Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  37 38 [39] 40 41   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/1/2021 11:15:20 PM   
bstinger

quote:

ORIGINAL: HL OSWALD

One wild card the Vikings front office holds on Kirk Cousins is his stance on vaccination.

Kirk has clearly stated he would walk away from the game before being vaccinated for Covid.

This is the perfect moment for the Vikings organization to MANDATE vaccination.

Whats that Kirk? you would rather quit? well then go ahead and walk Mother F'ker! See you later and BTW, you just voided your contract. Enjoy your life you piece of shit god fearing wussie passive aggressive stat padding loser...

Great idea. I'm done with him. Great arm with perfect protection, but not a leader, not a winner when it matters.

"You guys are true athletes!"

--twinsfan
Post #: 951
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/2/2021 6:35:36 AM   
Brad H

quote:

ORIGINAL: Todd M

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

Zimmer said they had plans to be aggressive but it just didn’t work. “We have to get the ball in the hands of our playmakers”

Hard to keep the locker room or fans happy with that.

'We had plans not suck with under 2 minutes left in the 1st and 2nd half but it just didn't work. We have to learn to call a game so we're not wasting opportunities. '

It's what I've been saying all off-season. Games are won and lost in the last two minutes of each half. Every game has been close. He's a bad crunch time quarterback. That's why we are a 3-5 team heading towards about seven wins for the year.

< Message edited by Brad H -- 11/2/2021 6:36:39 AM >

Defense starts at the corners!
Post #: 952
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/2/2021 6:38:34 AM   
Brad H

The Vikings get the Ravens, Chargers, Packers and Niners the next four weeks. If they don't win two, the season is lost.

The only thing keeping them in any playoff scenario is a watered down NFC this season and a win against Carolina. New Orleans now has major QB issues. We lost to Carolina and Seattle. A loss to San Francisco four weeks from now would really hurt.

< Message edited by Brad H -- 11/2/2021 6:43:14 AM >

Post #: 953
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/2/2021 8:11:08 AM   
Ush

quote:

ORIGINAL: bstinger

quote:

One wild card the Vikings front office holds on Kirk Cousins is his stance on vaccination.

Kirk has clearly stated he would walk away from the game before being vaccinated for Covid.

Whats that Kirk? you would rather quit? well then go ahead and walk Mother F'ker! See you later and BTW, you just voided your contract. Enjoy your life you piece of shit god fearing wussie passive aggressive stat padding loser...

Great idea. I'm done with him. Great arm with perfect protection, but not a leader, not a winner when it matters.

I see this talked about a lot. I thought that players who weren’t vaccinated had to wear masks on the sideline. I’ve seen Cook and Theilen wearing masks but not Cousins. Wondering if he got the shot but on the condition that he doesn’t admit/talk about it?
Post #: 954
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/2/2021 8:34:48 AM   
bohumm

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ush

quote:

ORIGINAL: bstinger

quote:

I see this talked about a lot. I thought that players who weren’t vaccinated had to wear masks on the sideline. I’ve seen Cook and Theilen wearing masks but not Cousins. Wondering if he got the shot but on the condition that he doesn’t admit/talk about it?

This has been my impression for awhile now. He said all along he didn't want to discuss it, and no one else is allowed to because of HIPAA.
Post #: 955
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/2/2021 8:55:45 AM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

ORIGINAL: Brad H

quote:

quote:

Zimmer said they had plans to be aggressive but it just didn’t work. “We have to get the ball in the hands of our playmakers”

'We had plans not suck with under 2 minutes left in the 1st and 2nd half but it just didn't work. We have to learn to call a game so we're not wasting opportunities. '

It's what I've been saying all off-season. Games are won and lost in the last two minutes of each half. Every game has been close. He's a bad crunch time quarterback. That's why we are a 3-5 team heading towards about seven wins for the year.

The team is 3-4 homer and for alot of reasons including KCs 2min performance last weekend … overall this season, he has played well in 2 min drills and made your crow eating one of the few highlights of the season.

Historically, he’s not been good at it, almost everyone gets that … you dont own that, you’ve just worked your ass off to be as annoying about as possible. Congratulations, thats one of your few highlights: you’ve managed to be more annoying than usual.

< Message edited by Tom Sykes -- 11/2/2021 8:57:49 AM >
Post #: 956
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/2/2021 9:00:48 AM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

The Vikings get the Ravens, Chargers, Packers and Niners the next four weeks. If they don't win two, the season is lost.

The only thing keeping them in any playoff scenario is a watered down NFC this season and a win against Carolina. New Orleans now has major QB issues. We lost to Carolina and Seattle. A loss to San Francisco four weeks from now would really hurt.

We beat CAR and SEA.
Post #: 957
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/2/2021 9:33:16 AM   
Brad H

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tom Sykes

quote:

We beat CAR and SEA.

Correct you are. We are still in the playoff hunt.

Post #: 958
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/2/2021 9:46:00 AM   
GopherFan34

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Johanesen

Going on nothing but reactions in the media and the like, and of course the horrible game, it just feels like Zimmer is done here.

He has the blonde girlfriend to deal with too.

Comeon, if you had that blonde girlfriend to go home to everynite, you'd forget about how many timeouts you called in a row too!
Post #: 959
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/2/2021 10:23:34 AM   
David F.

There's a lot going on in this clip. Diggs stands flat-footed and doesn't even bother to cover his receiver. Thielen appears to be open in the middle of a zone. Protection is decent. Kirk throws the checkdown. Whoever the receiver was that Diggs didn't cover had an easy TD, Thielen had a big gainer and maybe a TD. Kirk is a one-read QB. Worse yet - I think he chooses his target before the snap.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1455375517444722688

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 960
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/2/2021 11:17:05 AM   
David F.

Tommy Kramer
@Kramer9Tommy
·
54m
Kirk needs to be able to call TO and change plays. Schnelker sent in same play 4 times in a row. I changed it every time, we went in to get a FG, Bob says, god dammit Tommy, didn’t you know I wanted that play. I said, Bob, u take my helmet, cleats n u run that play when u have….

Tommy Kramer
@Kramer9Tommy
·
40m
If Childress gave Favre the offense in 09, Vikings win the Superbowl, may not have lost a game.

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 961
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/2/2021 12:35:52 PM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

quote:

quote:

We beat CAR and SEA.

My bad. You were saying ‘if’ we had lost to CAR SEA …

Making the playoffs would just end in another playoff debacle. Even pulling out a wild card would end badly … maybe give some slack for the current regime to continue.

I’m not holding my breath for the stinking playoffs.
Post #: 962
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/2/2021 12:45:50 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

ORIGINAL: David F.

There's a lot going on in this clip. Diggs stands flat-footed and doesn't even bother to cover his receiver. Thielen appears to be open in the middle of a zone. Protection is decent. Kirk throws the checkdown. Whoever the receiver was that Diggs didn't cover had an easy TD, Thielen had a big gainer and maybe a TD. Kirk is a one-read QB. Worse yet - I think he chooses his target before the snap.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1455375517444722688

It's as if Dallas game-planned that once Cousins merely turns to look left or right, forget any dynamism on his part and head where he is looking. Fake right, throw left? LOL, don't even worry about defending that.
Post #: 963
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/2/2021 12:55:08 PM   
Bill Johanesen

Both sides of the ball played as if it were a preseason game.

Game-plan: stick with our camp routines. Players, save the intensity and sense of urgency for the long regular season and focus on footwork. Coaches, call the simple stuff and don't worry about the play clock.

We'll work on third downs and two-minute drills in our next preseason game.
Post #: 964
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/2/2021 12:59:01 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

We beat CAR and SEA.

My bad. You were saying ‘if’ we had lost to CAR SEA …

Making the playoffs would just end in another playoff debacle. Even pulling out a wild card would end badly … maybe give some slack for the current regime to continue.

I’m not holding my breath for the stinking playoffs.

Agree on the playoffs giving the regime some slack. Half the damn league ends up in the playoffs. 75% are in or "in the hunt" with two weeks left. Big deal.
Post #: 965
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/2/2021 1:43:15 PM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

Game-plan: stick with our camp routines. Players, save the intensity and sense of urgency for the long regular season and focus on footwork. Coaches, call the simple stuff and don't worry about the play clock.

My current zany theory is ...

We are at our best the first series of the game ... especially tempo ... because we have been meticulously prepping the first series script. And meticulous prepping before the game is where Cousins stands shoulder to shoulder with the Greats.

But then ... those fiendish defensive adjustments start happening ...

Once the defense makes changes ... not even good changes - in fact, they can change into the absolute worst case def adjustment possible ... like sending one or two 350 lb run stuffers out onto the field on Third-and-8, furiously waddling out to get in a half-ass stance before the snap ... it doesn't matter ... its a change, an unexpected look - thereby forcing a checkdown. Who cares if our all pro WRs are zig zagging unattended down the field ... their adjustment to the lame defensive adjustment blows the play call to hell anyway ... its all the same.

We have been offensively at our worst in the 4th qtr because DCs have had a chance to calibrate the adjustments that have been the most effective throughout the game.

My only explanation for Cousins solid 2 min play this season is, opponents holding off on making adjustments during those periods and just falling back into their 2 min set defenses.
Post #: 966
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/2/2021 1:57:00 PM   
Brad H

quote:

quote:

We are at our best the first series of the game ... especially tempo ... because we have been meticulously prepping the first series script. And meticulous prepping before the game is where Cousins stands shoulder to shoulder with the Greats.

Once the defense makes changes ... not even good changes - in fact, they can change into the absolute worst case def adjustment possible ... like sending one or two 350 lb run stuffers out onto the field on Third-and-8, furiously waddling out to get in a half-ass stance before the snap ... it doesn't matter ... its a change, an unexpected look - thereby forcing a checkdown. Who cares if our all pro WRs are zig zagging unattended down the field ... their adjustment to the lame defensive adjustment blows the play call to hell anyway ... its all the same.

We have been offensively at our worst in the 4th qtr because DCs have had a chance to calibrate the adjustments that have been the most effective throughout the game.

My only explanation for Cousins solid 2 min play this season is, opponents holding off on making adjustments during those periods and just falling back into their 2 min set defenses.

My assessment...we are horrible at adjustments on the fly.

Post #: 967
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/2/2021 2:05:23 PM   
ratoppenheimer

brigitte bardot in 1958....

https://twitter.com/MeprisWb/status/1455593438263529474

the journey...is paradise.
Post #: 968
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/2/2021 2:51:49 PM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

quote:

quote:

Point well taken.
Post #: 969
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/2/2021 3:31:30 PM   
thebigo

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

The team is 3-4 homer and for alot of reasons including KCs 2min performance last weekend … overall this season, he has played well in 2 min drills and made your crow eating one of the few highlights of the season.

Historically, he’s not been good at it, almost everyone gets that … you dont own that, you’ve just worked your ass off to be as annoying about as possible. Congratulations, thats one of your few highlights: you’ve managed to be more annoying than usual.

There was Crow eating?
Post #: 970
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/2/2021 3:36:00 PM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: ratoppenheimer

A friend of a friend's stepdad, supposedly descended from Renoir, supposedly nailed her, back in the day.
Post #: 971
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/2/2021 3:40:16 PM   
ratoppenheimer

quote:

ORIGINAL: thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: ratoppenheimer

A friend of a friend's stepdad, supposedly descended from Renoir, supposedly nailed her, back in the day.

she was my first...sex symbol.

the journey...is paradise.
Post #: 972
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/2/2021 4:03:59 PM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

quote:

quote:

It's not just your assessment.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work if it's not open. Frank Zappa
Post #: 973
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/2/2021 4:10:42 PM   
David Levine

quote:

quote:

I don't think it's zany at all.

Hell, Zim wanted Klint to start scripting the plays for the start of the 2nd half as well. So even Zim realizes it - but doesn't appear to understand the hows or whys of the reasons that it works to start games...
Post #: 974
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/2/2021 4:24:04 PM   
David Levine

Over the past five years, teams have won 70 percent of their games against backup quarterbacks (who have thrown at least 10 passes) when not fielding a backup themselves. Teams that finished the regular season .500 or above have won 80 percent of those games. By contrast, teams that finish below .500 predictably fared worse against backups as they won 54 percent of their matches against them.

But the Vikings have been less than stellar under coach Mike Zimmer, winning just 60 percent of those games in the past three years.

https://theathletic.com/2929508/2021/11/02/vikings-are-being-defined-by-missed-opportunities-under-kirk-cousins-mike-zimmer/?source=emp-shared-article
Post #: 975
Page:   <<   < prev  37 38 [39] 40 41   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  37 38 [39] 40 41   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode