Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  255 256 [257] 258 259   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/28/2023 1:29:40 PM   
David Levine

quote:

ORIGINAL: Todd M

A W and hitting JJ without putting in harms way will be a brilliant debut.

Hopefully he can stay healthy through both games.
Post #: 6401
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/28/2023 3:28:26 PM   
Daniel Lee Young

Yea it’s good news, but given the list of starters on the injury sidelines..

Not counting he should be gone…

Is it really giving him a “ fair Chance”?

"Thou shall not bear false witness”
I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 6402
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/28/2023 5:24:05 PM   
Todd M

We’re not in the worst of predicaments playoff wise. Win our last 2 and either Seattle or LA lose one and we’re in.

Correct me if I’m wrong. I don’t know our fate if we lose again…
Post #: 6403
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/28/2023 5:24:59 PM   
David Levine

quote:

ORIGINAL: Todd M

We’re not in the worst of predicaments playoff wise. Win our last 2 and either Seattle or LA lose one and we’re in.

Correct me if I’m wrong. I don’t know our fate if we lose again…

Better draft pick.
Post #: 6404
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/28/2023 5:26:53 PM   
Todd M

Looks like one of them would have to lose both.
Post #: 6405
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/28/2023 5:29:34 PM   
Todd M

I thought I used up all my hopium but I found a tiny piece.
Post #: 6406
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/28/2023 5:38:29 PM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

ORIGINAL: Daniel Lee Young

Yea it’s good news, but given the list of starters on the injury sidelines..

Not counting he should be gone…

Is it really giving him a “ fair Chance”?

Its not fair but its all you get when you're third in the pecking order trying to break through the low confidence barrier – no matter what they say publicly – of the coaches.

Once more, the regime's QB plan has collapsed and forced them to put Hall out there. Injuries suck ... so do inadequate backup and future QB plans.

I don't expect an extended version of Hall's 5 of 6 for 78 yds no turnovers against ATL ... to play that way for four full quarters ... that's a tall order even for our former starting oligarch.

But if Hall actually plays well enough in spots for Kevin to slam the eject button on Mullens for the final Lions game ... and next season ...

some, not a lot but some, will be forgiven.

< Message edited by Tom Sykes -- 12/28/2023 5:40:18 PM >
Post #: 6407
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/28/2023 5:44:14 PM   
David Levine

Its a horrible defense he's going up against, and without their best CB (because he's an idiot...).
Post #: 6408
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/28/2023 6:08:15 PM   
David Levine

Minnesota Vikings

Did Not Participate

DB Theo Jackson (toe)
CB Byron Murphy (knee)
WR Jalen Nailor (concussion)
DT Jaquelin Roy (ankle)

Limited Participation
WR Jordan Addison (ankle, upgrade from DNP on Wednesday)
CB Mekhi Blackmon (shoulder/illness, upgrade from DNP on Wednesday)
DT Sheldon Day (ankle)
LB Troy Dye (wrist)
RB Alexander Mattison (ankle)

Full Participation
OT Brian O’Neill (ankle)
LB Ivan Pace Jr. (shoulder)
DT Harrison Phillips (back, upgrade from LP on Wednesday)
Post #: 6409
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/28/2023 6:10:25 PM   
Daniel Lee Young

I have ZERO confidence in KOC, to game plan to Hall’s strengths..

I forsee a dynamically Mobil, intelligent QB, being pounded into KOC’s tiny minded, “run MY plays” offense.

And it failing miserably, @home, which is about par for his course on “how to **** shit up”..

It packer week at home .. this game should have locked up the division, at the very least, but losing to Detroit… well…

It is what it is..

And by the way, the only good that can come from signing Russel Wilson, is the orgasm I will have Knowing the team is NOT gonna throw more cap money at Mr. mediocrity….

And I would Salute KAM for having the Moxie to ditch Cousins…

< Message edited by Daniel Lee Young -- 12/28/2023 6:12:04 PM >

I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 6410
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/28/2023 6:24:51 PM   
David Levine

Solid write-up on Hall. From Draft Projections through Cousins getting hurt:

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/jaren-hall-qb-byu-nfl-draft-scouting-report-2023/
Post #: 6411
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/28/2023 8:40:49 PM   
Daniel Lee Young

Joe Flaco is a far better QB than KFC will EVER be..

I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 6412
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/29/2023 2:49:22 AM   
JT2

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

Solid write-up on Hall. From Draft Projections through Cousins getting hurt:

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/jaren-hall-qb-byu-nfl-draft-scouting-report-2023/

I don't even care if he sucks and struggles, in fact, that should be the expectation. It's not like we have a history of developing QB's. Put him in the fire. We're so scared of our own QB's.. Let's see if he can shine. Maybe he shows something. Maybe he can become a competent back up QB. Dobbs and Mullens are never going to be that.

HC can't risk exposing his inability to coach up a young QB. HC needs to win games now. His job security is more important to him than the future of the team. I guess I get it, but it sucks.
Post #: 6413
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/29/2023 3:10:27 AM   
kgdabom

t's Official. JJ is asking for the return of Kirk. He found out what life is like without him. Here's the article I found on RealGM.

Justin Jefferson Stumps For Kirk Cousins' Return To Vikings
DEC 28, 2023 9:54 AM

Justin Jefferson wants to see Kirk Cousins return as the quarterback for the Minnesota Vikings in 2024.

Since Cousins went down with a torn Achilles in Week 8, the Vikings have cycled through rookie Jaren Hall, Josh Dobbs and Nick Mullins.

"It's definitely tough without him being there," Jefferson said of Cousins. "His leadership. His knowledge of the game. His awareness. There's definitely something missing not having that main piece out there on the table."

With two weeks to go, the Vikings still have a chance to sneak into the playoffs.

Cousins will be a free agent this offseason.

KEVIN PATRA/NFL

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 6414
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/29/2023 4:38:18 AM  3 votes
ratoppenheimer

quote:

ORIGINAL: kgdabom

t's Official. JJ is asking for the return of Kirk. He found out what life is like without him. Here's the article I found on RealGM.

Justin Jefferson wants to see Kirk Cousins return as the quarterback for the Minnesota Vikings in 2024.

Since Cousins went down with a torn Achilles in Week 8, the Vikings have cycled through rookie Jaren Hall, Josh Dobbs and Nick Mullins.

"It's definitely tough without him being there," Jefferson said of Cousins. "His leadership. His knowledge of the game. His awareness. There's definitely something missing not having that main piece out there on the table."

With two weeks to go, the Vikings still have a chance to sneak into the playoffs.

KEVIN PATRA/NFL

It’s not up to JJ…he’s become a ‘stat man’ himself, not a winner…we need the front office to step up and make decisions based on a 2025+ title run over several seasons….

Before saying no outright, I want to see what a possible Wilson cap situation would look like over a two year commitment, while we still draft a hopeful future starter….

the journey...is paradise.
Post #: 6415
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/29/2023 7:26:34 AM   
marty

JJ has yet to find out what it's like to be with a QB that wins the Super Bowl.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 6416
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/29/2023 7:48:18 AM   
Todd M

I’d rather stick with the god boy we know.

At least our god boy has the locker room. And can see the middle of the field.

I can’t believe this has garnered interest from any fans. Yuck.
Post #: 6417
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/29/2023 8:39:04 AM   
David F.

“It’s official”. I love it!

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 6418
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/29/2023 8:52:51 AM   
Todd M

Bright lights. Nation watching. Hated rival. Playoff hopes hanging by a thread.

Can we get some sort of happy ending to this season?

I think 3 consecutive wins and a chip and a chair in the divisional round would suffice.
Post #: 6419
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/29/2023 9:25:26 AM   
David Levine

Looks like JJ wants Hall.

(Or he's being the good teammate and praising every Viking he's asked about):

“I feel like he has been doing a great job in learning and just the process of being a rookie and carrying that role,” Jefferson said. “I feel like Jaren is definitely a great quarterback. He has definitely some potential to spark this offense up if we put him out there to play, but we’ll have confidence in whoever.”
Post #: 6420
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/29/2023 9:26:59 AM   
Bill Johanesen

If we can get by the other five teams that are 7-8, we'd be picking at #10. That should increase the odds of getting a QB the team likes but there could still be an early run on them. They better have researched everything and researched their research/methodology. If they have several QBs lumped together, the entire front office should be fired.

Semi-worst case we back into the playoffs with an embarrassing near .500 record, take the obligatory one-and-done smackdown like a pack of crash test dummies, then pick in the wild card losing #19-24 range.
Post #: 6421
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/29/2023 9:28:50 AM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

Looks like JJ wants Hall.

(Or he's being the good teammate and praising every Viking he's asked about):

“I feel like he has been doing a great job in learning and just the process of being a rookie and carrying that role,” Jefferson said. “I feel like Jaren is definitely a great quarterback. He has definitely some potential to spark this offense up if we put him out there to play, but we’ll have confidence in whoever.”

IT'S OFFICIAL! JJ was quoted as saying Jaren is definitely a great quarterback.
Post #: 6422
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/29/2023 9:31:46 AM   
Bill Johanesen

When asked about the Vikings possibly signing Josh Freeman, Justin Jefferson said "I mean, he's a proven great QB. He can make all the throws. Like those throws into the stands. Nobody has done that."
Post #: 6423
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/29/2023 10:06:46 AM   
David Levine

Vikings have drafted Four QBs in the first round in their entire 62 year history:

• Tommy Kramer, 1977
• Daunte Culpepper, 1999
• Christian Ponder, 2011
• Teddy Bridgewater, 2014
Post #: 6424
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/29/2023 10:14:50 AM   
Daniel Lee Young

quote:

ORIGINAL: ratoppenheimer

quote:

ORIGINAL: kgdabom

KEVIN PATRA/NFL

It’s not up to JJ…he’s become a ‘stat man’ himself, not a winner…we need the front office to step up and make decisions based on a 2025+ title run over several seasons….

Before saying no outright, I want to see what a possible Wilson cap situation would look like over a two year commitment, while we still draft a hopeful future starter….

Kirk Cousins can go pound Sand..

Guess it’s time to start laughing at every jersey #18 in purple or white I see..

Great receiver, but a stat boy..

How many TD passes did KFC throw him this season?

How many point towords wins did He score with KFC?

Are his future HOF #’s dependent on keeeping Mr Mediocrity under center, now that KFC’s going to become a chuck and duck with a gimpy plant foot?

So I guess JJ will forego a big payday to cater to Mr.Mediocrity and his iron clad, cap sucking folly guaranteed 3 years at 40 mill to be “almost” a playoff worthy QB.

Stephon Diggs was the smart one.

Meanwhile we will trot out an offensive line that can’t block, or pick up 3rd or 4th and short or goal to save a game or put a dagger into a lead.

Let’s get those receptions into field goal range..

Vikings way..

If this team actively attempts to resign KFC…. My disgust will rival Les Steckle and butt Favrey levels.

Why can’t this team ever be elite?

Chasing mediocre, and sighing damaged players.., idiotic play calling, “pure pocket passers”, human enema RB’s given second and third contracts based on stats, not wins..

An entire generation of new fans has never seen this team get Even close to an NFCCG, and “ being in the hunt, and “ a chip and a chair” is all they ever want.

I hope hall pulls a rabbit out of his hat like Dobbs did for Two games, but this Coach and his offensive “ throw a shit play out there and see if it hits the middle of the toilet “ has a long way to go to show he knows the first thing about dealing with adversity..

I remember when we blew the doors off lesser teams, not won a dozen plus one score game, or lost a dozen one score games, because the offense couldn’t go for the jugular after getting a TO, and the defense played like pillagers with a lead, not “ do the safety dance” marshmallows on a stick.facing a team that knows they can dink and dunk 75 yards in 72 seconds for the win.

I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 6425
Page:   <<   < prev  255 256 [257] 258 259   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  255 256 [257] 258 259   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode