Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  82 83 [84] 85 86   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/23/2021 2:24:13 PM   
David F.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mark Anderson

quote:

ORIGINAL: David F.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tom Sykes

quote:

66% Completion Rate, 3656 Yards passing, 29 TDs, 6 INTs. Those are the stats after 3 bad weeks......

Its a Kirk Cousins way of looking at Kirk Cousins ...

Regurgitate the stats literally without addressing the components that usually decide games.

Which components? How many gw drives this year w/o a fumble at cincy and a missed FG at Arizona? That was the last goal post.

Team has the 30th ranked Defense, 30th ranked Pass Blocking...those are the facts.

I'm so sick of typing this. Not the 30th ranked defense. Not the 30th ranked pass blocking.

Tell us what the real rankings are. I think we are 26th on defense. Not sure on the other.

Are you serious? I've posted them so many times both in yards, points, and PFF. Granted they change week to week but still...

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 2076
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/23/2021 2:31:50 PM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

66% Completion Rate, 3656 Yards passing, 29 TDs, 6 INTs. Those are the stats after 3 bad weeks......

Regurgitate the stats literally without addressing the components that usually decide games.

Which components? How many gw drives this year w/o a fumble at cincy and a missed FG at Arizona? That was the last goal post.

Team has the 30th ranked Defense, 30th ranked Pass Blocking...those are the facts.

I'm so sick of typing this. Not the 30th ranked defense. Not the 30th ranked pass blocking.

Tell us what the real rankings are. I think we are 26th on defense. Not sure on the other.

Are you serious? I've posted them so many times both in yards, points, and PFF. Granted they change week to week but still...

ESPN says 26th on pass block win rate. How they measure that, I don't know.
Post #: 2077
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/23/2021 2:59:30 PM   
David Levine

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

quote:

ORIGINAL: jbusse

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

30th in yards, 23rd in points.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2021/opp.htm

That has us 28th in yards and 21st in points when I look at it.

32 teams

D'oh!

I guess since Phil always chooses to make us 30th, I assumed he was picking last - not 3rd to last...

< Message edited by David Levine -- 12/23/2021 3:01:11 PM >
Post #: 2078
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/23/2021 4:04:21 PM   
David F.

Ironically this is the first week in some time that we’ve been 30rh ranked defense in any category.

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 2079
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/23/2021 4:29:29 PM   
Daniel Lee Young

quote:

ORIGINAL: ratoppenheimer

Rose was reinstated from the Vikings' practice squad COVID-list and cut by the team Tuesday.

The 24-year-old was signed to the Vikings' practice squad in early September but failed to crack the active roster before being let go Tuesday. Rose will now look to find a new team in need of depth at running back, while he's still waiting to make his NFL debut.

That fn sucks..

"Thou shall not bear false witness”
I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 2080
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/23/2021 10:53:27 PM   
Ricky J

Wouldn't have to twist my arm too hard to trade schedules with Philly.
Then again just beat LA and see what happens
Post #: 2081
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/23/2021 11:12:19 PM  2 votes
Todd M

Dalvin I would do anything to win...but I won't do that Cook.

< Message edited by Todd M -- 12/24/2021 12:29:11 AM >
Post #: 2082
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/24/2021 12:26:57 AM   
bohumm

quote:

quote:

quote:

Which week you picking? aren't we on week 16?

Well they only update that thing every four weeks or so. It's not like any of those injured starters for Green Bay have played since two weeks ago. We got Pierce and Peterson back though.

Lost Mattison and Chisena to Covid so lets not cherry pick.

Oh no, not Chisena!!!!
Post #: 2083
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/24/2021 3:15:39 AM   
ratoppenheimer

We’ve been monitoring the situation with Minnesota Vikings’ defensive end Everson Griffen since it happened just over a month ago. While his return to the field is way down on the list of priorities, it appears we may have gotten some sort of answer as to his status.

On the Vikings Happy Hour podcast last night, Darren Wolfson of KSTP dropped the tidbit that the Vikings are not expecting Griffen to be back this season.

the journey...is paradise.
Post #: 2084
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/24/2021 3:25:03 AM   
ratoppenheimer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Daniel Lee Young

quote:

Rose was reinstated from the Vikings' practice squad COVID-list and cut by the team Tuesday.

The 24-year-old was signed to the Vikings' practice squad in early September but failed to crack the active roster before being let go Tuesday. Rose will now look to find a new team in need of depth at running back, while he's still waiting to make his NFL debut.

That fn sucks..

With Mattison activated off the COVID-19/Reserve list this week, it seemed like the team had plenty of depth at running back. The Vikings released A,J. Rose Jr. from the practice squad in the same week.

Then the team hit a snag. Minnesota had to place Cook on the COVID-19/Reserve list. Cook is unvaccinated, and he will miss the Week 16 matchup against the Rams.

According to Chris Tomasson of the Pioneer Press, Rose had some traveling this week. The running back flew out to New York in hopes of signing with the Jets practice squad. But when the Vikings had to put Cook in COVID-19 protocol, Rose flew back and signed with Minnesota instead.

Rose thrived for the team this preseason. He didn’t end up making the active roster, but the Vikings have a strong running back corps. If Rose can factor in on Sunday vs. Los Angeles, he could raise his stock in the process.

the journey...is paradise.
Post #: 2085
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/24/2021 6:32:00 AM   
Todd M

quote:

We’ve been monitoring the situation with Minnesota Vikings’ defensive end Everson Griffen since it happened just over a month ago. While his return to the field is way down on the list of priorities, it appears we may have gotten some sort of answer as to his status.

On the Vikings Happy Hour podcast last night, Darren Wolfson of KSTP dropped the tidbit that the Vikings are not expecting Griffen to be back this season.

Sucks.

I've always been a big fan but in the back of my mind I'll always wonder if not taking care of himself and possibly exacerbating his issues with partying led to his fall. You want to be sympathetic to the mental illness but he was making the same promises this time to take care of himself and do the right things he did after his first fall I'm not sure it's worth another chance with us
Post #: 2086
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/24/2021 7:29:34 AM   
Bill Jandro

quote:

ORIGINAL: Todd M

quote:

Sucks.

I've always been a big fan but in the back of my mind I'll always wonder if not taking care of himself and possibly exacerbating his issues with partying led to his fall. You want to be sympathetic to the mental illness but he was making the same promises this time to take care of himself and do the right things he did after his first fall I'm not sure it's worth another chance with us

Pretty sure Griffs football career is over at this point.

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 2087
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/24/2021 7:31:15 AM   
Ricky J

Being young comes with being dumb

Doing stupid shit takes longer to get out of one's system than it does others - some it's a permanent thing

There's no figuring it - except in retrospect.
Post #: 2088
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/24/2021 7:37:06 AM   
Ricky J

quote:

quote:

That fn sucks..

Rose back to MN
Post #: 2089
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/24/2021 8:11:45 AM   
David F.

quote:

quote:

Sucks.

I contend it is impossible to get the self care needed to handle mental health issues while being in an nfl team. The culture is just barely even now becoming somewhat accepting of the idea that injuries should be prevented. treating mental health is barely accepted in the regular world.

Post #: 2090
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/24/2021 9:29:41 AM   
Daniel Lee Young

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ricky J

quote:

quote:

That fn sucks..

Rose back to MN

Well.. I know I’m in the minority, on Rose, but I think he has potential..

His running style and ability to move a pile is what was so impressive..

Doesn’t matter if you are a first stringer or a “ preseason” guy.. carrying the ball and dragging 3-4 tacklers 4 yards.. or more is a talent.

I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 2091
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/24/2021 10:53:21 AM  1 votes
Murph

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

That fn sucks..

Rose back to MN

Doesn’t matter if you are a first stringer or a “ preseason” guy.. carrying the ball and dragging 3-4 tacklers 4 yards.. or more is a talent.

I agree Dan, he caught my eye too. I thought he also shows a lot of patience before hitting the hole.

I love Dalvin but he's injured a lot and paid a lot. The new regime may choose to trade him so I'd like to keep the rest of our rb's.

Both Mckinnon and Boone were good too. I just wish we scouted O linemen like we do rb's.

Hey Wilf's, let's build a "Perennial Super Bowl contender" not a "perennial playoff contender".
Post #: 2092
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/24/2021 11:00:19 AM   
bohumm

quote:

quote:

quote:

Sucks.

I contend it is impossible to get the self care needed to handle mental health issues while being in an nfl team. The culture is just barely even now becoming somewhat accepting of the idea that injuries should be prevented. treating mental health is barely accepted in the regular world.

I've said this for a long time as well. If we expand it to addiction, for the most part these guys are just too insulated from their consequences to have the proper perspective and motivation. There's also a premium on feeling like you can power through anything in that environment, and that doesn't work with mental health and addiction issues.
Post #: 2093
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/24/2021 11:01:43 AM   
bohumm

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

That fn sucks..

Rose back to MN

I'm with you on this, Dan. I was surprised he signed with the Vikings PS because the three above him were so entrenched and he looked so good in preseason in ways that seemed they would translate.
Post #: 2094
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/24/2021 11:01:46 AM   
jbusse

0.4% chance of winning Super Bowl, 31% to make playoffs.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2021-nfl-predictions/
Post #: 2095
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/24/2021 1:46:32 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

ORIGINAL: bohumm

quote:

quote:

quote:

Well they only update that thing every four weeks or so. It's not like any of those injured starters for Green Bay have played since two weeks ago. We got Pierce and Peterson back though.

Oh no, not Chisena!!!!

Phil's bizarro universe.
Post #: 2096
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/24/2021 1:50:30 PM   
bohumm

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Johanesen

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Oh no, not Chisena!!!!

Phil's bizarro universe.

Let's see...Starting NT and CB vs. back-up RB and sub-replacement level gunner? Sounds even to me!!!
Post #: 2097
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/24/2021 1:56:15 PM   
Bill Johanesen

It is a challenge to get the Sheldon Richardson's, Patrick Peterson, Vigil, Dalvin Tomlinsons, etc. to sign at reasonable terms (w/o Zimmer)...

If all these FAs have such a love affair with Zimmer, then (coherently) explain why they leave in the first place.

I'll wait for your "facts".

Obviously you believe the clichés the agents send out - Minny is a great fit, love the coaches, blah, blah - while they instead are merely chasing $.

You think Patrick Peterson was fine with a one-year deal? You think Tomlinson had a better offer elsewhere? Listing Vigil shows desperation.

WOW!
Post #: 2098
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/24/2021 1:57:43 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Johanesen

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Oh no, not Chisena!!!!

Phil's bizarro universe.

Let's see...Starting NT and CB vs. back-up RB and sub-replacement level gunner? Sounds even to me!!!

Amazingly, those were his cherry picked names!
Post #: 2099
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/24/2021 9:59:43 PM   
Daniel Lee Young

I’m wishing you all a merry Christmas..

2022 is right around the corner..

Stay healthy and safe.

I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 2100
Page:   <<   < prev  82 83 [84] 85 86   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  82 83 [84] 85 86   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode