Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  44 45 [46] 47 48   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/8/2021 7:21:01 AM   
bohumm

quote:

ORIGINAL: David F.

Our Twitter buddy Dustin baker is still cherry-picking stats like a mad man but now it appears he picks them not from the ultra-positive perspective.

Before today, teams with a +2 Turnover differential, a Kickoff Return TD, and a 7-point lead at the start of the 4th Quarter were 110-4-1 (.961). Those teams won 96% of the time.

The Vikings loss to the Ravens makes those teams 110-5-1.

What's the winning percentage for teams that continually run into the horrid middle of their line in spite of the fact that it hasn't worked the whole game---the game being played, not 115 previous games throughout the history of the NFL---instead of passing (in spite of having two of the best WRs in the league) against a team that came into THIS game ranked last in passing yards against THIS season?

I bet it's not good, and all you had to do was look on the field to understand that.
Post #: 1126
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/8/2021 8:08:55 AM  2 votes
Ricky J

quote:

ORIGINAL: Daniel Lee Young

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ricky J

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: thebigo

On top of the Vikings patheticness, now I have to like Aaron Rodgers for his stance ripping on "WOKE and cancel culture" society.

You would…

His asking the ref for a horse collar penalty as he was being dragged down my the number on the back of his jersey last week cracked me up - and I'm sure you noticed they called that a penalty this week on the Vikings on a 4th down stop.

And I'm all about ripping the WOKE and cancel culture, so ... I guess maybe I can see where Todd's coming from, Dan

You mean like the woke and cancel culture that exists when a Vikings player Fuq sup?
You pick and choose your moments to be either/ or, for/ against..

Woke nowadays refers to being aware or well informed in a political or cultural sense, especially regarding issues surrounding marginalised communities - it describes someone who has “woken up” to issues of social injustice.

Antivaxxers and those of a certain persuasion are the icons of stupid.. the standard bearers.. the morons who undermine actual progress for the sake of me first attitudes.

So yea., I am “Woke.”

And happy to be that way,

as opposed to the apologists who are all about me…mine….my money… Butwhatabout asshats who live in the past and desire nothing but status Quo.
The list of those idiots is vast..

And they are idiots..

As Dumb as Zimmer is as a coach, he, at least, knows that getting a Vaccination is a team concept, not a me, my choice, Fuq u and your safety, concept.

Your martyr schtick is getting old Dan.

I pick and choose nothing for the sake seeking attention or being noticed.

Vaccinating never entered my mind when I wrote that text.

Rogers being tackled by the number area, begging for a penalty as he was going down, "cracked me up" and I had probably my first moment of seeing him as someone I might like - because the hater routine is the wrong route to go in life, imo.

Im not a fan of the woke and cancel culture. That's just the way it is.

I'm sure I got my shots before you did. I'm sure I'll get my booster before you, too.

Relax tough guy!
Post #: 1127
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/8/2021 9:58:57 AM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

ORIGINAL: Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jeff Jesser

I forget who said in the here or the gameday thread but I freakin' hate Zimmer more than any other failure we've had. Not sure why. I've been off his wagon for about 5 years but these days he pisses me off more than Chilly. Too young to have an actual opinion on Burns. Felt bad for meathead and Frazier. Green was great until he wilted (didn't know much about his personal side at the time).

For me it's his arrogance. It's even worse than Chili. Arrogance and stubbornness

It's the stubbornness that is killing me.

Week after week it's the same thing. Over and over again. Nothing changes. They keep doing the same shit that they know does not work.

What do they say is the definition of insanity?

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work if it's not open. Frank Zappa
Post #: 1128
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/8/2021 1:03:33 PM  1 votes
Daniel Lee Young

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

On top of the Vikings patheticness, now I have to like Aaron Rodgers for his stance ripping on "WOKE and cancel culture" society.

You would…

His asking the ref for a horse collar penalty as he was being dragged down my the number on the back of his jersey last week cracked me up - and I'm sure you noticed they called that a penalty this week on the Vikings on a 4th down stop.

And I'm all about ripping the WOKE and cancel culture, so ... I guess maybe I can see where Todd's coming from, Dan

You mean like the woke and cancel culture that exists when a Vikings player Fuq sup?

Woke nowadays refers to being aware or well informed in a political or cultural sense, especially regarding issues surrounding marginalised communities - it describes someone who has “woken up” to issues of social injustice.

Antivaxxers and those of a certain persuasion are the icons of stupid.. the standard bearers.. the morons who undermine actual progress for the sake of me first attitudes.

So yea., I am “Woke.”

as opposed to the apologists who are all about me…mine….my money… Butwhatabout asshats who live in the past and desire nothing but status Quo.

And they are idiots..

As Dumb as Zimmer is as a coach, he, at least, knows that getting a Vaccination is a team concept, not a me, my choice, Fuq u and your safety, concept.

Rogers being tackled by the number area, begging for a penalty as he was going down, "cracked me up" and I had probably my first moment of seeing him as someone I might like - because the hater routine is the wrong route to go in life, imo.

I'm sure I got my shots before you did. I'm sure I'll get my booster before you, too.

Relax tough guy!

Tough guy?

For the record i got both my shots in aApril, my booster is Thursday, I got my yearly flu in October, as always.

If your not a fan of “woke”.. then you might just be.. a redneck..

Which is fine…

Be what you want to be, but don’t expect others to respect that.

Denying or “ not being a fan” of the realization that non white or non male, or non gender specific, people have to literally fight against the ignorance and prejudice of “ not a fan of woke”, segments, nay hordes, of social morons, shows a lack of critical thinking.

I don’t understand how someone can hold and defend a toxic point of belief, and at this point, I am past caring about people who want to make such selfish assumptions.

Rogers, as the ICON, and role model that he is, on the subject of COVID vaccination, is wrong.

He is just as stupid in thought and action as was a certain past leader, who got what he deserved, and I personally hope Rogers, gets a face to face with Karma.

But that won’t happen.

When Terry Bradshaw and Michael Strahan, call you out for lying…you, Mr Rogers, are a Fuqtard, and cancel culture is your reward.

< Message edited by Daniel Lee Young -- 11/8/2021 1:06:19 PM >

"Thou shall not bear false witness”
I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 1129
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/8/2021 1:18:48 PM  1 votes
Daniel Lee Young

I know we have threads for this kind of discussion..

But when posters refuse to use them, and try to disguise their political pot shots as “ football”, then this is the only place available to refute that..

Yea it’s a distraction, but allowing unchallenged “opinion” to stand as gospel of fanaticism, is somehow worse.

I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 1130
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/8/2021 1:23:14 PM  1 votes
thebigo

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

You would…

So yea., I am “Woke.”

And they are idiots..

Relax tough guy!

Tough guy?

For the record i got both my shots in aApril, my booster is Thursday, I got my yearly flu in October, as always.

Which is fine…

Denying or “ not being a fan” of the realization that non white or non male, or non gender specific, people have to literally fight against the ignorance and prejudice of “ not a fan of woke”, segments, nay hordes, of social morons, shows a lack of critical thinking.

I don’t understand how someone can hold and defend a toxic point of belief, and at this point, I am past caring about people who want to make such selfish assumptions.

Rogers, as the ICON, and role model that he is, on the subject of COVID vaccination, is wrong.

He is just as stupid in thought and action as was a certain past leader, who got what he deserved, and I personally hope Rogers, gets a face to face with Karma.

But that won’t happen.

When Terry Bradshaw and Michael Strahan, call you out for lying…you, Mr Rogers, are a Fuqtard, and cancel culture is your reward.

So then then, you're a big fan of governmental overreach.
Post #: 1131
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/8/2021 1:46:02 PM  3 votes
Daniel Lee Young

Actually, what you.. call, government overreach, which you seem to have a one way view of…, is what I call protecting the majority from the idiocy of the idiocracy.

Tax breaks for rich?

Perfect.

Corporations are people?

Perfect.

Covid a hoax?

Perfect.

Right to choose healthcare, my body my choice, unless you are a woman..

Perfect.

In your world.

There seems to be only one acceptable form of government in your world.

Authoritarianism and money and profit Uber Alles, sieg hiel!( win all!)

The far right and right wing safety net:

Is generally defined as a political movement that embraces far-right nationalism and the forceful suppression of any opposition, all overseen by an authoritarian government. Aka… definition in simple terms, of fascism.

BLM protests?

Call out the national guard..

But fascists sore about losing a national election..

“ March down there and fight like hell”
Sieg hiel, mine Fuehrer !!

< Message edited by Daniel Lee Young -- 11/8/2021 1:54:05 PM >

I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 1132
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/8/2021 2:54:37 PM   
ratoppenheimer

Courtney Cronin@CourtneyRCronin
27 yard pass to CJ Ham on 3rd/3 and it's dead silent in here.

Mike Zimmer said he did give thought to going for 2 on Minnesota’s final touchdown but opted to tie the game with a PAT (31-31) because “they have a heck of a kicker, still had over a minute left and 3 timeouts.”

This is a little confusing. The Ravens would have attempted a FG either way with the timeouts/clock they had at their disposal and Tucker’s ability to kick long field goals if it came down to that.

< Message edited by ratoppenheimer -- 11/8/2021 3:03:06 PM >

the journey...is paradise.
Post #: 1133
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/8/2021 3:20:32 PM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

ORIGINAL: ratoppenheimer

Mike Zimmer said he did give thought to going for 2 on Minnesota’s final touchdown but opted to tie the game with a PAT (31-31) because “they have a heck of a kicker, still had over a minute left and 3 timeouts.”

This is a little confusing. The Ravens would have attempted a FG either way with the timeouts/clock they had at their disposal and Tucker’s ability to kick long field goals if it came down to that.

IOW. His reasoning is stupid. The Ravens would have tried for a game winner in regulation no matter if we had the lead or not.

Truth is Zimmer got scared they would fail and he'd look bad.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work if it's not open. Frank Zappa
Post #: 1134
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/8/2021 4:20:53 PM   
Russell Timmons

quote:

ORIGINAL: Trekgeekscott

quote:

IOW. His reasoning is stupid. The Ravens would have tried for a game winner in regulation no matter if we had the lead or not.

Aannndd....he loses anyway.

“Even if we could turn back, we'd probably never end up where we started.” - Haruki Murakami
Post #: 1135
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/8/2021 4:24:40 PM   
Jeff Jesser

Man. That's right there with Tice adding 8 and 8 and coming up with 17
Post #: 1136
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/8/2021 4:34:54 PM   
David F.

quote:

quote:

Think it through like zimmer would. He thinks that if the game is tied the ravens will turtle up and play for overtime. He thinks If we have a one-point lead then, and only then, will they try for a game-winning field goal drive. I have no doubt that was how he thought it out.

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 1137
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/8/2021 4:55:21 PM   
David Levine

quote:

quote:

quote:

Think it through like zimmer would. He thinks that if the game is tied the ravens will turtle up and play for overtime. He thinks If we have a one-point lead then, and only then, will they try for a game-winning field goal drive. I have no doubt that was how he thought it out.

You beat me to it.

I think that's exactly how it went in his head.
Post #: 1138
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/8/2021 5:20:56 PM   
David F.

So I know it’s only one game but Cam Bynum looks like a gem. I still believe in Harrison don’t get me wrong.

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 1139
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/8/2021 5:34:58 PM   
Bill Jandro

Seemed like Mason Cole held up in pass pro.

Or at least he wasn't completely getting trucked like Bradbury was

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 1140
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/8/2021 5:55:00 PM   
Jeff Jesser

When Udoh went down why didn't Davis replace him? Was he just inactive as I didn't see any injury related stuff.
Post #: 1141
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/8/2021 5:58:21 PM   
Ricky J

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

You would…

So yea., I am “Woke.”

And they are idiots..

Relax tough guy!

Tough guy?

Which is fine…

But that won’t happen.

yeah yeah yeah - maybe ill finish this later
Post #: 1142
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/8/2021 6:32:06 PM   
jbusse

quote:

When Udoh went down why didn't Davis replace him? Was he just inactive as I didn't see any injury related stuff.

Zimmer addressed this at today's press conference. The topic begins at the 4:10 mark on the following video:

https://www.vikings.com/video/zimmer-talks-about-reasons-for-inconsistency-on-offense-bynum-s-debut-heavy-work
Post #: 1143
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/8/2021 6:40:43 PM   
David F.

In reviewing the 3rd-and-9 play in OT many were lamenting the poor protection and the all-long-routes. Sage rosenfells offers:

The Vikings had enough blockers for this blitz. It would have required Cousins to change the protection and the line could have picked it up easily

Post #: 1144
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/8/2021 7:22:06 PM   
Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

quote:

quote:

I think you're exactly right David.
Post #: 1145
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/8/2021 9:10:12 PM   
marty

So the Vikings have the potential for a great OL, if they had a QB that might notice a blitz and change the protections, along with a QB that notices targets down the field more, instead of checking down so much.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 1146
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/8/2021 9:17:31 PM   
marty

Where should Zimmer be ?

Not a great HC, and as a DC his defenses in Cincy sucked in the playoffs.

His 2ndaries in Dallas were good, but it helped to have Charles Haley, Leon Lett, Tony Tolbert, some very fast LBers, and a DC that wasn't afraid to blitz.

Would you trust him in charge of your 2ndary ?

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 1147
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/8/2021 9:26:52 PM   
marty

I now see Zimmer wasn't a 2ndary coach at Dallas, that was Campo, Zimmer was an assistant coach, whatever that meant.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 1148
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/8/2021 9:36:48 PM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: jbusse

quote:

Zimmer addressed this at today's press conference. The topic begins at the 4:10 mark on the following video:

https://www.vikings.com/video/zimmer-talks-about-reasons-for-inconsistency-on-offense-bynum-s-debut-heavy-work

Hopefully he's not Dru Samia 2
Post #: 1149
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/8/2021 10:13:09 PM   
Daniel Lee Young

Zimmer: well he’s a young guy…

FFS.. compared to you.. everyone is a young guy…

I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 1150
Page:   <<   < prev  44 45 [46] 47 48   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  44 45 [46] 47 48   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode