Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  9 10 [11] 12 13   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/3/2021 5:32:56 PM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mark Anderson

quote:

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: HL OSWALD

While watching the rest of NFL games its glaring just how outmatched our coaching staff is...

Situational awareness? in game adjustments? Shifting to cover an opponents strength you didnt game plan for?

He no, Zimm will play Zimm ball...

How would you grade Stefanski today?

They(Browns) were physically dominant on both sides of the ball and it still came down to the last play.

Stefanski was average at best. However I've never seen a qb miss so many open guys either. It's been quite some time anyway.

I'm just saying their are 12-15 message boards around the country calling for coaches' heads every weekend.

Firing everybody isn't going to help us this season so why hope for it. If it continues on this path, they will be gone at the end of the year.

It may be a little to early. Lose next week and I have zero problems with letting him go.

1-5 into Bye and then you have a point. Give Patterson the Interim job and play it out. He deserves a shot at some point(if he wants one).

It's not a big stretch to say we can be 3-3 headed into Bye.

< Message edited by Mark Anderson -- 10/3/2021 5:34:21 PM >
Post #: 251
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/3/2021 5:49:03 PM   
Richard Neussendorfer

We're going to need to be. The 5 straight games after the bye are tough.
Post #: 252
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/3/2021 5:51:39 PM   
Richard Neussendorfer

Zimmer record against winning teams getting worse than the already historic low that it was.
Post #: 253
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/3/2021 6:31:26 PM   
bohumm

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

While watching the rest of NFL games its glaring just how outmatched our coaching staff is...

Situational awareness? in game adjustments? Shifting to cover an opponents strength you didnt game plan for?

They(Browns) were physically dominant on both sides of the ball and it still came down to the last play.

Stefanski was average at best. However I've never seen a qb miss so many open guys either. It's been quite some time anyway.

I'm just saying their are 12-15 message boards around the country calling for coaches' heads every weekend.

Firing everybody isn't going to help us this season so why hope for it. If it continues on this path, they will be gone at the end of the year.

It may be a little to early. Lose next week and I have zero problems with letting him go.

1-5 into Bye and then you have a point. Give Patterson the Interim job and play it out. He deserves a shot at some point(if he wants one).

It's not a big stretch to say we can be 3-3 headed into Bye.

I think if this season goes (further) off the rails, fire Spielman and hire his successor ASAP so he/she can scout the Vikings' players, other NFL players, and draftable players, and also figure out a successor as head coach. They need a blueprint for the rebuild well before the offseason begins. There's likely not many assistants who will survive to the next regime.
Post #: 254
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/3/2021 7:22:28 PM   
ronhextall

If Zimmer gets canned I would guess his successor will be an offensive guy.

I don’t see Patterson having any shot.
Post #: 255
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/3/2021 7:49:11 PM   
Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

ORIGINAL: ronhextall

Zimmer and Speilman will probably get an extension
Post #: 256
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/3/2021 8:10:09 PM   
odin

quote:

quote:

Zimmer and Speilman will probably get an extension

And Cousins
Post #: 257
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/3/2021 8:20:53 PM   
Bill Jandro

The Wilf's are idiots

Ext Zim/Spiel when you had Paton/Step whom could have taken over seamlessly.

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 258
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/3/2021 8:21:36 PM   
Bill Jandro

Our athletic light in the seat of the pants oline was abused today

< Message edited by Bill Jandro -- 10/3/2021 8:27:22 PM >

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 259
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/3/2021 8:22:39 PM   
Daniel Lee Young

quote:

quote:

quote:

When was josh freeman here?

"Thou shall not bear false witness”
I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 260
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/3/2021 8:25:10 PM   
Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Daniel Lee Young

quote:

quote:

quote:

When was josh freeman here?

Hahahahahaha! You got me!
Post #: 261
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/3/2021 9:02:04 PM   
Steve Lentz

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Jandro

Our OL has been a HUGE problem for years. Same old song. Pathetic.

" I believe empathy is the most essential quality of civilization"
Post #: 262
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/3/2021 9:43:50 PM   
Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Steve Lentz

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Jandro

Our OL has been a HUGE problem for years. Same old song. Pathetic.

It's obvious it will never be fixed under the Zimmer/Speilman Era.
Post #: 263
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/3/2021 9:51:34 PM   
The Happy Norseman

quote:

Cousins is going no where, no one is trading for him, he is our albatross and we are stuck with him unless we straight up cut him and eat his contract.............

If Cousins was the Browns QB today they would have beaten the Vikings by 21+ points. With the talent on their team, especially at oline you could argue that, unlike Mayfield, Cousins would make the Browns a legitimate SB contender. Plus, next year is the last year of Mayfields contract. It actually lines up perfectly for both teams.

If the Cubs can win the World Series...
Post #: 264
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/3/2021 9:52:19 PM   
beo

Anybody watching Pats/Bucs.

I thought the Mac Jones hype was way overblown...

I'm becoming a believer.
(19 consecutive completions...)

and Belichek chokes the game away... wild.

< Message edited by beo -- 10/3/2021 10:51:38 PM >
Post #: 265
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/4/2021 12:26:15 AM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: beo

Anybody watching Pats/Bucs.

I thought the Mac Jones hype was way overblown...

I'm becoming a believer.
(19 consecutive completions...)

and Belichek chokes the game away... wild.

Ariens clock management rivaled zimmers
Post #: 266
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/4/2021 12:39:01 AM   
Daniel Lee Young

All I can say is my seat prices for my Christmas present are going off a cliff…

I couldn’t watch the game, without going to a sports bar.

Instead, I made 137$ in trips for Uber.

Dodged that bullet of nail biting heartbreak.

A well coached and competitive team does not lose at home and steals wins from tough games, against any type of team, on the road.

The teams we lose to define our weakness.

We only set statistical values.

This is not Us, under Zimmer, with Kirk Cousins, and Spielman management decisions.

Period.

Win

God, I get so tired of seeing the same results year after year.

Twins fans at least have 2 of the trophies.

Still waiting on that one Favrey was supposed to bring us… or AP, Or Cullpepper, or TaRk,….Or Forman,…. Or the PPE.
Or Allen, Tinglehoff, Yary, McKinney, Ivy leaguer Birk…. I could go on all day.

I’m a Vikings Fan.

I’m used to the wait, part.

< Message edited by Daniel Lee Young -- 10/4/2021 7:58:59 AM >

I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 267
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/4/2021 7:21:52 AM   
Arlowe84

Seems like ages ago, I was excited about Zimmer, LOL

I can remember him coming in and bringing a breath of fresh air.
We saw the team improve, we saw the defense move in the direction we were hoping.

It just seems like the last several years, this team is stagnant.

Pretty much same thing year in and year out. Sure, lots of close games and competitive, but can't beat good teams.
The team is just good enough to make you think they can complete, but at some point, you are what your record is.

Zimmer's gameday flaws seem to exagerated, as this team is not good enough to overcome those mistakes.

Our lines have been weak for awhile now, and although there is some slight improvement this year, it's seems same old
Bradbury is a bust, plain and simple. The middle of the oline just collapses with him in it. Everyone was excited about Uli, but reality hit yesterday vs a good line
Pierce and Tomlinson were supposed to be the start of a great interior, but teams are running right over them, and they've provided little in pass rush.
Barr...who the hell knows, the guy just doesn't play football anymore.

We made a bunch of FA signings on the defense, but has anyone made a difference? Vigil had his one moment vs Sea.

I just haven't seen this team improve since they signed Cousins. He was supposed to be the final piece off a team coming off the NFCG, but they've gone in the opposite direction IMO.
Where is the improvement?

This team "should" be Detroit, but if they lose, I gotta think Zimmer faces the hot seat of the national media, if they lose this.
There are enough pieces that the perception is this team should at least complete for a wild card.
If they beat Det, Carolina will be no walkover. 2-4 into the bye week, with LAC and Bal, could be rough sledding.
Post #: 268
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/4/2021 7:55:29 AM   
Arlowe84

Btw. Did anyone else think Mayfield was our best defender yesterday? Lol
My lord is he bad
Post #: 269
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/4/2021 8:02:07 AM   
ratoppenheimer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Arlowe84

Seems like ages ago, I was excited about Zimmer, LOL

I can remember him coming in and bringing a breath of fresh air.
We saw the team improve, we saw the defense move in the direction we were hoping.

It just seems like the last several years, this team is stagnant.

Pretty much same thing year in and year out. Sure, lots of close games and competitive, but can't beat good teams.
The team is just good enough to make you think they can complete, but at some point, you are what your record is.

Zimmer's gameday flaws seem to exagerated, as this team is not good enough to overcome those mistakes.

Our lines have been weak for awhile now, and although there is some slight improvement this year, it's seems same old
Bradbury is a bust, plain and simple. The middle of the oline just collapses with him in it. Everyone was excited about Uli, but reality hit yesterday vs a good line
Pierce and Tomlinson were supposed to be the start of a great interior, but teams are running right over them, and they've provided little in pass rush.
Barr...who the hell knows, the guy just doesn't play football anymore.

We made a bunch of FA signings on the defense, but has anyone made a difference? Vigil had his one moment vs Sea.

I just haven't seen this team improve since they signed Cousins. He was supposed to be the final piece off a team coming off the NFCG, but they've gone in the opposite direction IMO.
Where is the improvement?

This team "should" be Detroit, but if they lose, I gotta think Zimmer faces the hot seat of the national media, if they lose this.
There are enough pieces that the perception is this team should at least complete for a wild card.
If they beat Det, Carolina will be no walkover. 2-4 into the bye week, with LAC and Bal, could be rough sledding.

other than extremely poor game management, i would say zimmer's biggest fault is his influence on our offense....

the journey...is paradise.
Post #: 270
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/4/2021 9:19:55 AM   
The Happy Norseman

In 2017 FiveThirtyEight pointed out that of the 31 head coaches to win at least one Super Bowl, 27 of them won their first championship within the first five seasons with that team. Watching what has happened to the Vikings under Zimmer you can see how those statistics are borne out. Zimmer was a good hire at the time and he helped right a listless Vikings franchise. However, it's been obvious for a while that he does not have what it takes to take the Vikings to the next level. If ever there were a time to make a change at head coach it's now. Our underachieving defense has a bunch of players on one year deals, and our offense is stacked with players at the skill positions, including Thielen, Jefferson, Osborn, Cook, Mattison, Smith, and Conklin. Bring in an offensive minded head coach, who runs a 21st century offense, and who's priority is to fix the oline once and for all, and the Vikings could have an elite offense next year. The Vikings would be primed to compete in the modern NFL, instead of trotting out the 70's style football that Zimmer loves so dearly.

If the Cubs can win the World Series...
Post #: 271
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/4/2021 9:30:07 AM   
Daniel Lee Young

To be honest, we talked about the trip to Minnesota over the holiday, and it’s not gonna happen.

Weather is the primary concern.

We want to go somewhere warm.. I want to go scout places we would like to move to, eventually.

Arizona is a possibility.

Any Fn place, where people are freaked out by the sight of snow or put on a jacket if it gets below 55 degrees.. lol

If this team stood a chance of being in the hunt for the division or a playoff spot in late December, that might tip the scales.

Right now, 4 games in, the only thing we are in competition for, is a coaching change, and (shudder), watching Spielman piss away another draft, including a potential Top 10 first rounder..

Look at our upcoming schedule, take off the purple shades, and look at how Zimmer prepares this team either at home or on the road.

Was cleavland THAT great a team… no.

Baker Mayfield, reading the play by play, missed more kill shot throws, than anything.

Run defense gave up an average of 4 yards..

Pass defense averages 10 yards per completion…

If Mayfield had hit more targets, Zimmer’s “ defense” would have been even more exposed and exploited.

Running cook out there on a banged up knee.. is stupid..

Jesus why carry soo many running backs if they can’t run, in the the run first offense?

Fire Zimmer

Fire Spielman

Join the FN 21 century NFL, with a mobile, agile, strong armed QB.

I’m sick of the “ safe play” offense.

And I want to puke every time I see the “give up” plays..

Throwing short of the sticks, defeats the purpose of throwing at all.

Sigh….

< Message edited by Daniel Lee Young -- 10/4/2021 9:33:42 AM >

I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 272
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/4/2021 9:32:50 AM   
ronhextall

IMO firing a coach in the middle of the season is pointless. Way too many moving parts and they are not going to rattle off 6 or 6 wins in a row to make the playoffs.

I just hope the owners are researching new GM's and vetting their philosophy of football.
Post #: 273
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/4/2021 9:37:50 AM   
TJSweens

quote:

IMO firing a coach in the middle of the season is pointless. Way too many moving parts and they are not going to rattle off 6 or 6 wins in a row to make the playoffs.

I just hope the owners are researching new GM's and vetting their philosophy of football.

It would be one thing if they had a replacement available to them. The best candidates won't be available until after the playoffs.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 274
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/4/2021 9:44:56 AM   
thebigo

quote:

They should probably be vetting someone who can vet new GM's philosophy of football
Post #: 275
Page:   <<   < prev  9 10 [11] 12 13   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  9 10 [11] 12 13   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode