Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  56 57 [58] 59 60   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/28/2021 9:57:43 PM   
Mark Anderson

Zimmer with some sour grapes after game(even though I would agree with him).

"SF Offense holds on every play."
Post #: 1426
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/28/2021 10:55:18 PM   
HL OSWALD

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mark Anderson

All we get is excuses after excuses from a self absorbed blowhard full of false bravado...

Our D was rated 27rth in league and dropping after todays 400 plus yards dumped on us by an average SF offense...

Zimmer just doesnt get it... I hate to say this... but...

I hope Zimmer loses to Detroit next week and is fired before the plane takes off to return to Minny!
Post #: 1427
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/29/2021 1:44:41 AM  1 votes
ratoppenheimer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Brad H

2-minute offense. It's critical.

we need a 2-minute defense more....

the journey...is paradise.
Post #: 1428
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/29/2021 7:21:29 AM   
Brad H

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: HL OSWALD

Kirk Cousins lined up under right guard before a crucial fourth-down play on the goal line, forcing the Vikings to take a timeout before an incompletion...

10,000 lakes.
1 sinking ship.

The whole play was a cluster. WRs were changing sides, running into each other.

If it were Kansas City, at least one of the three plays the tight end would have lined up at QB, handing off to the extra tackle that checked in, who throws a shovel pass to Tyreek Hill for a TD. We ran the ball twice up the middle and threw to our mediocre tight end, who had no separation. In a nutshell, that's what I've come to expect from this coaching staff. They have zero imagination.

< Message edited by Brad H -- 11/29/2021 7:23:04 AM >

Defense starts at the corners!
Post #: 1429
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/29/2021 7:42:57 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

I was more pissed at Norman rabbit punching and jumping on Thielen's back during the fumble recovery.

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 1430
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/29/2021 7:44:58 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

quote:

All we get is excuses after excuses from a self absorbed blowhard full of false bravado...

Our D was rated 27rth in league and dropping after todays 400 plus yards dumped on us by an average SF offense...

I hope Zimmer loses to Detroit next week and is fired before the plane takes off to return to Minny!

So did you know they down to the 2nd string Dline? Bower was signed and was a PS guy most of two years. Tomlinson (Covid), Pierce (IR), Griffen (out), Hunter (out)...

How do you spell Decimated?

< Message edited by Phil Riewer -- 11/29/2021 7:46:15 AM >

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 1431
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/29/2021 7:47:26 AM   
Brad H

Time of Possession:

San Francisco 37:07
Minnesota 22:53

That's all you need to know about this game.

Post #: 1432
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/29/2021 7:57:16 AM   
Brad H

Another coach that has been vastly overhyped in the NFL is Sean McVay. Their offense is extremely boring and the talent they have on defense is off the charts.

Post #: 1433
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/29/2021 10:50:32 AM   
bstinger

quote:

ORIGINAL: Todd M

Still trying to figure out getting carted off...with a shoulder injury.

Candy ass.

"You guys are true athletes!"

--twinsfan
Post #: 1434
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/29/2021 12:01:36 PM   
Todd M

I feel like our play calling has improved, some unpredictability, some tricks plays...but I throw it all out the window after 2 awful up the middle runs and a PA pass on 4th down when we were on the goal line.
Post #: 1435
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/29/2021 12:07:49 PM   
bstinger

quote:

I feel like our play calling has improved, some unpredictability, some tricks plays...but I throw it all out the window after 2 awful up the middle runs and a PA pass on 4th down when we were on the goal line.

Crapped the bed when it mattered.

"You guys are true athletes!"

--twinsfan
Post #: 1436
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/29/2021 12:14:38 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

Exactly.

Zimmer won't change. He may have had what he thought was temporary drunken or drug based euphoria for a couple of weeks while 'going for it'. But his instincts returned, he shook off that high, decided the pass party is over, and proclaimed we need to buckle up and return to the basics, to our identity damn it, and all that which has gotten us so far.

Kid Kubiak is primarily focused on keeping his job, so much so that he is an enabler. Besides, what has he ever known or done beyond being by his dad.
Post #: 1437
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/29/2021 12:19:51 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

ORIGINAL: bstinger

quote:

Crapped the bed when it mattered.

You watch some coaches when the pressure is on. Some just keep rolling seamlessly. They don't miss a beat. Total control. Conversely, Zimmer's whole demeanor changes. He fidgets, looks around... a far cry from confidence. You can tell he basically knows he is in over his head.

And when in doubt, call a timeout! Or back to back timeouts for when he really wants the situation to go away.
Post #: 1438
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/29/2021 12:22:49 PM   
Jeff Jesser

quote:

ORIGINAL: Phil Riewer

quote:

quote:

So did you know they down to the 2nd string Dline? Bower was signed and was a PS guy most of two years. Tomlinson (Covid), Pierce (IR), Griffen (out), Hunter (out)...

How do you spell Decimated?

Honestly, I'm not sure it's mattered outside of Hunter's pass rush.

1st 3 games rushing against (when everyone was healthy) = 355

last 3 games when "decimated" = 388

We just suck on D.
Post #: 1439
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/29/2021 12:22:52 PM   
Bill Johanesen

Then there is Cousins. Given his time in and experience, fully guaranteed $$$ contract, and crap about all that is left is to win, his "I just run the called plays" statement is one of the biggest cop-outs in modern times.
Post #: 1440
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/29/2021 12:26:19 PM   
Jeff Jesser

2 things I know come Monday after a Vikings game on Sunday.

1. Monday is sure to follow
2. We will have missed, at least, 1 kick
Post #: 1441
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/29/2021 12:27:04 PM   
Bill Johanesen

Zimmer - Kid Kubiak - Cousins, the updated version of the Triangle of Authority.

Wish we had a Favre type who would give a big FU to the called plays.
Post #: 1442
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/29/2021 12:30:49 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jeff Jesser

2 things I know come Monday after a Vikings game on Sunday.

1. Monday is sure to follow
2. We will have missed, at least, 1 kick

Meanwhile Dallas made Carlson kick four times for the game winner.

The nervousness we experience watching our kicker 'set up' must be how Zimmer feels after the two-minute warning or any pressure situation.
Post #: 1443
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/29/2021 12:49:27 PM   
David F.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Johanesen

quote:

Exactly.

Zimmer won't change. He may have had what he thought was temporary drunken or drug based euphoria for a couple of weeks while 'going for it'. But his instincts returned, he shook off that high, decided the pass party is over, and proclaimed we need to buckle up and return to the basics, to our identity damn it, and all that which has gotten us so far.

Kid Kubiak is primarily focused on keeping his job, so much so that he is an enabler. Besides, what has he ever known or done beyond being by his dad.

I was in love with our game plan and execution for almost all of the first half. Then came the final two minutes of the second quarter. San Fran is driving and they get to about our thirty yard line. There was about 1:20 on the clock and I'm pleading for Zim to use our timeouts. San Fran lines up their offense and proceeds to LET 30 SECONDS RUN OFF THE CLOCK BEFORE SNAPPING THE BALL!!! ARGGGGH!!! So then they end up scoring a TD and we get the ball back with 18 seconds. We get a decent return and then run out of time and of course the cherry on top is that Kirk throws the ball away on our last play.

If this team hurts me any more this season the detectives are going to have to have me show them on a doll.

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 1444
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/29/2021 1:24:30 PM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

ORIGINAL: David F.

quote:

quote:

Exactly.

I was in love with our game plan and execution for almost all of the first half. Then came the final two minutes of the second quarter. San Fran is driving and they get to about our thirty yard line. There was about 1:20 on the clock and I'm pleading for Zim to use our timeouts. San Fran lines up their offense and proceeds to LET 30 SECONDS RUN OFF THE CLOCK BEFORE SNAPPING THE BALL!!! ARGGGGH!!! So then they end up scoring a TD and we get the ball back with 18 seconds. We get a decent return and then run out of time and of course the cherry on top is that Kirk throws the ball away on our last play.

If this team hurts me any more this season the detectives are going to have to have me show them on a doll.

It was, for me, the most blatant example of poor clock mgmt I have seen in the Zimmer era.

There are more critical examples but none more humiliating ... watching Shanahan Garappolo play with the clock was a bitch slap for Zimmer. He didn't get it then, I doubt he gets it now.
Post #: 1445
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/29/2021 1:29:21 PM   
David Levine

I've always hated drafting RBs high. This seems to support that idea:

Brett Kollmann@BrettKollmann

1st round RBs taken over the last decade:

Mark Ingram
David Wilson
Doug Martin
Trent Richardson
Melvin Gordon
Todd Gurley
Ezekiel Elliott
Christian McCaffrey
Leonard Fournette
Sony Michel
Rashaad Penny
Saquon Barkley
Josh Jacobs
Clyde Edwards-Helaire
Travis Etienne
Najee Harris

Brett Kollmann@BrettKollmann

There are some pretty good football players on this list - some of them All-Pros and OPOY winners...but how many of them got a second contract with their team? How many actually were worth that second contract?

How many, from a value prop standpoint, were good selections?
Post #: 1446
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/29/2021 1:40:58 PM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

Then there is Cousins. Given his time in and experience, fully guaranteed $$$ contract, and crap about all that is left is to win, his "I just run the called plays" statement is one of the biggest cop-outs in modern times.

Cousins is paid like an alpha wolf but he is nothing more than a worker bee with a good arm. Just tell him what to do and leave him alone.

Sadly, he'll probably come through against the 0-10-1 Lions with a FG winning last drive ... and Zimmer Spielman will be walking out of the stadium exchanging congratulatory butt slaps over their joint QB wisdom.
Post #: 1447
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/29/2021 2:05:11 PM   
David F.

Here's the top 30 rushers from week 12 so far. Three of them are QBs and one is a WR. Patterson used to be a WR. Many of them are not with their original team.

1 Joe Mixon, RB 165 2nd rounder
2 Elijah Mitchell, RB 133 6th rouner
3 Dontrell Hilliard, RB 131 undrafted
4 D'Onta Foreman, RB 109 3rd rounder
5 Cordarrelle Patterson, RB 108 1st rounder as WR
6 Leonard Fournette, RB 100 1st rounder
7 Josh Jacobs, RB 87 1st rounder
8 James Robinson, RB 86 undrafted
9 Jonathan Taylor, RB 83 2nd rounder
10 Melvin Gordon III, RB 83 1st rounder
11 Jalen Hurts, QB 77 2nd rounder
12 AJ Dillon, RB 69 2nd rounder
13 Lamar Jackson, QB 68 1st rounder
14 Tevin Coleman, RB 67 3rd rounder
15 Deebo Samuel, WR 66 2nd rounder
16 Jamaal Williams, RB 65 4th rounder
18 Boston Scott, RB 64 6th rounder
19 Darrell Henderson Jr., 55 3rd rounder
20 Javonte Williams, RB 54 2nd rounder
21 Devonta Freeman, RB 52 4th rounder
22 Myles Gaskin, RB 49 7th rounder
23 Rhamondre Stevenson, RB 46 4th rounder
24 David Montgomery, RB 46 3rd rounder
25 Devin Singletary, RB 44 3rd rounder
26 Josh Allen, QB BUF 43 1st rounder
27 Ty Johnson, RB NYJ 42 6th rounder
28 Phillip Lindsay, RB 42 undrafted
29 Damien Harris, RB 40 3rd rounder
30 Saquon Barkley, RB 40 1st rounder

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 1448
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/29/2021 2:20:30 PM   
ronhextall

RB's are the ultimate fools gold.

So fun to watch, can dominate in stretches, but are not going to get you over the hump in today's NFL, all they do is suck up cap space.
Post #: 1449
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/29/2021 2:23:02 PM   
David Levine

quote:

ORIGINAL: ronhextall

RB's are the ultimate fools gold.

So fun to watch, can dominate in stretches, but are not going to get you over the hump in today's NFL, all they do is suck up cap space.

They don't seem to hit at a particularly good rate in the 1st round and even most great ones have very short shelf lives. For every Adrian Peterson, there are probably dozens of David Johnsons.
Post #: 1450
Page:   <<   < prev  56 57 [58] 59 60   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  56 57 [58] 59 60   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode