Weatherly. I read the report saying he was getting 6 million over 2 years and thought it was 3 million a year hence my thinking that he was a very good value.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 245
RE: Free Agency 2020 - 3/17/2020 10:28:11 AM   
Bill Johanesen

Playing both angles with Harris to bolster arguments.

< Message edited by Bill Johanesen -- 3/17/2020 10:29:15 AM >
Post #: 246
RE: Free Agency 2020 - 3/17/2020 10:58:18 AM   
joejitsu

Is there anything to the rumor that the patriots are interested in Teddy? I've seen this reported on a few sites.
Post #: 247
RE: Free Agency 2020 - 3/17/2020 11:08:41 AM   
David F.

quote:

ORIGINAL: joejitsu

Is there anything to the rumor that the patriots are interested in Teddy? I've seen this reported on a few sites.

Charlie Weiss said on Sirius NFL this morning that he thinks they'll go after Teddy or Andy Dalton.

Post #: 248
RE: Free Agency 2020 - 3/17/2020 11:18:03 AM   
Bruce Johnson

Rumor is the #Vikings are interested in guard Joe Haeg. My guess is that if they sign him, Riley Reiff will be released.

(Warren Ludford on Twitter)

Reading this I am speculating that he stays with the Colts.

https://coltswire.usatoday.com/2020/03/16/nfl-free-agency-indianapolis-colts-joe-haeg-interest-multiple-teams/

< Message edited by Bruce Johnson -- 3/17/2020 11:22:28 AM >

Post #: 249
RE: Free Agency 2020 - 3/17/2020 11:23:03 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

Rumor is the #Vikings are interested in guard Joe Haeg. My guess is that if they sign him, Riley Reiff will be released.

(Warren Ludford on Twitter)

Reading this I am speculating that he stays with the Colts.

https://coltswire.usatoday.com/2020/03/16/nfl-free-agency-indianapolis-colts-joe-haeg-interest-multiple-teams/

Played every position on the line---get him.

< Message edited by Phil Riewer -- 3/17/2020 11:24:48 AM >

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 250
Page:   <<   < prev  8 9 [10] 11 12   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: Free Agency 2020 Page: <<   < prev  8 9 [10] 11 12   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode