Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  220 221 [222] 223 224   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/26/2023 4:48:32 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

ORIGINAL: Phil Riewer

I don't think this is the way:
NFL Rumors
@nflrums
·
21h
Four teams that are expected to check on Rams Jalen Ramsey availability. The Lions, Steelers, Vikings, and Raiders.

LOL. Who writes this crap?

But he does fill the injury-prone block: Ramsey played through AC joint sprains in both of his shoulders during the Rams' run to the Super Bowl in 2021. He had only his left shoulder surgically repaired last offseason, and he'll now do the same for his right shoulder heading into the 2023 season.

OK sure, let's use our first and third picks then kick in some void years for a few players because his 2023 cap is ONLY $25 MILLION! And another $50 million for 2024-25.

Actually, stop importing crap.

< Message edited by Bill Johanesen -- 1/26/2023 5:12:35 PM >
Post #: 5526
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/26/2023 4:49:55 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

ORIGINAL: ronhextall

If you can acquire Lance for some late draft picks it seems like a low risk high reward type move.

Only issue I see is his rookie deal has already been going for two years.

Damn shame there still isn't NFL Europe, draft QBs and ship them off to see if there is anything there.

Kurt Warner wasn't Kurt Warner until he seasoned himself in Arena League and NFL Europe.

Done!

We used our first and third rounders for Ramsey, and our second for Hock.

The rest go to Lance!
Post #: 5527
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/26/2023 5:03:52 PM   
Bill Johanesen

LMAO NFL Rumors
@LMAONFLRumors
1h

The Vikings are prepared to 'substantially' beat all competing offers to sign Jalen Hurts and Antonio Brown. It is reported GM Kwesi Adofo-Mensah is willing to turn over the deed to U.S. Bank Stadium and cede all territory of Minnesota above 47 degrees north to the city of Philadelphia.
Post #: 5528
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/26/2023 7:23:08 PM   
Steve Lentz

Our most immediate need is defense at most all positions.
Ol needs a couple inside guys as well.

" I believe empathy is the most essential quality of civilization"
Post #: 5529
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/26/2023 7:36:45 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

ORIGINAL: Steve Lentz

Our most strategic need is a QB who can deliver.
Post #: 5530
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/26/2023 7:53:05 PM   
Ricky J

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Johanesen

quote:

Out of 8 billion people on the planet there are about 4 of those - and they're tied up right now

< Message edited by Ricky J -- 1/26/2023 7:55:48 PM >
Post #: 5531
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/26/2023 8:22:13 PM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ricky J

quote:

quote:

Out of 8 billion people on the planet there are about 4 of those - and they're tied up right now

You forgot the fish peeler guy in Kurgistan.
Post #: 5532
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/26/2023 8:36:18 PM   
Ricky J

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tom Sykes

quote:

quote:

quote:

Yeah, you're right. I might be off by one or two but not much more than that ...
Post #: 5533
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/26/2023 9:04:45 PM   
Tom Sykes

Its not impossible to find a decent QB. Very difficult, yes. But its not lottery hard.

It does take some luck ... and you have to keep addressing the position to improve your chances ...

but you can't not try.

KOC is probably itching to bring in some new blood that he has handpicked.
Post #: 5534
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/26/2023 9:24:28 PM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Yeah, you're right. I might be off by one or two but not much more than that ...

There's 10-12 starters that give you a better chance in the playoffs than Cousins. That's a third of the league or close to it.

That doesn't cut it.
Post #: 5535
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/27/2023 7:18:47 AM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

quote:

quote:

One of the four is not Kirk Cousins, hence the strategic need. Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?
Post #: 5536
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/27/2023 7:27:44 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

One of the four is not Kirk Cousins, hence the strategic need. Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

I am all in on Trey Lance if the cost is true.....I don't agree on Kirk not delivering.

Playoffs:
https://www.espn.com/nfl/qbr

There really are only a few clutch QBs in the NFL right now.....Brady, Burrow, and Mahomes. The rest aren't there--if you really are talking about delivering.

The discussion was on NFL Radio of how Lamar and Hurts really struggled in the playoffs last year and Burrow was so so last year but last week he turned it on and Allen somewhat regressed.

They also commented that Purdy will finally face a defense that will give him fits and Hurts will have to prove the same.

< Message edited by Phil Riewer -- 1/27/2023 7:38:28 AM >

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 5537
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/27/2023 7:29:31 AM   
Bill Johanesen

NFL fans in the know will forever bash Minnesota for giving out the first-ever 100% guaranteed contract... mainly because it was given to Cousins! So why not the first 100% incentive-based contract:
- $15 million for a playoff win
- $30 million for two playoff wins
- $45 million for three playoff wins
Post #: 5538
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/27/2023 7:35:16 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

NFL fans in the know will forever bash Minnesota for giving out the first-ever 100% guaranteed contract... mainly because it was given to Cousins! So why not the first 100% incentive-based contract:
- $15 million for a playoff win
- $30 million for two playoff wins
- $45 million for three playoff wins

Brady would be loaded if this was the way years ago.

Post #: 5539
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/27/2023 8:41:39 AM   
ronhextall

If Kwesi wants to impress me, he will need to bring in Lance or draft a QB for the future. Keep Cousins for 2023 and then insert QBOTF after that. Cousins age is soon to be his biggest fault.

If Kwesi extends Cousins he isn't some new wave analytic genius. He is just a guy no different than most GM's.
Post #: 5540
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/27/2023 9:26:19 AM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I am all in on Trey Lance if the cost is true.... .I don't agree on Kirk not delivering.

Playoffs:

There really are only a few clutch QBs in the NFL right now.....Brady, Burrow, and Mahomes. The rest aren't there--if you really are talking about delivering.

The discussion was on NFL Radio of how Lamar and Hurts really struggled in the playoffs last year and Burrow was so so last year but last week he turned it on and Allen somewhat regressed.

They also commented that Purdy will finally face a defense that will give him fits and Hurts will have to prove the same.

Then you dont understand the distinction between playing well and playing well enough to win a game. Or the difference between regular season games and playoffs.

Try giving him credit for his strengths but also recognizing the deficiencies. It doesn’t have to be one or the other. Or we could just talk about his career accomplishments but that would mask his overall good production

We could do a helluva lot worse than Cousins. He can absolutely get you a playoff win. A playoff run? Very very unlikely. Too much rattle in him, not enough spontineity to overcome big game pressure.
Post #: 5541
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/27/2023 9:44:33 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I am all in on Trey Lance if the cost is true.... .I don't agree on Kirk not delivering.

Playoffs:

Then you dont understand the distinction between playing well and playing well enough to win a game. Or the difference between regular season games and playoffs.

Try giving him credit for his strengths but also recognizing the deficiencies. It doesn’t have to be one or the other. Or we could just talk about his career accomplishments but that would mask his overall good production

We could do a helluva lot worse than Cousins. He can absolutely get you a playoff win. A playoff run? Very very unlikely. Too much rattle in him, not enough spontineity to overcome big game pressure.

They did go deeper and even considered how teams are built. The 4 teams in are the best built teams.....NFL Radio talked about it. In Fact they said Philly and SF might be the best built of the 4.....so Hurts and Purdy will be under a microscope. Ignoring team defeciencies and against Kirk seemed easier after a playoff loss (even though ESPN QBR showed he performed well).

< Message edited by Phil Riewer -- 1/27/2023 9:45:50 AM >

Post #: 5542
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/27/2023 10:10:57 AM   
Ricky J

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Playoffs:

They did go deeper and even considered how teams are built. The 4 teams in are the best built teams.....NFL Radio talked about it. In Fact they said Philly and SF might be the best built of the 4.....so Hurts and Purdy will be under a microscope. Ignoring team defeciencies and against Kirk seemed easier after a playoff loss (even though ESPN QBR showed he performed well).

Yeah, I don't know - be an easier argument for playing well if he doesn't Dak that last pass.
Post #: 5543
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/27/2023 10:12:23 AM   
David F.

With the season on the line Kirk got two drives in the fourth to try and tie or win the game: On the first drive we gained -1 yards. On the second drive, even with the aid of a terrible roughing the passer call, six plays for 39 yards, turnover on downs.

EDIT - crap I pasted the whole damn quarter when I only wanted to paste our last two drives. Friday morning fail.

< Message edited by David F. -- 1/27/2023 10:14:07 AM >

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 5544
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/27/2023 10:15:54 AM   
David F.

7:47 - 4th) G.Gano kicks 65 yards from NYG 35 to MIN 0. K.Nwangwu MUFFS catch, and recovers at MIN -1. K.Nwangwu to MIN 23 for 24 yards (J.Pinnock, M.Johnson). NYG-J.Pinnock was injured during the play.
1st & 10 at MIN 23
(7:42 - 4th) (Shotgun) K.Cousins pass short left to D.Cook to MIN 19 for -4 yards (D.Holmes).
2nd & 14 at MIN 19
(7:15 - 4th) (No Huddle, Shotgun) K.Cousins pass short right to T.Hockenson to MIN 22 for 3 yards (K.Thibodeaux, T.Jefferson).
3rd & 11 at MIN 22
(6:28 - 4th) (Shotgun) K.Cousins pass incomplete short right to D.Cook (L.Williams).
4th & 11 at MIN 22
(6:23 - 4th) R.Wright punts 61 yards to NYG 17, Center-A.DePaola. R.James to NYG 24 for 7 yards (K.Nwangwu).

1st & 10 at MIN 12
(2:56 - 4th) (Shotgun) K.Cousins pass short right to T.Hockenson to MIN 18 for 6 yards (D.Belton).
2nd & 4 at MIN 18
(2:33 - 4th) (No Huddle, Shotgun) K.Cousins pass incomplete short left to K.Osborn. PENALTY on NYG-D.Lawrence, Roughing the Passer, 15 yards, enforced at MIN 18 - No Play.
1st & 10 at MIN 33
(2:30 - 4th) (Shotgun) K.Cousins pass short middle to T.Hockenson to MIN 46 for 13 yards (D.Holmes; J.Love).
1st & 10 at MIN 46
(2:09 - 4th) (No Huddle, Shotgun) K.Cousins pass incomplete deep right to A.Thielen.
2nd & 10 at MIN 46
(2:03 - 4th) (Shotgun) K.Cousins pass short right to D.Cook pushed ob at MIN 48 for 2 yards (D.Belton) [D.Lawrence].
(1:56 - 4th) Two-Minute Warning
3rd & 8 at MIN 48
(1:56 - 4th) (Shotgun) K.Cousins pass incomplete short left to K.Osborn (C.Flott).
4th & 8 at MIN 48
(1:44 - 4th) (Shotgun) K.Cousins pass short right to T.Hockenson to NYG 49 for 3 yards (X.McKinney).

< Message edited by David F. -- 1/27/2023 10:17:39 AM >

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 5545
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/27/2023 10:18:36 AM   
David F.

Throw the Fing ball you pussy.

Post #: 5546
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/27/2023 10:20:43 AM   
Phil Riewer

I saw the sequence....outside of the possible KJ reception there wasn't a play to make; but like I said...it made it easier for you to regress to the anti-Kirk crowd.

Post #: 5547
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/27/2023 10:41:00 AM   
Ricky J

quote:

ORIGINAL: David F.

Throw the Fing ball you pussy.

I dont know, man. Im not sure making decisions you disagree with qualify KC as a pussy.

He lives in a world you can't even begin to imagine.
Post #: 5548
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/27/2023 11:07:07 AM  1 votes
Todd M

I know Kirk Cousins is totally a bum
It's proven he can't get the job done
Season ending loss
On a rediculous toss
But yay how the season was fun
Post #: 5549
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/27/2023 11:14:45 AM   
Todd M

The season was crazy fun. From now on...being 0/57 and counting on a season being an ultimate success it's time to enjoy seasons seperate from post seasons.
Post #: 5550
Page:   <<   < prev  220 221 [222] 223 224   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  220 221 [222] 223 224   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode