Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  290 291 [292] 293 294   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/21/2024 1:36:52 PM   
jbusse

What's best for the Vikings in the long run and what's best for Kwesi/KOC may be two different things. That's the disadvantage of having insecure decision makers. Some of Spielman's worst decisions came during his final year or two (extending beyond their prime veterans, not drafting a QB, etc.) when he focused on trying to win in the short run.
Post #: 7276
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/21/2024 3:46:01 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

ORIGINAL: fmaltes

Here is a good review of the Vikings cap situation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wINoPKFSrD8&t=1119s

Most of it involved signing Cousins to a one-year dummy deal he assumed was legal so as to spread Cousins $28.5 M dead cap into 2025, then extending JJ and Hunter. Typical kicking the can down the road, and the 2025 cap decreased from $139 M to $96 M. With only 29 players signed through 2025, he didn't discuss that $43 M reduction. Guess that was beyond the scope of the goal of showing the cap situation can be fine in 2024.
Post #: 7277
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/21/2024 4:03:42 PM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tom Sykes

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

quote:

ORIGINAL: JT2

Here's a fact, 25 year old Jordan Love, in his first year as a starting QB in the NFL has matched Cousins in playoff wins.

He's also younger than Jaren Hall...

Its sickening to see the Packers patiently groom a young guy into something while we are stuck in a senior living liver & onion time loop.

I’m praying that the Cowboys game was mostly Cowboys collapse and not a glimpse of future ability. Love’s ridiculous INT yesterday gives me a small glimmer of hope.

My flimsy big picture fantasy is that, this season ending run by the Packers will over inflate their expectations for next year - the same way our 13-4 run did for us …

The only bright spot is Love and his agent will be looking for 35-40M per year before next year starts.
Post #: 7278
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/21/2024 4:05:58 PM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Johanesen

quote:

Most of it involved signing Cousins to a one-year dummy deal he assumed was legal so as to spread Cousins $28.5 M dead cap into 2025, then extending JJ and Hunter. Typical kicking the can down the road, and the 2025 cap decreased from $139 M to $96 M. With only 29 players signed through 2025, he didn't discuss that $43 M reduction. Guess that was beyond the scope of the goal of showing the cap situation can be fine in 2024.

We basically have to bite the bullet next year(no spending) and find a QBOTF. Doable.

We can be in good cap shape by 2025.
Post #: 7279
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/21/2024 4:17:10 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

ORIGINAL: jbusse

What's best for the Vikings in the long run and what's best for Kwesi/KOC may be two different things. That's the disadvantage of having insecure decision makers. Some of Spielman's worst decisions came during his final year or two (extending beyond their prime veterans, not drafting a QB, etc.) when he focused on trying to win in the short run.

As Kwesi enters the second half of his contract, I think he will emulate the final Spielman years. Is it wise to extend someone like Hunter who could essentially play out his final couple of years with a mediocre defense? Why not figure out a post-rebuild target year and build towards that, for example 2026. How about instead of Kwesi rolling over dead cap, he starts to roll over UNUSED cap? Set a goal to roll over $15-20 M for 2025 or 2026. Stop with the expensive two year free agent deals that burn cap on run of the mill players. Work in 4 year deals so that they have experience playing together.

Or be the portfolio manager who is on his back foot as a GM and shoot for short term gains.

Although no amount of cap will save a team from lousy drafts, it won't be long before we are overflowing with cap since far less of it will be needed to 'take care of your own'. Right now the only draftee from 2022 and 2023 who we should probably pay is none other than Let's Get Paid.
Post #: 7280
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/21/2024 4:23:42 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mark Anderson

quote:

quote:

We basically have to bite the bullet next year(no spending) and find a QBOTF. Doable.

We can be in good cap shape by 2025.

Exactly. As a minimum, stop blowing cap and start stashing it. Stop with the BS Davenport type contracts that we will be paying half of even though he is not on the roster. Stop with the Cousins money pit. Lowry signing, bust. Mattison extension, bust.

Can Kwesi do anything right besides spend using credit? Make the Human Credit Card sit out free agency this year.

< Message edited by Bill Johanesen -- 1/21/2024 4:35:42 PM >
Post #: 7281
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/21/2024 4:49:06 PM   
Daniel Lee Young

Yea, Jared Goff is a horrible QB…

Still better than Cousins..

NFCCG Kirk?

No?

Sit the **** down..

"Thou shall not bear false witness”
I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 7282
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/21/2024 4:55:51 PM   
Daniel Lee Young

Boy, Baker Mayfield sure sucks too…

Still better than KFC…

Too bad he wasn’t available…

I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 7283
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/21/2024 4:59:30 PM   
Todd M

Dan: This steak/movie/book/road is terrible…still better than KFC…
Post #: 7284
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/21/2024 5:00:50 PM   
Todd M

Lions getting away with a penalty on their 4th down score and Bucs 2pt conversion.
Post #: 7285
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/21/2024 5:01:39 PM   
Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Daniel Lee Young

Still better than KFC…

7 of the final 8 qbs left are first round picks. It's long past time to invest in the position through the draft. I'm sure we will go the band aid approach though.
Post #: 7286
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/21/2024 5:04:41 PM   
Daniel Lee Young

quote:

ORIGINAL: Todd M

Dan: This steak/movie/book/road is terrible…still better than KFC…

Truth is what it is..

KFC is an albatross..

GFR..

I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 7287
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/21/2024 5:09:21 PM   
Todd M

Plenty of time to score but they’ll have to make the 2 pointer to extend the game. Tough to put your team in that position. Should feel lucky to see OT when down 2 TD’s late.
Post #: 7288
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/21/2024 5:12:00 PM   
Todd M

Detroit off to the NFCCG. Happy for their fans.

Interesting they can make it that far when they’ve been 0fer the last 30 years…but no way could Cousins possibly improve his playoff record.
Post #: 7289
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/21/2024 5:16:45 PM   
Bill Johanesen

"I'm not going to turn down an opportunity to play with a future Hall of Fame coach(Belichick)", said Cousins.

Cousins will bail on Minnesota if given half the chance. Cult fans in denial.
Post #: 7290
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/21/2024 5:41:47 PM   
Daniel Lee Young

quote:

Interesting they can make it that far when they’ve been 0fer the last 30 years…but no way could Cousins possibly improve his playoff record.

Just so you know..

Detroit and Buffalo in the SB is my hope..

A never won.. getting its first…

I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 7291
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/21/2024 5:48:23 PM   
Daniel Lee Young

Yea Josh Allen is a pussy QB too.. backwards pass on 3 rd and 17..

Still…..

I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 7292
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/21/2024 6:05:39 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

quote:

Just so you know..

We have a new candidate for tooth fairy line of the year, posted mere minutes after the Lions won: Interesting they can make it that far when they’ve been 0fer the last 30 years…but no way could Cousins possibly improve his playoff record.

Sad how high the hope is in the face of how low the bar, and reality, are.

Yes Detroit did "make it that far" with two playoff wins after 30 years, the key being they DID it. After 12 years, Cousins is "0fer" making it that far which projects to never making it. And it's not that far to begin with.
Post #: 7293
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/21/2024 6:08:17 PM   
Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

quote:

quote:

Just so you know..

We have a new candidate for tooth fairy line of the year, posted mere minutes after the Lions won: Interesting they can make it that far when they’ve been 0fer the last 30 years…but no way could Cousins possibly improve his playoff record.

Yes Detroit did "make it that far" with two playoff wins after 30 years, the key being they DID it. After 12 years, Cousins is "0fer" making it that far which projects to never making it. And it's not that far to begin with.

He threw short of the sticks last year at home against one of the worst playoff teams I can recall. I guess maybe year 15 Cousins will finally "get it"
Post #: 7294
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/21/2024 6:16:23 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

ORIGINAL: Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

quote:

quote:

Just so you know..

He threw short of the sticks last year at home against one of the worst playoff teams I can recall. I guess maybe year 15 Cousins will finally "get it"

Eh, another projection that says never lol. Or the goal is year 30. Hold up signs during games "The Lions won two playoff games after 30 years, it's your year Kirk!"
Post #: 7295
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/21/2024 6:19:49 PM   
Daniel Lee Young

quote:

ORIGINAL: Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

Still better than KFC…

7 of the final 8 qbs left are first round picks. It's long past time to invest in the position through the draft. I'm sure we will go the band aid approach though.

This franchise is always looking at Cover my ass.. be “ competitive.. “..

Just because you failed on ponder and bridge water, does mean that you stop trying and go for some other GM cast off, like Favrey, Dobbs, Keenum, Cousins.., mullet and Minion…

What a pathetic list..

I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 7296
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/21/2024 6:24:35 PM   
Daniel Lee Young

The KFC fans are all about next..play, game, week, year, contract... Ad nauseam..

I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 7297
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/21/2024 6:33:54 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tom Sykes

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ricky J

Everyone has opinions, for sure. Some just like to state'em as facts more than others.

How we might have done will never be known. But no one on this site will ever convince me we didn't have as good a shot as anyone else in the NFC, if only if ....

There’s a difference between stating something as certain opinion versus certain fact.

This is an opinion site, yes?

Some people can't differentiate between fact and opinion, it will always be like that in all walks of life. Early in the year I emphatically said the Vikings are drafting a QB with their first pick. Some gomer, I forget who, was like ~ Oh how do you know?

It's not even something that needs to be taught, i.e. with basic reasoning it is all but instinctive.
Post #: 7298
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/21/2024 6:42:02 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

The KFC fans are all about next..play, game, week, year, contract... Ad nauseam..

In their defense they don't have past success to bring forth or fall back on.

We do know he left Minnesota (projected fact!) having gone 4-4 in his fabulously dreamy last year here.
Post #: 7299
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/21/2024 6:47:13 PM   
Todd M

I hate people who live to make others seem small so they can feel good about themselves.
Post #: 7300
Page:   <<   < prev  290 291 [292] 293 294   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  290 291 [292] 293 294   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode