Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  58 59 [60] 61 62   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/30/2021 1:01:28 PM   
Bill Johanesen

Also, the regime could eventually convince the WRs it's not just a QB for QB swap, but the difference in cap $ between extending Cousins - knowing this regime it would be at least $40 million per and fully guaranteed - and the cap of the new QB.

That delta can help bring in a quality player or two. Like maybe blockers who provide more time for the QB to get you (WRs) the ball.
Post #: 1476
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/30/2021 1:11:22 PM   
Bill Johanesen

Cap Numbers

Smith - 17.2
Thielen - 18
Cook - 14
Pierce - 11.5

Smith - 17.2
Thielen - 18.5
Cook - 15.6

Smith - 20
Cook - 14.5

Harrison has to have pics of the Wilfs and sheep. Has to.
Post #: 1477
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/30/2021 1:51:49 PM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

ORIGINAL: beo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Brad H

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mark Anderson

quote:

ORIGINAL: HL OSWALD

Kirk Cousins lined up under right guard before a crucial fourth-down play on the goal line, forcing the Vikings to take a timeout before an incompletion...

10,000 lakes.
1 sinking ship.

The whole play was a cluster. WRs were changing sides, running into each other.

If it were Kansas City, at least one of the three plays the tight end would have lined up at QB, handing off to the extra tackle that checked in, who throws a shovel pass to Tyreek Hill for a TD. We ran the ball twice up the middle and threw to our mediocre tight end, who had no separation. In a nutshell, that's what I've come to expect from this coaching staff. They have zero imagination.

They ran a flea flicker and a double pass play both with good success.
They have some imagination... they just tighten up at exactly the time the need to leave it all on the field.

Coaching and QB go hand in hand in that regard.

I just don't personally think you'll get to the big game with either.

Bingo. The two straight ahead rushes were just wasted opportunities. If the T.O.P. were reversed and we were gashing the 49ers Dline, then try to pound it in. We needed to throw the ball 4 times with the skill players we have.
Post #: 1478
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/30/2021 1:59:02 PM   
David F.

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: beo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Brad H

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: HL OSWALD

Kirk Cousins lined up under right guard before a crucial fourth-down play on the goal line, forcing the Vikings to take a timeout before an incompletion...

10,000 lakes.
1 sinking ship.

The whole play was a cluster. WRs were changing sides, running into each other.

If it were Kansas City, at least one of the three plays the tight end would have lined up at QB, handing off to the extra tackle that checked in, who throws a shovel pass to Tyreek Hill for a TD. We ran the ball twice up the middle and threw to our mediocre tight end, who had no separation. In a nutshell, that's what I've come to expect from this coaching staff. They have zero imagination.

They ran a flea flicker and a double pass play both with good success.
They have some imagination... they just tighten up at exactly the time the need to leave it all on the field.

Coaching and QB go hand in hand in that regard.

I just don't personally think you'll get to the big game with either.

Bingo. The two straight ahead rushes were just wasted opportunities. If the T.O.P. were reversed and we were gashing the 49ers Dline, then try to pound it in. We needed to throw the ball 4 times with the skill players we have.

Yikes. Instead we ran Mattison twice, Threw once to Conklin and threw it a second time to the hot dog salesman in section 142.

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 1479
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/30/2021 5:51:28 PM   
Bill Jandro

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Johanesen

quote:

ORIGINAL: ronhextall

If the Vikings got rid of Cousins who do you think is starting for them in 2022? Do you think Jefferson and Thielen are going to be quiet with a total rebuild and a rookie?

I guess if you think Garoppolo or Mariotta is possible and an improvement that might work.

I would be a fan of a new HC and see if they can push Cousins buttons better. Don't extend Cousins and let next year be the end of it.

Don't see how any regime gets rid of Cousins before 2022, because it's about getting rid of his contract. As for 'total rebuild', this regime, like most, will never do that.

Button pushing? Cousins might respond to a religious zealot who convinces him the defenses are direct descendants of those who persecuted Jesus. Beyond that, he is who he is.

Dabo Sweeney

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 1480
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/30/2021 7:51:31 PM   
Bill Jandro

Any news on Darrisaw?

To me he's way more important than Cook

Post #: 1481
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/30/2021 8:19:36 PM   
Ricky J

Matthew Coller @MatthewColler

Updated NFC playoff odds per 538:

Vikings 49%
Football team 44%
Saints 24%
Eagles 22%

3-0 sweep of GB - other than the SB what could be better?
Post #: 1482
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/1/2021 10:28:35 AM   
David Levine

Chris Tomasson@christomasson

#Vikings Bashaud Breeland was holding down the last spot in Pro Football Focus ranking of cornerbacks early this season but he's now No. 110 of 118. But challenging for the last spot now is #Vikings Mackensie Alexander, ranked No. 117 out of 118.
Post #: 1483
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/1/2021 10:47:18 AM   
David F.

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

#Vikings Bashaud Breeland was holding down the last spot in Pro Football Focus ranking of cornerbacks early this season but he's now No. 110 of 118. But challenging for the last spot now is #Vikings Mackensie Alexander, ranked No. 117 out of 118.

Why is it always our guys?

I just looked it up. PFF has Dantzler at #65 and Patrick Peterson at #88 - both of which are respectable. Why are our coaches so averse to playing Dantzler?

< Message edited by David F. -- 12/1/2021 10:54:00 AM >

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 1484
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/1/2021 11:34:31 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: David F.

quote:

I just looked it up. PFF has Dantzler at #65 and Patrick Peterson at #88 - both of which are respectable. Why are our coaches so averse to playing Dantzler?

Dantzler is a little thin and struggles on run support....

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 1485
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/1/2021 11:38:02 AM  1 votes
David Levine

Vikings safety Harrison Smith said he has not changed his mind regarding vaccination He remains unvaccinated
Post #: 1486
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/1/2021 11:41:46 AM  1 votes
Trekgeekscott

quote:

Vikings safety Harrison Smith said he has not changed his mind regarding vaccination He remains unvaccinated

We did fine without him. He costs too much money, bench his ass.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work if it's not open. Frank Zappa
Post #: 1487
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/1/2021 12:07:06 PM   
Trekgeekscott

Well,
W may have the middle of our DLine back this week. Michael Pierce has been designated for return and Dalvin Tomlinson mayy be reinstated from the Covid List. Which is good against a team that will NEED to run the ball to have aa chance.

Post #: 1488
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/1/2021 12:23:35 PM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Trekgeekscott

Well,
W may have the middle of our DLine back this week. Michael Pierce has been designated for return and Dalvin Tomlinson mayy be reinstated from the Covid List. Which is good against a team that will NEED to run the ball to have aa chance.

Plus, I thought Lynch and Watts, even new guy(Smith) played well. I thought they did their job considering how many minutes they were on the field. Back 7 couldn't tackle to save their lives.

< Message edited by Mark Anderson -- 12/1/2021 12:25:50 PM >
Post #: 1489
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/1/2021 2:23:11 PM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

quote:

Well,

Plus, I thought Lynch and Watts, even new guy(Smith) played well. I thought they did their job considering how many minutes they were on the field. Back 7 couldn't tackle to save their lives.

You mean Bynum I think Mark.

Post #: 1490
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/1/2021 2:26:04 PM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

Cap Numbers

Smith - 17.2
Thielen - 18
Cook - 14
Pierce - 11.5

Smith - 17.2
Thielen - 18.5
Cook - 15.6

Smith - 20
Cook - 14.5

Harrison has to have pics of the Wilfs and sheep. Has to.

Dead cap looks better than the full fledge numbers:

22: Hunter and Smith 7.5, Thielen 11, Cook 9, Pierce 4

Post #: 1491
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/1/2021 2:34:56 PM   
David Levine

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Jandro

Any news on Darrisaw?

To me he's way more important than Cook

#Vikings coach Mike Zimmer said Christian Darrisaw has an ankle injury and his status remains to be seen for Sunday's game at Detroit.
Post #: 1492
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/1/2021 4:06:26 PM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

ORIGINAL: Phil Riewer

quote:

quote:

Well,

You mean Bynum I think Mark.

I think he was talking about TJ Smith

Post #: 1493
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/1/2021 7:14:26 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

quote:

How is #88 respectable?
Post #: 1494
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/1/2021 7:18:59 PM   
David F.

quote:

quote:

quote:

How is #88 respectable?

I figure because a team, for the most part, has three starting CBs so if you can be in the top 96 at least you belong on the field.

Post #: 1495
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/1/2021 7:20:31 PM   
David F.

It's always the Vikings...

Gil Brandt
@Gil_Brandt
· 6h
The Vikings are the 22nd team in history to have a 7+ point lead in each of their first 11 games of a season. None of the previous 21 were below .500 at that point.

Post #: 1496
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/2/2021 6:42:51 AM   
Bill Jandro

quote:

It's always the Vikings...

Gil Brandt
@Gil_Brandt
· 6h
The Vikings are the 22nd team in history to have a 7+ point lead in each of their first 11 games of a season. None of the previous 21 were below .500 at that point.

Definitely speaks poor coaching/clock mgnt ect

Post #: 1497
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/2/2021 10:13:51 AM   
Trekgeekscott

Olabisi Johnson put on the Covid list.

Whatever shall we do without him?

Post #: 1498
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/2/2021 10:25:43 AM   
Bill Johanesen

Following the Vikings year round is kind of like the circle of life from The Lion King, of course without the sun-filled happy ending.
Post #: 1499
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/2/2021 2:29:22 PM   
David Levine

Mark Craig@markcraignfl

Tomlinson off COVID list and practicing. Barr back practicing. Darrisaw, Bynum and obviously Cook not practicing. Pierce, who is designated for return this week, practicing for the second day in a row.
Post #: 1500
Page:   <<   < prev  58 59 [60] 61 62   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  58 59 [60] 61 62   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode