Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  223 224 [225] 226 227   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/29/2023 3:33:14 PM   
odin

Looks like Philthy's RT is being allowed the Bacteria uncalled 1+ step false start routinely today.
Post #: 5601
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/29/2023 3:35:32 PM   
David F.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ricky J

quote:

ORIGINAL: David F.

Did I just watch a San Fran blitzer come free up the middle, untouched, and Jalen Hurts still got the ball out and completed to convert a 3rd-and-8? I was under the impression that such an event was impossible.

EDIT - I should have also added that he didn't elude the pressure or scramble out of it. He simply took a step back and threw.

(12:17) (Shotgun) J.Hurts right end to PHI 2 for -3 yards (N.Bosa).

3rd 14 at Phil 2

Gee, what happened there -

Got tackled for a loss? Is that significant somehow?

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 5602
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/29/2023 3:37:12 PM   
stfrank

quote:

ORIGINAL: odin

Looks like Philthy's RT is being allowed the Bacteria uncalled 1+ step false start routinely today.

On every pass play he starts early.
Post #: 5603
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/29/2023 3:40:22 PM   
Ricky J

quote:

quote:

quote:

Did I just watch a San Fran blitzer come free up the middle, untouched, and Jalen Hurts still got the ball out and completed to convert a 3rd-and-8? I was under the impression that such an event was impossible.

EDIT - I should have also added that he didn't elude the pressure or scramble out of it. He simply took a step back and threw.

(12:17) (Shotgun) J.Hurts right end to PHI 2 for -3 yards (N.Bosa).

3rd 14 at Phil 2

Gee, what happened there -

Got tackled for a loss? Is that significant somehow?

Guess not. Enjoy yourself, David.
Post #: 5604
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/29/2023 3:41:50 PM   
odin

quote:

ORIGINAL: stfrank

quote:

Thanks for your reply. Sickening to see certain teams get away with this over and over again.

< Message edited by odin -- 1/29/2023 3:43:02 PM >
Post #: 5605
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/29/2023 3:43:58 PM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

quote:

quote:

Thanks for your reply. Sickening to see certain teams get away with this over and over again.

Time to coach up Darrisaw and O'Neill on this technique.
Post #: 5606
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/29/2023 3:45:24 PM   
Ricky J

quote:

quote:

quote:

Thanks for your reply. Sickening to see certain teams get away with this over and over.

Do you think it's "teams" or certain officials inconsistently calling it, or incompetence not called out? I don't have an answer other than Id be surprised if it was a way to show favoritism.
Post #: 5607
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/29/2023 4:02:53 PM   
Bill Jandro

Seems like SF is getting flagged a lot. Some merited.

W/O Purdy Idt they have a chance

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 5608
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/29/2023 4:05:08 PM   
marty

They weren't exactly "letting them play", with SF. It may have been preferred that Philly was up at halftime.

The QB issue is something else. The 4th stringer looks horrible.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 5609
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/29/2023 4:34:52 PM   
geoffrey greitzer

cousins to sf for Lance maybe a pick?
Post #: 5610
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/29/2023 4:56:11 PM   
David Levine

quote:

ORIGINAL: geoffrey greitzer

cousins to sf for Lance maybe a pick?

I can’t see them absorbing his salary.
Post #: 5611
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/29/2023 5:05:04 PM   
SAMiller711r

We'd of never held up in this game. This was played by hard hard men.

O Lord save us from the fury of the Norsemen
Post #: 5612
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/29/2023 5:07:04 PM   
Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

ORIGINAL: SAMiller711r

Nope. We're way too finesse. I don't see that changing anytime soon either.
Post #: 5613
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/29/2023 5:11:50 PM   
marty

Brady or Rodgers to the 49ers ?

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 5614
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/29/2023 5:22:31 PM   
marty

"Chokemeister Jesus boy"

Lol.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 5615
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/29/2023 5:48:30 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mark Anderson

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

National NFL Analyst DESTROYS Kirk Cousins on MN Radio

Just when we finally started to get over the Vikings disappointing loss to the Giants in the Wild Card round of the playoffs, leave it to a lauded national NFL analyst to hop on our local airwaves and pick at the scab, opening the wound once again.

Joining Paul Allen Wednesday morning on KFAN 100.3 FM in the Twin Cities and on iHeartRadio, Mike Florio from ProFootballTalk.com and NBC sports didn’t hold back on his criticisms towards the Vikings starting quarterback Kirk Cousins.

Florio started making comparisons by highlighting the teams and the quarterbacks that are still in the mix for the Conference Finals round of the playoffs.

“Joe Burrow is the anti-Kirk Cousins,” Florio stated. “Joe Burrow is the guy who, like Kirk, will have a great season…but when the lights get bright, you’ve got one game, and your whole season is riding on it. Do you crumble, or do you rise? Joe burrow rises, Kirk Crumbles…”

Florio, obviously referencing the Vikings QB’s struggles down the stretch of the final playoff game for Minnesota, wasn’t done yet, either.

“You don’t know whether a guy has that makeup and can do it at the NFL level until he gets to the NFL level…Tom Brady did it as the 199th pick, Joe Burrow did it as the #1 pick…Kirk doesn’t have it. You can take your rose-colored glasses and shove them up your butt. Kirk doesn’t have it.”

Banking on a career of historical evidence for Cousins’ struggles in primetime and in the playoffs, like many of us, Mike was really hung up on the final play of the game for the Vikings offense. Remember, that was the 3-yard dump down pass to T.J. Hockenson when the team was facing a 4th and 8 scenario. Naturally, the play came up short, and the season came to a screeching halt earlier than planned.

“The was THE play,” Florio exclaimed, loudly arguing against PA’s take that we can’t summarize the season by the final play. “That’s the season. That’s the incubator. That’s the test. That’s the accelerator…there are moments, there are opportunities, and they are fleeting…You wait all your life for that moment. When that moment arrives, what do you do…You either are that guy, or you aren’t that guy…Joe Burrow does it. Kirk Cousins doesn’t.”

Slightly taken aback, Allen took the opportunity, tongue firmly planted inside his cheek, to apologize to the audience, saying that he wanted to “wholeheartedly apologize to MN Vikings fans for the verbal macabre potentially ruining your days today” after Florio barnstormed the program.

https://vikingsterritory.com/2023/general-news/national-nfl-analyst

Ironic that Burrow had the same opportunity in SB. He didn't convert either.

Both QBs were under immediate pressure. Donald in SB and Lawrence in our game.

Not defending Cousins decision but to put Burrow on some pedestal when he hasn't won a SB seemed strange.

In isolation, you are correct. Yet if Bengals fans - or really just NFL fans - read your post they would laugh you off the board as a sour-grapes Vikings fan.

By his 2nd year Burrow had tripled Cousins playoff win record (over 11 years). And here he is in his 2nd straight AFCCG. He deserves some accolades.
Post #: 5616
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/29/2023 5:49:57 PM   
Bill Jandro

quote:

ORIGINAL: Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

Philly's defense was relentless. We'd need 5 guys like Darrisaw to handle them. Our IOL would have been rag dolled beyond recognition. If we want to play with the big boys we better start drafting some beef up front.

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 5617
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/29/2023 5:53:59 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

Those damn 3rd and 8s, lol!

Hurts, another one of those 3rd year QBs.

At the end of Cousins 3rd year, he was a collective 2-7 with 18 TDs and 19 Ints. LMAO!
Post #: 5618
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/29/2023 5:55:08 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

One would think the NFL would address that this offseason. But if it contributes to more offense....
Post #: 5619
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/29/2023 6:03:10 PM   
Ricky J

Joe sacked twice in one drive! WTF! Get rid of the ball, man!
Post #: 5620
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/29/2023 6:13:07 PM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Johanesen

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mark Anderson

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

National NFL Analyst DESTROYS Kirk Cousins on MN Radio

Just when we finally started to get over the Vikings disappointing loss to the Giants in the Wild Card round of the playoffs, leave it to a lauded national NFL analyst to hop on our local airwaves and pick at the scab, opening the wound once again.

Joining Paul Allen Wednesday morning on KFAN 100.3 FM in the Twin Cities and on iHeartRadio, Mike Florio from ProFootballTalk.com and NBC sports didn’t hold back on his criticisms towards the Vikings starting quarterback Kirk Cousins.

Florio started making comparisons by highlighting the teams and the quarterbacks that are still in the mix for the Conference Finals round of the playoffs.

“Joe Burrow is the anti-Kirk Cousins,” Florio stated. “Joe Burrow is the guy who, like Kirk, will have a great season…but when the lights get bright, you’ve got one game, and your whole season is riding on it. Do you crumble, or do you rise? Joe burrow rises, Kirk Crumbles…”

Florio, obviously referencing the Vikings QB’s struggles down the stretch of the final playoff game for Minnesota, wasn’t done yet, either.

“You don’t know whether a guy has that makeup and can do it at the NFL level until he gets to the NFL level…Tom Brady did it as the 199th pick, Joe Burrow did it as the #1 pick…Kirk doesn’t have it. You can take your rose-colored glasses and shove them up your butt. Kirk doesn’t have it.”

Banking on a career of historical evidence for Cousins’ struggles in primetime and in the playoffs, like many of us, Mike was really hung up on the final play of the game for the Vikings offense. Remember, that was the 3-yard dump down pass to T.J. Hockenson when the team was facing a 4th and 8 scenario. Naturally, the play came up short, and the season came to a screeching halt earlier than planned.

“The was THE play,” Florio exclaimed, loudly arguing against PA’s take that we can’t summarize the season by the final play. “That’s the season. That’s the incubator. That’s the test. That’s the accelerator…there are moments, there are opportunities, and they are fleeting…You wait all your life for that moment. When that moment arrives, what do you do…You either are that guy, or you aren’t that guy…Joe Burrow does it. Kirk Cousins doesn’t.”

Slightly taken aback, Allen took the opportunity, tongue firmly planted inside his cheek, to apologize to the audience, saying that he wanted to “wholeheartedly apologize to MN Vikings fans for the verbal macabre potentially ruining your days today” after Florio barnstormed the program.

https://vikingsterritory.com/2023/general-news/national-nfl-analyst

Ironic that Burrow had the same opportunity in SB. He didn't convert either.

Both QBs were under immediate pressure. Donald in SB and Lawrence in our game.

Not defending Cousins decision but to put Burrow on some pedestal when he hasn't won a SB seemed strange.

In isolation, you are correct. Yet if Bengals fans - or really just NFL fans - read your post they would laugh you off the board as a sour-grapes Vikings fan.

By his 2nd year Burrow had tripled Cousins playoff win record (over 11 years). And here he is in his 2nd straight AFCCG. He deserves some accolades.

I love Burrow. I would trade three 1s for him.

Florio was talking about "the" play. Burrow could be a SB champion but failed on "the" play.

I'm just saying pick Mahomes if you want to make a point.
Post #: 5621
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/29/2023 6:16:12 PM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

Last team we had like that was the Walsh choke job team. At least on the defensive side.
Post #: 5622
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/29/2023 7:38:09 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

Joe sacked twice in one drive! WTF! Get rid of the ball, man!

Nice TD toss Joe to tie the game! Man you got rid of the ball!
Post #: 5623
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/29/2023 8:16:52 PM   
Bill Johanesen

4th and 6. Chase doubled. Burrow hits him anyway... for 35 yards. Tied again.
Post #: 5624
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/29/2023 8:30:21 PM   
geoffrey greitzer

fix
Post #: 5625
Page:   <<   < prev  223 224 [225] 226 227   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  223 224 [225] 226 227   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode