Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: NFL Draft 2020

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: NFL Draft 2020 Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: NFL Draft 2020 - 1/22/2020 9:47:51 AM   
The Happy Norseman

Assuming Trader Rick signs a G (Thuney) and DT (Pierce) in FA:

1st - Mecki Becton OT
2nd - Raekwon Davis DT
3rd - Antoine Winfield Jr. S
4th - Damon Arnette CB

If the Cubs can win the World Series...
Post #: 26
RE: NFL Draft 2020 - 1/22/2020 9:56:02 AM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: The Happy Norseman

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

Brett Kollmann@BrettKollmann

Okay, now that I’m back from dinner and have enough booze in me to warm me up, here are my thoughts on today’s Senior Bowl practices in no particular order:

1- Michael Pittman Jr’s route savvy is a sight to behold. Tons of little nods, great releases, really dominated.

2- @Djack11_had himself A DAY during South practice. Gave every WR fits with his physicality in press. Even Van Jefferson was praising him post-practice. I saw him constantly shifting leverages late and reading routes before they were even run. Extremely smart corner.

3- Javon Kinlaw is somehow 315 but doesn’t look like it all. Dude is rocked up like crazy. Highly explosive. A bit of a bull in a china shop in 1v1s but he’s got limitless potential. Special athlete with very high motor on every rep.

4- Jordan Love had a great day. This was an excellent opportunity for him to showcase his arm in a cold and windy environment and he nailed it. His ball cut through the wind while others struggled, and had some excellent placement too. He’s one to watch for sure.

5- Lloyd Cushenberry had some really nice reps. He’s not the biggest guy but the way he drops anchor and out-leverages people in pass pro was really impressive. He got the better of Kinlaw and Davidson a few times.

6- Ben Bartch proved he belonged here. Very solid day.

7- Terrell Lewis’ ability to dominate with length and drive people into the QB with a one arm stab is fun to watch. He got Bartch on a nasty counter spin inside as well. Highly valuable body type and skillset as a 3-4 OLB. Can play him strong or weak side no problem.

If Jordan Love is available when the Vikes pick in the 1st they have to draft him. Otherwise, they should draft Jalen Hurst in the 2nd. The team needs to draft their QBOTF now.

Cousins is still relatively young. I see us using a 3rd round pick or later on QBotF. I like the guy the Patriots drafted last year and IIRC he was a 5th rounder or maybe a 4th.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 27
RE: NFL Draft 2020 - 1/22/2020 9:57:58 AM   
kgdabom

quote:

Assuming Trader Rick signs a G (Thuney) and DT (Pierce) in FA:

1st - Mecki Becton OT
2nd - Raekwon Davis DT
3rd - Antoine Winfield Jr. S
4th - Damon Arnette CB

I've seen Winfield mocked as early as the first but often in the third. 3rd would IMO be a steal. Make it happen.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 28
RE: NFL Draft 2020 - 1/22/2020 10:30:20 AM   
David Levine

quote:

quote:

Okay, now that I’m back from dinner and have enough booze in me to warm me up, here are my thoughts on today’s Senior Bowl practices in no particular order:

1- Michael Pittman Jr’s route savvy is a sight to behold. Tons of little nods, great releases, really dominated.

2- @Djack11_had himself A DAY during South practice. Gave every WR fits with his physicality in press. Even Van Jefferson was praising him post-practice. I saw him constantly shifting leverages late and reading routes before they were even run. Extremely smart corner.

3- Javon Kinlaw is somehow 315 but doesn’t look like it all. Dude is rocked up like crazy. Highly explosive. A bit of a bull in a china shop in 1v1s but he’s got limitless potential. Special athlete with very high motor on every rep.

4- Jordan Love had a great day. This was an excellent opportunity for him to showcase his arm in a cold and windy environment and he nailed it. His ball cut through the wind while others struggled, and had some excellent placement too. He’s one to watch for sure.

5- Lloyd Cushenberry had some really nice reps. He’s not the biggest guy but the way he drops anchor and out-leverages people in pass pro was really impressive. He got the better of Kinlaw and Davidson a few times.

7- Terrell Lewis’ ability to dominate with length and drive people into the QB with a one arm stab is fun to watch. He got Bartch on a nasty counter spin inside as well. Highly valuable body type and skillset as a 3-4 OLB. Can play him strong or weak side no problem.

If Jordan Love is available when the Vikes pick in the 1st they have to draft him. Otherwise, they should draft Jalen Hurst in the 2nd. The team needs to draft their QBOTF now.

Agreed.

We have no idea if Cousins will even be here after this year. We need to start grooming someone NOW.
Post #: 29
RE: NFL Draft 2020 - 1/22/2020 10:58:22 AM   
kgdabom

Daniel Jeremiah has the top 4 QBs going Burrow 1, Tua 5, Love 13, and Herbert 14. Maybe Herbert will slide or the Vikings can move up for him if drafting a QB is critical. This could revive Dillon Mitchell's hopes.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 30
RE: NFL Draft 2020 - 1/22/2020 11:45:46 AM   
Bruce Johnson

https://zonecoverage.com/2020/minnesota-vikings-news/senior-bowl-weigh-in-winners-day-1-standouts-and-vikings-interviewees/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 31
RE: NFL Draft 2020 - 1/23/2020 4:14:10 PM   
Bruce Johnson

Two names to look out for, Tristan wirfs and Andrew Thomas, both initially tackle prospects, both have potential to slide, due to being viewed as OG at the next level. Perfect for the Vikings

(Deshawn Vaughan on Twitter)

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 32
RE: NFL Draft 2020 - 1/23/2020 8:16:07 PM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: kgdabom

Daniel Jeremiah has the top 4 QBs going Burrow 1, Tua 5, Love 13, and Herbert 14. Maybe Herbert will slide or the Vikings can move up for him if drafting a QB is critical. This could revive Dillon Mitchell's hopes.

You mean this could revive your hopes to be right about him.

< Message edited by thebigo -- 1/26/2020 8:09:40 AM >
Post #: 33
RE: NFL Draft 2020 - 1/24/2020 12:11:23 AM   
Bruce Johnson

I'm thinking the top four QB prospects will all be long gone before #25, but maybe a top flight player at another position will fall to us. We do seem to have a lot of needs so I hope they choose a player who is highly rated on their board. At this point I am open for a lineman (either side), corner or even wide receiver. (probably in that order)

Post #: 34
RE: NFL Draft 2020 - 1/26/2020 6:59:14 AM   
Bruce Johnson

This seems to be a site for a lot of information.

https://thedraftnetwork.com/

Post #: 35
RE: NFL Draft 2020 - 1/26/2020 8:36:19 AM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: thebigo

quote:

You mean this could revive your hopes to be right about him.

Yes. I still swear the talent is there. I didn't imagine the film I saw of him.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 36
RE: NFL Draft 2020 - 1/26/2020 9:05:58 AM   
kgdabom

Last year the DailyNorseman's mock draft Database correctly predicted the Vikings selecting Garrett Bradbury.
https://www.dailynorseman.com/2019/4/25/18515453/2019-minnesota-vikings-mock-draft-database-final-version

IMO it's the best single source for all things Vikings Draft. Unfortunately they haven't got it going yet this year.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 37
RE: NFL Draft 2020 - 1/26/2020 9:11:45 AM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

quote:

Pass on Hurts.

He has always had a top notch Oline and skill guys to improve his stock. He's a backup at best in the NFL.
Post #: 38
RE: NFL Draft 2020 - 1/26/2020 10:19:29 AM   
Bill Jandro

quote:

Last year the DailyNorseman's mock draft Database correctly predicted the Vikings selecting Garrett Bradbury.
https://www.dailynorseman.com/2019/4/25/18515453/2019-minnesota-vikings-mock-draft-database-final-version

IMO it's the best single source for all things Vikings Draft. Unfortunately they haven't got it going yet this year.

FA has to play out first. Needs become clearer after that.

Add in the draft being moved back a month.

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 39
RE: NFL Draft 2020 - 1/26/2020 3:53:49 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Jandro

quote:

Wow, didn't realize the draft is in late May. Guess we'll move our rookie minicamp back as well, cause with that late draft there won't be any rookies on 3-5 May.
Post #: 40
RE: NFL Draft 2020 - 1/26/2020 3:55:50 PM   
Bill Jandro

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Johanesen

quote:

quote:

Wow, didn't realize the draft is in late May. Guess we'll move our rookie minicamp back as well, cause with that late draft there won't be any rookies on 3-5 May.

haha

It use to be early April. Yes it's like year 2 being in late April

Post #: 41
RE: NFL Draft 2020 - 1/26/2020 4:17:39 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Johanesen

quote:

quote:

haha

It use to be early April. Yes it's like year 2 being in late April

Uh, no.
Post #: 42
RE: NFL Draft 2020 - 1/26/2020 9:44:32 PM   
Bruce Johnson

What is new is they are hosting it in different cities each year now. This year it will be in Paradise. Paradise, Nevada that it is. A town adjacent to Las Vegas.

I expect that the Raiders will be very happy to play there for years to come. With them out of Oakland and the Niners playing in Santa Clara, which is actually closer to Oakland than San Francisco, maybe the Niners should change their name to the Bay Area 49'ers. I don't know. I suspect they will have no problems marketing their team, or did they have trouble filling seats only a year ago?

I checked and found this. The answer is yes. But again, having only one team instead of two should help them you would think.

https://www.businessinsider.com/nfl-attendance-down-2017-9

Post #: 43
RE: NFL Draft 2020 - 1/27/2020 4:08:23 PM   
jbusse

Readers of the DailyNorseman like Rick Spielman a lot, with a 79% approval rating in their poll. Kind of surprising to me. Above average is OK if you've been a Browns or Lions fan, but we've had plenty of good teams over the decades.

https://www.dailynorseman.com/2020/1/25/21082017/in-defense-of-rick-spielman
Post #: 44
RE: NFL Draft 2020 - 1/27/2020 5:19:57 PM   
kevinemmer

quote:

quote:

quote:

Agreed.

We have no idea if Cousins will even be here after this year. We need to start grooming someone NOW.

My son likes this kid Anthony Gordon from Washington State.

Projected as 4th Rounder.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBqtnbNMX8k

Looks accurate, quick release.
Post #: 45
RE: NFL Draft 2020 - 1/27/2020 7:25:19 PM   
Bruce Johnson

He has a good arm, too. Didn't see much running with the ball, but he looks like he can move.

Post #: 46
RE: NFL Draft 2020 - 1/27/2020 9:33:27 PM   
David Levine

quote:

ORIGINAL: kevinemmer

quote:

quote:

quote:

Agreed.

My son likes this kid Anthony Gordon from Washington State.

Projected as 4th Rounder.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBqtnbNMX8k

Looks accurate, quick release.

Arm Accuracy - He's got some terrific flashes on deeper routes and when he's in rhythm within the pocket. Lapses are more a byproduct of broken down throwing platform. He's got arm to throw from varied slots and release points and throw accurately and with needed touch.

Decision Making - Makes some pretty ambitious decisions, especially when boxed into the pocket. Needs to be willing to either throw ball away or take sacks to protect ball security and not play "hero" ball. Like his manipulation on half field reads vs. deep safeties and finding holes vs Cover 2 shell.

Progressions - Will get too keyed into his initial read and guide defenders in coverage to the throw. Processing speed isn't where you'd like it to be and reluctance to work quickly through full reads results in some late throws to check downs or to the mesh in Air Raid system.

Anticipation - Some of his spot throws are just tremendous. Shows great placement on vertical bucket throws but also into honey hole and versus squatters in zone coverage. Will throw receivers away from leveraged defenders to lead away from potential contested targets.

Poise - Got some gunslinger in him! He's pretty fearless under pressure other than wanting to avoid taking sacks. He'll go off script and get creative getting the ball out but he's willing to stand in versus pressure if he feels he's got a potential throw uncovering.

Arm Strength - Ball doesn't explode off his hand and if he tries to throw across his body the ball will die on him, but he's got enough juice to get ball home off his back foot when needed and generates PLENTY of zip for tight window throws in the red zone or when he's driving home the ball.

Pocket Awareness - Peripheral vision is strong and senses flashing defenders uncovering off the edge. Willing to climb in the pocket and has shown a willingness to keep eyes downfield. Will slide laterally to buy himself extra time before flushing and rolling away from pressure.

Mechanics - He's admittedly all over the map but he's a really natural thrower, love how he adjusts his release to cater to touch, velocity or having to throw around defenders and slot ball through creases at the LOS. Pretty quick release to snap the ball out when deciding to throw.

Footwork - Feet get happy when he's forced to stand in and doesn't feel like he's got a reliable escape route. He'll snap release too often and can definitely find some more zip by more consistently driving into throws. Flat footed within a clean pocket, eager to stand tall and survey.

Mobility - Has just enough to make you miss in one on one scenarios and long strides can open up when he's flushed out underneath to pick up some notable yardage. Will need to see how he retains fluid running skills when he adds some needed weight to his frame.

---

Best Trait - Arm Talent

Worst Trait - Progressions

Best Film - Houston (2019)

Worst Film - Washington (2019)

Red Flags - None

Player Summary - Anthony Gordon is an exciting developmental prospect with plenty of tools at his disposal. A one year starter, Gordon needs patience and development to master timing concepts, layered reads and consistency in his work within the pocket — yet he illustrates strong arm strength, one of the more live arms in the class and a natural sense for working (and thriving) off script. He's the preferred Early Day 3 developmental QB of the 2020 NFL Draft class.

Updated: 12/10/2019

https://thedraftnetwork.com/player/anthony-gordon/CiSAc6JO6a
Post #: 47
RE: NFL Draft 2020 - 1/28/2020 9:53:35 PM   
Bruce Johnson

The CB class in the 2020 #NFLDraft will be very tall:

• Trevon Diggs – 6’2”
• Cam Dantzler – 6’2”
• Lamar Jackson - 6’2”
• A.J. Terrell – 6’1”
• Jeff Okudah – 6’1”
• C.J. Henderson – 6’1”
• Bryce Hall – 6’1”
• AJ Green – 6’1”
• Fulton, Gladney, J. Johnson – 6’0” it

(Jordan Reed on Twitter)

Post #: 48
RE: NFL Draft 2020 - 1/29/2020 8:38:21 AM   
Bill Jandro

Jordan Love sounds like an interesting QB prospect

Problem is I don't think a GM on a lame duck contract will go QB with his first pick.

I think the Wilf's either need to ext Spielman or move on.

Post #: 49
RE: NFL Draft 2020 - 1/29/2020 8:54:56 AM   
Brad H

Boy, it's been quite some time since I was in here. Missed most of the season with you folks.

Well, 12 months later, many of the same problems still exist. We still have an immobile quarterback and don't have the offensive line to block for him. It's tough to win 2-3 big games in a row that way.

Anybody in here still think Elflein can play? He should have been on the chopping block 18 months ago.

Kirk Cousins? Nice guy, but not a great quarterback in the year 2020.

Thielen? Disappeared when we needed him again.

Defense starts at the corners!
Post #: 50
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: NFL Draft 2020 Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode