Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  179 180 [181] 182 183   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/2/2023 10:13:20 PM   
Ricky J

quote:

ORIGINAL: beo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ricky J

Kick a pop-up, up 4 with 4min to go and they end up on the 50.

Just kick it out of the end zone, man!

I think there was a personal foul against Steelers pushing the kickoff back?

Maybe. I just saw the ball come down as I entered the room not knowing what yard line it was on.
Post #: 4501
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/3/2023 3:08:47 AM   
ratoppenheimer

people, and the media, are trying to will cousins back to the vikings next season - like, he didn't get the chance to finish, and he's owed that chance...give it up, man...it was an act of god - an act to spare us the emotional twists of early January....

they say that he'll sign cheap, like only $35mm...that's not cheap, and for a man that is old and broken and can't win anyway....

let cousins go, and let go of cousins....

the journey...is paradise.
Post #: 4502
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/3/2023 4:09:17 AM   
Todd M

CYC = count your chickens.

Just going with my gut for now.

The team and it’s super star esp love him.

There are more fans that love him than don’t.

35 million? I say Cousins should play for 10. He might not even be ready for a couple of months. Promote whoever balls between Hall and Dobbs. Still draft a QB.
Post #: 4503
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/3/2023 7:26:45 AM   
Bill Jandro

quote:

Watching Levis against the Steelers...

If the knock on Levis was pocket presence... I don't see it.
He has been good in the pocket to my eyes.
Reminds me of a young Josh Allen... plenty of arm strength.

It's early of course.
Love Addison... hope Vikes don't regret not taking Levis.
QBs can be found outside the top 5 picks.

Your spot on. This kid looks the part. Big and strong, side steps pressure, and can just flick the ball 40 yards w/o winding up.

Kwesi is an idiot for passing on this guy who fell right into our lap. Just think we could be watching him Sunday playing for us. Dumb Gm after dumb GM.

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 4504
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/3/2023 8:47:54 AM   
Ricky J

quote:

ORIGINAL: Todd M

CYC = count your chickens.

Just going with my gut for now.

The team and it’s super star esp love him.

There are more fans that love him than don’t.

35 million? I say Cousins should play for 10. He might not even be ready for a couple of months. Promote whoever balls between Hall and Dobbs. Still draft a QB.

I say he should play to win if he gets another, or wants another, shot - money the least of all things considered; but when has that ever happened?
Post #: 4505
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/3/2023 8:59:35 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Jandro

quote:

Watching Levis against the Steelers...

If the knock on Levis was pocket presence... I don't see it.
He has been good in the pocket to my eyes.
Reminds me of a young Josh Allen... plenty of arm strength.

It's early of course.
Love Addison... hope Vikes don't regret not taking Levis.
QBs can be found outside the top 5 picks.

Your spot on. This kid looks the part. Big and strong, side steps pressure, and can just flick the ball 40 yards w/o winding up.

Kwesi is an idiot for passing on this guy who fell right into our lap. Just think we could be watching him Sunday playing for us. Dumb Gm after dumb GM.

All 32 passed on him in the first and Addison has been very good were we drafted him. Once again draft a QB every draft....maybe Hall is very good; we will see.
Levis wasn't as good last night.

< Message edited by Phil Riewer -- 11/3/2023 9:18:05 AM >

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 4506
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/3/2023 9:19:05 AM   
Bill Johanesen

So now the hope is down to "there are more fans that love him than don't"?

Cousins certainly gained a lot of fans in NY after his playoff debacle. Speaking of NY, didn't Mel Kiper coin the term "reach" when the Jets took Jeff Lageman?
Post #: 4507
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/3/2023 9:24:55 AM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

ORIGINAL: ratoppenheimer

people, and the media, are trying to will cousins back to the vikings next season - like, he didn't get the chance to finish, and he's owed that chance...give it up, man...it was an act of god - an act to spare us the emotional twists of early January....

they say that he'll sign cheap, like only $35mm...that's not cheap, and for a man that is old and broken and can't win anyway....

let cousins go, and let go of cousins....

Once in a while a post comes along that encapsulates all the key points. This Post of the Year does that.
Post #: 4508
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/3/2023 9:48:43 AM   
Bill Johanesen

Actually Cousins' $28.5 million dead cap in 2024 could be the saving grace that brings him back for at least a year. He could sign for the same $28.5 million which I believe then allows Kwesi to kick the $28.5 million dead cap further out. Next year's cap would be a wash.

Maybe the cult can cling to that

But one has to wonder... Brzez has the 2024 data. Kicking dead cap forward is quite common with this regime. It looks quite doable. Since Cousins is such a fan favorite, the Wilf's should love the idea because they can raise ticket prices. With a little imagination, people could say it's a miracle and we're Super Bowl bound!

Yet Kwesi has chose NOT to do it. Instead, Cousins ended up having to play without a contract after this year, took a risk, and sustained a big injury.
Post #: 4509
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/3/2023 9:59:55 AM   
Bill Johanesen

Not shedding tears for Cousins and his hundreds of millions of dollars, but it seems like he got a raw deal.

One would think the pro-Cousins crowd would be harping on Kwesi for letting Cousins twist in the wind then suffer the brutality of the business side of the NFL, but has there been a single post about THAT? Instead, there are many posts chastising, yep, posters who want him gone, conjuring up reasons he'll be back, etc.
Post #: 4510
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/3/2023 10:09:17 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Johanesen

Not shedding tears for Cousins and his hundreds of millions of dollars, but it seems like he got a raw deal.

One would think the pro-Cousins crowd would be harping on Kwesi for letting Cousins twist in the wind then suffer the brutality of the business side of the NFL, but has there been a single post about THAT? Instead, there are many posts chastising, yep, posters who want him gone, conjuring up reasons he'll be back, etc.

I thought you didn't care either way about Kirk? Maybe that was just for 10 mins yesterday?

Post #: 4511
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/3/2023 10:09:57 AM   
Ricky J

ha ha - he's either back or he's not. Whatever.

Since he first came to the Vikings it always amazed me the unlikability qualities he possessed. I theorized from the beginning that it's mostly bc he looks like a geek. It also amazes me how those who see themselves as "enlightened" trash his beliefs. Why do we care what he believes and who are we to criticize?

I see this whole "done for the season" thing as too bad. Regardless of what some will try to make you believe we will never know how this thing would have played out. Maybe we would of missed the playoffs, maybe we would of won a SB, with a lot of room in the middle. It just would of been a better ending for all sides of Kirk's likabilities if we could of finished and then drawn the final conclusions from there, imo. But life can suck and then you die - or you can go with the flow and get the most out of it.
Post #: 4512
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/3/2023 10:10:50 AM   
Phil Riewer

Kevin Seifert
@SeifertESPN
·
3m
Sunday's game will be the 3rd for the Falcons against a rookie QB making his 1st start. They beat Carolina's Bryce Young and lost to Tennessee's Will Levis. What will they do vs. Minnesota's Jaren Hall? Predictions, stats and more in
@espn
's Week 9 preview
Kevin Seifert
@SeifertESPN
·
1m
Also, Jaren Hall will be the 8th rookie QB to start an NFL game this season. That will be the most through Week 9 since 1950, excluding the 1987 strike year, per
@ESPNStatsInfo

Post #: 4513
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/3/2023 10:13:38 AM   
ronhextall

quote:

Since he first came to the Vikings it always amazed me the unlikability qualities he possessed. I theorized from the beginning that it's mostly bc he looks like a geek. It also amazes me how those who see themselves as "enlightened" trash his beliefs. Why do we care what he believes and who are we to criticize?

I see this whole "done for the season" thing as too bad. Regardless of what some will try to make you believe we will never know how this thing would have played out. Maybe we would of missed the playoffs, maybe we would of won a SB, with a lot of room in the middle. It just would of been a better ending for all sides of Kirk's likabilities if we could of finished and then drawn the final conclusions from there, imo. But life can suck and then you die - or you can go with the flow and get the most out of it.

If he is healthy it looks like the Packers and Steelers should have interest in Kirk. Their current QB's are not good.
Post #: 4514
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/3/2023 10:25:11 AM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

You still believe people do not like Cousins for his look, demeanor, beliefs, and whatnot. I say that's bull. It's about team success. Kirk Cousins plays the singularly most important position in team sports, yet he was unable to obtain more than a single playoff win in six years. And that's when darn near a half of all teams make the playoffs.

On the other side of the extreme, if he would have led the team to a Super Bowl win he would be a forever hero. I'd be fine with him commanding $100 million a year and preaching gospel every time he opened his mouth.

So again, why use posters as cop out for this predicament and say nothing about Kwesi letting him hang in the wind?
Post #: 4515
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/3/2023 10:48:00 AM   
Phil Riewer

SD

< Message edited by Phil Riewer -- 11/3/2023 11:36:27 AM >

Post #: 4516
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/3/2023 10:53:04 AM   
Ricky J

quote:

quote:

You still believe people do not like Cousins for his look, demeanor, beliefs, and whatnot. I say that's bull. It's about team success. Kirk Cousins plays the singularly most important position in team sports, yet he was unable to obtain more than a single playoff win in six years. And that's when darn near a half of all teams make the playoffs.

On the other side of the extreme, if he would have led the team to a Super Bowl win he would be a forever hero. I'd be fine with him commanding $100 million a year and preaching gospel every time he opened his mouth.

So again, why use posters as cop out for this predicament and say nothing about Kwesi letting him hang in the wind?

Im not using anyone for anything
This is just how i feel. Nothing more.
Dont confuse this post with an attempt to slip in a zinger, 'cause obviously thats not beneath me. It never crossed my mind - pinky swear

< Message edited by Ricky J -- 11/3/2023 11:11:38 AM >
Post #: 4517
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/3/2023 11:02:05 AM   
Bill Johanesen

Nothing wrong with the 'never know' line of thinking, and it is useful for many people. Yes we will never know about the season. Or 2024, 2025, 2026 if he had signed a multi-year contract. Or a zillion other things. What we DO know is Kirk F. Cousins had one playoff win over 11 seasons. That averages out to a 9% chance a year (granted, that has zero impact on a fictitious future event). I'd like to see the average for two playoff wins in a season but that data does not exist. Never knowing doesn't enter my frame of reference or thoughts for something so overwhelmingly one-sided, but again to each his own.

< Message edited by Bill Johanesen -- 11/3/2023 11:07:01 AM >
Post #: 4518
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/3/2023 11:04:37 AM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

quote:

quote:

Dont confuse this post with an attempt to slip in a zinger, 'cause obviously thats not beneath me. It never crossed my mind - pinky swearp

OK... in general it's sometimes difficult to distinguish intent.
Post #: 4519
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/3/2023 11:09:11 AM   
ronhextall

https://www.statmuse.com/nfl/ask/most-qb-playoff-wins-among-active-qbs

assuming it's accurate, pretty interesting.
Post #: 4520
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/3/2023 11:09:54 AM   
Ricky J

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Dont confuse this post with an attempt to slip in a zinger, 'cause obviously thats not beneath me. It never crossed my mind - pinky swearp

OK... in general it's sometimes difficult to distinguish intent.

I agree
Post #: 4521
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/3/2023 11:16:30 AM   
Bill Johanesen

Assuming Cousins wants to return to the Vikings (and the Wilfs are neutral on the matter) but Cousins in fact is not re-signed by the Vikings, who here believes Kwesi is not 100% responsible for that?

If you think Kwesi is the decision maker on that, what do you believe Kwesi's reason(s) are for not re-signing Cousins?
Post #: 4522
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/3/2023 11:21:18 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

Assuming Cousins wants to return to the Vikings (and the Wilfs are neutral on the matter) but Cousins in fact is not re-signed by the Vikings, who here believes Kwesi is not 100% responsible for that?

If you think Kwesi is the decision maker on that, what do you believe Kwesi's reason(s) are for not re-signing Cousins?

Most are over Kirk now until offseason and seeing what Hall/Dobbs do....some apparently aren't.
As can be seen it is tough for the Kirk Sans crowd.

< Message edited by Phil Riewer -- 11/3/2023 11:25:53 AM >

Post #: 4523
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/3/2023 11:24:25 AM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

ORIGINAL: ronhextall

https://www.statmuse.com/nfl/ask/most-qb-playoff-wins-among-active-qbs

assuming it's accurate, pretty interesting.

It's totally misleading since Garoppolo, Hill, and others were backups. They even list Minshew with zero passes and Wolford with just six attempts. Technically true but bogus because they didn't do the work to separate out starter or a QB who played the whole game vs just someone on the roster. And is Cousins not listed because he is on IR and not active?
Post #: 4524
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/3/2023 12:08:49 PM   
marty

What the Hill ?

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 4525
Page:   <<   < prev  179 180 [181] 182 183   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  179 180 [181] 182 183   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode