Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  180 181 [182] 183 184   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/3/2023 12:10:19 PM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

ORIGINAL: Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Johanesen

Assuming Cousins wants to return to the Vikings (and the Wilfs are neutral on the matter) but Cousins in fact is not re-signed by the Vikings, who here believes Kwesi is not 100% responsible for that?

If you think Kwesi is the decision maker on that, what do you believe Kwesi's reason(s) are for not re-signing Cousins?

Most are over Kirk now until offseason and seeing what Hall/Dobbs do....some apparently aren't.
As can be seen it is tough for the Kirk Sans crowd.

If you were over Kirk you'd just leave it alone. Instead of trying to bait the kirk sans crowd.
Post #: 4526
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/3/2023 12:18:03 PM  4 votes
Daniel Lee Young

People who do not know or bother to read, what and why I post in other threads, not related to Vikings football..

Do not understand one of my basic problems with people like our current IR quarterback..

Hypocrisy

Greed.

Coveting money.

Doing public deeds of charity and “ Christian values “ to be perceived as such an upstanding and righteous person..

He is not alone in my dislike…

He is however “ the chosen one, the Face” of the leadership on the Vikings..

The inconvenient truth is as follows:

New Living Translation
“When you pray, don’t be like the hypocrites who love to pray publicly on street corners and in the synagogues where everyone can see them. I tell you the truth, that is all the reward they will ever get.

Cross References
Matthew 6:1
"Be careful not to perform your righteous acts before men to be seen by them. If you do, you will have no reward from your Father in heaven.

Then in no particular Order....

Poor decision making, sloth like route tree reading, lack of situational awareness, failing to own his failures, lack of mobility…

1-4

On and on..

Yea, I. Happy he is sidelined.

I hope he searches his hypocritical soul and asks himself …WWJD.

Fortunately, I do not suffer from that delusion..

Go Vikes.

Crush it, Hall!

Show the league, Dobbs!

The new age begins on Sunday.

Oh and all you Christian’s remember the Sabbath and keep it Holy…

< Message edited by Daniel Lee Young -- 11/3/2023 12:21:26 PM >

"Thou shall not bear false witness”
I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 4527
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/3/2023 12:19:30 PM   
Tom Sykes

My expectation is our next few games - at the least - will be real ugly ...

lots of turnover ugly? lots of three and out ugly? quite possibly.

Certainly inefficient would be understood ... however, if Hall can do enough here and there to keep us in it ...

I'll walk away with that as a real positive this week.
Post #: 4528
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/3/2023 12:29:41 PM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

ORIGINAL: Daniel Lee Young

People who do not know or bother to read, what and why I post in other threads, not related to Vikings football..

Do not understand one of my basic problems with people like our current IR quarterback..

Hypocrisy

Greed.

Coveting money.

Doing public deeds of charity and “ Christian values “ to be perceived as such an upstanding and righteous person..

New Living Translation
When you pray, don’t be like the hypocrites who love to pray publicly on street corners and in the synagogues where everyone can see them. I tell you the truth, that is all the reward they will ever get.

Cross References
"Be careful not to perform your righteous acts before men to be seen by them. If you do, you will have no reward from your Father in heaven.

Poor decision making, sloth like route tree reading, lack of situational awareness, failing to own his failures, lack of mobility…

1-4

On and on..

Go Vikes.

Crush it, Hall!

Show the league, Dobson!

Yup.

I can't speak for everyone but I do not see posters 'trashing' Cousins' religious beliefs.

What I do see and participate in is, he wears his religion on his sleeve – people complain and make fun about that; he uses his sports celebrity stature like a bullhorn to espouse those beliefs – people complain and make fun about that.

Its the same with anything, to each their own live and let live ... unless you stick it in my face – then I'm going to respond. It's a God given right.
Post #: 4529
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/3/2023 12:51:48 PM  1 votes
Mark Anderson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tom Sykes

quote:

ORIGINAL: Daniel Lee Young

Hypocrisy

Greed.

Coveting money.

New Living Translation
When you pray, don’t be like the hypocrites who love to pray publicly on street corners and in the synagogues where everyone can see them. I tell you the truth, that is all the reward they will ever get.

Cross References

1-4

On and on..

Go Vikes.

Crush it, Hall!

Show the league, Dobson!

Yup.

I can't speak for everyone but I do not see posters 'trashing' Cousins' religious beliefs.

What I do see and participate in is, he wears his religion on his sleeve – people complain and make fun about that; he uses his sports celebrity stature like a bullhorn to espouse those beliefs – people complain and make fun about that.

Its the same with anything, to each their own live and let live ... unless you stick it in my face – then I'm going to respond. It's a God given right.

BINGO!!
Post #: 4530
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/3/2023 1:07:51 PM   
Mark Anderson

With Cousins, we are probably 50/50 under center and shotgun(rpo).

Will we go 75% RPO with Hall and Dobbs?

RPO with Cousins was basically using 2/3rds of it. He was not going to run. Now we can use all 3 options.
Post #: 4531
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/3/2023 1:33:37 PM   
Ricky J

Saw the Pitt coach(es) wearing a cross( es) around the neck outside the sweatshirt(s) last night.

At least it wasn't around his sleeve.

Some of you act like all Cousins does is try and convert you - what a bunch of bs

You've got a prob with Cousins getting what he can get while everyone in the NFL does the exact same thing - except TB ... maybe
Post #: 4532
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/3/2023 2:54:23 PM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ricky J

Saw the Pitt coach(es) wearing a cross( es) around the neck outside the sweatshirt(s) last night.

Some of you act like all Cousins does is try and convert you - what a bunch of bs

You've got a prob with Cousins getting what he can get while everyone in the NFL does the exact same thing - except TB ... maybe

Watch out, Ricky.

calvary will be coming shortly.
Post #: 4533
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/3/2023 3:03:54 PM   
David F.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tom Sykes

My expectation is our next few games - at the least - will be real ugly ...

lots of turnover ugly? lots of three and out ugly? quite possibly.

Certainly inefficient would be understood ... however, if Hall can do enough here and there to keep us in it ...

I'll walk away with that as a real positive this week.

Sounds a lot like our first eight games if you ask me.

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 4534
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/3/2023 3:12:11 PM   
marty

Turns out Vikings first choice for a new backup QB was Brissett, but asking price was too high:

https://share.newsbreak.com/5bn9f478

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 4535
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/3/2023 3:17:34 PM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

ORIGINAL: marty

Turns out Vikings first choice for a new backup QB was Brissett, but asking price was too high:

Dodged a bullet there.
Post #: 4536
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/3/2023 3:25:47 PM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

ORIGINAL: marty

We got Dobbs.

Who cares?

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work if it's not open. Frank Zappa
Post #: 4537
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/3/2023 3:30:28 PM   
Mark Anderson

Falcons WR Drake London out. Stop the run game and we should keep them under 20.
Post #: 4538
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/3/2023 4:02:43 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

Assuming Cousins wants to return to the Vikings (and the Wilfs are neutral on the matter) but Cousins in fact is not re-signed by the Vikings, who here believes Kwesi is not 100% responsible for that?

If you think Kwesi is the decision maker on that, what do you believe Kwesi's reason(s) are for not re-signing Cousins?

Anyone?

Obviously Kwesi is the decision maker. So why didn't he extend/re-sign Cousins? What GM leaves the key player w/o a contract in his last year? Not talking LB, or even a top CB. It's the QB.

As long as Hall doesn't fall on his face he could start next year and serve as a bridge to the 1st round QB. If pending UFA Dobbs does well he will be too expensive to sign as a backup, and if he does poor then he can stay a UFA. Dobbs could go crazy and be consistently great in which case all that goes out the window and he becomes the #1 option to start in 2024. That seems like a very low probability.

If all that is accurate, it reasons that Dobbs is here just for 2023 and could end up stunting Hall's growth.
Post #: 4539
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/3/2023 4:06:59 PM   
Bill Johanesen

I think the regime was under a bit of pressure to do 'something' at QB, so they signed whomever had a low salary and wouldn't require much, if anything, in a trade.

Plus, it's likely Kwesi once again has his eyes on an entirely different industry to work in and brought in Dobbs to talk aerospace engineering. Future chief of NASA?
Post #: 4540
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/3/2023 4:07:56 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mark Anderson

Falcons WR Drake London out. Stop the run game and we should keep them under 20.

If we play Mattison, they have already stopped our run game.
Post #: 4541
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/3/2023 4:26:41 PM   
Jeff Jesser

I'm really curious to see how KOC coaches this offense now. He has a pretty decent juggle job in front of him. He has minimize Hall's inexperience and still score points. I expect quite a bit of designed running plays for him and getting him on the move with 1 or 2, max, reads. A lot of dink and dunk.
Post #: 4542
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/3/2023 4:36:38 PM   
Bill Johanesen

The other day ESPN discussed each of the (recently fired) Josh McDaniels (and the GM) big decisions during their Raiders tenure. Some of Kwesi's decisions echoed. Here is a copy of somebody's rundown of Kwesi's decisions:

Traded back from 12, all the way to 32, while only gaining 12 spots in the 2nd round and a 3rd. Passed on drafting stud S Kyle Hamilton and drafted what is looking like a bust Lewis Cine instead. Followed up that non premium position pick with a CB who dropped because he can't stay healthy and spent another 2nd on another non premium position, OG. 3 high picks, no starters (1 starter).

Paid an injury prone Davenport $13M, $10M fully guaranteed and he can't get on the field. This should have been an incentive laden prove it type deal. Instead Kwesi gave him the bag he had not earned and by the time he gets healthy, the Vikes season may be over.

Traded a 2nd rd pick for Hockenson and got stuck making him the highest paid TE in the game instead of standing pat and drafting a TE in one of the deepest TE classes in a long time. Meanwhile, 2nd rd rookie Sam LaPorta is looking like an absolute stud for Detroit.

Couldn't get JJ locked down, presumably because he spent too much money on guys like Davenport and Hockenson. Neither deserved the bag more than JJ.

Kwesi started out by dealing with a mess, but if he gets fired many of these things will be why.
Post #: 4543
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/3/2023 4:48:22 PM   
ratoppenheimer

quote:

quote:

If we play Mattison, they have already stopped our run game.

playing dobbs would make o'connell's playcalling job much easier...he could play more chandler, because dobbs won't need the rb blocking cousins did, and most probably hall will....

dobbs brings a dynamic that neither cousins or hall have...we speed the game up and widen the field with dobss and chandler....

give mattison the day off....

okay, maybe dobbs won't be ready this Sunday, but at this moment from where i'm sitting, dobbs is going to be our best shot this season....

the journey...is paradise.
Post #: 4544
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/3/2023 4:56:36 PM   
jbusse

quote:

The other day ESPN discussed each of the (recently fired) Josh McDaniels (and the GM) big decisions during their Raiders tenure. Some of Kwesi's decisions echoed. Here is a copy of somebody's rundown of Kwesi's decisions:

Traded back from 12, all the way to 32, while only gaining 12 spots in the 2nd round and a 3rd. Passed on drafting stud S Kyle Hamilton and drafted what is looking like a bust Lewis Cine instead. Followed up that non premium position pick with a CB who dropped because he can't stay healthy and spent another 2nd on another non premium position, OG. 3 high picks, no starters (1 starter).

Paid an injury prone Davenport $13M, $10M fully guaranteed and he can't get on the field. This should have been an incentive laden prove it type deal. Instead Kwesi gave him the bag he had not earned and by the time he gets healthy, the Vikes season may be over.

Traded a 2nd rd pick for Hockenson and got stuck making him the highest paid TE in the game instead of standing pat and drafting a TE in one of the deepest TE classes in a long time. Meanwhile, 2nd rd rookie Sam LaPorta is looking like an absolute stud for Detroit.

Couldn't get JJ locked down, presumably because he spent too much money on guys like Davenport and Hockenson. Neither deserved the bag more than JJ.

Kwesi started out by dealing with a mess, but if he gets fired many of these things will be why.

Pretty well sums up Kwesi's shortcomings in player evaluation. You need a GM who gets good value, in the draft, free agency, or trades.

Each team is given the same key resources in draft picks and salary cap $. The winners are those that make the most of those resources.
Post #: 4545
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/3/2023 5:11:31 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

ORIGINAL: jbusse

quote:

Pretty well sums up Kwesi's shortcomings in player evaluation. You need a GM who gets good value, in the draft, free agency, or trades.

Each team is given the same key resources in draft picks and salary cap $. The winners are those that make the most of those resources.

Yep. This offseason is so important obviously because of QB. But also because IMO Kwesi hasn't built up enough positives to wiff on a 1st round QB (if we go that route, which we will lol).
Post #: 4546
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/3/2023 5:46:34 PM   
Bill Johanesen

One quick post. After eight games the Vikings have beaten one team with a winning record, and MAYBE except for the Saints will not even have an opportunity to beat a team with a winning record until week 14. And that's against the current 3-5 Raiders.
Post #: 4547
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/3/2023 6:41:50 PM   
ratoppenheimer

quote:

wasn't kwesi looking for a way out of drafting addison, too - o'connell had to beg him to just pull the trigger....

kwesi is a vegas day trader that sees draft picks as chips on a felt table....

the journey...is paradise.
Post #: 4548
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/3/2023 8:17:25 PM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

ORIGINAL: ratoppenheimer

quote:

wasn't kwesi looking for a way out of drafting addison, too - o'connell had to beg him to just pull the trigger....

kwesi is a vegas day trader that sees draft picks as chips on a felt table....

Kwesi: Time to put my foot down on this one … but I dont want to scuff my Cucinellis … Kevin?
Kevin: No prob, I submitted the Addison card 7 minutes ago. Our plan wins!
Post #: 4549
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/3/2023 9:18:12 PM   
Ricky J

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ricky J

Watch out, Ricky.

calvary will be coming shortly.

Whatever. I think Ill get through it

I don't do well when I think people are being treated unfairly - like shit! It's the way Im wired. Character matters. Cousins has it, imo.

Personally, I've never felt he was sticking anything in my face. If he was I'd have a problem with it.

Same with classmates and friends who post God things on FB. Just scroll on by or hit the X. Gee, how hard was that? And when they post 'bout they're son or daughter going to state, hit the "like' button. Just 'cause they're wired differently than I am doesn't make the them worthy of bs ridicule
Post #: 4550
Page:   <<   < prev  180 181 [182] 183 184   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  180 181 [182] 183 184   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode