Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  36 37 [38] 39 40   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/1/2021 3:40:02 PM   
David Levine

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ricky J

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

quote:

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: David F.

Oh boy...

Will Ragatz
@WillRagatz
Thielen: "If you're not frustrated, there's something wrong with you, and you shouldn't be on this team, you shouldn't be a coach."

Thielen is saying all the thing publicly that Diggs was accused of saying behind the scenes...

"... and you shouldn't be a coach."

I don't think that's an accurate quote - maybe I'm wrong

"If you’re not frustrated, there’s something wrong with you and you shouldn’t be on this team. You shouldn’t be a coach if you’re not frustrated," said Thielen, who led the Vikings with six catches for 78 yards. "We’ve got quality guys, good football players on this team. So if you’re not frustrated, there’s something wrong with you."

https://www.fox9.com/sports/minnesota-vikings-vs-dallas-cowboys-week-8-game-post

Thanks

I read Scoggins where he just quoted, "So if you’re not frustrated, there’s something wrong with you."
And he didn't elaborate on that, just an example of AT being frustrated.

I personally don't see this as an assault on Zimmer but it clearly indicates an unhappy man. Context beyond that is not clear, imo.

I don't know why he'd add "You shouldn’t be a coach if you’re not frustrated" if he didn't perceive at least one coach as not being frustrated.

It might not be Zimmer he's referring to, but even then, its one of his subordinates.

But hey, we're now just 3 bad plays away from being 6-1, right?
Post #: 926
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/1/2021 4:01:16 PM   
kevinemmer

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: joejitsu

quote:

Ben Goessling@GoesslingStrib
Danielle Hunter is having an MRI on his injured shoulder this morning, but the initial concern was the defensive end tore his pectoral muscle, according to a league source. If that turns out to be the case, it’d be a massive blow for the #Vikings defense.

I hope he's fine and plays for the rest of the year. I don't want to give Zim any reason to point to why he was not successful this year. The only way things are going to change is from the top down. I like the guy, but I think he has to go, sooner rather than later.

I'm not even sure what is likable about him anymore.

Dude thinks he's Bill Parcells and he carries himself like he's won a few SBs.

He's arrogant, impossibly stubborn, defensive and belittling. He's quick to throw players under the bus, refuses to accept blame or make any efforts to improve.

Oh, and he can't beat good teams to save his life.

Agreed David,
I've found him to be thoroughly unlikable for many years, for all the reasons you listed.
I don't know for certain what his players think of him, but I can imagine the fuses are getting real short.
Post #: 927
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/1/2021 4:07:13 PM  2 votes
HL OSWALD

One wild card the Vikings front office holds on Kirk Cousins is his stance on vaccination.

Kirk has clearly stated he would walk away from the game before being vaccinated for Covid.

This is the perfect moment for the Vikings organization to MANDATE vaccination.

Whats that Kirk? you would rather quit? well then go ahead and walk Mother F'ker! See you later and BTW, you just voided your contract. Enjoy your life you piece of shit god fearing wussie passive aggressive stat padding loser...
Post #: 928
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/1/2021 4:09:10 PM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jeff Jesser

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: odin

https://mobile.twitter.com/ChadGraff/status/1455000481269358593/photo/1Chickenshit checkdown

It's one thing to throw to a wide-open fullback. It's another to throw to your fullback with two defenders barreling down and a Pro Bowl WR open behind him. This led to another three-and-out.

Pretty much sums up our OLine too in 1 photo. Bradbury pushed all the back past our QB and Udoh blocking absolutely nobody

No real pressure on Cousins, so I'm not sure what the big whoop is on this play, OL wise.
Post #: 929
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/1/2021 4:09:56 PM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: HL OSWALD

One wild card the Vikings front office holds on Kirk Cousins is his stance on vaccination.

Kirk has clearly stated he would walk away from the game before being vaccinated for Covid.

Whats that Kirk? you would rather quit? well then go ahead and walk Mother F'ker! See you later and BTW, you just voided your contract. Enjoy your life you piece of shit god fearing wussie passive aggressive stat padding loser...

Vikings have no authority to mandate vaccination. There's these things called the NFL and the NFLPA, and the agreement between them, the CBA.

< Message edited by thebigo -- 11/1/2021 4:11:20 PM >
Post #: 930
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/1/2021 4:10:29 PM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

Though I find your play interesting and worthwhile. I think the Union and the NFL have an agreement where they teams will NOT mandate vaccination.

But they've made the rules pretty harsh for the unvaccinnated to encourage the right decision.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work if it's not open. Frank Zappa
Post #: 931
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/1/2021 4:16:42 PM   
HL OSWALD

quote:

ORIGINAL: Trekgeekscott

quote:

Though I find your play interesting and worthwhile. I think the Union and the NFL have an agreement where they teams will NOT mandate vaccination.

But they've made the rules pretty harsh for the unvaccinnated to encourage the right decision.

Get some lawyers, there is an out here... State mandated for playing in a publicly funded stadium?

Pile on some more team rules that make Kirks life entirely miserable then...

Until Zimmer is gone and we find an out to move on from KFC this team is plagued...
Post #: 932
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/1/2021 4:16:49 PM   
thebigo

quote:

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: odin

https://mobile.twitter.com/ChadGraff/status/1455000481269358593/photo/1Chickenshit checkdown

It's one thing to throw to a wide-open fullback. It's another to throw to your fullback with two defenders barreling down and a Pro Bowl WR open behind him. This led to another three-and-out.

I was in the endzone behind this play - truly a WTF moment.

[I was going to come up and say "hi" Todd but it just seemed so far away ...]

- seriously bummed ... even through it all we should of easily enough been able to extend the night with OT; nope!

- but sometimes you have to really F up to learn something

Frankly during that last Dallas drive, I was thinking I don't want to sit through OT, just lose the damn game. Actually I said it out loud.
Post #: 933
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/1/2021 4:20:37 PM   
thebigo

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: ronhextall

quote:

Oh boy...

Will Ragatz
@WillRagatz
Thielen: "If you're not frustrated, there's something wrong with you, and you shouldn't be on this team, you shouldn't be a coach."

Starting to think Thielen or Zimmer will be gone next year.

I don't expect Zimmer to last through today.

You have some insider info?

I wish. I'm just going by fan reaction/twitter/sportscasters. I've never seen this big of a vote of no confidence. Even Chilly never got to this point. He was overall bad but didn't have a moment like yesterday.

Chilly got ran out of town pretty durn quick after he unilaterally cut Moss, not consulting with the TOA was just a convenient excuse to get rid of him without seeming to be reacting to all the fan uproar
Post #: 934
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/1/2021 4:28:50 PM   
Tom Sykes

Adam Schefter
@AdamSchefter
·4h
As part of the trade, the Broncos are paying $9 million of Von Miller’s remaining $9.7 million salary, per sources.

Makes me wonder if we could eat a substantial part of Cousins 45M to work a trade. There has to be somebody out there desperate enough for a starter at 15M ...

Maybe not for KC. Still, swallowing 30M / no KC is better than swallowing 45M with ... in terms of moving on.

< Message edited by Tom Sykes -- 11/1/2021 4:31:14 PM >
Post #: 935
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/1/2021 4:43:45 PM   
Ricky J

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Oh boy...

Will Ragatz
@WillRagatz

Thielen is saying all the thing publicly that Diggs was accused of saying behind the scenes...

"If you’re not frustrated, there’s something wrong with you and you shouldn’t be on this team. You shouldn’t be a coach if you’re not frustrated," said Thielen, who led the Vikings with six catches for 78 yards. "We’ve got quality guys, good football players on this team. So if you’re not frustrated, there’s something wrong with you."

https://www.fox9.com/sports/minnesota-vikings-vs-dallas-cowboys-week-8-game-post

Thanks

I read Scoggins where he just quoted, "So if you’re not frustrated, there’s something wrong with you."

I personally don't see this as an assault on Zimmer but it clearly indicates an unhappy man. Context beyond that is not clear, imo.

I don't know why he'd add "You shouldn’t be a coach if you’re not frustrated" if he didn't perceive at least one coach as not being frustrated.

It might not be Zimmer he's referring to, but even then, its one of his subordinates.

I'm not going to apologize for thinking differently than you.

But yeah, something like that ...

Call that blatant late push out of bounds down inside the 10 for an automatic first down that was worse than the one called a few plays earlier ...

“A butterfly could flap its wings and set molecules of air in motion, which would move other molecules of air, in turn moving more molecules of air— eventually capable of starting a hurricane on the other side of the planet.”

- The Butterfly Effect by Andy Andrews
Post #: 936
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/1/2021 4:54:10 PM   
HL OSWALD

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Oh boy...

Will Ragatz
@WillRagatz

Thanks

I'm not going to apologize for thinking differently than you.

But yeah, something like that ...

Call that blatant late push out of bounds down inside the 10 for an automatic first down that was worse than the one called a few plays earlier ...

“A butterfly could flap its wings and set molecules of air in motion, which would move other molecules of air, in turn moving more molecules of air— eventually capable of starting a hurricane on the other side of the planet.”

- The Butterfly Effect by Andy Andrews

The thing is winning organizations and winning coaching staffs dont leave their outcome, their record, their play and desire to win up to random chance of a butterfly flapping its wings or a random unknown penalty being called or missed in the ebb and flow of a game.

This coaching staff/ HC is far too passive aggressive along with our leader in QB, the match of the two is a disaster and its so glaring its not just happenstance on winning or losing games any more...

< Message edited by HL OSWALD -- 11/1/2021 4:55:54 PM >
Post #: 937
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/1/2021 5:27:04 PM   
Brad H

How was that clock management by Cousins at the end of the first half? Just sayin.

He managed it alright....as in managed to run it out. The guy is just clueless when it matters. ZERO leadership skills.

< Message edited by Brad H -- 11/1/2021 5:28:50 PM >

Defense starts at the corners!
Post #: 938
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/1/2021 5:28:58 PM   
bohumm

quote:

ORIGINAL: Brad H

How was that clock management by Cousins at the end of the first half? Just sayin.

He managed it alright....as in managed to run out the clock.

That was your key takeaway?
Post #: 939
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/1/2021 6:03:44 PM   
Todd M

I keep going back to that picture.

2nd and 3...no pressure...the one down and distance where a run isn't such a bad idea...this is what's called in and chosen. Getting a guy blown up on a zero yard pass isn't even safe! We went back to this later, almost got Jefferson rocked last week. It's freaking ridiculous.

Chucking it deep, missing, and running on 3rd down is on the table.

Run the safety valve and use it. Is it called? Chosen? Preached?

Like was stated...we're screwed if it's ABC or any of the 3.
Post #: 940
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/1/2021 6:20:01 PM   
Daniel Lee Young

That picture illustrates exactly why KC is such a horrible QB..

Any other QB in the league.. even Cooper Rush, pump fakes to Ham and hits Thielen, over the markers, for a big gain..

Zimmer has first and goal at the 5…

Mr Run first decides to be cute and throw for a loss, throws incomplete and then runs… for a loss..

Three straight Qb sneaks would have resulted in more yards, except our QB would try to run over RagDoll Bradbury, and probably fumble, to boot.

The teams talent is poisoned by Zimmer.

Period.

< Message edited by Daniel Lee Young -- 11/1/2021 6:21:54 PM >

"Thou shall not bear false witness”
I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 941
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/1/2021 6:32:55 PM   
Richard Neussendorfer

Cooper Rush goes for 325. Defensive genius my behind!
Post #: 942
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/1/2021 7:27:12 PM   
marty

Maybe Indianapolis or Carolina would be interested in KC ?

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 943
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/1/2021 7:52:01 PM   
Ricky J

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Trekgeekscott

quote:

Get some lawyers, there is an out here... State mandated for playing in a publicly funded stadium?

Pile on some more team rules that make Kirks life entirely miserable then...

Until Zimmer is gone and we find an out to move on from KFC this team is plagued...

I'm curious how many people who bitch about Cousins not getting the shots wear a mask into public places they visit?

Bet there was less than 1% of the people at the game wearing a mask.
Post #: 944
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/1/2021 8:18:17 PM   
ronhextall

quote:

still have to pay him and still have his cap number.

for all the negatives I don't think there is a realistic better option readily available. Give him a nice pocket he is above average.

< Message edited by ronhextall -- 11/2/2021 8:39:28 AM >
Post #: 945
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/1/2021 8:33:26 PM   
David Levine

Zimmer said they had plans to be aggressive but it just didn’t work. “We have to get the ball in the hands of our playmakers”
Post #: 946
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/1/2021 8:57:05 PM   
Todd M

quote:

Zimmer said they had plans to be aggressive but it just didn’t work. “We have to get the ball in the hands of our playmakers”

Hard to keep the locker room or fans happy with that.

'We had plans not suck with under 2 minutes left in the 1st and 2nd half but it just didn't work. We have to learn to call a game so we're not wasting opportunities. '
Post #: 947
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/1/2021 9:20:09 PM   
David F.

The dipshit tried to call consecutive time outs.

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 948
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/1/2021 9:34:14 PM   
Bill Johanesen

Going on nothing but reactions in the media and the like, and of course the horrible game, it just feels like Zimmer is done here.

He has the blonde girlfriend to deal with too.

< Message edited by Bill Johanesen -- 11/1/2021 9:40:14 PM >
Post #: 949
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/1/2021 10:15:59 PM   
Russell Timmons

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Johanesen

Going on nothing but reactions in the media and the like, and of course the horrible game, it just feels like Zimmer is done here.

He has the blonde girlfriend to deal with too.

Let's hope Wilf is listening.

“Even if we could turn back, we'd probably never end up where we started.” - Haruki Murakami
Post #: 950
Page:   <<   < prev  36 37 [38] 39 40   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  36 37 [38] 39 40   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode