Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: NFL Draft 2020

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: NFL Draft 2020 Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: NFL Draft 2020 - 1/29/2020 9:26:17 AM   
Bill Jandro

Good to see you posting again Brad.

No Elflain can't block. He needs to be put on the bench.

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 51
RE: NFL Draft 2020 - 1/29/2020 9:31:09 AM   
Brad H

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Jandro

Good to see you posting again Brad.

No Elflain can't block. He needs to be put on the bench.

Good to be back. Just been super busy.

Defense starts at the corners!
Post #: 52
RE: NFL Draft 2020 - 1/29/2020 9:40:32 AM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: Brad H

Boy, it's been quite some time since I was in here. Missed most of the season with you folks.

Well, 12 months later, many of the same problems still exist. We still have an immobile quarterback and don't have the offensive line to block for him. It's tough to win 2-3 big games in a row that way.

Anybody in here still think Elflein can play? He should have been on the chopping block 18 months ago.

Kirk Cousins? Nice guy, but not a great quarterback in the year 2020.

Thielen? Disappeared when we needed him again.

Thielen did have a great game once after coming back from the injury, but mostly he was not the same. Have you ever admitted to being wrong about Thielen? I'm sure having you around will lead to some nice juicy conversation's this offseason.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 53
RE: NFL Draft 2020 - 1/29/2020 10:27:38 AM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

Boy, it's been quite some time since I was in here. Missed most of the season with you folks.

Well, 12 months later, many of the same problems still exist. We still have an immobile quarterback and don't have the offensive line to block for him. It's tough to win 2-3 big games in a row that way.

Anybody in here still think Elflein can play? He should have been on the chopping block 18 months ago.

Good to see you back.

You didn't see the Saints' game.

Everyone disappeared in SF.
Post #: 54
RE: NFL Draft 2020 - 1/29/2020 12:05:07 PM   
Brad H

quote:

ORIGINAL: kgdabom

quote:

Thielen did have a great game once after coming back from the injury, but mostly he was not the same. Have you ever admitted to being wrong about Thielen? I'm sure having you around will lead to some nice juicy conversation's this offseason.

Thielen had 42 catches in 12 games this season, 30 during the regular season. He had two games over 75 yards for the entire year. His worst season since 2015. Breshad Perriman had more catches.

Why? Because corners have figured him out. He's just a guy.

< Message edited by Brad H -- 1/29/2020 12:08:01 PM >

Post #: 55
RE: NFL Draft 2020 - 1/29/2020 12:22:20 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

quote:

quote:

Thielen had 42 catches in 12 games this season, 30 during the regular season. He had two games over 75 yards for the entire year. His worst season since 2015. Breshad Perriman had more catches.

Yep. Big, fast, strong, great route runner and great hands equals a guy who should be running a sunglass hut. You neglected to mention that at least two of those 12 games were for about one play each and maybe coming back from injury limited him. You hold onto that thinking because it is fun mocking you for it.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 56
RE: NFL Draft 2020 - 1/29/2020 12:29:32 PM   
Brad H

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Yep. Big, fast, strong, great route runner and great hands equals a guy who should be running a sunglass hut. You neglected to mention that at least two of those 12 games were for about one play each and maybe coming back from injury limited him. You hold onto that thinking because it is fun mocking you for it.

He made $138k per catch in 2019. Hard to justify that.

Post #: 57
RE: NFL Draft 2020 - 1/29/2020 1:26:22 PM   
Bruce Johnson

He has been a tremendous value throughout his career beginning as an undrafted free agent. Last year he was one of the premier receivers in the league. Although he missed a number of games due to injury this season, he made a huge play in our victory over the Saints in overtime.

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 58
RE: NFL Draft 2020 - 1/29/2020 4:44:39 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bruce Johnson

He has been a tremendous value throughout his career beginning as an undrafted free agent. Last year he was one of the premier receivers in the league. Although he missed a number of games due to injury this season, he made a huge play in our victory over the Saints in overtime.

That was his one good game after returning from injury.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 59
RE: NFL Draft 2020 - 1/29/2020 4:55:51 PM   
kgdabom

Latest CBS mock has the Saints drafting Jordan Love one spot in front of us. If this holds true would any of us have preferred losing that game?
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2020-nfl-mock-draft-saints-replace-drew-brees-with-jordan-love-eagles-add-speed-to-receiver-group/

Vikings take Safety Xavier McKinney
Xavier McKinney S
ALABAMA • JR • 6'1" / 200 LBS
PROJECTED TEAM
Minnesota
PROSPECT RNK
21st
POSITION RNK
2nd
The Vikings aren't in a stellar cap situation, and could lose Anthony Harris to the free-agent market. If so, Rick Spielman goes safety to instantly bring a multi-faceted play-maker to the secondary.

< Message edited by kgdabom -- 1/29/2020 4:57:46 PM >

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 60
RE: NFL Draft 2020 - 1/29/2020 5:04:54 PM   
kgdabom

Walter Football has Love going at pick 38

Carolina Panthers: Jordan Love, QB, Utah State
New Panthers owner Bobby Axelrod has said that he wants to trade Cam Newton. If that happens, he'll obviously need a new quarterback because Kyle Allen is just a high-end backup.

Jordan Love has a great physical skill set, but he has poor pocket awareness and field vision.

And Antoine Winfield at 39
Miami Dolphins: Antoine Winfield Jr., S, Minnesota
This is the selection the Lions acquired from the Dolphins in the first-round trade.

The Lions should continue to bolster their defense. Two selections for the secondary make sense to begin the 2020 NFL Draft.

Antoine Winfield is a ball-hawking play-maker. This Web site is so old that we used to write about his dad!

Pick change; previously Kenny Willekes, DE

< Message edited by kgdabom -- 1/29/2020 5:05:58 PM >

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 61
RE: NFL Draft 2020 - 1/29/2020 6:32:23 PM   
Bruce Johnson

quote:

quote:

That was his one good game after returning from injury.

He fumbled, too, but at least he did come up huge in overtime. I can't express how happy I was when we were able to score on the toss to Rudolph. I shouted really loud in a room full of people.

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 62
RE: NFL Draft 2020 - 1/29/2020 6:34:55 PM   
Bruce Johnson

quote:

Latest CBS mock has the Saints drafting Jordan Love one spot in front of us. If this holds true would any of us have preferred losing that game?
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2020-nfl-mock-draft-saints-replace-drew-brees-with-jordan-love-eagles-add-speed-to-receiver-group/

Xavier McKinney S
PROJECTED TEAM
Minnesota
PROSPECT RNK
21st
POSITION RNK
2nd
The Vikings aren't in a stellar cap situation, and could lose Anthony Harris to the free-agent market. If so, Rick Spielman goes safety to instantly bring a multi-faceted play-maker to the secondary.

I am not inspired with the choice of a safety in the first round. We will not be able to select again until the end of the second round and we need help on the lines and at corner. Maybe we will find a way to keep Harris. It's possible! I bet he would prefer to stay here.

Post #: 63
RE: NFL Draft 2020 - 1/29/2020 7:07:19 PM   
Bruce Johnson

What do you say to this?

https://twitter.com/PFF_Vikings/status/1222683273643479040?s=20

https://thedraftnetwork.com/player/derrick-brown/pApm8s4Bhi

The only problem is that he will be long gone.

Post #: 64
RE: NFL Draft 2020 - 1/29/2020 7:11:07 PM   
Bruce Johnson

This one is more likely. I'm not sure how likely.

https://thedraftnetwork.com/player/neville-gallimore

Post #: 65
RE: NFL Draft 2020 - 1/29/2020 7:14:05 PM   
Bruce Johnson

Or this one.

https://thedraftnetwork.com/player/justin-madubuike/xpRhCFjTkz

Post #: 66
RE: NFL Draft 2020 - 1/29/2020 7:26:12 PM   
thebigo

I see MOTO (Master of the obvious) is back.
Post #: 67
RE: NFL Draft 2020 - 1/29/2020 9:14:43 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

quote:

Xavier McKinney S
PROJECTED TEAM
Minnesota
PROSPECT RNK
21st
POSITION RNK
2nd

I am not inspired with the choice of a safety in the first round. We will not be able to select again until the end of the second round and we need help on the lines and at corner. Maybe we will find a way to keep Harris. It's possible! I bet he would prefer to stay here.

I'm sure that Drafting McKinney means Harris is gone. If Harris is gone and likely Kearse also it makes all the sense in the world to draft McKinney.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 68
RE: NFL Draft 2020 - 1/29/2020 9:16:55 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

What do you say to this?

Sure, but it would be shocking to see him last until 25 and I probably wouldn't approve of the cost to move up.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 69
RE: NFL Draft 2020 - 1/29/2020 10:22:24 PM   
Bruce Johnson

quote:

quote:

What do you say to this?

Sure, but it would be shocking to see him last until 25 and I probably wouldn't approve of the cost to move up.

I agree.

Post #: 70
RE: NFL Draft 2020 - 1/30/2020 8:53:34 PM   
Bruce Johnson

A development that is not good for our favorite team.

https://www.dailynorseman.com/2020/1/30/21115583/2020-nfl-draft-change-minnesota-vikings-potential-selections

Post #: 71
RE: NFL Draft 2020 - 1/31/2020 10:37:50 AM   
kgdabom

quote:

A development that is not good for our favorite team.

https://www.dailynorseman.com/2020/1/30/21115583/2020-nfl-draft-change-minnesota-vikings-potential-selections

Switching from a 3rd round pick to a 4th round would be a bummer.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 72
RE: NFL Draft 2020 - 2/1/2020 7:57:55 AM   
Bruce Johnson

Sill too early, I guess, because we haven't had the combine or the individual workouts. Still, it looks like the Vikings should be able to get a good player when I go through this list.

https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles/kyle-crabbs--2020-nfl-draft-big-boardposition-rankings

Post #: 73
RE: NFL Draft 2020 - 2/1/2020 8:32:53 AM   
Arlowe84

quote:

Xavier McKinney S
PROJECTED TEAM
Minnesota
PROSPECT RNK
21st
POSITION RNK
2nd

I thought NO was enamored with Hill as their QOTF?

I think Love would be the type of guy to take a shot on. He may not be the best QB ready guy, but Cousins would be. a great guy to learn from.
As much as Cousins may be limited in some areas, seems like a great guy who would be a good mentor.
Post #: 74
RE: NFL Draft 2020 - 2/1/2020 10:23:49 AM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: Arlowe84

quote:

Xavier McKinney S
PROJECTED TEAM
Minnesota
PROSPECT RNK
21st
POSITION RNK
2nd

I thought NO was enamored with Hill as their QOTF?

I think Love would be the type of guy to take a shot on. He may not be the best QB ready guy, but Cousins would be. a great guy to learn from.
As much as Cousins may be limited in some areas, seems like a great guy who would be a good mentor.

I agree with your thoughts, but it's so seldom that first round QBs go through a mentoring phase any more.

< Message edited by kgdabom -- 2/1/2020 10:26:03 AM >

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 75
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: NFL Draft 2020 Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode