Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  45 46 [47] 48 49   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/9/2021 10:30:17 AM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

ORIGINAL: David F.

In reviewing the 3rd-and-9 play in OT many were lamenting the poor protection and the all-long-routes. Sage rosenfells offers:

The Vikings had enough blockers for this blitz. It would have required Cousins to change the protection and the line could have picked it up easily

Cousins doesn't seem to deviate from the play called, ever.

This is where a REAL QB earns his stripes. coming to line. making adjustments based on what he sees and make the play.

Cousins can be very good if the right play is called, but if not he's going to look like a fool.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work if it's not open. Frank Zappa
Post #: 1151
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/9/2021 10:40:41 AM   
David Levine

quote:

ORIGINAL: Trekgeekscott

quote:

ORIGINAL: David F.

In reviewing the 3rd-and-9 play in OT many were lamenting the poor protection and the all-long-routes. Sage rosenfells offers:

The Vikings had enough blockers for this blitz. It would have required Cousins to change the protection and the line could have picked it up easily

Cousins doesn't seem to deviate from the play called, ever.

This is where a REAL QB earns his stripes. coming to line. making adjustments based on what he sees and make the play.

Cousins can be very good if the right play is called, but if not he's going to look like a fool.

And I would bet money that is his #1 trait in Zimmer's eyes.
Post #: 1152
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/9/2021 11:28:50 AM   
ronhextall

I listened to KFAN last night on drive home.

Do we know why Cousin’s doesn’t audible?

Can’t read defense or Zimmer doesn’t want him to?

Either way you are not going far.

Ugh.
Post #: 1153
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/9/2021 11:32:35 AM   
Murph

Rich Eisen feels a lot like us.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1QIs12XbH1A

Hey Wilf's, let's build a "Perennial Super Bowl contender" not a "perennial playoff contender".
Post #: 1154
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/9/2021 11:46:17 AM   
David F.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Murph

Rich Eisen feels a lot like us.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1QIs12XbH1A

Yeah that's basically spot on. He didn't even have the numbers handy that would show we've blown more double-digit leads than just last Sunday.

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 1155
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/9/2021 12:12:51 PM   
Jeff Jesser

quote:

ORIGINAL: jbusse

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jeff Jesser

When Udoh went down why didn't Davis replace him? Was he just inactive as I didn't see any injury related stuff.

Zimmer addressed this at today's press conference. The topic begins at the 4:10 mark on the following video:

https://www.vikings.com/video/zimmer-talks-about-reasons-for-inconsistency-on-offense-bynum-s-debut-heavy-work

Thanks but man, can he dodge that any better?
Post #: 1156
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/9/2021 12:18:41 PM   
kevinemmer

C'mon Jeff!

You know that you CANNOT play rookies unless there are no other options available!!

Post #: 1157
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/9/2021 12:55:52 PM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: jbusse

quote:

When Udoh went down why didn't Davis replace him? Was he just inactive as I didn't see any injury related stuff.

Zimmer addressed this at today's press conference. The topic begins at the 4:10 mark on the following video:

https://www.vikings.com/video/zimmer-talks-about-reasons-for-inconsistency-on-offense-bynum-s-debut-heavy-work

Thanks but man, can he dodge that any better?

I took that as a real slam on Davis.

As in, all he wants to do is maul Dlineman and make big gaping holes ... we can't get him to tap dance around people ...
Post #: 1158
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/9/2021 1:19:52 PM   
David F.

20. Minnesota Vikings (3-5)
Previous ranking: 19

Bold second-half prediction: The Vikings will have a coaching change.

Things can't stay the same. The only realistic window for Vikings owners to move on from Mike Zimmer, who has two years remaining on his contract, would come after two back-to-back losses to the Chargers and Packers. A loss to Minnesota's division rival at home in Week 11 to further emphasize its inferiority in the NFC North could be what pushes ownership to make a change. In a last-ditch effort to right the ship and save his job, Zimmer could change offensive playcallers and hand Klint Kubiak's duties to running backs coach Kennedy Polamalu (the only other person on staff who has called plays, albeit at the college level) -- though this move feels less likely than the former given the optics of Zimmer moving on from his sixth offensive coordinator since 2016. -- Courtney Cronin

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 1159
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/9/2021 1:22:29 PM   
David F.

Minnesota Vikings
Minnesota Vikings
3-5
Previous rank: No. 19

The Vikings are a formidable team with a fatal flaw: They have no idea how to close out games. It happened again on Sunday in Baltimore, where Minnesota kicked away a 14-point third-quarter lead in a crushing 34-31 overtime loss to the Ravens. The Kirk Cousins-led offense remains maddeningly hot and cold, with too many quickly extinguished possessions that put the defense in a bad spot. The Ravens ran 89 plays compared to 52 for the Vikings -- and when Anthony Barr came up with an acrobatic interception in overtime, Minnesota's offense responded with a three-and-out that doomed the team. This has been a season of immense frustration; it's fair to wonder if the Vikings are close to a breaking point.

Post #: 1160
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/9/2021 1:54:07 PM   
ratoppenheimer

any reasonable person would look at these stats and wonder how the holy hell your vikings even got this game into overtime....

Offensive Plays
Ravens: 89
Vikings: 52

First Downs
Ravens: 36
Vikings: 13

Time of Possession
Ravens: 46:04
Vikings: 23:40

the journey...is paradise.
Post #: 1161
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/9/2021 2:35:22 PM   
Jeff Jesser

It's easy.

1. Jackson played like S
2. 2 int's
3. KO for a TD
4. fake punt that worked (and then we used it to master the 3 and out)

Everything was in our favor but the defensive wizzard/tough guys team gave up 500 traditional yards and over 100 on penalties.
Post #: 1162
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/9/2021 2:37:20 PM   
Jeff Jesser

Wizzards team sits #27 in total team defense currently. Look at the resources that were given to him to 'fix' that in the last offseason.
Post #: 1163
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/9/2021 2:58:55 PM   
David F.

We are truly a weird duck this season. Currently on offense we are #9 in yards per game and #17 in points per game. Currently on defense we are #27 in yards per game and #17 in points per game. What a spread!

Post #: 1164
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/9/2021 5:50:53 PM   
marty

I hope Zimmer is fired on Monday, so the Vikes get that interim HC bump the first week when they play the Packers.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 1165
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/9/2021 6:40:17 PM   
David Levine

Adam Schefter@AdamSchefter
Minnesota Vikings’ RB Dalvin Cook is the victim of domestic abuse and extortion – there’s pending litigation, according to his agent Zac Hiller.

-----------

A strange story has emerged out of the blue on Tuesday night.

Here’s the vague tweet from Adam Schefter of ESPN.com: “Minnesota Vikings’ RB Dalvin Cook is the victim of domestic abuse and extortion – there’s pending litigation, according to his agent Zac Hiller.”

It’s confusing, to be sure. So we spoke to Hiller. Here’s what he told PFT by phone.

Roughly a year ago, someone broke into Cook’s house. The female who did it, is a sergeant in the U.S. military, attacked Cook in his home while he had a guest present. The invader then allegedly tried to extort Cook for millions of dollars, claiming that she suffered injuries during the course of the attack that she allegedly initiated.

Because she allegedly broke into Cook’s house, however, he had the right to defend himself. Litigation, per Hiller, has not yet been commenced, but it’s in the process of being initiated. No criminal complaints have been filed in connection with the incident.

Stay tuned for more details on this developing story.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/11/09/dalvin-cook-contends-that-hes-the-victim-of-domestic-abuse-and-extortion/
Post #: 1166
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/9/2021 9:03:20 PM   
David F.

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

Adam Schefter@AdamSchefter
Minnesota Vikings’ RB Dalvin Cook is the victim of domestic abuse and extortion – there’s pending litigation, according to his agent Zac Hiller.

-----------

A strange story has emerged out of the blue on Tuesday night.

Here’s the vague tweet from Adam Schefter of ESPN.com: “Minnesota Vikings’ RB Dalvin Cook is the victim of domestic abuse and extortion – there’s pending litigation, according to his agent Zac Hiller.”

It’s confusing, to be sure. So we spoke to Hiller. Here’s what he told PFT by phone.

Roughly a year ago, someone broke into Cook’s house. The female who did it, is a sergeant in the U.S. military, attacked Cook in his home while he had a guest present. The invader then allegedly tried to extort Cook for millions of dollars, claiming that she suffered injuries during the course of the attack that she allegedly initiated.

Because she allegedly broke into Cook’s house, however, he had the right to defend himself. Litigation, per Hiller, has not yet been commenced, but it’s in the process of being initiated. No criminal complaints have been filed in connection with the incident.

Stay tuned for more details on this developing story.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/11/09/dalvin-cook-contends-that-hes-the-victim-of-domestic-abuse-and-extortion/

Her side of the story is the opposite. Says she showed up there to break up and get her stuff. He got angry and violent. She says she grabbed HIS gun for protection and called a friend. Her side of the story ends with him giving her a ride to the airport the next morning. THE NEXT MORNING!?!?!?!!?!?

I have a bad feeling about this.

Post #: 1167
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/9/2021 9:19:41 PM   
David F.

And just like that now it appears there is a text exchange between them has surfaced in which he admits to it and we see a picture of her beat up face. Congrats Zimmer you just found your excuse for 2021.

Post #: 1168
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/9/2021 9:26:08 PM   
Bill Jandro

So let me get this straight Cousins is not allowed to:

-Call a time out
-Audible
-Change blocking assignments

10 year veteran earing top 5 pay.....

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 1169
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/9/2021 9:35:00 PM  1 votes
Daniel Lee Young

So.. would it be “ woke”.. to call out THIS supposedly abusive running back who is also one of the alleged unvaccinated?..

Run him out of town..

Moss his ass to the Raiders for a seventh in 2023 to recoup that lost Spielman gold.

"Thou shall not bear false witness”
I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 1170
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/9/2021 9:39:31 PM   
David Levine

Raiders can’t afford any negative publicity right now.

They’ve released both their 2020 1st round picks in the last week.
Post #: 1171
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/10/2021 10:19:34 AM   
Mark Anderson

Speilman knew of situation.

Nwangu pick starting to make more sense.
Post #: 1172
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/10/2021 10:55:40 AM   
Mister Ed

#Vikings coach Mike Zimmer said a player on the team had to go to the ER last night who is vaccinated due to COVID. He didn't name the player. Said he is stable right now. Zimmer said 29 on the Vikings are being tested due to close contact.

What was old is new again
Post #: 1173
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/10/2021 10:56:20 AM   
Mister Ed

Reports are it is Dozier who is in the hospital
Put on Covid list

What was old is new again
Post #: 1174
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/10/2021 11:08:25 AM   
David F.

Post #: 1175
Page:   <<   < prev  45 46 [47] 48 49   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  45 46 [47] 48 49   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode