Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Timberwolves 2022 - 2023 Season

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Timberwolves >> RE: Timberwolves 2022 - 2023 Season Page: <<   < prev  18 19 [20] 21 22   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Timberwolves 2022 - 2023 Season - 4/10/2023 3:13:25 PM   
David Levine

quote:

ORIGINAL: twinsfan

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Johanesen

Was Gobert hobbling around or something during the part of the game he played in? Maybe not 100%? If so, perhaps that could have factored into the team decision (i.e. rest him but come across as doing the 'right' thing).

Surprising nonetheless IMO. Also maybe the league was going to suspend him one game and gave the team the chance to do it instead.

100%. He never should've played in that game as he was suffering badly from back spasms and it was the 2nd game of a back-to-back. Anderson was the one who really pushed him to play on the back-to-back and then got on him all game.

And considering how rough Gobert looked yesterday, I think this "suspension" be a way of giving him extra time to rest and heal his back.

Wolves were basically in a no-win situation for tomorrow. Play Gobert and he likely struggles and maybe aggravates things more. Or sit him with injury and then he gets the "soft" label for not "manning up" and playing in a vital game.

The suspension gives Rudy some very much needed time off, it makes us look strict on incidents and it lets the team reset a bit.

Huh. Funny how Joe Mauer could never sit out a game without his toughness being questioned.

What's funny about that? The Wolves are basically suspending Gobert so he doesn't have his toughness questioned by sitting out.
Post #: 476
RE: Timberwolves 2022 - 2023 Season - 4/10/2023 3:14:00 PM   
David Levine

quote:

quote:

quote:

I think it sucks when players acquired via trade are judged based on what the front office gave up.

Is that you?? Kind of fits.

Matt is twice that old...at heart.

He's the "youngest old man" I've ever known.
Post #: 477
RE: Timberwolves 2022 - 2023 Season - 4/10/2023 3:14:41 PM   
twinsfan

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Was Gobert hobbling around or something during the part of the game he played in? Maybe not 100%? If so, perhaps that could have factored into the team decision (i.e. rest him but come across as doing the 'right' thing).

Surprising nonetheless IMO. Also maybe the league was going to suspend him one game and gave the team the chance to do it instead.

100%. He never should've played in that game as he was suffering badly from back spasms and it was the 2nd game of a back-to-back. Anderson was the one who really pushed him to play on the back-to-back and then got on him all game.

And considering how rough Gobert looked yesterday, I think this "suspension" be a way of giving him extra time to rest and heal his back.

Wolves were basically in a no-win situation for tomorrow. Play Gobert and he likely struggles and maybe aggravates things more. Or sit him with injury and then he gets the "soft" label for not "manning up" and playing in a vital game.

The suspension gives Rudy some very much needed time off, it makes us look strict on incidents and it lets the team reset a bit.

Huh. Funny how Joe Mauer could never sit out a game without his toughness being questioned.

What's funny about that? The Wolves are basically suspending Gobert so he doesn't have his toughness questioned by sitting out.

I just felt like bringing Joe Mauer into it.

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 478
RE: Timberwolves 2022 - 2023 Season - 4/10/2023 3:19:33 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I think it sucks when players acquired via trade are judged based on what the front office gave up.

Perhaps he prefers 'mature'. Or he thinks he is wise, lol. He is certainly not funny nor witty although he tries.. Even his GIFs are bad.
Post #: 479
RE: Timberwolves 2022 - 2023 Season - 4/10/2023 3:26:49 PM   
twinsfan

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Perhaps he prefers 'mature'. Or he thinks he is wise, lol. He is certainly not funny nor witty although he tries.. Even his GIFs are bad.

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 480
RE: Timberwolves 2022 - 2023 Season - 4/10/2023 4:08:45 PM   
Born2Blitz

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

May be seeing a trend with old men here. Look no further than the avatar for proof!

skol...Skol...SKol..SKOl.....SKOL
Post #: 481
RE: Timberwolves 2022 - 2023 Season - 4/10/2023 4:09:24 PM   
Bill Johanesen

Why not take your boy Mauer and your self-portrait GIFs over to the thread labeled Stupid Stuff.
Post #: 482
RE: Timberwolves 2022 - 2023 Season - 4/10/2023 4:15:04 PM   
David Levine

Minneapolis/St. Paul – The Minnesota Timberwolves today announced the following injury update on forward Jaden McDaniels, who suffered a right hand injury during yesterday’s game vs. New Orleans Pelicans:

X-rays and further imaging taken today at Mayo Clinic Square by Dr. Kelechi Okoroha on McDaniels revealed fractures of his third and fourth metacarpals. He has been placed in a cast and will be out indefinitely. Further updates to his progress will be provided when available.

In 79 games (all starts) this season, McDaniels averaged career highs with 12.1 points on 59.1% shooting and 1.9 assists, along with 3.9 rebounds per game.

www.nba.com/timberwolves/news/jaden-mcdaniels-injury-update-2
Post #: 483
RE: Timberwolves 2022 - 2023 Season - 4/10/2023 4:32:01 PM   
Bill Johanesen

The ghost of Kevin Love.
Post #: 484
RE: Timberwolves 2022 - 2023 Season - 4/10/2023 4:53:29 PM   
twinsfan

quote:

Minneapolis/St. Paul – The Minnesota Timberwolves today announced the following injury update on forward Jaden McDaniels, who suffered a right hand injury during yesterday’s game vs. New Orleans Pelicans:

X-rays and further imaging taken today at Mayo Clinic Square by Dr. Kelechi Okoroha on McDaniels revealed fractures of his third and fourth metacarpals. He has been placed in a cast and will be out indefinitely. Further updates to his progress will be provided when available.

In 79 games (all starts) this season, McDaniels averaged career highs with 12.1 points on 59.1% shooting and 1.9 assists, along with 3.9 rebounds per game.

www.nba.com/timberwolves/news/jaden-mcdaniels-injury-update-2

That injury concurs with punching a wall.

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 485
RE: Timberwolves 2022 - 2023 Season - 4/10/2023 4:53:58 PM   
twinsfan

quote:

The ghost of Kevin Love.

There is no correlation between doing knuckle push-ups and punching a wall.

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 486
RE: Timberwolves 2022 - 2023 Season - 4/10/2023 5:29:48 PM   
David Levine

quote:

quote:

The ghost of Kevin Love.

Kevin Love likely has never done a single knuckle push-up.
Post #: 487
RE: Timberwolves 2022 - 2023 Season - 4/10/2023 5:30:16 PM   
David Levine

quote:

The ghost of Kevin Love.

Difference is McDaniels's punch was caught on camera.
Post #: 488
RE: Timberwolves 2022 - 2023 Season - 4/10/2023 6:14:34 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

quote:

The ghost of Kevin Love.

Zero correlation because... what knuckle push-up?!
Post #: 489
RE: Timberwolves 2022 - 2023 Season - 4/10/2023 6:54:19 PM   
Bill Johanesen

Just in case a Wolves loss brings out the blame-the-refs mantra: Minnesota has ranked 28th in opponent free-throw rate since the trade deadline.

The Lakers have had the 3rd highest free-throw rate in the league during that span according to Cleaning the Glass. Ignore that
Post #: 490
RE: Timberwolves 2022 - 2023 Season - 4/10/2023 7:00:41 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

quote:

The ghost of Kevin Love.

Well, he's only a 3rd year guy.
Post #: 491
RE: Timberwolves 2022 - 2023 Season - 4/10/2023 7:02:42 PM  1 votes
David Levine

quote:

Just in case a Wolves loss brings out the blame-the-refs mantra: Minnesota has ranked 28th in opponent free-throw rate since the trade deadline.

The Lakers have had the 3rd highest free-throw rate in the league during that span according to Cleaning the Glass. Ignore that

I'm never a blame the refs guy, and the Wolves are wildly undisciplined, but...

It is more than a little fishy that the Lakers have attempted the most FTs and their opponents have attempted the least FTs for the season.

Pretty sure that's unprecedented - and it should be impossible to play at that fast of a pace (3rd in the league) and still commit the fewest total fouls in the game.
Post #: 492
RE: Timberwolves 2022 - 2023 Season - 4/10/2023 7:03:04 PM   
David Levine

quote:

quote:

quote:

The ghost of Kevin Love.

Well, he's only a 3rd year guy.

And his was basketball related.
Post #: 493
RE: Timberwolves 2022 - 2023 Season - 4/10/2023 7:20:24 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

quote:

It is more than a little fishy that the Lakers have attempted the most FTs and their opponents have attempted the least FTs for the season.

Pretty sure that's unprecedented - and it should be impossible to play at that fast of a pace (3rd in the league) and still commit the fewest total fouls in the game.

Just wanted to point out the Wolves are near last. But agree on fouling in general. The star treatment has existed for decades. Home court calls. Big market, popular, or winning teams.
Post #: 494
RE: Timberwolves 2022 - 2023 Season - 4/10/2023 8:06:59 PM   
David Levine

quote:

quote:

quote:

Just wanted to point out the Wolves are near last. But agree on fouling in general. The star treatment has existed for decades. Home court calls. Big market, popular, or winning teams.

Right. But its excessive for LA this year. It's like the league is going out of their way to kiss LeBron's ring.

They're a middle 3rd defense playing at a Top 3 pace and somehow don't foul?

The final game against the Jazz is a good example. Jazz shoot 24 FT/game. In that game they took 101 FGs and only attempted 6 FTs.
Post #: 495
RE: Timberwolves 2022 - 2023 Season - 4/11/2023 8:58:27 AM   
Bill Johanesen

That's crazy.

Anyway, these play-in games are such a toss up. Any given team on any night can get hot and shoot over 50% from three.

Saw some highlight where KAT scored three 3-pointers in a row; what a matchup nightmare. Watched LeBron fire from 30 feet late to help put away a (depleted) Jazz team. Golden State put up 55 in the first quarter. Nuts.
Post #: 496
RE: Timberwolves 2022 - 2023 Season - 4/11/2023 9:03:01 AM   
Bill Johanesen

As for the Lakers having a middle 3rd defense, I view them as two teams, pre and post trade-deadline. Here is a snippet re playing against the T-Wolves this season:

For one, these were the starting lineups the Lakers trotted out in the first two matchups:

Beverley/Walker/Brown/James/Jones

Schröder/Beasley/Brown/Vanderbilt/Davis

Not only did the Lakers not have both of LeBron James and Anthony Davis available in their earlier contests against Minnesota, but starters like Patrick Beverley and Damian Jones aren't even still on the team.

I think tonight it will be James/Davis/Russell/Reaves/Vanderbilt.
Post #: 497
RE: Timberwolves 2022 - 2023 Season - 4/11/2023 10:45:56 AM   
Bill Jandro

It will be a tall order for the Wolves to beat LAL w/o Jaden and Naz and a bad whistle.

Gobert just doesn't move the needle at all. WTH was Conelly thinking? 5 FRP's & multiple role players for a sloth that is also not a good team mate.

< Message edited by Bill Jandro -- 4/11/2023 10:48:31 AM >

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 498
RE: Timberwolves 2022 - 2023 Season - 4/11/2023 4:57:29 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Jandro

It will be a tall order for the Wolves to beat LAL w/o Jaden and Naz and a bad whistle.

Gobert just doesn't move the needle at all. WTH was Conelly thinking? 5 FRP's & multiple role players for a sloth that is also not a good team mate.

I see the Wolves as a big threat who can easily win. KAT and Ant are two players who can light it up. Prince, Anderson, etc are good fits.

Can Vandy defend Ant?? Rui defended KAT ok before, but he's likely not starting.

Why beat up Gobert? Nobody is good when they are hurt. Go back a few pages and posters (not saying you) wanted KAT gone.
Post #: 499
RE: Timberwolves 2022 - 2023 Season - 4/11/2023 5:11:44 PM   
David Levine

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Jandro

I see the Wolves as a big threat who can easily win. KAT and Ant are two players who can light it up. Prince, Anderson, etc are good fits.

Can Vandy defend Ant?? Rui defended KAT ok before, but he's likely not starting.

Why beat up Gobert? Nobody is good when they are hurt. Go back a few pages and posters (not saying you) wanted KAT gone.

And that's exactly what we'll need if we have any chance of stealing the game. KAT absolutely can not get into early foul trouble. He especially needs to avoid the pointless offensive fouls.

I have trouble getting a bead on the Lakers. They remind of last year's Wolves down the stretch. Winning a lot of games, but luckily not facing anyone at full strength doing so.

I think if LeBron is hobbled at all, we have a chance. If he's anywhere near full speed, we're in trouble.

Hopefully D'Lo will be out to prove a point against us and "take over" the game...
Post #: 500
Page:   <<   < prev  18 19 [20] 21 22   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Timberwolves >> RE: Timberwolves 2022 - 2023 Season Page: <<   < prev  18 19 [20] 21 22   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode