Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  46 47 [48] 49 50   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/10/2021 11:11:06 AM  1 votes
Mark Anderson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mister Ed

Reports are it is Dozier who is in the hospital
Put on Covid list

NFL will be requiring boosters within the next week or so. Will that help?

Minnesota stats:

Nov. 1st 372 Breakthrough deaths

Nov. 8th 483 breakthrough deaths.

111 out of 168 new deaths reported.

Just saying that if you are older or have serious health issues, don't think the vaccine is the be all end all. Use all other precautions too.

< Message edited by Mark Anderson -- 11/10/2021 12:30:09 PM >
Post #: 1176
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/10/2021 11:57:34 AM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mark Anderson

Speilman knew of situation.

Nwangu pick starting to make more sense.

For sure.

Although if he were really worried about it you would think a RB who has returns kicks would have been prioritized over a KR that has played some RB.
Post #: 1177
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/10/2021 11:59:44 AM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

Put on Covid list

I never imagined ever having sympathy for Dozier

but I sure hope he's ok.
Post #: 1178
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/10/2021 5:46:16 PM   
marty

Are some of the unvaccinated Viking players immunized?

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 1179
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/10/2021 6:36:26 PM   
Daniel Lee Young

No, AARON, they are not..

"Thou shall not bear false witness”
I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 1180
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/11/2021 7:39:14 AM   
Ricky J

quote:

ORIGINAL: Daniel Lee Young

So.. would it be “ woke”.. to call out THIS supposedly abusive running back who is also one of the alleged unvaccinated?..

Run him out of town..

Moss his ass to the Raiders for a seventh in 2023 to recoup that lost Spielman gold.

Dalvin Cook case reeks of media manipulation and rush to judgment

Somebody is lying in a very public way about a situation that can only be described as disturbing. Both Dalvin Cook and the woman with whom he had a relationship are referring to themselves as victims at the hands of the other.

Their versions of a 2020 domestic violence incident are polar opposites in accusations, and you know who doesn't know the truth? Me. You. The media. The Vikings. The NFL. Maybe even their lawyers.

None of us was present when whatever happened, happened. Only Cook and his former girlfriend, Gracelyn Trimble, and apparently two guests in Cook's Inver Grove Heights home.

Don't worry, though: Twitter got to the bottom of it Tuesday evening. That part of this ugly story stinks to high heaven.
see more

https://www.startribune.com/dalvin-cook-case-reeks-of-media-manipulation-and-rush-to-judgment-vikings/600115299/

< Message edited by Ricky J -- 11/11/2021 7:41:14 AM >
Post #: 1181
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/11/2021 8:58:43 AM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ricky J

quote:

ORIGINAL: Daniel Lee Young

So.. would it be “ woke”.. to call out THIS supposedly abusive running back who is also one of the alleged unvaccinated?..

Run him out of town..

Moss his ass to the Raiders for a seventh in 2023 to recoup that lost Spielman gold.

Dalvin Cook case reeks of media manipulation and rush to judgment

Somebody is lying in a very public way about a situation that can only be described as disturbing. Both Dalvin Cook and the woman with whom he had a relationship are referring to themselves as victims at the hands of the other.

Their versions of a 2020 domestic violence incident are polar opposites in accusations, and you know who doesn't know the truth? Me. You. The media. The Vikings. The NFL. Maybe even their lawyers.

None of us was present when whatever happened, happened. Only Cook and his former girlfriend, Gracelyn Trimble, and apparently two guests in Cook's Inver Grove Heights home.

Don't worry, though: Twitter got to the bottom of it Tuesday evening. That part of this ugly story stinks to high heaven.
see more

https://www.startribune.com/dalvin-cook-case-reeks-of-media-manipulation-and-rush-to-judgment-vikings/600115299/

That's beautiful.

A media outlet selling a story by calling out the manipulation and rush to judgement of the story by other media outlets.

The scientific term for this is 'cannibal prostitute'.
Post #: 1182
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/11/2021 10:43:22 AM   
Tom Sykes

So I've cracked the problem with our 3-5 season.

Its Cousins getting the ball out faster.

Sure getting the ball out faster has helped the offense hum down the field like clockwork and score points ... at times ...

the quick timing mandate from our dufus HC and his ventriloquist OC dummy has helped Cousins avoid his biggest demon which is having to improvise ... it has even helped our protection and OL look miraculously adequate at times ...

BUT it has also severely handcuffed our ability to do anything more than the playcall. And if the playcall isn't that great or the defense reacts as it should ...

[insert air being let out of balloon sound effect].

Cousins is getting the ball out quicker but it also means dumping it quicker / giving up on the play quicker / not letting your all pro skill players who, unlike Cousins, can improvise the bajesus out of a defense, do more damage than the scripted plan calls for.

While other teams are looking for any and all opportunities ... we are looking for efficient execution.

Gross oversimplification absolutely. But IMO Cousins' mindset has handicapped our ability to take advantage of in-game opportunities. And there aren't that many opportunities in each game really.

< Message edited by Tom Sykes -- 11/11/2021 11:04:13 AM >
Post #: 1183
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/11/2021 11:02:39 AM  1 votes
Jeff Jesser

I aint smart and didn’t stay at a Holiday Inn but I’ll take a crack at it.

Our HC is a moron
Post #: 1184
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/11/2021 1:00:46 PM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jeff Jesser

Our HC is a moron
Sure. That affects everything. It dismisses a lot of things too.

In terms of this particular season and the boatload of issues causing 3-5 …. its not just Zimmer …

I was simply pointing to something a little more specific.
Post #: 1185
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/11/2021 5:20:12 PM   
Bill Jandro

JJ should be getting 8-10 targets per game.

Not Ham and Conklin

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 1186
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/11/2021 5:26:12 PM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Jandro

JJ should be getting 8-10 targets per game.

Not Ham and Conklin

The JJ ratio. 😜
Post #: 1187
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/11/2021 6:54:40 PM   
ronhextall

Rams sign OBJ.

All-in I think is the term. Meanwhile the Vikings GM thinks he is cool stockpiling 6th and 7th rounders and drafting kickers and punters.
Post #: 1188
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/11/2021 7:07:15 PM   
Murph

quote:

ORIGINAL: ronhextall

Rams sign OBJ.

All-in I think is the term. Meanwhile the Vikings GM thinks he is cool stockpiling 6th and 7th rounders and drafting kickers and punters.

When I saw the news break, the first thing that popped into my head was, we need to look at the Rams as a possible front office we could snip a future GM from.

It's not just this year, Snead has a track record of being aggressive.

< Message edited by Murph -- 11/11/2021 7:08:55 PM >

Hey Wilf's, let's build a "Perennial Super Bowl contender" not a "perennial playoff contender".
Post #: 1189
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/11/2021 8:13:36 PM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Murph

quote:

Rams sign OBJ.

When I saw the news break, the first thing that popped into my head was, we need to look at the Rams as a possible front office we could snip a future GM from.

Yeah. They do a good job of trading for talented guys and don't get into cap trouble.

But, is it a coincidence that the Browns lit it up after releasing OBJ? Rams have a pretty talented WR group and now you bring in OBJ and his family who love to complain if he doesn't get the ball. Time will tell.
Post #: 1190
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/11/2021 9:29:08 PM   
HL OSWALD

Watching the lowly Phins play the Ravens and it amplifies what trouble the Vikes have,...
Post #: 1191
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/11/2021 10:37:50 PM   
Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

quote:

quote:

Rams sign OBJ.

Yeah. They do a good job of trading for talented guys and don't get into cap trouble.

But, is it a coincidence that the Browns lit it up after releasing OBJ? Rams have a pretty talented WR group and now you bring in OBJ and his family who love to complain if he doesn't get the ball. Time will tell.

Exactly Mark. I think it's an insignificant signing
Post #: 1192
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/12/2021 7:56:59 AM   
Ricky J

I was up fairly early this morning and looked in here and there wasn't much action since last night. Odd, but it made me think of the days you'd wake up and there would be four new pages of posts. You'd think, "Wow, what happened!" But it'd just be Al Meyer, Barb Frazee and others going off about something goofy or other. Funny!
Post #: 1193
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/12/2021 7:58:18 AM   
Ricky J

quote:

ORIGINAL: HL OSWALD

Watching the lowly Phins play the Ravens and it amplifies what trouble the Vikes have,...

It tells me how anyone can beat any one - easier than before - in today's NFL
Post #: 1194
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/12/2021 8:01:07 AM   
Ricky J

quote:

quote:

Rams sign OBJ.

BetMGM Lion face @BetMGM
· 15h
Rams Super Bowl odds before the Odell signing: +800

Rams Super Bowl odds after the Odell signing: +800
Post #: 1195
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/12/2021 9:11:57 AM   
Jeff Jesser

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tom Sykes

quote:

Our HC is a moron

In terms of this particular season and the boatload of issues causing 3-5 …. its not just Zimmer …

I know man. Was trying to be funny. Like Zimmer, I’m an idiot too, and will watch every game hoping for something different but it won’t matter. Same stale ass offense, soft defense and bad decisions. Cousins will go down as one of the biggest Vikings bust decisions off all times. I would just like to see if that’s all him or a handcuff of Mike Zimmer. As it’s been pointed out. 2 ppl have basically given his “system” the finger and both were out of town ASAP.
Post #: 1196
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/12/2021 10:57:37 AM   
DavidAOlson

quote:

quote:

Put on Covid list

NFL will be requiring boosters within the next week or so. Will that help?

Boosters will help, probably 7-10 days after they are given. For most players, the boost will keep antibodies high through the Super Bowl.

As a rough sketch: Delta often starts as an upper respiratory tract infection. If the person is vaccinated or previously had a case, the B-cells start regenerating antibodies, and usually that stops the virus before it infects the lungs, or worse becomes a systemic infection.

For months after a boost, the immune system has a big head start: antibodies are high and a lung/systemic infection is much less likely. But eventually the T-cells and antibodies wane and the B-cells remain (for SARS, we know they're still active 17+ years later). Against a slower virus, maybe the immune system could respond fast enough to prevent an infection, but Delta takes 2-3 days to be transmissible. It's extraordinarily fast. That speed is why we'll likely need regular boosters.

But we shouldn't be surprised the Vikes are getting hit with COVID. They had a relatively low vaccination rate, and Minnesota's cases surged when the weather got colder, which pushed people indoors and closed windows.

I mistakenly thought that Delta had peaked in MN a few weeks ago when cases fell off. I expect that we'll get a post-Thanksgiving surge, and then cases will fall rapidly and Christmas might be pretty normal. Kinda depends on how many more people get vaxed, which should get a bump up now that 5-11 are now eligible (not much immediate personal benefit for the kids: they're super-low risk. But still, the vaccine is much safer than getting COVID, it'd make them less susceptible later in life, and it'd be a substantial societal benefit).

I give myself very good advice, but I very seldom follow it. --- Alice
Post #: 1197
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/12/2021 11:34:50 AM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tom Sykes

quote:

Our HC is a moron

I know man. Was trying to be funny. Like Zimmer, I’m an idiot too, and will watch every game hoping for something different but it won’t matter. Same stale ass offense, soft defense and bad decisions. Cousins will go down as one of the biggest Vikings bust decisions off all times. I would just like to see if that’s all him or a handcuff of Mike Zimmer. As it’s been pointed out. 2 ppl have basically given his “system” the finger and both were out of town ASAP.

The humor was there ... I'm just too grim these days [when I come in here] to catch it.
Post #: 1198
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/12/2021 11:35:30 AM   
Daniel Lee Young

Well, I’m fully winterised..

All shots including flu..

Got my Covid booster yesterday, although I had to sneak under the 65+ only restriction.. because I’m only 64..

Under lying health condition..

"Thou shall not bear false witness”
I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 1199
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/12/2021 12:54:17 PM   
David Levine

Chris Tomasson@christomasson
#Vikings rule LB Anthony Barr (knee) and NT Michael Pierce (elbow) out for Sunday at Los Angeles Chargers and CB Bashaud Breeland (groin) is questionable. Barr will miss his fifth game this season after playing in last four and Pierce will miss his fifth straight.
Post #: 1200
Page:   <<   < prev  46 47 [48] 49 50   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  46 47 [48] 49 50   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode