Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: NFL Draft 2020

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: NFL Draft 2020 Page: <<   < prev  8 9 [10] 11 12   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: NFL Draft 2020 - 3/18/2020 10:55:10 AM   
jbusse

quote:

ORIGINAL: kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Jandro

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mark Anderson

quote:

quote:

Rookie WRs are almost never sure things, but if their is a sure fire star WR from this draft who is it. Is there a strong consensus? Is it Ruggs or Jeudy from Bama or Ceedee Lamb. Could we package a third with one of our firsts to move up and get the best WR from this class? Would it take our second or heaven forbid both first round picks?

Lamb is expected to go in top ten.

Juedy is a possibility in a slight trade up from 22. Excellent route runner.

Read Pittman's draft profile. Zimmer's kind of WR.

Pittman is really good too

Question is do we use #22 pick on a wr?

Didn't work out worth a damn last time we followed that model.

Perhaps trading back with one of the 1st rd picks and doubling down on two good wr's in the 2nd certainly would bolster the chances of hitting on one of them.

That player that shall not be named was a case of Vikings panic and stupidity. This is supposed to be the best WR draft of all time. We might wait until the 2nd or 3rd and still get somebody exceptional.

Counting on you to put together a list of 1st round WR untouchables. Give us more of the insight that lead to your damning Treadwell evaluation.
Post #: 226
RE: NFL Draft 2020 - 3/18/2020 11:33:27 AM   
joejitsu

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: jbusse

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Phil Riewer

quote:

Rookie WRs are almost never sure things, but if their is a sure fire star WR from this draft who is it. Is there a strong consensus? Is it Ruggs or Jeudy from Bama or Ceedee Lamb. Could we package a third with one of our firsts to move up and get the best WR from this class? Would it take our second or heaven forbid both first round picks?

Sure fire talent ever in the NFL? There is a ton of talent in one of the biggest bunch of WR talent.....grab 2 or 3 and a FA and see what happens......Bisi, Mitchell, and Hollins last year could be in the mix also.

Of course there is never a sure thing, but more or less there are. Saquon Barkley IMO was a sure thing. Megatron was a sure thing. Luck was a sure thing. I take it there is nobody as sure as those were, but how good are these guys supposed to be. Seems that Lamb, Jeudy, and Ruggs are VERY nice prospects. I would like us to get one of those.

Quenton Nelson on that sure thing list as well, drafted 6th in the 1st round.

My understanding is that he has lived up to his press clippings as well.

He has exceeded expectations, so far. Jeudy is a great route runner, but will disappear sometimes. Pittman has a limited route tree and takes time to get going. We need a receiver who gets off the line quickly and gets open fast, because Kirk does not have the patience to let longer routes develop. Lamb fits that role well, but how well will he hold up in the pro's? Lots of questions.
Post #: 227
RE: NFL Draft 2020 - 3/18/2020 11:39:06 AM   
Phil Riewer

So many good WRs I would be happy with Johnson in the 3rd or 4th too.

< Message edited by Phil Riewer -- 3/18/2020 11:43:01 AM >

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 228
RE: NFL Draft 2020 - 3/18/2020 11:43:29 AM   
joejitsu

quote:

ORIGINAL: Phil Riewer

I think we should sign Perriman if he is reasonable.

That would be a decent pickup, if the price is right.
Post #: 229
RE: NFL Draft 2020 - 3/18/2020 12:17:07 PM   
thebigo

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Perhaps trading back with one of the 1st rd picks and doubling down on two good wr's in the 2nd certainly would bolster the chances of hitting on one of them.

Maybe we should trade up 1 spot?
Post #: 230
RE: NFL Draft 2020 - 3/18/2020 12:24:46 PM   
ratoppenheimer

quote:

ORIGINAL: thebigo

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

looking at the draft value chart - 22 is equal to an early 2nd and early 3rd...we could trade back twice into the early 2nd round and get a couple of early 3rds....

seven selections in the first 105 picks....

the journey...is paradise.
Post #: 231
RE: NFL Draft 2020 - 3/18/2020 12:40:18 PM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: ratoppenheimer

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

looking at the draft value chart - 22 is equal to an early 2nd and early 3rd...we could trade back twice into the early 2nd round and get a couple of early 3rds....

I'd be good with 5 in the first 105 and the next Randy Moss.
Post #: 232
RE: NFL Draft 2020 - 3/18/2020 1:46:34 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I'd be good with 5 in the first 105 and the next Randy Moss.

If the Vikings can draft the next Randy Moss this year we could be super bowl bound.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 233
RE: NFL Draft 2020 - 3/18/2020 7:38:09 PM   
Bruce Johnson

I don't know if this is true. Maybe. It would be huge.

#Vikings are in discussions with the #Colts about a possible trade involving Quenton Nelson per sources. Would involve both of Minnesota’s first round picks.

(InZimWeTrust on Twitter)

Edit: I'm thinking that it is not true now.

< Message edited by Bruce Johnson -- 3/18/2020 7:47:45 PM >

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 234
RE: NFL Draft 2020 - 3/18/2020 8:10:57 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bruce Johnson

I don't know if this is true. Maybe. It would be huge.

#Vikings are in discussions with the #Colts about a possible trade involving Quenton Nelson per sources. Would involve both of Minnesota’s first round picks.

(InZimWeTrust on Twitter)

Edit: I'm thinking that it is not true now.

Both first round picks would have been a bargain for that guy.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 235
RE: NFL Draft 2020 - 3/19/2020 7:06:32 AM   
Phil Riewer

Recent draft history for WR:
2012 2 4th rounders
2013 1 1st rounder
2014 0
2015 1 fifth rounder
2016 1 1st & 1 sixth rounder
2017 a fifth and a 7th
2018 0
2019 2 7ths

Maybe spend a little draft capital? It isn't like we have spent a ton of capital on WR the last 5 years.....1 1st, 2 fifths, a sixth, and 3 7ths. Lucky to have two skilled WR.

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 236
RE: NFL Draft 2020 - 3/19/2020 9:52:05 AM   
Bruce Johnson

Now that the #Vikings have released which picks were involved in the Diggs trade, we've updated this post with a couple of minor corrections.

-The sixth that the Vikings are getting from Buffalo is #201, not #207.
-The seventh that is going to Buffalo is #239, not #219.

(Dailynorseman on Twitter)

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 237
RE: NFL Draft 2020 - 3/19/2020 10:36:11 AM   
Bruce Johnson

Lions have a lot of draft picks.

Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) Tweeted:
Exact Eagles’ picks being sent to Detroit in exchange for CB Darius Slay: No. 85 and No. 166.

Lions now have five of the top 85 picks. And there could be a windfall more if another team decides to trade for the third overall pick. https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1240632007161458690?s=20

Post #: 238
RE: NFL Draft 2020 - 3/19/2020 10:52:01 AM   
thebigo

quote:

Lions have a lot of draft picks.

Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) Tweeted:
Exact Eagles’ picks being sent to Detroit in exchange for CB Darius Slay: No. 85 and No. 166.

Lions now have five of the top 85 picks. And there could be a windfall more if another team decides to trade for the third overall pick. https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1240632007161458690?s=20

And they'll make those picks, and continue to suck into perpetuity.
Post #: 239
RE: NFL Draft 2020 - 3/19/2020 8:47:52 PM   
Bruce Johnson

We can watch this because he is a prospect for the Vikings to possibly select and because he's a Gopher.

https://mattwaldmanrsp.com/2019/12/28/matt-waldmans-rsp-boiler-room-wr-tyler-johnsons-minnesota-craft-with-the-fade/

Post #: 240
RE: NFL Draft 2020 - 3/20/2020 7:17:46 AM   
Bruce Johnson

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/2020-nfl-draft-will-the-minnesota-vikings-find-a-replacement-for-stefon-diggs/

Post #: 241
RE: NFL Draft 2020 - 3/20/2020 8:39:45 AM   
TJSweens

quote:

We can watch this because he is a prospect for the Vikings to possibly select and because he's a Gopher.

https://mattwaldmanrsp.com/2019/12/28/matt-waldmans-rsp-boiler-room-wr-tyler-johnsons-minnesota-craft-with-the-fade/

I would be happy as hell if Tyler Johnson wound up on the Vikings. I've been a fan since his days at Minneapolis North high school. The kid is a great athlete, great leader and a great human being. He could have entered the draft with a weaker receiver class last year. He chose to stay in college to be the first in his family to graduate and to set the example for his 5 younger siblings. Johnson has been a leader and winner everywhere he has gone. I don't objectively know where he ranks out in the draft, but mark my words, he will make whatever team drafts him and become a contributor in a short period of time.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 242
RE: NFL Draft 2020 - 3/20/2020 9:51:53 AM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

ORIGINAL: TJSweens

quote:

I would be happy as hell if Tyler Johnson wound up on the Vikings. I've been a fan since his days at Minneapolis North high school. The kid is a great athlete, great leader and a great human being. He could have entered the draft with a weaker receiver class last year. He chose to stay in college to be the first in his family to graduate and to set the example for his 5 younger siblings. Johnson has been a leader and winner everywhere he has gone. I don't objectively know where he ranks out in the draft, but mark my words, he will make whatever team drafts him and become a contributor in a short period of time.

There are two gophers in this draft I would be more than happy to acquire.

I don't want to go through things that don't kill me and make me stronger anymore.
Post #: 243
RE: NFL Draft 2020 - 3/20/2020 11:16:31 AM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: Trekgeekscott

quote:

quote:

There are two gophers in this draft I would be more than happy to acquire.

It would be cool to get them both and it's not out of reason. Winfield Jr. in the 2nd and Johnson in the 3rd would not be reaching.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 244
RE: NFL Draft 2020 - 3/21/2020 12:11:00 PM   
Bruce Johnson

Heading into the draft its safe to assume the Vikings will go after a versitile Cornerback with the ability to play outside or slot.
Players that fit that profile:
*CJ Henderson, Florida, 6'1-200, 4.39
*Kristian Fulton, LSU, 6'0-200, 4.46
*AJ Terrell, Clemson, 6'2-190, 4.42

(Kurt Ehrhorn on Twitter)

Post #: 245
RE: NFL Draft 2020 - 3/21/2020 1:29:50 PM   
ratoppenheimer

quote:

quote:

on draftscout johnson is ranked 26th among wr's and projected to go in the 5th/6th round....

the journey...is paradise.
Post #: 246
RE: NFL Draft 2020 - 3/21/2020 3:59:38 PM   
Dana Turner

quote:

quote:

quote:

on draftscout johnson is ranked 26th among wr's and projected to go in the 5th/6th round....

I really like this kid too, just a solid receiver. If he's there at the beginning of the fifth, maybe we give our fifth and sixth to move up and grab him. I don't know if he will last until the 22nd pick of the fifth, but I also would love to have this kid on the team.
Post #: 247
RE: NFL Draft 2020 - 3/21/2020 4:12:29 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

quote:

quote:

I've seen him mocked all over the board from 2nd to 5th round. My expectation is he will be drafted in the third.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 248
RE: NFL Draft 2020 - 3/21/2020 4:47:32 PM   
Bruce Johnson

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I've seen him mocked all over the board from 2nd to 5th round. My expectation is he will be drafted in the third.

The most likely scenario that will bring him to the Vikings is if he goes undrafted. That is also possible when there are so many good wide receiver prospects.

Post #: 249
RE: NFL Draft 2020 - 3/21/2020 6:33:19 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

The most likely scenario that will bring him to the Vikings is if he goes undrafted. That is also possible when there are so many good wide receiver prospects.

To me Tyler going undrafted would be insane, but stranger things have happened. If we pass on him in the 4th round their will be a revolt by Minnesota fans of both the Gophers and Vikings. I still think he would be a very reasonable 3rd round pick. With Winfield if he fell to our pick in the third round and we pass the same thing.

< Message edited by kgdabom -- 3/21/2020 6:34:41 PM >

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 250
Page:   <<   < prev  8 9 [10] 11 12   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: NFL Draft 2020 Page: <<   < prev  8 9 [10] 11 12   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode