Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: 2023 NFL Draft

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: 2023 NFL Draft Page: <<   < prev  29 30 31 [32] 33   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: 2023 NFL Draft - 5/9/2023 4:31:00 PM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: Phil Riewer

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Todd M

KG is full of it. Some times guys had an angle after he was bouncing off of guys. Some times he ran clear. A few he was caught by a speedy DB.

Is he going to run by everyone? No. Is he going to blurp out a bunch of shitty 0 to 1 yard runs? Also no.

I said nothing negative about him. I just stated fact. He was caught from behind several times. If Robert Smith had of had those same leads he would have been caught zero times. Adequate speed yes. What I call breakaway speed no.

What is his yards per carry?

7.3 I think. He doesn't have breakaway speed. Not even close.

MN Gopher Mo averaged 5.4 yards a carry as a reference. Ty Chandler 5.6.

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 776
RE: 2023 NFL Draft - 5/9/2023 4:32:18 PM   
Todd M

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ricky J

I didn't see it. Can you tell me how far down field he was when he was being caught from behind?

I'd say 10 times or more he was caught from behind in that highlight video.

Closer to 2 or 3.

Just BC it wasn't a TD doesn't mean he was caught from behind.
Post #: 777
RE: 2023 NFL Draft - 5/9/2023 4:35:57 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

KG is full of it. Some times guys had an angle after he was bouncing off of guys. Some times he ran clear. A few he was caught by a speedy DB.

Is he going to run by everyone? No. Is he going to blurp out a bunch of shitty 0 to 1 yard runs? Also no.

I said nothing negative about him. I just stated fact. He was caught from behind several times. If Robert Smith had of had those same leads he would have been caught zero times. Adequate speed yes. What I call breakaway speed no.

What is his yards per carry?

7.3 I think. He doesn't have breakaway speed. Not even close.

MN Gopher Mo averaged 5.4 yards a carry as a reference. Ty Chandler 5.6.

The yards per carry is great. But if he had breakaway speed he wouldn't be getting caught from behind. I don't think Mo or Chandler have breakaway speed either.

< Message edited by kgdabom -- 5/9/2023 4:40:06 PM >

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 778
RE: 2023 NFL Draft - 5/9/2023 4:36:33 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

quote:

quote:

I didn't see it. Can you tell me how far down field he was when he was being caught from behind?

Closer to 2 or 3.

Way more. A player with breakaway speed would have housed at least 6 runs and maybe 10 that McBride didn't. However, McBride did good creating those opportunities for himself. Take a look at the runs where he got tackled from behind and think about how many of those Robert Smith would not have been caught from behind.

< Message edited by kgdabom -- 5/9/2023 4:39:06 PM >

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 779
RE: 2023 NFL Draft - 5/9/2023 5:01:49 PM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Closer to 2 or 3.

Way more. A player with breakaway speed would have housed at least 6 runs and maybe 10 that McBride didn't. However, McBride did good creating those opportunities for himself. Take a look at the runs where he got tackled from behind and think about how many of those Robert Smith would not have been caught from behind.

For a guy that housed so many TDs he only had 32 TDs over 8 years (92 games, 1411 carries).....Dalvin has 47 TDs in 6 years with a worse Oline (73 games, 1282 carries).

Robert Smith had 18 TDs in 2 years of college; McBride 36 in 3; 32 TDs the last 2 years.

Breakaway speed doesn't equal TDS; we could look at Michael Bennett speed also...

< Message edited by Phil Riewer -- 5/9/2023 5:11:37 PM >

Post #: 780
RE: 2023 NFL Draft - 5/9/2023 6:08:17 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Closer to 2 or 3.

For a guy that housed so many TDs he only had 32 TDs over 8 years (92 games, 1411 carries).....Dalvin has 47 TDs in 6 years with a worse Oline (73 games, 1282 carries).

Robert Smith had 18 TDs in 2 years of college; McBride 36 in 3; 32 TDs the last 2 years.

Breakaway speed doesn't equal TDS; we could look at Michael Bennett speed also...

Comparing apples to oranges. If McBride ends up half as good as Robert Smith I will be thrilled. Dalvin also had breakaway speed. I remember many of his runs being among the fastest in the league.

< Message edited by kgdabom -- 5/9/2023 6:10:25 PM >

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 781
RE: 2023 NFL Draft - 5/9/2023 7:33:32 PM   
Todd M

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Closer to 2 or 3.

He was only tackled 7 times in that video total and only a few were him being caught from behind.
Post #: 782
RE: 2023 NFL Draft - 5/9/2023 8:44:23 PM   
Ricky J

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Closer to 2 or 3.

He was only tackled 7 times in that video total and only a few were him being caught from behind.

I saw 1 from behind but hed just made a move so it wasn't like a true foot race. The other two, if you think they were from behind, I'd counter with, the defenders had angles, again, not a true foot race
Post #: 783
RE: 2023 NFL Draft - 5/9/2023 8:47:08 PM   
Bill Jandro

quote:

ORIGINAL: Trekgeekscott

quote:

I can't believe we got him where we did

If this regime has shown one thing it's that it can fill the RB group with later picks.

Which baffles me then why they are thusfar keeping the vastly overpriced Dalvin Cook.

A lot of rb's on the roster esp considering KOC never uses them.

Matty's touches were down from last year and I don't believe Chandler or Kene even garnered an offensive snap.

< Message edited by Bill Jandro -- 5/9/2023 8:51:42 PM >

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 784
RE: 2023 NFL Draft - 5/9/2023 9:35:20 PM  1 votes
Todd M

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Closer to 2 or 3.

I saw 1 from behind but hed just made a move so it wasn't like a true foot race. The other two, if you think they were from behind, I'd counter with, the defenders had angles, again, not a true foot race

You're seeing it right

KG is so far out in left field he's in the parking lot.
Post #: 785
RE: 2023 NFL Draft - 5/10/2023 5:20:19 AM   
kgdabom

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Closer to 2 or 3.

On rewatching it wasn't as many times as I thought. 2:08, 2:38 and 3:03 were the only times he was caught from behind. My apologies. It seemed like more on my initial watch. He does not have breakaway speed. An RB with breakaway speed would not have been caught on those runs.

< Message edited by kgdabom -- 5/10/2023 5:32:29 AM >

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 786
RE: 2023 NFL Draft - 5/10/2023 5:47:29 AM   
marty

I thought I had read somewhere that the Vikings were trying to trade up for Richardson, maybe that was just a rumor.

This article says the Vikings were only trying to move up for ONE QB, and that QB was Bryce Young:

https://share.newsbreak.com/3svwh7jh

I am glad they weren't able to make that trade, I would be concerned that he lacked size. The good part is they showed a willingness to move up to one of the top spots, so maybe they'll attempt to move up to get Caleb Williams next year, if there is any chance of his being available.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 787
RE: 2023 NFL Draft - 5/10/2023 6:19:07 AM   
Ricky J

quote:

ORIGINAL: marty

I thought I had read somewhere that the Vikings were trying to trade up for Richardson, maybe that was just a rumor.

This article says the Vikings were only trying to move up for ONE QB, and that QB was Bryce Young:

https://share.newsbreak.com/3svwh7jh

I am glad they weren't able to make that trade, I would be concerned that he lacked size. The good part is they showed a willingness to move up to one of the top spots, so maybe they'll attempt to move up to get Caleb Williams next year, if there is any chance of his being available.

There was "stuff" on Twitter yesterday where they were prepared to attempt a trade up if Young didn't get picked 1
Post #: 788
RE: 2023 NFL Draft - 5/10/2023 6:32:52 AM   
Todd M

I'm glad they appear to have wanted to make a go for my #1 guy. I would have done it for Richardson too mind you.

It'll be fun watching them grow up in the league with all the if onlys.
Post #: 789
RE: 2023 NFL Draft - 5/10/2023 7:06:15 AM   
Ricky J

If all is true i like that KOC knew what he wanted and wasnt going to reach for someone he didn't feel fit what he's thinks are certain abilities to be great.
Now we get to see if he was right
Post #: 790
RE: 2023 NFL Draft - 5/10/2023 7:19:31 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Jandro

quote:

quote:

If this regime has shown one thing it's that it can fill the RB group with later picks.

Which baffles me then why they are thusfar keeping the vastly overpriced Dalvin Cook.

Matty's touches were down from last year and I don't believe Chandler or Kene even garnered an offensive snap.

I think Ty and Kene were hurt. I was surprised Chandler didn't get more carries.

Post #: 791
RE: 2023 NFL Draft - 5/10/2023 4:53:57 PM   
joejitsu

I like the thought of Mattison and some fresh legs getting the carries. The only thing that concerns me is that McGuire seems to run with the ball really loose in his hands. If he can get that dialed in, he’ll be okay.
Post #: 792
RE: 2023 NFL Draft - 5/11/2023 11:00:35 AM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I think Ty and Kene were hurt. I was surprised Chandler didn't get more carries.

Chandler was hurt (arm injury IIRC) for a good portion of the year. That may explain some of it.

I don't want to go through things that don't kill me and make me stronger anymore.
Post #: 793
RE: 2023 NFL Draft - 5/11/2023 11:04:32 AM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Closer to 2 or 3.

On rewatching it wasn't as many times as I thought. 2:08, 2:38 and 3:03 were the only times he was caught from behind. My apologies. It seemed like more on my initial watch. He does not have breakaway speed. An RB with breakaway speed would not have been caught on those runs.

He seems to run very well in traffic though.

I don't want to go through things that don't kill me and make me stronger anymore.
Post #: 794
RE: 2023 NFL Draft - 5/20/2023 9:00:46 AM   
kgdabom

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Closer to 2 or 3.

He seems to run very well in traffic though.

I never had anything against him. I think he makes the team and considering the backs we have that is saying something.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 795
RE: 2023 NFL Draft - 5/20/2023 7:22:29 PM   
jbusse

Fun, behind the scenes, Vikings draft video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYptU4uVyM4
Post #: 796
RE: 2023 NFL Draft - 5/29/2023 6:06:51 PM   
marty

Cool video jbusse, thank you.

Kwesi at 11:50 sounded like Spielman, and even sounded a little bit the Spielman would say it.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 797
RE: 2023 NFL Draft - 5/29/2023 6:14:32 PM   
marty

I think the race for next year's #1 pick will be an interesting race to watch at the end of the season (one of the more interesting ones, as I assume it will be for Caleb).

I think with Arizona also having the Texans' pick, gives them about an 80% chance of getting the #1 pick.

I think the Bears got about a 10% chance, higher if Fields gets hurt. I think the Raiders have about a 5% chance, with a Garapollo injury. All the other teams combined for the other 5%.

Is this about how you see the odds for that #1 pick ?

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 798
RE: 2023 NFL Draft - 6/2/2023 9:39:10 AM   
Bill Jandro

AZ looks to be the worst team in football. Assuming they have the #1 overall they select Williams being they haven't been real happy with Kyler Murray since inking him to that contract. They will have to eat a large dead cap hit.

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 799
RE: 2023 NFL Draft - 6/2/2023 11:13:55 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

AZ looks to be the worst team in football. Assuming they have the #1 overall they select Williams being they haven't been real happy with Kyler Murray since inking him to that contract. They will have to eat a large dead cap hit.

I think AZ is better w/o Hopkins and Murray to start the season. Hopkins is always hurt and on wrong side of 30.

Post #: 800
Page:   <<   < prev  29 30 31 [32] 33   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: 2023 NFL Draft Page: <<   < prev  29 30 31 [32] 33   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode