Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  251 252 [253] 254 255   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/26/2023 3:03:04 PM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Todd M

People you block stay blocked until you unblock them. Nothing to do with logging in and out.

#oops

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 6301
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/26/2023 3:05:45 PM   
Phil Riewer

The turf in the Bank and Practice facility is being replaced before next year.

Number for the Bank was about 1.2 million being reported.

< Message edited by Phil Riewer -- 12/26/2023 3:35:52 PM >

Post #: 6302
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/26/2023 3:07:27 PM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Phil Riewer
As feared:
Head Coach Kevin O'Connell announced that T.J. Hockenson suffered a season-ending ACL and MCL injury.

With it being ACL and MCL...odds are good TJ won't be available early in 2024 season.

Post #: 6303
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/26/2023 3:16:12 PM   
Todd M

quote:

quote:

As feared:
Head Coach Kevin O'Connell announced that T.J. Hockenson suffered a season-ending ACL and MCL injury.

With it being ACL and MCL...odds are good TJ won't be available early in 2024 season.

I feel like he was just starting to play up to his potential/status. It seemed all positive vs his usual mixed results.
Post #: 6304
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/26/2023 3:33:42 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Johanesen

So I just re-signed back in and forgot to block the butt hurt poster who is now comparing a starter to, wait for it, 2nd/3rd/4th string QBs. OF COURSE the starters stats should be better! Holy dip shit Batman! And the salary disparity certainly reflects that:

Career earnings:
Cousins: $200+ million
Dobbs+Mullens+Hall: 6.5+5.2+0.28 = $11.8 million

Note to self not to forget to set the IPs upon logging in.

That’s not a thing but thanks for your diligent reporting on your blocking actions. We need to know every move so good job.

I see it's not a thing. My cross to bear for looking before logging out because I sensed some ultra-stupidity. Sure enough.

< Message edited by Bill Johanesen -- 12/26/2023 3:44:03 PM >
Post #: 6305
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/26/2023 3:40:32 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

People you block stay blocked until you unblock them. Nothing to do with logging in and out.

#oops

Wow, doubling down on your zeal. Congratulate yourself with two pats on your back.

Won't be long before we hear your running annual ~ I feel so let down and distraught, this is exciting, HFA for sure, WTF, I hate this team, fire all of them routine.

Speaking of which, I'm adding you to the list.

< Message edited by Bill Johanesen -- 12/26/2023 3:41:51 PM >
Post #: 6306
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/26/2023 3:56:04 PM   
Todd M

Your blocks are: Soft block. Block and peak. Temporary until you can let the board know it’s time for me to go back on again.

I’ll be ok.
Post #: 6307
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/26/2023 4:42:43 PM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

Your blocks are: Soft block. Block and peak. Temporary until you can let the board know it’s time for me to go back on again.

I’ll be ok.

#idlethreat

Post #: 6308
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/26/2023 4:56:03 PM   
Bill Johanesen

Last 21 posts... 16 blocked! Those are great stats. Darn near flukey.
Post #: 6309
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/26/2023 5:05:42 PM   
marty

I read somewhere that if the Vikings lose their last 2 games, and certain teams win their games, that the Vikings could draft as high as #5.

Is this true ?

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 6310
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/26/2023 5:11:37 PM   
marty

One of Kirk's biggest problems, and it was reflected in the mediocre record, was his slow starts. We were the lowest scoring 1st quarter team in the NFL under him this season.

Slow starts were also common last year, even though the opposition was fielding a lot of backup QBs. That was a combination of Kirk, combined with the horrible Donnashell defense.

A major comeback is impressive, but it was also poor play that led to the early deficit, and a poor reflection for Matt Ryan being on the wrong end of it, along with being on the wrong end of the greatest comeback in Super Bowl history.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 6311
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/26/2023 5:24:23 PM   
Bill Johanesen

Was hoping the last member of the Axis of Evil popped in. Last 24, 18 blocked! Percentage drops a point but love those wins. They count double in Canada.
Post #: 6312
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/26/2023 9:04:41 PM   
Daniel Lee Young

I enjoy watching the STANS come up with “ brain proof” reasons why KFC is the ONLY option going forward..

They ignore the mediocrity that has been on full display for Six years, claim how KFC was “ the great Architect of “13-4”, Ignoring it was actually 13-5 and a complete clusterfuck in the wild card, being trounced at home..

But, Stans gotta jock slobber on the coulda woulda shoulda…

4-4 as starter.. “ but.. but.. his STATS….. and the STATS of player X, y, z, with and without K fn Jesus Cousins!!…”

Like that BS is more important than oh.. winning a division and getting a bye..

Hogs at the trough of mediocre…

Snort.. snort.. nom Kirk.. nom.. fn.. snort..Cousins…

SQUEEEEEEEEEL!!

< Message edited by Daniel Lee Young -- 12/26/2023 11:53:31 PM >

"Thou shall not bear false witness”
I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 6313
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/27/2023 2:50:09 AM   
JT2

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Johanesen

During the offseason the regime signed Oliver and Mattison in a concentrated effort to improve a running game that averaged 4.1 ypc. As this season winds down, we are at 3.9 ypc (tied for 23rd-25th). All in all, that's an epic fail. We need better blockers and a better RB.

Can't fault the defense for much as Flores held it together for much of the season until DCs figured out how to expose it. Continued smoke and mirrors won't hide the need for more talented players, especially at CB and DE/Edge.

QB, CB, IOL, DE, RB. Another offseason with a long list of needs.

We have a way of over valuing, over drafting and over paying the two easiest offensive positions to fill...RB and TE. We've been doing this for a minute. It's so dumb. Get smart on QB and OL. Some teams have literally won the Super Bowl with fifth and sixth round, and even undrafted RB's. These are plug and play positions. What RB or TE is going to win you a Super Bowl? We've been dumb on this shit for a while.
Post #: 6314
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/27/2023 7:58:52 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Daniel Lee Young

I enjoy watching the STANS come up with “ brain proof” reasons why KFC is the ONLY option going forward..

They ignore the mediocrity that has been on full display for Six years, claim how KFC was “ the great Architect of “13-4”, Ignoring it was actually 13-5 and a complete clusterfuck in the wild card, being trounced at home..

But, Stans gotta jock slobber on the coulda woulda shoulda…

4-4 as starter.. “ but.. but.. his STATS….. and the STATS of player X, y, z, with and without K fn Jesus Cousins!!…”

Like that BS is more important than oh.. winning a division and getting a bye..

Hogs at the trough of mediocre…

Snort.. snort.. nom Kirk.. nom.. fn.. snort..Cousins…

SQUEEEEEEEEEL!!

When did anyone say he was the only option? Better option than Mullins or Dobbs which is obvious. Are you happy with 4INTs games? I guess you can keep justifying it by blaming KOC.....

Zach Wilson who was one of the top 3 drafted QBs wasn't/isn't ready....same with Jordan Love. Even if you draft one high he may need a year or two. Mahomes, you know who the sans always reference, doesn't help your argument even as he also sat a year.

What is the best option for the Vikings not Dan Young?

< Message edited by Phil Riewer -- 12/27/2023 8:11:15 AM >

Post #: 6315
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/27/2023 8:25:39 AM   
Tom Sykes

I confess I didn’t mind signing Oliver and resigning Mattison as offensive muscle but that was early in the process and I didnt think it would end there … we had to dump Cook and his contract, I thought Hockensen would get more work down the field. I overestimated both signings and I didn’t think we’d completely ignore the OL until, what, week 3 in season (Risner). I didn’t think we would entrench Mattison regardless of production / situation … Akers and Chandler were both under and mis-used.

The QB situation … the people that see it, understand it. The people that don’t want to see it, can’t be reasoned with. Yes the injuries are a get out of jail card for the regime but they are going into their third offseason either starting at square one or worse, going backward if they resign Cousins. The only possible reason for doing that is fear …

fear of failing worse than we already are.Hold on to your butts!
Post #: 6316
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/27/2023 8:31:53 AM   
bstinger

quote:

ORIGINAL: marty

I read somewhere that if the Vikings lose their last 2 games, and certain teams win their games, that the Vikings could draft as high as #5.

Is this true ?

I'll answer it this way.

There are 4 teams that can't get to 7 wins, so 5th is as high as we could get. There are 5 teams with less than 7 now who would need to lose. I don't know who's playing who, if 2 of those 5 teams play each other obviously 1 would win and the other would likely finish above us. No idea how tie breakers would work.

Playing Hall and Losing is the optimal result for the Purple.

"You guys are true athletes!"

--twinsfan
Post #: 6317
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/27/2023 8:34:33 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tom Sykes

I confess I didn’t mind signing Oliver and resigning Mattison as offensive muscle but that was early in the process and I didnt think it would end there … we had to dump Cook and his contract, I thought Hockensen would get more work down the field. I overestimated both signings and I didn’t think we’d completely ignore the OL until, what, week 3 in season (Risner). I didn’t think we would entrench Mattison regardless of production / situation … Akers and Chandler were both under and mis-used.

The QB situation … the people that see it, understand it. The people that don’t want to see it, can’t be reasoned with. Yes the injuries are a get out of jail card for the regime but they are going into their third offseason either starting at square one or worse, going backward if they resign Cousins. The only possible reason for doing that is fear …

Actually there still is a scenario if Hall gets to prove himself that doesn't involve Kirk. The Vikings are such a QB starved franchise...it isn't something that needs to reasoned; it is their history.

Last 2 1st round QBs drafted.....Ponder and Teddy (we also traded a first for Sam of course). The last 2nd rounder drafted was Tavaris. That is what scares fans. Where did those 4 get us? Add Dante even....where did those 5 highly drafted QBs get us?

< Message edited by Phil Riewer -- 12/27/2023 8:39:42 AM >

Post #: 6318
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/27/2023 8:41:13 AM   
Daniel Lee Young

You Stans want Cousins back, regard of cost or cap hit..

“ if only”

“Season was “ lost the second KFC went down..”

I want ANYTHING.. BUT KFC..

He SUCKS!

Literally gut the entire QB room, Keep Hall, roll with that and Fn draft 2 qBs.. one high, one any where, and keep fn doing THAT, until we find a long term answer..

Addison might have talent, but if the QB can’t or won’t use him.. it’s a wasted pick

You think KOC doesn’t deserve criticism for his gutless idiotic playcalling?

His lack of ability to take advantage of gifts from the defense?
Playing for field goals?

Jesus Christ..

KOC is a Tool..and unless he gets his act together next season, he can hit the ****ing road..

I could probably pick 3-4 OC from other teams with better game savvy without trying..

The retreads and castoffs, including Favrey, have been nothing but smoke and mirrors and a WASTE of time and money..for what? 15 years?

Enough is enough.

I really don’t know what’s worse, KOC, KAM, or the shit ass QB’s including Cousins.

Jesus, your love of the mediocrity of “ almost” is ridiculous ..

Favrey had possibly the best group of OL in the past 20 years, but not even that was enough, by the time we got to NFCCG..

Favrey got beat the **** up and pissed down his leg trying to be a hero..

You don’t see that Cousins and his cap cost Is The Problem..

You Fawn and post about his Stats..

I want change and quite frankly, if it means being a losing team, because KOC can’t coach up a QB, that’s isn’t his man crush, like KFC,then we kill two losers with one stone..

I’m good with that.

"Thou shall not bear false witness”
I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 6319
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/27/2023 8:44:50 AM   
David F.

quote:

quote:

Actually there still is a scenario if Hall gets to prove himself that doesn't involve Kirk. The Vikings are such a QB starved franchise...it isn't something that needs to reasoned; it is their history.

Last 2 1st round QBs drafted.....Ponder and Teddy (we also traded a first for Sam of course). The last 2nd rounder drafted was Tavaris. That is what scares fans. Where did those 4 get us? Add Dante even....where did those 5 highly drafted QBs get us?

How do those fans ever summon the strength to get into a car - knowing there have been car accidents?

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 6320
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/27/2023 8:50:22 AM   
Phil Riewer

Let me help you with all the Favre drivel? Would TJack have got us to the title game? That is the reason Favre was signed.....a failed high draft pick on a qb.

Why was Kirk signed? QB carosel with Ponder, Teddy, and Case and an addition Sam injury......again multiple failed high draft picks on a qb led to it.

Post #: 6321
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/27/2023 8:51:03 AM   
David F.

Shoot you edited while I was replying…. What did those five qbs get us? As much or more than Kirk. This, more than anything else, baffles me with Kirk fans/stans. So afraid of… losing out on the same or worse overall results that WE WERE ALREADY GETTING with QBs who are/were perceived to be poor. So, were these QBs actually awesome or is Kirk just ordinary? It’s one or the other.

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 6322
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/27/2023 8:52:52 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: David F.

quote:

quote:

How do those fans ever summon the strength to get into a car - knowing there have been car accidents?

No one is saying to not draft a QB in the first round but that is what led to Kirk and Favre......somehow many forget history.

Why did we bring Fran back? We couldn't draft a good enough QB. It isn't as easy as you are trying to make it sound.

Post #: 6323
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/27/2023 8:59:23 AM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

quote:

Hall showing anything is the proverbial blind nut finding the squirrel.

These people need to put themselves out there and risk success. Not bide their time until something good happens. gzuz.
Post #: 6324
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/27/2023 9:00:27 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: David F.
Shoot you edited while I was replying…. What did those five qbs get us? As much or more than Kirk. This, more than anything else, baffles me with Kirk fans/stans. So afraid of… losing out on the same or worse overall results that WE WERE ALREADY GETTING with QBs who are/were perceived to be poor. So, were these QBs actually awesome or is Kirk just ordinary? It’s one or the other.

Draft a QB better than Kirk and I am all in...Ponder, TJack, Teddy, Dante, and Sam were not the answers to who can win you a SB. Did you think they were? Maybe you thought Case could win us a SB?

Post #: 6325
Page:   <<   < prev  251 252 [253] 254 255   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  251 252 [253] 254 255   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode