Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: NFL Draft 2020

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: NFL Draft 2020 Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: NFL Draft 2020 - 2/1/2020 10:31:58 AM   
David Levine

quote:

ORIGINAL: Arlowe84

quote:

ORIGINAL: kgdabom

Latest CBS mock has the Saints drafting Jordan Love one spot in front of us. If this holds true would any of us have preferred losing that game?
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2020-nfl-mock-draft-saints-replace-drew-brees-with-jordan-love-eagles-add-speed-to-receiver-group/

Vikings take Safety Xavier McKinney
Xavier McKinney S
ALABAMA • JR • 6'1" / 200 LBS
PROJECTED TEAM
Minnesota
PROSPECT RNK
21st
POSITION RNK
2nd
The Vikings aren't in a stellar cap situation, and could lose Anthony Harris to the free-agent market. If so, Rick Spielman goes safety to instantly bring a multi-faceted play-maker to the secondary.

I thought NO was enamored with Hill as their QOTF?

I think Love would be the type of guy to take a shot on. He may not be the best QB ready guy, but Cousins would be. a great guy to learn from.
As much as Cousins may be limited in some areas, seems like a great guy who would be a good mentor.

This from 4 days ago:

quote:

“As one source explained it to PFT, the Saints wants Brees back for what would essentially become a transition year, from Brees to Taysom Hill with Hill becoming the starter in 2021. Even if Brees comes back, Hill will be used much more extensively as part of the team’s offense in 2020 — especially in light of some private regret that, if Hill had been utilized just a little bit more in the wild-card loss to the Vikings, the Saints quite likely would have won the game.”

Also, I had no idea that Hill will turn 30 before the season starts.

That's seems pretty old to be grooming a guy who has attempted 15 total passes in the NFL.
Post #: 76
RE: NFL Draft 2020 - 2/1/2020 11:28:12 AM   
Bill Jandro

Might be smoke n mirrors so no one jumps in front of them if Love slips to them.

Hill is nothing more than a gadget guy.

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 77
RE: NFL Draft 2020 - 2/1/2020 12:20:28 PM   
Bruce Johnson

One or more of these players will be a Viking.

https://www.pff.com/news/draft-2020-nfl-draft-position-rankings-interior-offensive-linemen

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 78
RE: NFL Draft 2020 - 2/1/2020 3:26:47 PM   
Bruce Johnson

One thing I've noticed is that these draft boards are all over the place from writer to writer. I'm sure there will be more uniformity as we approach draft day.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001098476/article/daniel-jeremiahs-top-50-2020-nfl-draft-prospect-rankings-10

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 79
RE: NFL Draft 2020 - 2/2/2020 1:54:18 PM   
Mark Anderson

Check out WR Ruggs from Alabama.

That is our speed guy compliment to Diggs and Thielen.
Post #: 80
RE: NFL Draft 2020 - 2/2/2020 2:22:44 PM   
Pager

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mark Anderson

quote:

WR Ruggs from Alabama

Looks like he has some Chiefs Hill in him for sure. Needs to work on route running and release - but looks like an instant contributor. Ruggs, Thielan, Diggs, Irv, Cook. That would be an insane group.

Early rankings looks like he could make it to 25. I view DT, IOL, CB as bigger needs, think we should take BPA in those areas.

Left picking up the pieces.
Post #: 81
RE: NFL Draft 2020 - 2/2/2020 2:43:02 PM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Pager

quote:

quote:

WR Ruggs from Alabama

Looks like he has some Chiefs Hill in him for sure. Needs to work on route running and release - but looks like an instant contributor. Ruggs, Thielan, Diggs, Irv, Cook. That would be an insane group.

Early rankings looks like he could make it to 25. I view DT, IOL, CB as bigger needs, think we should take BPA in those areas.

I'm not saying Ruggs is Moss but he(Moss) made the whole team better even though we had bigger needs back in 1998(CB, DE).

The same could apply here. Make the offense unbelievable and the other areas improve because the teams we play are behind and have to become one dimensional.
Post #: 82
RE: NFL Draft 2020 - 2/2/2020 4:37:42 PM   
Bill Jandro

Can Ruggs return punts?

We could use an alternative to Hughes. Doubt they bring Sherels back.

Post #: 83
RE: NFL Draft 2020 - 2/2/2020 5:00:18 PM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Jandro

Can Ruggs return punts?

We could use an alternative to Hughes. Doubt they bring Sherels back.

I'm glad Sherels fumble wasn't a game changer. We were toast anyway.

He probably should retire. Overachiever who had a solid career.
Post #: 84
RE: NFL Draft 2020 - 2/3/2020 8:08:42 AM   
Burns

Look at the highlights for Netane Muti, this gentleman has some finish to him. Probably the most enjoyable guard footage I have ever watched. I think IHOP should hire him as their pancake machine.

If this cat can stay healthy, he would be someone I would love to see in purple.

I’m ready for a return to the black-and-blue division.

Warrior Sapper 12B Combat Engineer
Post #: 85
RE: NFL Draft 2020 - 2/3/2020 10:34:11 AM   
Brad H

quote:

Might be smoke n mirrors so no one jumps in front of them if Love slips to them.

A gadget guy with 41 touchdowns in 59 career games. And lets not forget, he only started one game his rookie season.

That's a pretty effective gadget.

< Message edited by Brad H -- 2/3/2020 10:38:06 AM >

Defense starts at the corners!
Post #: 86
RE: NFL Draft 2020 - 2/3/2020 10:40:25 AM   
David Levine

quote:

ORIGINAL: Brad H

quote:

A gadget guy with 41 touchdowns in 59 career games. And lets not forget, he only started one game his rookie season.

That's a pretty effective gadget.

There is no doubt he's a terrific weapon.

But do you think he can be a starting QB?
Post #: 87
RE: NFL Draft 2020 - 2/3/2020 10:42:18 AM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

quote:

quote:

Latest CBS mock has the Saints drafting Jordan Love one spot in front of us. If this holds true would any of us have preferred losing that game?
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2020-nfl-mock-draft-saints-replace-drew-brees-with-jordan-love-eagles-add-speed-to-receiver-group/

Xavier McKinney S
PROJECTED TEAM
Minnesota
PROSPECT RNK
21st
POSITION RNK
2nd
The Vikings aren't in a stellar cap situation, and could lose Anthony Harris to the free-agent market. If so, Rick Spielman goes safety to instantly bring a multi-faceted play-maker to the secondary.

I think Love would be the type of guy to take a shot on. He may not be the best QB ready guy, but Cousins would be. a great guy to learn from.
As much as Cousins may be limited in some areas, seems like a great guy who would be a good mentor.

This from 4 days ago:

quote:

“As one source explained it to PFT, the Saints wants Brees back for what would essentially become a transition year, from Brees to Taysom Hill with Hill becoming the starter in 2021. Even if Brees comes back, Hill will be used much more extensively as part of the team’s offense in 2020 — especially in light of some private regret that, if Hill had been utilized just a little bit more in the wild-card loss to the Vikings, the Saints quite likely would have won the game.”

That's seems pretty old to be grooming a guy who has attempted 15 total passes in the NFL.

Speaking of ages, Anthony Harris will be 29 in Oct.
Post #: 88
RE: NFL Draft 2020 - 2/3/2020 10:47:29 AM   
David Levine

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Johanesen

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

quote:

quote:

Xavier McKinney S
PROJECTED TEAM
Minnesota
PROSPECT RNK
21st
POSITION RNK
2nd

This from 4 days ago:

quote:

Speaking of ages, Anthony Harris will be 29 in Oct.

I'm always surprised when I see his age I guess because he didn't play much his first 3 years.

Even so, I'm 100% OK with paying him through his age 32 or 33 season. It seems like you'd get full value out of that deal.
Post #: 89
RE: NFL Draft 2020 - 2/3/2020 5:18:04 PM   
Bill Jandro

Didn't realize he was that old either.

Knowing his age I doubt he gives a hometown discount. Nor should he. This will probably be his only real opportunity for a big pay day.

Post #: 90
RE: NFL Draft 2020 - 2/4/2020 11:51:24 AM   
Pauldiercks1

quote:

Knowing his age I doubt he gives a hometown discount. Nor should he. This will probably be his only real opportunity for a big pay day.

I think he fits best doing exactly was he has been. Possibly increase his role and snaps. He can be quite effective coming in as an all around rotational player. We couldn't stop him at all, he would be easier to plan for if restricted to playing a specific position. His versatility to fill multiple positions without a drop off is amazing and a good thing to have.
Post #: 91
RE: NFL Draft 2020 - 2/4/2020 1:52:03 PM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Pauldiercks1

quote:

I think he fits best doing exactly was he has been. Possibly increase his role and snaps. He can be quite effective coming in as an all around rotational player. We couldn't stop him at all, he would be easier to plan for if restricted to playing a specific position. His versatility to fill multiple positions without a drop off is amazing and a good thing to have.

Who are you talking about?
Post #: 92
RE: NFL Draft 2020 - 2/4/2020 2:02:50 PM   
David Levine

quote:

ORIGINAL: thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Pauldiercks1

quote:

Who are you talking about?

Apparently he's still stuck back on Hill and missed the pivot to Harris.
Post #: 93
RE: NFL Draft 2020 - 2/4/2020 6:16:53 PM   
Dana Turner

quote:

ORIGINAL: Burns

Look at the highlights for Netane Muti, this gentleman has some finish to him. Probably the most enjoyable guard footage I have ever watched. I think IHOP should hire him as their pancake machine.

If this cat can stay healthy, he would be someone I would love to see in purple.

I’m ready for a return to the black-and-blue division.

Yep, this guy would easily be on the top of the heap if it wasn't for the injury concerns and those concerns are legit. He's a guy that you take early if you have three or four picks in the first two rounds and can gamble. If he turns out to able to stay healthy, he's got the looks of a mean, nasty, back alley kind of guard, the kind I'd love to have two of on our line!
Post #: 94
RE: NFL Draft 2020 - 2/5/2020 3:06:07 PM   
Bruce Johnson

This is per Irv Smith Jr. The Goat on Twitter. He has done a ranking at each position. Here is the most interesting one to me, but you might like his QB rankings or CB rankings better. Shoot. I'll show those too.

OL Power Rankings:

1. Jedrick Wills Jr. ALA
2. Andrew Thomas UGA
3. Tristan Wirfs IOWA
4. Mekhi Becton LOU
5. Josh Jones HOU
6. Tyler Biadasz WIS
7. Austin Jackson USC
8. Creed Humphrey OU
9. Ben Bredeson MICH
10. Prince Tega Wanogho AUB

Since season is over here are my QB Power Rankings for the 2020 NFL Draft:

1. Joe Burrow LSU
2. Justin Herbert ORE
3. Jordan Love USU
4. Tua Tagovailoa ALA
5. Jake Fromm UGA
6. Jacob Eason WASH
7. Jalen Hurts OU
8. Anthony Gordon WSU
9. Nate Stanley IOWA
10. Tyler Huntley UTAH

And I couldn't find a CB ranking. I messaged him to double check when that comes out.

Post #: 95
RE: NFL Draft 2020 - 2/5/2020 8:25:45 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bruce Johnson

This is per Irv Smith Jr. The Goat on Twitter. He has done a ranking at each position. Here is the most interesting one to me, but you might like his QB rankings or CB rankings better. Shoot. I'll show those too.

OL Power Rankings:

1. Jedrick Wills Jr. ALA
2. Andrew Thomas UGA
3. Tristan Wirfs IOWA
4. Mekhi Becton LOU
5. Josh Jones HOU
6. Tyler Biadasz WIS
7. Austin Jackson USC
8. Creed Humphrey OU
9. Ben Bredeson MICH

1. Joe Burrow LSU
2. Justin Herbert ORE
3. Jordan Love USU
4. Tua Tagovailoa ALA
5. Jake Fromm UGA
6. Jacob Eason WASH
7. Jalen Hurts OU
8. Anthony Gordon WSU
9. Nate Stanley IOWA
10. Tyler Huntley UTAH

And I couldn't find a CB ranking. I messaged him to double check when that comes out.

Will Irv be able to show his face at Bama again after rating Tua only the 4th best QB of this draft class?

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 96
RE: NFL Draft 2020 - 2/5/2020 11:57:43 PM   
Bruce Johnson

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bruce Johnson

OL Power Rankings:

1. Jedrick Wills Jr. ALA
2. Andrew Thomas UGA
3. Tristan Wirfs IOWA
4. Mekhi Becton LOU
5. Josh Jones HOU
6. Tyler Biadasz WIS
7. Austin Jackson USC
8. Creed Humphrey OU
9. Ben Bredeson MICH

1. Joe Burrow LSU
2. Justin Herbert ORE
3. Jordan Love USU
4. Tua Tagovailoa ALA
5. Jake Fromm UGA
6. Jacob Eason WASH
7. Jalen Hurts OU
8. Anthony Gordon WSU
9. Nate Stanley IOWA
10. Tyler Huntley UTAH

Will Irv be able to show his face at Bama again after rating Tua only the 4th best QB of this draft class?

I don't know who this Twitter guy is, but he is not our player. Still, I like what he tweets. Here is his ranking of the CB's. I haven't studied the players yet for myself, so for now I will just go with this.

CB Power Rankings 2020:

1. Jeffrey Okudah OSU
2. Kristian Fulton LSU
3. CJ Henderson UF
4. Trevon Diggs ALA
5. Damon Arnette OSU
6. AJ Terrell CLEM
7. Jeff Gladney TVU
8. Bryce Hall UVA
9. Jaylon Johnson UTAH
10. Cameron Dantzler MISS ST.

(Irv Smith Jr. The goat on Twitter)

Post #: 97
RE: NFL Draft 2020 - 2/8/2020 12:14:18 AM   
kwheats

quote:

I like this guy:TCU WR Jalen Reagor
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9UQcG0ORMc
Post #: 98
RE: NFL Draft 2020 - 2/8/2020 12:19:41 AM   
kwheats

quote:

ORIGINAL: kwheats

quote:

I like this guy:TCU WR Jalen Reagor
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9UQcG0ORMc

and this:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wem2YdoBdI
Post #: 99
RE: NFL Draft 2020 - 2/8/2020 6:58:05 AM   
Bruce Johnson

The guy is fast. Which round do you think he will go?

http://walterfootball.com/scoutingreport2020JReagor.php

I found this that says first or second round, which might mean late first (like our pick) or early second round which is my hunch.

In 2019, Reagor notched 43 catches for 611 yards and five touchdowns while also providing big plays as a punt returner. All season, Reagor burned cornerbacks and got open deep downfield for long touchdown receptions, but TCU's terrible quarterback play missed him constantly. With a competent quarterback, Reagor would be have had a massive season with a lot of long touchdowns. He is a speed demon and a home run hitter for the NFL.

https://walterfootball.com/draft2020WR.php

The fact that he has electric speed and is a dynamic return man (whom we need) may push him up the Vikings draft board. He could fit two needs at the same time.

< Message edited by Bruce Johnson -- 2/8/2020 7:05:11 AM >

Post #: 100
Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: NFL Draft 2020 Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode