Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  35 36 [37] 38 39   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/1/2021 1:44:20 PM   
David Levine

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ricky J

- but sometimes you have to really F up to learn something

Zim is in his 8th year as a HC. Cousins is in his 10th.

They are who they are.
Post #: 901
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/1/2021 1:44:28 PM   
Ricky J

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

quote:

ORIGINAL: David F.

Oh boy...

Will Ragatz
@WillRagatz
Thielen: "If you're not frustrated, there's something wrong with you, and you shouldn't be on this team, you shouldn't be a coach."

Thielen is saying all the thing publicly that Diggs was accused of saying behind the scenes...

"... and you shouldn't be a coach."

I don't think that's an accurate quote - maybe I'm wrong
Post #: 902
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/1/2021 1:49:58 PM   
David Levine

quote:

quote:

quote:

Oh boy...

Will Ragatz
@WillRagatz
Thielen: "If you're not frustrated, there's something wrong with you, and you shouldn't be on this team, you shouldn't be a coach."

Thielen is saying all the thing publicly that Diggs was accused of saying behind the scenes...

"If you’re not frustrated, there’s something wrong with you and you shouldn’t be on this team. You shouldn’t be a coach if you’re not frustrated," said Thielen, who led the Vikings with six catches for 78 yards. "We’ve got quality guys, good football players on this team. So if you’re not frustrated, there’s something wrong with you."

https://www.fox9.com/sports/minnesota-vikings-vs-dallas-cowboys-week-8-game-post
Post #: 903
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/1/2021 1:53:12 PM   
Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Oh boy...

Will Ragatz
@WillRagatz

"If you’re not frustrated, there’s something wrong with you and you shouldn’t be on this team. You shouldn’t be a coach if you’re not frustrated," said Thielen, who led the Vikings with six catches for 78 yards. "We’ve got quality guys, good football players on this team. So if you’re not frustrated, there’s something wrong with you."

https://www.fox9.com/sports/minnesota-vikings-vs-dallas-cowboys-week-8-game-post

Good for Theilen!
Post #: 904
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/1/2021 1:55:17 PM   
Todd M

Is there someone not frustrated that Theilen alluding to?
Post #: 905
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/1/2021 1:55:49 PM   
Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Todd M

Sounds like it. Probably Zimmer.
Post #: 906
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/1/2021 1:57:06 PM   
HL OSWALD

For all the variables in the Zimmer Era, adding Kirk Cousins was the nail in coffin for this team....
Post #: 907
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/1/2021 1:57:29 PM   
David F.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Todd M

Sounds like it. Probably Zimmer.

Held 'em to 20. Mission accomplished!

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 908
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/1/2021 1:57:45 PM  1 votes
David Levine

quote:

ORIGINAL: joejitsu

quote:

Ben Goessling@GoesslingStrib
Danielle Hunter is having an MRI on his injured shoulder this morning, but the initial concern was the defensive end tore his pectoral muscle, according to a league source. If that turns out to be the case, it’d be a massive blow for the #Vikings defense.

I hope he's fine and plays for the rest of the year. I don't want to give Zim any reason to point to why he was not successful this year. The only way things are going to change is from the top down. I like the guy, but I think he has to go, sooner rather than later.

I'm not even sure what is likable about him anymore.

Dude thinks he's Bill Parcells and he carries himself like he's won a few SBs.

He's arrogant, impossibly stubborn, defensive and belittling. He's quick to throw players under the bus, refuses to accept blame or make any efforts to improve.

Oh, and he can't beat good teams to save his life.
Post #: 909
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/1/2021 1:58:19 PM   
Todd M

quote:

quote:

- but sometimes you have to really F up to learn something

Zim is in his 8th year as a HC. Cousins is in his 10th.

They are who they are.

It is.

We'd play down like that with whoever our QB was and Kirk makes that checkdown playing elsewhere.

< Message edited by Todd M -- 11/1/2021 2:02:17 PM >
Post #: 910
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/1/2021 1:59:27 PM   
Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

quote:

quote:

Danielle Hunter is having an MRI on his injured shoulder this morning, but the initial concern was the defensive end tore his pectoral muscle, according to a league source. If that turns out to be the case, it’d be a massive blow for the #Vikings defense.

I hope he's fine and plays for the rest of the year. I don't want to give Zim any reason to point to why he was not successful this year. The only way things are going to change is from the top down. I like the guy, but I think he has to go, sooner rather than later.

He's arrogant, impossibly stubborn, defensive and belittling. He's quick to throw players under the bus, refuses to accept blame or make any efforts to improve.

I thought this was his chance to beat a quality team
Post #: 911
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/1/2021 2:03:45 PM   
David Levine

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

He was never going to get a better one.

• He was facing a QB that had thrown 3 more NFL passes in his career than I have.
• We won the turnover battle 2-0
• Dallas handed us SEVEN 1st downs via penalty.
Post #: 912
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/1/2021 2:04:42 PM   
Jeff Jesser

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: odin

https://mobile.twitter.com/ChadGraff/status/1455000481269358593/photo/1Chickenshit checkdown

It's one thing to throw to a wide-open fullback. It's another to throw to your fullback with two defenders barreling down and a Pro Bowl WR open behind him. This led to another three-and-out.

Pretty much sums up our OLine too in 1 photo. Bradbury pushed all the back past our QB and Udoh blocking absolutely nobody
Post #: 913
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/1/2021 2:06:45 PM   
Jeff Jesser

quote:

quote:

If losing 1 defensive starter throws your whole season down the toilet, you have way more issues than you're willing to admit. AKA, we're screwed no matter if Hunter is healthy enough to continue or not.
Post #: 914
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/1/2021 2:07:10 PM   
Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

He was never going to get a better one.

• He was facing a QB that had thrown 3 more NFL passes in his career than I have.
• We won the turnover battle 2-0
• Dallas handed us SEVEN 1st downs via penalty.

Bingo! Enough is enough! Get this loser out of town asap!
Post #: 915
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/1/2021 2:07:28 PM   
Todd M

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jeff Jesser

quote:

quote:

https://mobile.twitter.com/ChadGraff/status/1455000481269358593/photo/1Chickenshit checkdown

It's one thing to throw to a wide-open fullback. It's another to throw to your fullback with two defenders barreling down and a Pro Bowl WR open behind him. This led to another three-and-out.

Pretty much sums up our OLine too in 1 photo. Bradbury pushed all the back past our QB and Udoh blocking absolutely nobody

I thought he was tired of seeing that shit and was leaving.

Post #: 916
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/1/2021 2:08:23 PM   
HL OSWALD

Zimmer has always been what we see now... total False Bravado... Arrogant, condescending, prickish know it all, inflexible and stubborn to a fault. Saw exactly what he was in the Case Keenum season...

Most glaring this year because for first time he has surrounded himself with very little tenured football minds in assistant coach ranks. Its all his game, Its Zimmerball 100 percent pure shit and we are all ODing on the bad high...

The emperor has no clothes and its plain to see...

His field general KC is a panzy...

The ranks of soldiers are turning on him...

The media he despises is calling it as they rightfully see it and its going to cause the lil fake General's head to explode soon!

...also agree Zimmer shows high probability traits of being an alcoholic... bad mix with his persona...
Post #: 917
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/1/2021 2:11:04 PM   
joejitsu

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jeff Jesser

quote:

quote:

Ha! I just noticed Udoh blocking the air. The Bradbury thing was to be expected. That's his default setting. Could Davis be any worse than either of those guys?
Post #: 918
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/1/2021 2:11:34 PM   
David F.

quote:

...also agree Zimmer shows high probability traits of being an alcoholic... bad mix with his persona...

The persona and the alcoholism come as a package deal. This I know from first-hand experience.

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 919
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/1/2021 2:12:10 PM   
David Levine

They won't show up on the official stat sheet, but Udoh had back-to-back holding penalties declined.

Not sure I've ever seen that before.
Post #: 920
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/1/2021 2:14:28 PM   
David F.

quote:

quote:

quote:

67-51-1 in the regular season, 2-3 in the playoffs, 0 SB appearances.

Post #: 921
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/1/2021 2:17:01 PM   
HL OSWALD

Report: Danielle Hunter likely out for remainder of season with torn pec
Post #: 922
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/1/2021 3:18:10 PM   
HL OSWALD

Mike Zimmer’s fate is sealed with Minnesota Vikings

Minnesota Vikings statements after their loss to the Dallas Cowboys. Cooper Rush beat Kirk Cousins, let that sink in!; Why “it’s over” for the Minnesota Vikings; Is Dallas Cowboys offensive coordinator Kellen Moore the next head coach of the Minnesota Vikings?; Is Justin Jefferson going to pull a Stefon Diggs on this team?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHkKlgOxtn8
Post #: 923
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/1/2021 3:32:02 PM   
Ricky J

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Oh boy...

Will Ragatz
@WillRagatz

Thanks

I read Scoggins where he just quoted, "So if you’re not frustrated, there’s something wrong with you."
And he didn't elaborate on that, just an example of AT being frustrated.

I personally don't see this as an assault on Zimmer but it clearly indicates an unhappy man. Context beyond that is not clear, imo.
Post #: 924
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/1/2021 3:33:49 PM   
Ricky J

Not trying to sidetrack any anger but there is this today:

Adam Schefter
@AdamSchefter
·
1h
Titans signing Adrian Peterson, per source.
Post #: 925
Page:   <<   < prev  35 36 [37] 38 39   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  35 36 [37] 38 39   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode