Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  57 58 [59] 60 61   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/29/2021 2:33:16 PM   
Jeff Jesser

Shit, just follow the Gophers if you want to see if a RB is a special piece to the puzzle or not. We lost our top 3 to injury and a red shirt Frosh and a true Frosh stepped in and we barely lost a beat.
Post #: 1451
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/29/2021 2:35:18 PM   
Jeff Jesser

Thomas 4.7 avg
Irving 5.0 avg
Potts 4.9 avg
Williams 5.0 avg
Ibrahim 5.4 avg

You go as your OLine goes.
Post #: 1452
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/29/2021 2:41:31 PM   
bstinger

Spend your money on the O Line and it helps your RB's and QB. Don't overpay a RB, especially an injury prone one.

"You guys are true athletes!"

--twinsfan
Post #: 1453
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/29/2021 3:35:02 PM   
beo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Brad H

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mark Anderson

quote:

ORIGINAL: HL OSWALD

Kirk Cousins lined up under right guard before a crucial fourth-down play on the goal line, forcing the Vikings to take a timeout before an incompletion...

10,000 lakes.
1 sinking ship.

The whole play was a cluster. WRs were changing sides, running into each other.

If it were Kansas City, at least one of the three plays the tight end would have lined up at QB, handing off to the extra tackle that checked in, who throws a shovel pass to Tyreek Hill for a TD. We ran the ball twice up the middle and threw to our mediocre tight end, who had no separation. In a nutshell, that's what I've come to expect from this coaching staff. They have zero imagination.

They ran a flea flicker and a double pass play both with good success.
They have some imagination... they just tighten up at exactly the time the need to leave it all on the field.

Coaching and QB go hand in hand in that regard.

I just don't personally think you'll get to the big game with either.
Post #: 1454
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/29/2021 4:10:00 PM   
David Levine

Ben Goessling@GoesslingStrib

The #Vikings announced they placed Patrick Peterson on the COVID-19 reserve list. Peterson is vaccinated, so his placement on the reserve list would suggest he tested positive.
Post #: 1455
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/29/2021 5:22:00 PM   
Brad H

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jeff Jesser

Shit, just follow the Gophers if you want to see if a RB is a special piece to the puzzle or not. We lost our top 3 to injury and a red shirt Frosh and a true Frosh stepped in and we barely lost a beat.

Running backs are a dime a dozen. Just like I've been saying in here for close to a dozen years.

Defense starts at the corners!
Post #: 1456
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/29/2021 5:56:06 PM  1 votes
Bill Johanesen

quote:

quote:

Running backs are a dime a dozen. Just like I've been saying in here for close to a dozen years.

Don't recall you ever saying that. Position-wise, all you ever trumpeted was having a dominant DL. And of course, like all here, a good OL.
Post #: 1457
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/29/2021 6:40:18 PM   
Brad H

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Johanesen

quote:

quote:

Don't recall you ever saying that. Position-wise, all you ever trumpeted was having a dominant DL. And of course, like all here, a good OL.

What is my profile signature?

Been saying running backs are a dime a dozen since Adrian Peterson was young.

Defense starts at the corners!
Post #: 1458
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/29/2021 9:22:46 PM   
Bill Jandro

quote:

Time of Possession:

San Francisco 37:07
Minnesota 22:53

That's all you need to know about this game.

This has been a staple in losses for this regime since 2017.

Screams weak in the trenches.

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 1459
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/30/2021 2:23:57 AM   
Burns

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I rarely ever agree with Brad, we are on totally different ideological spectrums, but yes, he has been saying running backs are a dime a dozen for years and I agree with him 100%

I would never spend big money on a running back.

The war is won in the trenches and with other more important skill positions – namely the QB on offense– he’s the only player on your team that touches the ball damn near every play (barring the wildcat gimmick).
Next are receivers on offence and CB’s on defense. The NFL is a passing league.

Warrior Sapper 12B Combat Engineer
Post #: 1460
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/30/2021 6:56:32 AM   
Bill Jandro

quote:

2 things I know come Monday after a Vikings game on Sunday.

1. Monday is sure to follow
2. We will have missed, at least, 1 kick

Meanwhile that Carlson kid Zim cut has become one of the best kickers in the league

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 1461
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/30/2021 7:14:00 AM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Why, I'm shocked. Shocked I tell ya!
Post #: 1462
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/30/2021 9:29:23 AM   
ronhextall

Zeke Elliot and MccAffery

Both teams have to be regretting those signings big time.
Post #: 1463
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/30/2021 10:21:47 AM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Jandro

quote:

Time of Possession:

It wasn't that long ago I was in here arguing with people about how important time of possession is . How controlling the clock is how you beat great QBs. They can't beat you if they are sitting on the sidelines and while they are there you are wearing out your oppositions defense.

Guess what happened to US on Sunday.

Another great example was when WFT beat Tampa a few weeks ago. 10 minutes 20 play drive that ended in a score and kept Tom Brady off the field to ice the game. You have to be able to RUN the ball well to do that.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work if it's not open. Frank Zappa
Post #: 1464
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/30/2021 10:23:13 AM   
Jeff Jesser

And, soon to be, Vikings.

Edit, Trekkie snuck a post in on me
Post #: 1465
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/30/2021 10:28:04 AM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

And, soon to be, Vikings.

Edit, Trekkie snuck a post in on me

Damn that sneaky Trekkie

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work if it's not open. Frank Zappa
Post #: 1466
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/30/2021 10:29:09 AM   
Jeff Jesser

quote:

ORIGINAL: Trekgeekscott

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Jandro

quote:

Time of Possession:

It wasn't that long ago I was in here arguing with people about how important time of possession is . How controlling the clock is how you beat great QBs. They can't beat you if they are sitting on the sidelines and while they are there you are wearing out your oppositions defense.

Guess what happened to US on Sunday.

Another great example was when WFT beat Tampa a few weeks ago. 10 minutes 20 play drive that ended in a score and kept Tom Brady off the field to ice the game. You have to be able to RUN the ball well to do that.

This is very true. Also illistrates how useless our GM is. Big money RB and:

2021 1st round LT and 3rd round guard who doesn't see the field
2020 2nd roung LT who doesn't plat tackle...
2019 1st round C who is benched because he can't hold up
2018 2nd round RT who is pretty damn good

That's a hell of a lot of draft capitol to suck on the OLine. Proves, yet again, that RS can't do his job.
Post #: 1467
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/30/2021 10:56:57 AM   
Bill Johanesen

For RS, the OL assets are far too little, years too late. Mixed in there are endless, and sometimes screwy, OL position changes.

And stay away from picking Ohio St. IOL, third round or otherwise.
Post #: 1468
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/30/2021 11:27:57 AM   
Daniel Lee Young

I would put more of the blame on the coaching staff for putting players in wrong positions, not being able to coach up raw talent, and doing things that do not work, over and over and over, thinking “ this time it will work, because I’m so smart, it has to..”

Zimmer’s entire staff is a clusterfuck of misuse of players, and stupid ideas..on both sides of the ball.

Captain Obvious award to myself….

"Thou shall not bear false witness”
I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 1469
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/30/2021 12:03:41 PM   
David F.

I subscribed to The Atlantic today so I could read Arif's articles.

But that wouldn’t matter if Cousins had a stronger track record of success when the chips are down. Instead, we have a few good moments and a long list of failed drives. In the Cousins era, the Vikings rank second in turnover rate on plays that occur in the final four minutes when down a score — despite fielding one of the most risk-averse quarterbacks in the NFL.

For their trouble, they rank 28th in scoring rate among teams in that situation. Cousins specifically ranks 25th of 34 quarterbacks in win probability added and 28th in expected points added in those critical end-of-game comeback situations. Teams win only 22.2 percent of games where they have the ball down one score with four minutes or less left, but the Vikings are below that mark at 15.6 percent in the Cousins era, 23rd in the NFL.

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 1470
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/30/2021 12:09:10 PM   
ronhextall

If the Vikings got rid of Cousins who do you think is starting for them in 2022? Do you think Jefferson and Thielen are going to be quiet with a total rebuild and a rookie?

I guess if you think Garoppolo or Mariotta is possible and an improvement that might work.

I would be a fan of a new HC and see if they can push Cousins buttons better. Don't extend Cousins and let next year be the end of it.
Post #: 1471
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/30/2021 12:47:54 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

ORIGINAL: Daniel Lee Young

I would put more of the blame on the coaching staff for putting players in wrong positions, not being able to coach up raw talent, and doing things that do not work, over and over and over, thinking “ this time it will work, because I’m so smart, it has to..”

Zimmer’s entire staff is a clusterfuck of misuse of players, and stupid ideas..on both sides of the ball.

Captain Obvious award to myself….

Yep, was going to add that but was too lazy. Plus there is an element of being desperate enough to try anything on the IOL And as you say, inability to coach raw talent, but how raw was/is it?
Post #: 1472
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/30/2021 12:54:40 PM   
David F.

We can't get rid of Cousins at the end of this year. $45 million guaranteed says he's all ours for 2022. I think what Arif was trying to illustrate is that Cousins doesn't navigate the urgency and implications of being down one score with four minutes to go very well.

Take, for example, his uncatchable high throw to Jefferson on 4th-and-goal last week. He literally would have been better off lobbing the ball underhanded to the center of the end zone. How can he not process that? He's a veteran starting QB.

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 1473
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/30/2021 12:57:04 PM   
Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

ORIGINAL: David F.

We can't get rid of Cousins at the end of this year. $45 million guaranteed says he's all ours for 2022. I think what Arif was trying to illustrate is that Cousins doesn't navigate the urgency and implications of being down one score with four minutes to go very well.

Take, for example, his uncatchable high throw to Jefferson on 4th-and-goal last week. He literally would have been better off lobbing the ball underhanded to the center of the end zone. How can he not process that? He's a veteran starting QB.

Reminded me of when Culpepper threw it way out of the endzone on 4th and goal years ago. ????? WHY?
Post #: 1474
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/30/2021 12:57:08 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

ORIGINAL: ronhextall

If the Vikings got rid of Cousins who do you think is starting for them in 2022? Do you think Jefferson and Thielen are going to be quiet with a total rebuild and a rookie?

I guess if you think Garoppolo or Mariotta is possible and an improvement that might work.

I would be a fan of a new HC and see if they can push Cousins buttons better. Don't extend Cousins and let next year be the end of it.

Don't see how any regime gets rid of Cousins before 2022, because it's about getting rid of his contract. As for 'total rebuild', this regime, like most, will never do that.

Button pushing? Cousins might respond to a religious zealot who convinces him the defenses are direct descendants of those who persecuted Jesus. Beyond that, he is who he is.
Post #: 1475
Page:   <<   < prev  57 58 [59] 60 61   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  57 58 [59] 60 61   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode