Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: 2023 NFL Draft

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: 2023 NFL Draft Page: <<   < prev  28 29 [30] 31 32   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: 2023 NFL Draft - 4/29/2023 2:58:25 PM   
marty

13-4 without ONE impact draftee or FA, wait until this team starts hitting on draft picks and free agents !

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 726
RE: 2023 NFL Draft - 4/29/2023 2:59:26 PM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Johanesen

quote:

ORIGINAL: marty

Hock

I said draftee or FA.

Hee has been here one year. Peterson. Shelly. Tonga. Phillips was pretty good

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 727
RE: 2023 NFL Draft - 4/29/2023 3:00:16 PM   
Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

13-4 without ONE impact draftee or FA, wait until this team starts hitting on draft picks and free agents !

I wonder when that's gonna be.
Post #: 728
RE: 2023 NFL Draft - 4/29/2023 3:01:20 PM   
Phil Riewer

If Brad doesn’t like the draft we may have a very good one.

Brad didn’t really like either USC pick so may they may be really good.

Post #: 729
RE: 2023 NFL Draft - 4/29/2023 3:08:38 PM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

ORIGINAL: Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tom Sykes

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: TJSweens

quote:

ORIGINAL: DavidAOlson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Todd M

quote:

An undersized pocket quarterback with unimpressive arm strength,

And he'll out religious Cousins.

Yay!

Well, not clear. The BYU football teams has... relaxed standards. Recall their most famous QB: Jim McMahon.

What really sold KAM is the concussions in 2019 and missing all of 2020 with a hip injury.

The guy is looking worse than Speilman at this point. This draft looks worse than last year's by a wide margin.

GZUZ calm down. Snap grades right after the draft draw unanimous chuckles. They're meaningless.

You're not even making that far.

I don't really care about snap grades. I see a team who's defense may be worse than last season. I'm also pretty calm.

I see a team whose defense may be worse also and a draft which may fall short of last year’s lofty standards. Not sure.

You have every right to opinionate. I think its premature to call it in.
Post #: 730
RE: 2023 NFL Draft - 4/29/2023 3:08:54 PM   
marty

At 222, just pick 1 if these and call it a day:

1) IOL Andrew Vorhees USC
2) IOL Brett Neilon USC
3) RB Travis Dye USC
4) WR Kayshon Boutte LSU (only if middle name has a J in it)
5) LB Mike Jones Jr. LSU
6) Edge Ali Gaye LSU
7) CB Jerrick Bernard-Converse LSU
8) CB Sevyn Banks LSU
9) CB Mekhi Garner LSU (Like the first name)
10) LB Micah Baskerville LSU
11) S Todd Harris Jr. LSU
12) WR Jaray Jenkins LSU (another JJ)

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 731
RE: 2023 NFL Draft - 4/29/2023 3:12:57 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

13-4... wow! They must have gone far in the playoffs.
Post #: 732
RE: 2023 NFL Draft - 4/29/2023 3:23:23 PM   
Bill Johanesen

All in all, I'm ok with the picks. Can't go back and change anything. Hope they pan out.
Post #: 733
RE: 2023 NFL Draft - 4/29/2023 3:29:35 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

ORIGINAL: Phil Riewer

quote:

quote:

Hock

I said draftee or FA.

Impact draftee or FA. Shelley? Impact? You literally said this 30 minutes ago on another thread: It is simple. Shelley looked good not great on a 31st ranked defense as a waiver pick up. Aiming higher.

I do think he was the best of the bunch.

So far, basically zero but yes it is early. Impact may be too high of a bar.

< Message edited by Bill Johanesen -- 4/29/2023 3:33:33 PM >
Post #: 734
RE: 2023 NFL Draft - 5/4/2023 8:03:25 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Phil Riewer

quote:

quote:

Hock

I said draftee or FA.

Impact draftee or FA. Shelley? Impact? You literally said this 30 minutes ago on another thread: It is simple. Shelley looked good not great on a 31st ranked defense as a waiver pick up. Aiming higher.

I do think he was the best of the bunch.

So far, basically zero but yes it is early. Impact may be too high of a bar.

Even at that...Peterson, Tonga, and Phillips were impact for what $$$ was available in his first offseason.

Post #: 735
RE: 2023 NFL Draft - 5/4/2023 8:05:12 AM   
Todd M

I think we're going to fair well beyond avg in UDFA which props the draft up a notch. And getting what looks like/are stud weapons with our 1st and 2nds picks...is more than enough. Forget about it if even 1 more drafted guy is something.
Post #: 736
RE: 2023 NFL Draft - 5/4/2023 1:41:39 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

quote:

Yay!

Hard core Christian cool.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 737
RE: 2023 NFL Draft - 5/4/2023 1:44:41 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: The Happy Norseman

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Yay!

Well, not clear. The BYU football teams has... relaxed standards. Recall their most famous QB: Jim McMahon.

What really sold KAM is the concussions in 2019 and missing all of 2020 with a hip injury.

The guy is looking worse than Speilman at this point. This draft looks worse than last year's by a wide margin.

IDK. The Vikings needed a WR 2 and they got arguably the best WR in the draft. They needed to shore up their defense and they drafted 2 DB’s that fit Flores’ system, and a rotational DT with upside. For all we know, at this point we’ve just witnessed the greatest draft in Vikings history.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 738
RE: 2023 NFL Draft - 5/4/2023 2:09:31 PM   
Phil Riewer

I look at it as starters from drafts is how I judge them.

2022-Cine?, Ingram?, Booth?, Asamoah?, Nailor?, Evans?---in 2022 Ingram started almost the whole season and there will be a couple more out of the draft.
2023-Hockenson is a starter already....probably Addison and Blackmon.

Post #: 739
RE: 2023 NFL Draft - 5/4/2023 3:21:44 PM   
DavidAOlson

Been saving this note for a few days:

The Vikes cleaned up in UDFA. #1 and #4 on the consensus board UDFA list.

Overall/Forecaster/Eval

101/115/104 OLB Andre Carter II, Army

153/171/205 ILB Ivan Pace, Jr., Cincinnati

Carter should have gone in round 4. I assume his Army status was the issue. Needs to work on lower body.
Pace is about round 6, backup/special teamer. IIRC, he was by far the top rated LB prospect remaining.

Not sure about the rest of the UDFA group, but they did nab a couple of the best prospects. I hope at least one works out.

I give myself very good advice, but I very seldom follow it. --- Alice
Post #: 740
RE: 2023 NFL Draft - 5/5/2023 7:24:42 AM   
Bill Jandro

Pace has an incredible pressure rate when blitzing (like 10% more than the next best college player).

Seemed his 6'2" 230 lbs for an on ball LB dropped his stock. Kid now has a chip on his shoulders.

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 741
RE: 2023 NFL Draft - 5/5/2023 8:57:28 AM   
DavidAOlson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Jandro

Pace has an incredible pressure rate when blitzing (like 10% more than the next best college player).

Seemed his 6'2" 230 lbs for an on ball LB dropped his stock. Kid now has a chip on his shoulders.

Why the heck did he fall out of the draft? Anyone heard anything? Just size?

Post #: 742
RE: 2023 NFL Draft - 5/5/2023 9:36:45 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Jandro

Why the heck did he fall out of the draft? Anyone heard anything? Just size?

He is 5'10". Just height dropped him.
Carter needs to add strength as he got knocked on his keister during Senior Bowl by top OLineman multiple times.

< Message edited by Phil Riewer -- 5/5/2023 9:37:46 AM >

Post #: 743
RE: 2023 NFL Draft - 5/5/2023 11:00:50 AM   
DavidAOlson

Bad Senior Bowl makes more sense than just height.

Practice Squad or Special Teams for a year, then see what develops.

He was rated around 5th/6th round because he had issues. I'm still surprised he fell out completely. At least four worse LB prospects were cleared out before the next LB who wasn't drafted, Cam Jones, and he was rated 226 on the consensus board.

Post #: 744
RE: 2023 NFL Draft - 5/5/2023 11:21:30 AM   
Pauldiercks1

I admit I'm hoping we get our asses beat in the 2023 season. One win and I would be ecstatic. I'm old enough now winning regular season games is no longer meaningful in itself. If we lose enough to get the right QB and it takes a few years of winning no games it's totally worth it. I just know 45 yrs of trying to bolster the roster without a top 5 QB is not working. There is one person that matters on the team and it's the QB. Every other position can be a prostitute position, but a SB QB most likely needs to be drafted. Sure, it can work other ways, but the percentage is very small.
Post #: 745
RE: 2023 NFL Draft - 5/5/2023 12:08:14 PM   
TJSweens

quote:

ORIGINAL: Pauldiercks1

I admit I'm hoping we get our asses beat in the 2023 season. One win and I would be ecstatic. I'm old enough now winning regular season games is no longer meaningful in itself. If we lose enough to get the right QB and it takes a few years of winning no games it's totally worth it. I just know 45 yrs of trying to bolster the roster without a top 5 QB is not working. There is one person that matters on the team and it's the QB. Every other position can be a prostitute position, but a SB QB most likely needs to be drafted. Sure, it can work other ways, but the percentage is very small.

It still comes down to drafting and scouting. Otherwise the Lions should have been a powerhouse somewhere in the last few decades.

< Message edited by TJSweens -- 5/5/2023 3:41:00 PM >

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 746
RE: 2023 NFL Draft - 5/5/2023 12:25:45 PM   
DavidAOlson

quote:

quote:

You
It still comes down to drafting and scouting. Otherwise the Lions should have been a powerhouse somewhere in the last few decades.

Ah, the Lions.

They ALWAYS find a way to screw up. I'm fascinated to find out how they'll manage this year. It's a puzzle!

Post #: 747
RE: 2023 NFL Draft - 5/5/2023 12:49:26 PM   
David F.

quote:

quote:

quote:

You

Ah, the Lions.

They ALWAYS find a way to screw up. I'm fascinated to find out how they'll manage this year. It's a puzzle!

Dan Campbell has shown a tendency to make emotionally driven decisions with the game on the line. In my opinion that's the top candidate for if there will be something that holds them back in 2023. My guess is that they'll win the NFCN. Just look at their last 10 games of 2022 - they were playing at an extremely high level.

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 748
RE: 2023 NFL Draft - 5/5/2023 2:00:16 PM   
Bill Jandro

quote:

ORIGINAL: David F.

quote:

quote:

quote:

You

Ah, the Lions.

Dan Campbell has shown a tendency to make emotionally driven decisions with the game on the line. In my opinion that's the top candidate for if there will be something that holds them back in 2023. My guess is that they'll win the NFCN. Just look at their last 10 games of 2022 - they were playing at an extremely high level.

Not even sure Campbell can screw this up. Lions are going to be good.

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 749
RE: 2023 NFL Draft - 5/5/2023 2:49:44 PM   
marty

I think the Lions made some mistakes in the draft, they still have plenty of holes on defense.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 750
Page:   <<   < prev  28 29 [30] 31 32   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: 2023 NFL Draft Page: <<   < prev  28 29 [30] 31 32   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode