Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  292 293 [294] 295 296   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/22/2024 9:09:51 AM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tom Sykes

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ricky J

quote:

ORIGINAL: Todd M

I hate people who live to make others seem small so they can feel good about themselves.

Very sad. Everyday same thing.

Makes you wonder, what is it about himself he can't stand ...

I can answer that.

Some need to feel objective and curious ‘to feel good about themselves’ ... those odd ducks can’t stand to be stuck on one opinion regardless of the historical or ocular proof.

It’s freakin ridiculous.

Obviously it's just fine to make a snarky post belittling people's opinions about Cousins' futility by using a once in 30-year example involving, ahem, the Lions. Admittedly my lead in to the retort was crass, but the post concluded with a couple of facts. The reply/replies? Pure negative character 'insight'.

Results of his two posts: 0-2 (0fer) in football material, 2-0 in attacks. So innocent... so good hearted. To such a degree he's off block.
Post #: 7326
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/22/2024 9:17:28 AM   
Bill Johanesen

Are there any 'advanced stats' to highlight what Cousins has accomplished? Something like dollars to playoff wins? Which would be One Quarter Billion to one. Well, 231,469,288:1
Post #: 7327
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/22/2024 9:18:13 AM   
Daniel Lee Young

Lots of testy tosterone.. wafting about..

At least I’ve been consistently depressed since 2022 ended in a whimper..

Worthless cap sucking Neverwill statue FOF will do that for me..

Any bets on when the buffalo kicker gets released?

"Thou shall not bear false witness”
I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 7328
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/22/2024 9:42:01 AM   
David F.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Johanesen

quote:

quote:

quote:

I hate people who live to make others seem small so they can feel good about themselves.

I can answer that.

Some need to feel objective and curious ‘to feel good about themselves’ ... those odd ducks can’t stand to be stuck on one opinion regardless of the historical or ocular proof.

It’s freakin ridiculous.

Obviously it's just fine to make a snarky post belittling people's opinions about Cousins' futility by using a once in 30-year example involving, ahem, the Lions. Admittedly my lead in to the retort was crass, but the post concluded with a couple of facts. The reply/replies? Pure negative character 'insight'.

Results of his two posts: 0-2 (0fer) in football material, 2-0 in attacks. So innocent... so good hearted. To such a degree he's off block.

Posts attacking posters is a long repeated pattern and, as I've said before, stem from a legendary need to control.

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 7329
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/22/2024 9:42:29 AM   
Bill Johanesen

Fun facts:

Fact: 1-3 (.250) in playoffs over 12 years
Fact: .523 record
Fact: 14-43 (.246) record against winning teams
Post #: 7330
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/22/2024 9:51:58 AM   
Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

ORIGINAL: David F.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I can answer that.

It’s freakin ridiculous.

Posts attacking posters is a long repeated pattern and, as I've said before, stem from a legendary need to control.

I don't understand it. These guys get paid millions. All of us have opinions on them one way or another. There's no need to assassinate someone's character over differences of opinion. You'd think some of the players are family members the way they can be defended on all sides of the issues.
Post #: 7331
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/22/2024 11:42:08 AM   
Phil Riewer

I came away (from the playoffs) thinking the same about Goff, Allen, and Mahomes. The guy that impressed me more than before was Baker.

< Message edited by Phil Riewer -- 1/22/2024 1:35:42 PM >

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 7332
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/22/2024 12:08:12 PM   
marty

Mahomes is a better QB than Jackson, and the league seems to prefer the better QB winning, or the game to be decided by the passing game.

But the Ravens probably have the better team. Will they beat KC ?

Purdy is probably a better QB than Goff, but Goff might be on a mission. Who wins, Detroit or SF ?

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 7333
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/22/2024 1:51:51 PM   
Jeff Jesser

My last thought, for now, is JJM. Every time I saw him I came away unimpressed. Not saying he can't be the guy I didn't see anything special. I've heard that was Harbaugh not letting him but I do wonder if that's just not the case. His combine will be a huge factor for him, IMO.
Post #: 7334
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/22/2024 1:55:18 PM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jeff Jesser

My last thought, for now, is JJM. Every time I saw him I came away unimpressed. Not saying he can't be the guy I didn't see anything special. I've heard that was Harbaugh not letting him but I do wonder if that's just not the case. His combine will be a huge factor for him, IMO.

You must have wanted that in the draft thread I bet.

Post #: 7335
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/22/2024 1:58:02 PM   
Jeff Jesser

Oops. Yeap, thanks!
Post #: 7336
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/22/2024 2:09:20 PM   
Jeff Jesser

Off topic. T-minus "how long" until Diggs starts pissing and moaning or demands a trade?
Post #: 7337
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/22/2024 2:32:41 PM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

Off topic. T-minus "how long" until Diggs starts pissing and moaning or demands a trade?

Him and his brother will probably start whining during SB week.
Post #: 7338
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/22/2024 2:51:21 PM   
Todd M

quote:

If he posts anything on not being able to get to or win the big game I know a good response. Like - maybe catch that long bomb even Troy Williamson could have caught.
Post #: 7339
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/22/2024 2:56:58 PM   
Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

I was thinking that last night as he got shut down like usual in the big game. He doesn't scream championship material to me.
Post #: 7340
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/22/2024 3:15:57 PM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Richard Neussendorfer
quote:

I was thinking that last night as he got shut down like usual in the big game. He doesn't scream championship material to me.

He can be really good but there is one thing that Mike Evans has that Diggs doesn't and it really counts when everyone is worn down late season; size.

Post #: 7341
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/22/2024 6:02:50 PM   
Ricky J

quote:

quote:

quote:

I can answer that.

It’s freakin ridiculous.

It has nothing doing with one opinion, Tom!! Or "historic occular proof!" Jeez louise, do you really think his bs bothers me? He brings up God more than Cousins does! How many times has he said, "One playoff win ... blah blah." Todd was right!

If you weren't the sites biggest sycophant following Bill around sticking up for him ever time there's a dust up you might be able to see it.
Post #: 7342
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/22/2024 6:38:41 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I can answer that.

It’s freakin ridiculous.

It has nothing doing with one opinion, Tom!! Or "historic occular proof!" Jeez louise, do you really think his bs bothers me? He brings up God more than Cousins does! How many times has he said, "One playoff win ... blah blah." Todd was right!

If you weren't the sites biggest sycophant following Bill around sticking up for him ever time there's a dust up you might be able to see it.

IOW it bothers you.

Oh, speaking of following a poster around (sycophant envy?) you've resurfaced several long lost posts and thoughts of mine. Creepingly flattering.

< Message edited by Bill Johanesen -- 1/22/2024 7:10:05 PM >
Post #: 7343
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/22/2024 6:41:26 PM   
Bill Johanesen

And all this time I thought I was a sycophant to Tom
Post #: 7344
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/22/2024 7:07:25 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I can answer that.

It’s freakin ridiculous.

I don't understand it. These guys get paid millions. All of us have opinions on them one way or another. There's no need to assassinate someone's character over differences of opinion. You'd think some of the players are family members the way they can be defended on all sides of the issues.

Look you guys, we're in Sycophant free agency until Cousins is fully ignored and signs elsewhere to continue his journeyman career. Let the contracts play out and maybe we can make a deal. But fair warning, Tom has a lot of sycophant cap money.
Post #: 7345
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/22/2024 8:28:28 PM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I can answer that.

It’s freakin ridiculous.

You sound like an abused codependent jealous partner. Why do you care whose posts I respond to?

Then, let's talk about saying you don't care about Bill's bs ... while going on a shrieking rant the next sentence about how much he bothers you!

LOL.

As far as defending Bill ... I was not ... I was criticizing you and your condescending tone. I didn't use words like jackass or hypocrite this time so I get why it went over your head.

You are neither superior to or on higher ground than any other poster here.

Move on.
Post #: 7346
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/22/2024 8:29:22 PM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

And all this time I thought I was a sycophant to Tom

I have the perfect comeback but I don't want to make any one jealous.
Post #: 7347
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/22/2024 11:17:15 PM   
Daniel Lee Young

Like maybe he meant Psycho- fan?

"Thou shall not bear false witness”
I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 7348
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/23/2024 11:49:58 AM   
Tom Sykes

Wouldn't mind a new RBs coach / run game coordinator.

Modkins might be a great coach (ie our problem was personnel) but wouldn't mind O'Connell looking in the mirror and trying to shake things up a bit on offense.

Like to see Flores fine tune his staff a bit also.

Its either that or just wait until March 12-13 for QB news.
Post #: 7349
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/23/2024 11:59:19 AM   
Ricky J

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I can answer that.

It’s freakin ridiculous.

Posters attacking posters who attack other posters is what I'm guilty of, no doubt! Always have been. Are you saying you don't make fun of and "belittle" other people, Bill? Who did you just call a Gomer a day ago or so?

By attacking someone who belittles how a person memorizes material is another thing I'm guilty of even if it is Counsins and it was just you finding another place to take a shot, DF. Youre attacking anyone else that finds alternative ways of learning. Are you an expert in how memorization correlates to physical activity? Who gives a flying F how someone memorizes material? Anyway that gets it done works.

And how did this become, Bill is only attacking the prof football players? He's been attacking people and their opinions belittling people forever - isn't that assassinating someone's character, Richard? Want to come at me and think this about Counsins go ahead. It's not. That's misguided and I really don't care what you think of me.

Bill likes to bring up God because he thinks it hits me deep. It's not that God hits me in anyway it's that anyone else who wants to believe in God should have a right to without having to read Bill ridiculing the idea of it. If he ridiculed the right to be a homosexual or a trans itd be a deal around here but going after people who believe in God is open season. Why would a person do that, even if they believed more than anything else there was no God, unless they are trying to hurt or belittle someone? Like I said previously, Bill brings up God more than Cousins does. You have no idea what I believe but by now you should know what I think about criticizing someone else for what they believe.

When I said I wouldn't put a song posted on the Viking thread on my play list for riding my bicycle because it doesn't appeal to me I'm accused of being a phob'. Why? Because it was created by a trans - and it wasn't just one person taking a shot. I'd bet Im more closely related to a person who legally changed their gender identity than any of you and I not once have had a negative thought about it. I do have negative thoughts about people who go hunting for people to call a phob', though

- personally, I'm sorry for my remarks that started all of this and apologize ... I don't feel good about it in anyway. It makes me out to be a hypocrite as I accuse others of being one. I don't dislike Bill, Tom or anyone else in here even a little bit. But I do have my outspoken moments for sure

< Message edited by Ricky J -- 1/23/2024 9:00:43 PM >
Post #: 7350
Page:   <<   < prev  292 293 [294] 295 296   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  292 293 [294] 295 296   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode