Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  7 8 [9] 10 11   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/30/2021 8:30:46 PM   
David Levine

Trae Wayne’s is finally playing for Cincy.

Just gave up a 50 yard completition…

< Message edited by David Levine -- 9/30/2021 8:38:33 PM >
Post #: 201
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/30/2021 10:24:22 PM   
marty

Waynes and Rhodes made to look pretty good with pressure from Griffen [Allen], Hunter, Harrison and Kendricks.

Without them, ....

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 202
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/30/2021 10:26:52 PM   
David F.

Bengals steal one on a last second field goal over the winless jaguars. They hit a 20-or-so yard pass to TE Uzomah with about 35 seconds left. They still ran one more run play to gain 5 or 6 more yards to make the FG a 35-yarder instead of a 41 yarder for their rookie kicker that had missed from about 40 earlier in the game.

Sound familiar until the run play?

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 203
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/1/2021 2:57:05 AM   
Daniel Lee Young

quote:

ORIGINAL: David F.

Bengals steal one on a last second field goal over the winless jaguars. They hit a 20-or-so yard pass to TE Uzomah with about 35 seconds left. They still ran one more run play to gain 5 or 6 more yards to make the FG a 35-yarder instead of a 41 yarder for their rookie kicker that had missed from about 40 earlier in the game.

And my fantasy football pick’em pool says thank you…

Lynn moderates but won’t play..

She has a valid reason.

"Thou shall not bear false witness”
I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 204
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/1/2021 3:04:06 AM   
Daniel Lee Young

Artero, , used to play, del johns, TM, others..

Now it’s a ghost town saloon..

Richie air mailed this weeks picks, just Mz Falz and myself, bear the torch, me, from my porch..

Laurie, from the far side of the moon?

I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 205
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/1/2021 8:10:00 AM   
Toby Stumbo

quote:

ORIGINAL: TJSweens

quote:

ORIGINAL: ambear

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ricky J

quote:

ORIGINAL: ambear

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: thebigo

I'm just starting to get used to it myself!

Ah, good for you!!

Went on permanent vacation a year ago and never looked back. Just completed my through hike on the Appalachian trail last month. Hardest thing I've ever done but glad to have been able to do it at 61. Next on my list, a year of Viking games. If that doesn't kill me nothing will!

Great stuff! Funny, too.

I rode Route 66 this spring on my bicycle. April 12 from Santa Monica to Buckingham Fountain on Lake Michigan in Chicago (backwards) on May 15.

Going to all the Viking games sounds like a great idea. After this trucking gig I'd like to do another ride.

Wow! I'm retiring on Nov 1 and all I have planned is planting my ass on a beach in Florida until May.

Same here, I winter in Ft Lauderdale. Congrats!

Congrats to you too. We're on Fort Myers Beach.

See you in about 8 years.

GO VIKES!
Post #: 206
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/1/2021 10:07:20 AM   
Lynn G.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Daniel Lee Young

quote:

And my fantasy football pick’em pool says thank you…

Lynn moderates but won’t play..

She has a valid reason.

I'm actually not moderating over there. I started the pool about a decade ago, and played for quite a few years, but I haven't had anything to do with that board for about three years. My name may still be listed because I started it, but I'm not moderating.

Put our country back in the hands of people who actually want to do things to help everyday citizens. Elect Democrats.
Post #: 207
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/1/2021 10:09:58 AM   
Daniel Lee Young

Hey.. I’m looking for recommendation or opinions on a stay In Minneapolis, over the Christmas weekend from the 24- 27 th of dec 2021.

Thinking about the Moxy..
Wife and I will possibly drive up the 23rd, then check in the 24th.

This is kinda a bucket list trip..

Will be our first, but possibly not our last..

In case your wondering.. we don’t want to spend Christmas in omaha, for personal reason..

But also looking for input..

Anyone?

< Message edited by Daniel Lee Young -- 10/1/2021 10:11:36 AM >

I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 208
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/1/2021 10:44:27 AM   
David F.

quote:

Hey.. I’m looking for recommendation or opinions on a stay In Minneapolis, over the Christmas weekend from the 24- 27 th of dec 2021.

In case your wondering.. we don’t want to spend Christmas in omaha, for personal reason..

Anyone?

Are you going to the Rams game on the 26th?

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 209
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/1/2021 11:11:22 AM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: ratoppenheimer

Dustin Baker@DustBaker
The Vikings are the first team in NFL history to score 85+ points in the first 3 games of a season while committing just one turnover or less -- and have a losing record to show for it.

When we start 0-2 we put ourselves in such a hole to dig out of. If we don't win at least 3 of the next 4 we end up dealing with no better than 2-4 when the dust settles. If we do we're 3-3 big whoop. We got one of those needed wins now have to get 2 or more out of the next three.

< Message edited by kgdabom -- 10/1/2021 11:16:13 AM >

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 210
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/1/2021 11:17:39 AM   
Daniel Lee Young

quote:

quote:

Anyone?

Yea, that’s the plan.. I’d like physical tickets, as memorabilia..

Do they even do physical tickets anymore?

Looking on stub hub for mid level Vikings side 20-30 yawed lineish..tix.

< Message edited by Daniel Lee Young -- 10/1/2021 11:37:47 AM >

I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 211
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/1/2021 11:42:27 AM   
David F.

quote:

quote:

quote:

Anyone?

Yea, that’s the plan.. I’d like physical tickets, as memorabilia..

Do they even do physical tickets anymore?

Looking on stub hub for mid level Vikings side 20-30 yawed lineish..tix.

There aren't any physical tickets anymore unfortunately.

Post #: 212
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/1/2021 5:27:15 PM   
Daniel Lee Young

Wow.. I Boston accented the yard line..

I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 213
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/1/2021 6:19:18 PM   
thebigo

quote:

I'd be looking more towards the fawty.
Post #: 214
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/1/2021 8:14:59 PM   
Ricky J

quote:

ORIGINAL: thebigo

quote:

I'd be looking more towards the fawty.

Lower 3rd deck isnt so bad if you're looking to save a couple bucks
Post #: 215
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/1/2021 8:37:35 PM   
Daniel Lee Young

My wife.. who has no clue about football..is afraid of heights..

I tried to get her to go for some third deck middle.. like 80$ a ticket.., nope..

I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 216
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/2/2021 9:21:19 AM   
Ricky J

quote:

My wife.. who has no clue about football..is afraid of heights..

I tried to get her to go for some third deck middle.. like 80$ a ticket.., nope..

I didn't realize being a scared of heights could be so expensive ;)

- I'd like to go to this game
Post #: 217
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/2/2021 9:34:34 AM   
Ricky J

quote:

And so it begins ...

Andrew Krammer @Andrew_Krammer
·
15m
Justin Jefferson grins, saying he needs some of Adam Thielen's "share" in the end zone as his teammate has 18 TDs in his last 18 games.

Remember when everyone was talking about how they loved what Diggs had to say in his infancy?

The follow up:

Strib: The Vikings receiver [Theilen] leads the NFL in red-zone touchdowns since the 2019 season, with 19.
Since the beginning of 2019, Thielen and the Packers' Davante Adams are tied for the most receiving touchdowns in the league. Both have 24 scores in that time, and both have done it by connecting with their quarterbacks in the red zone: Thielen has 19 touchdowns inside opponents' 20-yard lines, and Adams has 18.
Post #: 218
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/2/2021 10:12:58 AM   
jbusse

quote:

quote:

And so it begins ...

·
15m
Justin Jefferson grins, saying he needs some of Adam Thielen's "share" in the end zone as his teammate has 18 TDs in his last 18 games.

Remember when everyone was talking about how they loved what Diggs had to say in his infancy?

The follow up:

Strib: The Vikings receiver [Theilen] leads the NFL in red-zone touchdowns since the 2019 season, with 19.
Since the beginning of 2019, Thielen and the Packers' Davante Adams are tied for the most receiving touchdowns in the league. Both have 24 scores in that time, and both have done it by connecting with their quarterbacks in the red zone: Thielen has 19 touchdowns inside opponents' 20-yard lines, and Adams has 18.

A true success story. The fact that it took him three years to get a full allotment of opportunities as a receiver makes one wonder whether it truly took him that long to develop into an NFL caliber WR or whether the Vikings misjudged how talented he was during those first few years. You have to give the Vikings credit for seeing enough talent to sign him as an UDFA, but still why did it take him so long to crack the WR lineup on a regular basis? It's not as though the Vikings had a surfeit of WR talent during those early years.
Post #: 219
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/2/2021 10:21:27 AM   
Ricky J

quote:

ORIGINAL: jbusse

quote:

quote:

And so it begins ...

·
15m

The follow up:

A true success story. The fact that it took him three years to get a full allotment of opportunities as a receiver makes one wonder whether it truly took him that long to develop into an NFL caliber WR or whether the Vikings misjudged how talented he was during those first few years. You have to give the Vikings credit for seeing enough talent to sign him as an UDFA, but still why did it take him so long to crack the WR lineup on a regular basis? It's not as though the Vikings had a surfeit of WR talent during those early years.

Not a lot of people have had as many stereotypes working against them as AT has had ... there's that theory
Post #: 220
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/2/2021 10:41:32 AM   
Jeff Jesser

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

And so it begins ...

·
15m

The follow up:

Not a lot of people have had as many stereotypes working against them as AT has had ... there's that theory

JMO but it's not as egregious as you would think when you look at the roster at the time. In his rookie year we had Jennings and Simpson (and remember that Simpson was a human highlight real, so we all thought). The next 2 years he was battling drafted guys like Wright and Patterson along with the "home runs" we tried to bring in like Charles Johnson and Mike Wallace. They were throwing a lot of shit at that wall hoping for it to stick. Then they drafted Diggs in his 3rd year. Tough for him to crack. It's pretty wild when you look back at the rosters of those years. Just look at the QB "depth"

2013 - Ponder/Freeman/Cassel 1st/1st vet

2014 - Bridge/Ponder/Cassel 1st/1st vet

2015 - Bridge/Hill 1st/

You can literally trace back to the time that Zimmer lost it.
Post #: 221
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/2/2021 11:27:45 AM   
jbusse

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jeff Jesser

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

And so it begins ...

·
15m

The follow up:

JMO but it's not as egregious as you would think when you look at the roster at the time. In his rookie year we had Jennings and Simpson (and remember that Simpson was a human highlight real, so we all thought). The next 2 years he was battling drafted guys like Wright and Patterson along with the "home runs" we tried to bring in like Charles Johnson and Mike Wallace. They were throwing a lot of shit at that wall hoping for it to stick. Then they drafted Diggs in his 3rd year. Tough for him to crack. It's pretty wild when you look back at the rosters of those years. Just look at the QB "depth"

2013 - Ponder/Freeman/Cassel 1st/1st vet

2014 - Bridge/Ponder/Cassel 1st/1st vet

2015 - Bridge/Hill 1st/

You can literally trace back to the time that Zimmer lost it.

I'd counter to say that a player like Charles Johnson was borderline NFL talent. If I recall, Johnson was particularly poor in terms of contested catches, which is where Thielen has excelled. As such, it either genuinely took Thielen three years to figure it all out or the coaches at the time were a poor judge of talent. I guess we'll never know. A little boost to the offense might have done wonders for the 2015 team.
Post #: 222
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/2/2021 11:38:34 AM   
jbusse

Regardless, the Vikings early underestimation of Thielen pales in comparison to Gardenhire's/Terry Ryan's evaluation of David Ortiz. After watching Ortiz every day for five years, they replaced him in the lineup with Matthew LeCroy.
Post #: 223
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/2/2021 1:03:30 PM   
TJSweens

quote:

Regardless, the Vikings early underestimation of Thielen pales in comparison to Gardenhire's/Terry Ryan's evaluation of David Ortiz. After watching Ortiz every day for five years, they replaced him in the lineup with Matthew LeCroy.

In their defense, Ortiz didn't start juicing until he got to Boston.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 224
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/2/2021 6:47:09 PM   
Ricky J

quote:

quote:

In their defense, Ortiz didn't start juicing until he got to Boston.

Souhan:

That's why, when he [Ortiz] hit the market and 29 teams had a chance to bid on him, he wound up signing a one-year deal for $1.25 million to be Boston's backup first baseman.

Ortiz showed up in Boston bigger, stronger, more determined and with a better swing, and he punished American League pitching and the Twins' reputation for years.

< Message edited by Ricky J -- 10/2/2021 6:51:47 PM >
Post #: 225
Page:   <<   < prev  7 8 [9] 10 11   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  7 8 [9] 10 11   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode