Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: NFL Draft 2020

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: NFL Draft 2020 Page: <<   < prev  9 10 [11] 12 13   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: NFL Draft 2020 - 3/22/2020 9:54:43 AM   
ratoppenheimer

Eric Edholm@Eric_Edholm
Report: NFL draft moving out of Las Vegas amid coronavirus outbreak, planning for in-studio version.

the journey...is paradise.
Post #: 251
RE: NFL Draft 2020 - 3/22/2020 11:20:56 AM   
Bruce Johnson

I bet it will even be better.

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 252
RE: NFL Draft 2020 - 3/23/2020 8:45:39 AM   
Bruce Johnson

I’ll be posting some videos and analysis this week, but I’ve been digging deeper into the 2020 CB class.

Two players I really like: Florida State’s Levonta Taylor and UCLA’s Darnay Holmes. Taylor’s athleticism and versatility (safety/CB) are intriguing. #Vikings

(Daniel House on Twitter)

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 253
RE: NFL Draft 2020 - 3/23/2020 8:46:12 AM   
Bill Johanesen

#22. LT. Cut Reiff after June 1st. He is too mediocre and eats up too much cap to boot. 1st Rounder - Udoh - Bradbury - Samia - O'Neill.

#25. CB. Hughes, Hill, Boyd, and Fields would have been ok in the 80s, but not in today's pass-happy NFL.

#58. WR. Lots of prospects.

Still need help on the DL but it's comparatively stable if Odenigbo is the heir at DE. Worthy of upgrading, but there 'must address' needs are more important.

< Message edited by Bill Johanesen -- 3/23/2020 8:47:31 AM >
Post #: 254
RE: NFL Draft 2020 - 3/23/2020 9:27:02 AM   
bohumm

I'm with drafting CB early, but in the recent past we've drafted three CBs in the first and one in the second, and we currently have zero CBs on our roster who have been starters. Why do we think Speilman and Zimmer are the right combo to upgrade CB?
Post #: 255
RE: NFL Draft 2020 - 3/23/2020 9:29:42 AM   
TJSweens

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Johanesen

#22. LT. Cut Reiff after June 1st. He is too mediocre and eats up too much cap to boot. 1st Rounder - Udoh - Bradbury - Samia - O'Neill.

#25. CB. Hughes, Hill, Boyd, and Fields would have been ok in the 80s, but not in today's pass-happy NFL.

Still need help on the DL but it's comparatively stable if Odenigbo is the heir at DE. Worthy of upgrading, but there 'must address' needs are more important.

Isn't Udoh a tackle?

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 256
RE: NFL Draft 2020 - 3/23/2020 11:31:57 AM   
Bill Jandro

I think were ok at IDL. We certainly should be on the lookout for a difference making 3T.

DE is more pressing with the losses of Grif and Weatherly

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 257
RE: NFL Draft 2020 - 3/23/2020 12:20:39 PM   
quote:

ORIGINAL: TJSweens

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Johanesen

Isn't Udoh a tackle?

Yes.

I’ve seen this a couple times (Moving Udoh to G)

He’s a project even at Tackle, not sure how you pencil a guy like that in as a day one starter at a different position?

I like him, but not now, especially at guard.
  Post #: 258
RE: NFL Draft 2020 - 3/23/2020 1:58:20 PM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

ORIGINAL: bohumm

I'm with drafting CB early, but in the recent past we've drafted three CBs in the first and one in the second, and we currently have zero CBs on our roster who have been starters. Why do we think Speilman and Zimmer are the right combo to upgrade CB?

You make it sound like Rhodes, Waynes, Hughes, and Alexander have all been failed draft picks.

Rhodes was top notch for awhile; I'd absolutely draft another Rhodes ... I would have managed him differently the last few years but that has nothing to do with his drafting ... he was dam good for awhile.

Waynes and Alexander are decent, serviceable DBs; I myself would have gladly resigned Alexander (even to compete outside if that was what he required). Waynes? Not for the money he signed but coming out of college, he looked like pretty dam good ... the player has to take some responsibility for not reaching his potential.

Not sure yet what we have with Hughes ... a little early (because of injury / playing behind presumptive starters) to judge.

Last offseason it seemed like we had an embarrassment of CB riches – this year, like the bottom dropped out. The money issue has a lot to do with that situation ... maybe not everything ... but there is no reason to think that Spielman / Zimmer can't draft / develop a decent CB.
Post #: 259
RE: NFL Draft 2020 - 3/23/2020 2:22:37 PM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tom Sykes

quote:

You make it sound like Rhodes, Waynes, Hughes, and Alexander have all been failed draft picks.

Rhodes was top notch for awhile; I'd absolutely draft another Rhodes ... I would have managed him differently the last few years but that has nothing to do with his drafting ... he was dam good for awhile.

Waynes and Alexander are decent, serviceable DBs; I myself would have gladly resigned Alexander (even to compete outside if that was what he required). Waynes? Not for the money he signed but coming out of college, he looked like pretty dam good ... the player has to take some responsibility for not reaching his potential.

Not sure yet what we have with Hughes ... a little early (because of injury / playing behind presumptive starters) to judge.

Last offseason it seemed like we had an embarrassment of CB riches – this year, like the bottom dropped out. The money issue has a lot to do with that situation ... maybe not everything ... but there is no reason to think that Spielman / Zimmer can't draft / develop a decent CB.

If we picked up Redskin CB (Dunbar) and got someone high in draft, it wouldn't be a bad core.

Draft Pick, Dunbar, Hughes, Hill, Boyd
Post #: 260
RE: NFL Draft 2020 - 3/23/2020 2:31:45 PM   
ratoppenheimer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tom Sykes

quote:

i think that we'll have two cb's and a safety by the end of the 3rd round....

the journey...is paradise.
Post #: 261
RE: NFL Draft 2020 - 3/23/2020 2:35:29 PM   
Bruce Johnson

This video is a little longer, but when you're ready to really get into the draft you'll want to watch this. We all know that the Vikings are going to select a wide receiver and I think the chances are 100% that the player that we select will be in this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uf3CJHsBJvg

Post #: 262
RE: NFL Draft 2020 - 3/23/2020 3:38:41 PM   
Dana Turner

The WR's I'd like to see the Vikings pick up in this years draft are Claypool and Tyler Johnson. I believe with the guys we already have and these two, we would have a solid WR room, with options in play calling as the year goes on. I believe Claypool will be there in the late second or early third and Johnson in the 4th or fifth.

I do not think the Vikings will draft twice in the first round. I see them trading one of their first picks and moving back, possibly getting an extra 2nd and third. If so, that would mean the options to get 6 players in the first 105 guys taken. All the holes would have an early draft option as possible help to plug in.
Post #: 263
RE: NFL Draft 2020 - 3/23/2020 3:39:32 PM   
beo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bruce Johnson

This video is a little longer, but when you're ready to really get into the draft you'll want to watch this. We all know that the Vikings are going to select a wide receiver and I think the chances are 100% that the player that we select will be in this video.

Great video... thx for posting.

Love to come away with someone on his list and a 2nd WR maybe late 3rd on.
Post #: 264
RE: NFL Draft 2020 - 3/23/2020 3:42:10 PM   
beo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dana Turner

The WR's I'd like to see the Vikings pick up in this years draft are Claypool and Tyler Johnson. I believe with the guys we already have and these two, we would have a solid WR room, with options in play calling as the year goes on. I believe Claypool will be there in the late second or early third and Johnson in the 4th or fifth.

I do not think the Vikings will draft twice in the first round. I see them trading one of their first picks and moving back, possibly getting an extra 2nd and third. If so, that would mean the options to get 6 players in the first 105 guys taken. All the holes would have an early draft option as possible help to plug in.

I think Claypool is risky... watching him he just seems a bit stiff like Treadwell...

Justin Jefferson and then a guy like Devin Duvernay I think would instantly fix your WR problems....

but what do I know.
Post #: 265
RE: NFL Draft 2020 - 3/23/2020 3:57:24 PM   
Dana Turner

quote:

ORIGINAL: beo

quote:

I think Claypool is risky... watching him he just seems a bit stiff like Treadwell...

Justin Jefferson and then a guy like Devin Duvernay I think would instantly fix your WR problems....

but what do I know.

Yea, the great thing about this draft is that you could get two guys in the first five rounds and there is really several combinations available, that that last video pointed out. It should be interesting!
Post #: 266
RE: NFL Draft 2020 - 3/23/2020 4:00:57 PM   
Phil Riewer

The problem with Rhodes and Waynes versus Hughes.....they are great at run support and were very good at man on man but no to very below average ball skills (Ints and Forced Fumbles).

Hughes and Ant Harris have ball skills which is why I wouldn't trade Harris and find another corner with those skills. You better get a CB with ability to make plays if you are spending a 1st/2nd round pick on them.

< Message edited by Phil Riewer -- 3/23/2020 4:02:25 PM >

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 267
RE: NFL Draft 2020 - 3/23/2020 4:36:42 PM   
Bruce Johnson

quote:

quote:

but what do I know.

Claypool might be switched to tight end. Maybe not.

Post #: 268
RE: NFL Draft 2020 - 3/23/2020 4:43:42 PM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

quote:

but what do I know.

Michigan WR Peoples-Jones is guy who was held back by bad QBing in college. Freak athlete.
Post #: 269
RE: NFL Draft 2020 - 3/23/2020 7:14:52 PM   
bstinger

IMHO Claypool sounds slow. No thanks.

"You guys are true athletes!"

--twinsfan
Post #: 270
RE: NFL Draft 2020 - 3/23/2020 8:07:49 PM   
beo

quote:

quote:

quote:

but what do I know.

Yea, the great thing about this draft is that you could get two guys in the first five rounds and there is really several combinations available, that that last video pointed out. It should be interesting!

Agreed... I'm somewhat optimistic about being able to fix WR.

I'm more concerned with CB.
Do existing guys step up?
Do we draft 1 high?
Is drafting 1 high enough?
Post #: 271
RE: NFL Draft 2020 - 3/23/2020 8:46:00 PM   
Bruce Johnson

The receiver with the highest upside is getting teams excited.

https://thevikingage.com/2020/03/23/why-minnesota-vikings-should-draft-lamb/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Post #: 272
RE: NFL Draft 2020 - 3/23/2020 9:09:52 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: bstinger

Claypool is very fast.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 273
RE: NFL Draft 2020 - 3/23/2020 9:12:15 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: bstinger

Claypool is very fast.

238 pounds and ran a 4.42. Plus a 40.5 inch vert. Only person his size that fast was Megatron.
https://www.nfl.com/prospects/chase-claypool?id=3219434c-4178-1009-34a1-bfb9899e5d84

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 274
RE: NFL Draft 2020 - 3/23/2020 9:46:24 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bruce Johnson

I read the comments related to that video. About half the people commenting considered him out of it for not including Chase Claypool in that group. Here's a typical comment.

Dabo Swinney
I think Chase Claypool is going to be great He has size 6’4 he has amazing Hands (watch any ND game) And speed he ran a 4 41 at the combine.

The other comments that stood out is people thought he way underrated Justin Jefferson. Thinking he was the third best WR in the draft over Ruggs.

Vikings love drafting the size/speed freak athletes. This is one with great production also. Just going by what I'm hearing. Off to watch some tape.
That will tell me if he's the next Treadwell, Megatron or Dillon Mitchell LOL.
EDIT: Watched Highlights and checked out his stats. Not Megatron for sure. He ran a great 40, but doesn't seem to play quite that fast.
He's not a Treadwell or Mitchell either. Gets separation a decent amount of the time and uses a huge TE like upper body to fend off defenders for contested balls.
He played 4 years of college and didn't do much until his senior year where he busted out. I got this from NFL.Com. Claypool became a household name in 13 starts during the 2019 campaign, as he was the team's leading receiver, grabbing 66 passes for 1,037 yards (15.7 per) and 13 touchdowns, which ranked in the top 10 nationally.
I would like him in the third round. Might not hate him in the 2nd and would be thrilled if we can get him in the 4th.

< Message edited by kgdabom -- 3/23/2020 10:02:18 PM >

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 275
Page:   <<   < prev  9 10 [11] 12 13   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: NFL Draft 2020 Page: <<   < prev  9 10 [11] 12 13   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode