Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: NFL Draft 2020

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: NFL Draft 2020 Page: <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: NFL Draft 2020 - 2/8/2020 7:34:12 AM   
Bill Jandro

Reager sounds like the kind of guy we need.

However, there is this: Team sources say that Reagor has no clue how to run a route

Plus his speed 4.29 will push him up draft boards to a late 1st rd pick.

I don't want to waste another top pick on a wr who can't run routes.

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 101
RE: NFL Draft 2020 - 2/8/2020 10:03:33 AM   
kwheats

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Jandro

Reager sounds like the kind of guy we need.

However, there is this: Team sources say that Reagor has no clue how to run a route

Plus his speed 4.29 will push him up draft boards to a late 1st rd pick.

I don't want to waste another top pick on a wr who can't run routes.

I'm thinking some of his negatives will push him down close to us in the second round. Looks like Percy Harvin at times to me!!!
Post #: 102
RE: NFL Draft 2020 - 2/8/2020 1:22:18 PM   
Bill Jandro

Give me some Percy!

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 103
RE: NFL Draft 2020 - 2/8/2020 5:04:14 PM   
Bruce Johnson

It still feels early to be singling out players for the draft, but holy crap this guy is like a bully on the football field. We would want to go to war with a rival with a guy like this on our side. l

https://vikingsterritory.com/2020/analysis/46543

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 104
RE: NFL Draft 2020 - 2/8/2020 11:35:44 PM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bruce Johnson

It still feels early to be singling out players for the draft, but holy crap this guy is like a bully on the football field. We would want to go to war with a rival with a guy like this on our side. l

https://vikingsterritory.com/2020/analysis/46543

If his ceiling really is Bryant Mckinnie, then color me not that excited about him.
Post #: 105
RE: NFL Draft 2020 - 2/9/2020 10:00:24 AM   
Bruce Johnson

McKinnie didn't show any of this kind of fighting spirit for the Vikings.

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 106
RE: NFL Draft 2020 - 2/16/2020 8:04:52 PM   
Bruce Johnson

Wide Receivers will forever be my favorite position to evaluate. This class really does feel like one of the better ones we've seen in the last decade...maybe the best.

Really hope the #Vikings can come away with at least one of the top (10-ish) guys in this class.

(Purple Post on Twitter)

Post #: 107
RE: NFL Draft 2020 - 2/16/2020 8:20:01 PM   
Bruce Johnson

This receiver is fast. His 40 time in high school was 4.38. He might go in the third round according to one source. I think he might go in the second round. Kentucky used him in many different ways including as a return man, which we need. Versatile.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJIOfGGkzS0

Post #: 108
RE: NFL Draft 2020 - 2/17/2020 8:33:11 AM   
Bruce Johnson

We all know that one or more of these players will be wearing Purple.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2020-nfl-draft-offensive-line-rankings-jedrick-wills-at-no-1-in-second-best-position-group-in-the-class/

Post #: 109
RE: NFL Draft 2020 - 2/17/2020 12:30:38 PM   
Bruce Johnson

Do you feel like a mock draft?

https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles/mock-draft-nfl-solak-5.0

Post #: 110
RE: NFL Draft 2020 - 2/17/2020 4:22:36 PM   
Bruce Johnson

I found this take on the draft to be real interesting:

https://twitter.com/MSPathletics/status/1229404102712492033?s=09

Post #: 111
RE: NFL Draft 2020 - 2/17/2020 4:31:27 PM   
Steve Lentz

Good finds Bruce!

" I believe empathy is the most essential quality of civilization"
Post #: 112
RE: NFL Draft 2020 - 2/17/2020 9:26:40 PM   
Brad H

My Draft:

Rd. 1 Shane Lemieux, G, Oregon
Rd. 2 Prince Tega Wanogho, OT, Auburn
Rd. 3 Troy Pride, CB, Notre Dame
Rd. 4 Jalen Hurts, QB, Oklahoma

After that, nothing matters.

Defense starts at the corners!
Post #: 113
RE: NFL Draft 2020 - 2/19/2020 10:05:19 AM   
Bruce Johnson

Paul Allen predicts a CB to be the first pick, and added that if the Vikings go with an offensive lineman it will be a tackle- not a guard or a center. He added that the Vikings may go with a DE early in the draft.

Post #: 114
RE: NFL Draft 2020 - 2/19/2020 10:14:05 AM   
Brad H

quote:

Paul Allen predicts a CB to be the first pick, and added that if the Vikings go with an offensive lineman it will be a tackle- not a guard or a center. He added that the Vikings may go with a DE early in the draft.

The problem with the Vikings is not the defense. The problem is an offensive line that can't keep their statue of a quarterback upright. Why would you not plan to keep your biggest investment healthy? It's really puzzling to me.

< Message edited by Brad H -- 2/19/2020 10:15:42 AM >

Defense starts at the corners!
Post #: 115
RE: NFL Draft 2020 - 2/19/2020 10:29:41 AM   
David F.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Brad H

quote:

The problem with the Vikings is not the defense. The problem is an offensive line that can't keep their statue of a quarterback upright. Why would you not plan to keep your biggest investment healthy? It's really puzzling to me.

In fairness they at least tried with the Bradbury pick. Granted it didn't work out so far. I'm not sure if we can call him a bust yet but he certainly didn't meet expectations. There's no excuse for Elflein. They knew what they had with him and still went forward with him as the starter. Shame on them. Rieff gave us the mediocrity that we knew we had in him. It would have been enough except for the utter failures in the two spots next to him. Surprisingly the right side of the line was really good.

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 116
RE: NFL Draft 2020 - 2/19/2020 10:46:15 AM   
thebigo

quote:

quote:

You'll fill us in with the info on the injuries Cousins has suffered/games he has missed in his 2 seasons with the Vikings.
Post #: 117
RE: NFL Draft 2020 - 2/19/2020 10:57:33 AM   
David F.

quote:

ORIGINAL: thebigo

quote:

quote:

You'll fill us in with the info on the injuries Cousins has suffered/games he has missed in his 2 seasons with the Vikings.

Effectiveness not injuries. The book on how to beat the Vikings is to neutralize Cook and pressure the QB. Then on offense pound the ball at our interior DL and then exploit Rhodes in coverage or create a mismatch in coverage with Barr.

To reverse this we either need a better OL or a QB with escapeability. On defense we need(ed) to replace Rhodes and take chances with run blitzes to help our interior DL.

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 118
RE: NFL Draft 2020 - 2/19/2020 11:27:32 AM   
Jeff Jesser

quote:

My Draft:

Rd. 1 Shane Lemieux, G, Oregon
Rd. 2 Prince Tega Wanogho, OT, Auburn
Rd. 3 Troy Pride, CB, Notre Dame
Rd. 4 Jalen Hurts, QB, Oklahoma

After that, nothing matters.

I highly doubt Hurts makes it to the 4th though. He'd be a steal there if he did.
Post #: 119
RE: NFL Draft 2020 - 2/19/2020 12:28:29 PM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

ORIGINAL: David F.

quote:

quote:

In fairness they at least tried with the Bradbury pick. Granted it didn't work out so far. I'm not sure if we can call him a bust yet but he certainly didn't meet expectations. There's no excuse for Elflein. They knew what they had with him and still went forward with him as the starter. Shame on them. Rieff gave us the mediocrity that we knew we had in him. It would have been enough except for the utter failures in the two spots next to him. Surprisingly the right side of the line was really good.

Really hope we don't go with the Reiff to LG experiment.

Find a Guard in 1st wave of FA or get one at least by 2nd round of Draft.
Post #: 120
RE: NFL Draft 2020 - 2/19/2020 12:29:08 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

quote:

For once in my life I agree with you.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 121
RE: NFL Draft 2020 - 2/19/2020 12:30:53 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Effectiveness not injuries. The book on how to beat the Vikings is to neutralize Cook and pressure the QB. Then on offense pound the ball at our interior DL and then exploit Rhodes in coverage or create a mismatch in coverage with Barr.

To reverse this we either need a better OL or a QB with escapeability. On defense we need(ed) to replace Rhodes and take chances with run blitzes to help our interior DL.

You mean like the guy we had before Cousins?

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 122
RE: NFL Draft 2020 - 2/19/2020 12:40:16 PM   
David F.

quote:

ORIGINAL: kgdabom

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

You mean like the guy we had before Cousins?

Him with a stronger arm.

Post #: 123
RE: NFL Draft 2020 - 2/19/2020 1:00:00 PM   
The Happy Norseman

Bored at work...so:

Based on a bunch of mock drafts I've seen (pre combine) how about:

1. Andrew Thomas, OT, Georgia (If he gets by Miami at 18 should be there at 25)
2. Raekwon Davis, DT, Alabama (Davis has all the tools but underachieved at AL - although not because of effort apparently. Andre Patterson could make him a first year Pro Bowler.)
3. Jalen Hurts, QB, Oklahoma (Could be the next Russell Wilson, or the next Terrelle Pryor. Gotta take the chance as the Vikings can't be stuck with Cousins as the only option after next year.)
4. Troy Pride, CB, ND (Underachieved at ND but has all the physical tools. Had a great Senior Bowl so draft stock might rise.)
4. Solomon Kindley, OG, Georgia (Time to draft some extremely strong guards who won't get pushed around on the line.)

Vikings 2020 OL: Thomas (R), Thuney (FA), Bradbury, Klein, O'Neill
Vikings 2020 DL: Odenigbo, Davis (R), Chris Jones (FA), Hunter
Vikings 2020 CB/S: Hughes, Hill, Darqueze Dennard (FA), Smith, Jimmie Ward (FA)

Out: Joseph, Griffin, Reiff, Waynes, Alexander, Rhodes, Harris

If the Cubs can win the World Series...
Post #: 124
RE: NFL Draft 2020 - 2/19/2020 1:13:23 PM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

ORIGINAL: The Happy Norseman

Bored at work...so:

Based on a bunch of mock drafts I've seen (pre combine) how about:

1. Andrew Thomas, OT, Georgia (If he gets by Miami at 18 should be there at 25)
2. Raekwon Davis, DT, Alabama (Davis has all the tools but underachieved at AL - although not because of effort apparently. Andre Patterson could make him a first year Pro Bowler.)
3. Jalen Hurts, QB, Oklahoma (Could be the next Russell Wilson, or the next Terrelle Pryor. Gotta take the chance as the Vikings can't be stuck with Cousins as the only option after next year.)
4. Troy Pride, CB, ND (Underachieved at ND but has all the physical tools. Had a great Senior Bowl so draft stock might rise.)
4. Solomon Kindley, OG, Georgia (Time to draft some extremely strong guards who won't get pushed around on the line.)

Vikings 2020 OL: Thomas (R), Thuney (FA), Bradbury, Klein, O'Neill
Vikings 2020 DL: Odenigbo, Davis (R), Chris Jones (FA), Hunter
Vikings 2020 CB/S: Hughes, Hill, Darqueze Dennard (FA), Smith, Jimmie Ward (FA)

Out: Joseph, Griffin, Reiff, Waynes, Alexander, Rhodes, Harris

Looks good if we had 60M under cap.

Thuney and Jones will get huge deals. Ward will get a nice sized deal also.
Post #: 125
Page:   <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: NFL Draft 2020 Page: <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode