Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Free Agency 2020

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: Free Agency 2020 Page: <<   < prev  34 35 [36] 37 38   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Free Agency 2020 - 4/18/2020 1:37:34 PM   
unome

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bruce Johnson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mark Anderson

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: ratoppenheimer

Chris Tomasson@christomasson
From today's paper, #Vikings to start virtual offseason program April 27 with classroom work only, deadline passes with no offer sheet extended to Vikings restricted free-agent linebacker Eric Wilson. https://twincities.com/2020/04/17/vikings-to-start-virtual-offseason-program-april-27-with-classroom-work-only/

Wilson is no longer a Viking, but a free agent? That doesn't sound good.

https://thevikingage.com/2020/03/16/why-minnesota-vikings-should-resign-wilson/

Not a free agent. No other team signed him to an offer sheet.

If he does sign an offer is he a restricted free agent?

He can no longer sign an offer sheet as the time has passed. Had he signed an offer sheet with another team, we would have had the right to match. We can have him play under his current tender number or sign him to a longer deal. Wilson is NOT a free agent and is under contract for the next year as a Viking.

Edit: What Mark said.

< Message edited by unome -- 4/18/2020 1:38:34 PM >
Post #: 876
RE: Free Agency 2020 - 4/18/2020 2:00:17 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: unome

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mark Anderson

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: ratoppenheimer

Chris Tomasson@christomasson
From today's paper, #Vikings to start virtual offseason program April 27 with classroom work only, deadline passes with no offer sheet extended to Vikings restricted free-agent linebacker Eric Wilson. https://twincities.com/2020/04/17/vikings-to-start-virtual-offseason-program-april-27-with-classroom-work-only/

Wilson is no longer a Viking, but a free agent? That doesn't sound good.

https://thevikingage.com/2020/03/16/why-minnesota-vikings-should-resign-wilson/

Not a free agent. No other team signed him to an offer sheet.

If he does sign an offer is he a restricted free agent?

He can no longer sign an offer sheet as the time has passed. Had he signed an offer sheet with another team, we would have had the right to match. We can have him play under his current tender number or sign him to a longer deal. Wilson is NOT a free agent and is under contract for the next year as a Viking.

Edit: What Mark said.

Nice. I was worried.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 877
RE: Free Agency 2020 - 4/18/2020 6:26:49 PM   
Bruce Johnson

Thanks for the clarification. You explained it very clearly.

I just found this:

John Keim who covers the Redskins thinks they will trade Trent Williams to Minnesota

(Vikings Spin on Twitter)

And this:

Trent Williams will be a Viking by the end of the draft.

(Vikings Central on Twitter)

Another Twitter friend told me he heard it was for a number two pick in next years draft. I was wondering how the salary cap would work.

< Message edited by Bruce Johnson -- 4/18/2020 6:58:28 PM >

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 878
RE: Free Agency 2020 - 4/18/2020 7:04:10 PM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

I just found this:

John Keim who covers the Redskins thinks they will trade Trent Williams to Minnesota

And this:

Another Twitter friend told me he heard it was for a number two pick in next years draft. I was wondering how the salary cap would work.

Post #: 879
RE: Free Agency 2020 - 4/18/2020 7:40:44 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

I just found this:

And this:

To me it only makes sense if Reiff is included. I would think Washington would want him.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 880
RE: Free Agency 2020 - 4/19/2020 9:16:11 AM   
Bruce Johnson

Sounds like the trade to the Vikings is off the table, but that Beckham will be traded still.

https://nfltraderumors.co/report-browns-expected-to-eventually-trade-odell-beckham-jr/

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 881
RE: Free Agency 2020 - 4/19/2020 9:42:59 AM   
Murph

quote:

I just found this:

And this:

Much rather have Williams than OBJ. Good news, if accurate.

Hey Wilf's, let's build a "Perennial Super Bowl contender" not a "perennial playoff contender".
Post #: 882
RE: Free Agency 2020 - 4/19/2020 9:58:21 AM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: Murph

quote:

I just found this:

And this:

Louie Tee says
First if you don’t know Louie Tee he is a great YouTube/Internet football personality. He specifically covers the team that plays in Washington. He’s knowledgeable, logical and rational. He just did his 7 round Washington Mock which included them trading Williams for Reiff, 105 and 132. Since it’s our very late thrid and late 4th I can live with that. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRQTn4BcMh4

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 883
RE: Free Agency 2020 - 4/19/2020 10:18:33 AM   
Bill Jandro

quote:

ORIGINAL: kgdabom

quote:

quote:

I just found this:

And this:

Louie Tee says
First if you don’t know Louie Tee he is a great YouTube/Internet football personality. He specifically covers the team that plays in Washington. He’s knowledgeable, logical and rational. He just did his 7 round Washington Mock which included them trading Williams for Reiff, 105 and 132. Since it’s our very late thrid and late 4th I can live with that. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRQTn4BcMh4

Wash doesn't have a lot of picks (no 2nd or 6th rd) so one would think they'd be motivated to move Williams. It's pretty clear that will never suit up for them again.

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 884
RE: Free Agency 2020 - 4/19/2020 11:02:41 AM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Jandro

quote:

ORIGINAL: kgdabom

quote:

quote:

I just found this:

And this:

Louie Tee says

Wash doesn't have a lot of picks (no 2nd or 6th rd) so one would think they'd be motivated to move Williams. It's pretty clear that will never suit up for them again.

Yep. I admit I'm shamelessly plugging for this Louie Tee guy, but he really is a sharp cookie. If he thinks it could happen it must make sense for both teams.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 885
RE: Free Agency 2020 - 4/19/2020 11:10:24 AM   
Bill Johanesen

They have no leverage as Williams won't play for them. We have Steady Eddy Reiff, however average he is.

Hell, they should give us a pick!
Post #: 886
RE: Free Agency 2020 - 4/20/2020 3:27:08 PM   
Tom Sykes

Ian Rapoport
@RapSheet
·
1h
A surprise: The #Jaguars are releasing WR Marqise Lee, source said. One of their most productive receivers is now a free agent – fully healthy and completely cleared medically — right before the draft.
Post #: 887
RE: Free Agency 2020 - 4/20/2020 3:35:45 PM   
unome

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tom Sykes

Ian Rapoport
@RapSheet
·
1h
A surprise: The #Jaguars are releasing WR Marqise Lee, source said. One of their most productive receivers is now a free agent – fully healthy and completely cleared medically — right before the draft.

That should read "one of their most productive receivers in 2017 before a major knee injury".
Post #: 888
RE: Free Agency 2020 - 4/20/2020 3:35:56 PM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

Ian Rapoport
@RapSheet
·
1h

Sign him (he is injured a lot though)....but sign him.

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 889
RE: Free Agency 2020 - 4/20/2020 3:45:45 PM   
unome

quote:

ORIGINAL: Phil Riewer

quote:

Ian Rapoport
@RapSheet
·
1h

Sign him (he is injured a lot though)....but sign him.

Just to be clear, he has 3 catches for 18 years over the last two years combined. A knee injury and then a shoulder. I am not sure if you can do workouts right now, but I would not sign him to any guaranteed money without a pretty substantial workout.
Post #: 890
RE: Free Agency 2020 - 4/20/2020 3:46:12 PM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

ORIGINAL: unome

quote:

Ian Rapoport
@RapSheet
·
1h

That should read "one of their most productive receivers in 2017 before a major knee injury".

very true.
Post #: 891
RE: Free Agency 2020 - 4/20/2020 4:01:04 PM   
Dana Turner

A couple years ago he was one of the best, but unfortunately for him, injuries have deflated his earnings potential. The Vikings have no need to another veteran receiver on this team, just get one or two of the top 20 guys in the draft and get to work. We've had some serious good luck with guys later in the draft or not drafted at all. We need to influence the trenches and the DB's. Our receiver group will be fine without spending a ton of money on it right now.
Post #: 892
RE: Free Agency 2020 - 4/20/2020 6:49:38 PM   
quote:

Ian Rapoport
@RapSheet
·
1h

Disappointing career thus far. He was a real problem for my Ducks, and everybody else in College football back in the day.

Not sure what happened to him, other then gawd awful QBing in Jacksonville
  Post #: 893
RE: Free Agency 2020 - 4/20/2020 7:46:47 PM   
David Levine

quote:

ORIGINAL: kurt bilben

quote:

Ian Rapoport
@RapSheet
·
1h

Disappointing career thus far. He was a real problem for my Ducks, and everybody else in College football back in the day.

His knee exploded.

He was having a solid career before that.
Post #: 894
RE: Free Agency 2020 - 4/20/2020 11:30:13 PM   
unome

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

quote:

quote:

Ian Rapoport
@RapSheet
·
1h

His knee exploded.

Yep. And he was looking really good up until that. I am not saying we should not look at him, because sometimes a knee takes more than a full calendar year to heal. I just would want to see him workout first before signing him to deal with any sort of guaranteed money. He could be a guy you get cheap and he far exceeds his contract.
Post #: 895
RE: Free Agency 2020 - 4/20/2020 11:33:20 PM   
quote:

quote:

quote:

Ian Rapoport
@RapSheet
·
1h

His knee exploded.

Would you give a low $ look see DL?
  Post #: 896
RE: Free Agency 2020 - 4/20/2020 11:48:27 PM   
David Levine

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Ian Rapoport
@RapSheet
·
1h

His knee exploded.

Yeah. He'll be 2 years from the injury in August. Seems like a good guy to try to buy low on.
Post #: 897
RE: Free Agency 2020 - 4/21/2020 5:52:40 AM   
Bruce Johnson

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Ian Rapoport
@RapSheet
·
1h

His knee exploded.

Yeah. He'll be 2 years from the injury in August. Seems like a good guy to try to buy low on.

Because of the virus lockdown it's hard to get our doctors to check him out, now. That will make it harder for him and it will drive down his offers even further to the point he may just pass, for now.

Post #: 898
RE: Free Agency 2020 - 4/21/2020 10:19:17 AM   
quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Ian Rapoport
@RapSheet
·
1h

His knee exploded.

Yep me as well.

Take a flyer, if the knee comes back he’s always had crap QB’s, I like his chances.
  Post #: 899
RE: Free Agency 2020 - 4/21/2020 3:52:25 PM   
Phil Riewer

Wow...Gronk to TB.

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 900
Page:   <<   < prev  34 35 [36] 37 38   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: Free Agency 2020 Page: <<   < prev  34 35 [36] 37 38   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode