Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  308 309 [310] 311 312   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/31/2024 1:13:41 PM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Johanesen

quote:

ORIGINAL: David F.

Our defense kept us from starting 2-6. We damn near lost to the bears and league-worst panthers.

Those two one-score 'wins' prevented Minnesota from starting 0-6... could have really been in the running for Caleb Williams. Woulda, coulda, but those were the days.

It was quite the roller coaster of a year.

Poor start for team and Cousins

2 game stretch of Cousins playing great against good competition. Defense improved. (maybe get on a run)

Achilles

Passtronaut on fire

KOC turtling up(DEN and CHI) and momentum lost, Passtronaut reverting back to mean

Finally, defense breaking down and the gambler(Mullens) gives more than he takes. Hall is a project.

Pick #11
Post #: 7726
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/31/2024 1:19:46 PM   
Ricky J

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mark Anderson

quote:

quote:

Our defense kept us from starting 2-6. We damn near lost to the bears and league-worst panthers.

Those two one-score 'wins' prevented Minnesota from starting 0-6... could have really been in the running for Caleb Williams. Woulda, coulda, but those were the days.

2 game stretch of Cousins playing great against good competition. Defense improved. (maybe get on a run)

Achilles

Passtronaut on fire

KOC turtling up(DEN and CHI) and momentum lost, Passtronaut reverting back to mean

Finally, defense breaking down and the gambler(Mullens) gives more than he takes. Hall is a project.

Pick #11

Nice objective summary
Post #: 7727
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/31/2024 1:21:10 PM   
Ricky J

quote:

ORIGINAL: marty

We would have hoped for a playoff run if Kirk had stayed healthy, we can hope, but really can't assume.

Correct, the only thing safe to assume is a loss
Post #: 7728
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/31/2024 1:40:26 PM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mark Anderson

quote:

quote:

Achilles

Passtronaut on fire

Pick #11

Yes, I agree as well.
Post #: 7729
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/31/2024 1:58:35 PM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ricky J

quote:

We would have hoped for a playoff run if Kirk had stayed healthy, we can hope, but really can't assume.

yes I'm going to chase you around the board.

I'm a bigger sycophant than you ever could have imagined.

IMO Your negative anti-pessimistic campaign seems to assume that some posters are negative just for the sake of being negative.

No. That would be a troll ... which is different.

The only thing safe to assume depends on the situation when you get there. Which is fluid. Might indicate winning, might indicate losing.

Call it as you see it. Nothing wrong with that.
Post #: 7730
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/31/2024 2:54:16 PM   
Daniel Lee Young

quote:

69.5% of his throws and had 18 touchdown passes to five interceptions

Hard to imagine that couldn't of gotten you at least into the championship game, in this year's NFC, even for an ass‐kisser ...

Maybe if we played the exact same teams, under the exact same game and roster situations, and maybe I’d we shit in one hand and jerked off you know who with the other..

Butwhatabout…

Good grief..

"Thou shall not bear false witness”
I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 7731
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/31/2024 3:38:02 PM   
Ricky J

quote:

ORIGINAL: Daniel Lee Young

quote:

Hard to imagine that couldn't of gotten you at least into the championship game, in this year's NFC, even for an ass‐kisser ...

Maybe if we played the exact same teams, under the exact same game and roster situations, and maybe I’d we shit in one hand and jerked off you know who with the other..

Butwhatabout…

Good grief..

Hard to imagine beating SF, I know

whatever
Post #: 7732
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/31/2024 3:39:12 PM   
Ricky J

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tom Sykes

quote:

quote:

IMO Your negative anti-pessimistic campaign seems to assume that some posters are negative just for the sake of being negative.

The only thing safe to assume depends on the situation when you get there. Which is fluid. Might indicate winning, might indicate losing.

I hung up after the first sentence ... feel free to pm anytime you want -- I promise I won't run back to the board and tell
Post #: 7733
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/31/2024 4:07:21 PM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I hung up after the first sentence ... feel free to pm anytime you want -- I promise I won't run back to the board and tell

not necessary.

my opinion is there whether you read it or not.
Post #: 7734
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/31/2024 5:11:51 PM   
David F.

Post the way I want you to post damn it!!!!!

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 7735
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/31/2024 6:20:28 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Daniel Lee Young

quote:

Butwhatabout…

Good grief..

Hard to imagine beating SF, I know

whatever

When they were in their slump.
Post #: 7736
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/31/2024 6:21:11 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

You are big on PMs.
Post #: 7737
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/31/2024 6:55:21 PM   
marty

Beating SF at home in a regular season game where Deebo and Trent Williams were out, easily translates to the Vikings beating SF (at SF) in a playoff game where those 2 were playing. The Vikings would definitely be in the Super Bowl.

It's similar to where Jeron Hall looked good for a couple of drives in his first start, so we knew he would perform well when recovered from injury, and given another chance to start.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 7738
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/31/2024 6:56:05 PM   
Ricky J

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

You are big on PMs.

How many have you sent recently?
Post #: 7739
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/31/2024 7:15:34 PM   
Ricky J

quote:

Beating SF at home in a regular season game where Deebo and Trent Williams were out, easily translates to the Vikings beating SF (at SF) in a playoff game where those 2 were playing. The Vikings would definitely be in the Super Bowl.

It's similar to where Jeron Hall looked good for a couple of drives in his first start, so we knew he would perform well when recovered from injury, and given another chance to start.

Joining the like-minded crew, marty?

The point is the team we started with, the one coming out of the gate, was good enough to beat anyone in the NFC. Be careful marty with the Deebo and Williams excuse, one might consider it a hypothetical qualifier. The team we finished with wasn't close even close. That happens. Too bad for us -- you'd think, but some of you seem happy to enjoy the way it turned out; or is that just a realist thing?
Post #: 7740
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/31/2024 7:18:28 PM   
Ricky J

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

not necessary.

And so is mine.

Sorry about the sycophant comment, Tom.
Post #: 7741
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/31/2024 8:26:04 PM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

not necessary.

And so is mine.

Sorry about the sycophant comment, Tom.

I appreciate you trying to settle the tone down.

If anything though, I was envious … not upset. Nice one!

Two … There’s truth in it. I gravitate to warped senses of humor so obviously I’m going to respond to Bill’s posts LOL. Interesting balance of football saavy, philosophical skepticism, and verbal punji stake craftmanship.

I’ll try and regroup and hold my temper down … hard for an ol’ frustrado like me.
Post #: 7742
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/31/2024 11:57:24 PM   
Tom Sykes

The bottom line is, I'm just tired.

In less than a few months there will be some clarity but it just seems so far away.
Post #: 7743
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/1/2024 1:10:11 AM   
Nate

Always a pleasure reading the posts here, I can feel the passion from the Viking brethren.

A few thoughts:
I loved watching the lions choke. Many want new blood winning. If the lions win a bowl before we do I’m done. Same reason I didn’t want the aints to win, the bills to win, Cincinnati, the Texans , etc. it was hard enough to see the buccaneers win ffs. I’m a Viking from birth to death and screw all the superbowless teams hanging with us. I root for us to be the next off the winless list always, and none of the others. We’ve had a lot of teams that could’ve would’ve but never did. Let the other teams feel that despair too.

We need a. QB. We need OL and DL upgrades. We need secondary improvement Our coach needs balls and to shed his toxic positivity. Our GM needs to stop shorting stock and hedge fund managing and learn to build a freaking team. We need some ice cold in our participation trophy regime. Cut the high priced, low performers and draft some studs damnit!!!

The Lions have drafted well despite prideful emotion drives Campbell. The Pack has drafted well despite ego driven lafleur. The Vikings have drafted horrendously and also have a conservative empath not willing to make tough choices. The bears….well they may overtake us too if we continue on this path of incompetency.

I want to see a superbowl before I’m gone. We need a QB to get there. Mahommes and Brady have proven that. There are KC and NE teams that had no business even making the Super Bowl let alone win it, save for a great QB and coach. KFC is not it. I don’t want competitive failure. Reach for the stars and live with the risk. Get that QB or keep trying until we do. Otherwise we’re just a perennial competitive loser at best.

Cheers Viking brethren, may the odds be in our favor.
-Mockingjay.
Post #: 7744
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/1/2024 1:17:42 AM   
Nate

As a side note, I may have had a couple to many tonight. Apologies for bad grammar and bad punctuation. I’m just a frustrated Vikings fan watching an unimpressive chiefs and 9ers team play for a title we should already have had. Boooooooo.

Maybe the twolves are our savior… 🙈
Post #: 7745
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/1/2024 8:53:27 AM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

You are big on PMs.

How many have you sent recently?

None recently. But with Valentine's Day coming up there may be a flurry of them to potential sychphants. Sort of a recruiting pitch.
Post #: 7746
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/1/2024 8:55:51 AM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

quote:

The point is the team we started with, the one coming out of the gate, was good enough to beat anyone in the NFC. Be careful marty with the Deebo and Williams excuse, one might consider it a hypothetical qualifier. The team we finished with wasn't close even close. That happens. Too bad for us -- you'd think, but some of you seem happy to enjoy the way it turned out; or is that just a realist thing?

The one that started 1-4 "coming out of the gate"? Seriously?
Post #: 7747
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/1/2024 8:59:58 AM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nate

Always a pleasure reading the posts here, I can feel the passion from the Viking brethren.

A few thoughts:
I loved watching the lions choke. Many want new blood winning. If the lions win a bowl before we do I’m done. Same reason I didn’t want the aints to win, the bills to win, Cincinnati, the Texans , etc. it was hard enough to see the buccaneers win ffs. I’m a Viking from birth to death and screw all the superbowless teams hanging with us. I root for us to be the next off the winless list always, and none of the others. We’ve had a lot of teams that could’ve would’ve but never did. Let the other teams feel that despair too.

We need a. QB. We need OL and DL upgrades. We need secondary improvement Our coach needs balls and to shed his toxic positivity. Our GM needs to stop shorting stock and hedge fund managing and learn to build a freaking team. We need some ice cold in our participation trophy regime. Cut the high priced, low performers and draft some studs damnit!!!

The Lions have drafted well despite prideful emotion drives Campbell. The Pack has drafted well despite ego driven lafleur. The Vikings have drafted horrendously and also have a conservative empath not willing to make tough choices. The bears….well they may overtake us too if we continue on this path of incompetency.

I want to see a superbowl before I’m gone. We need a QB to get there. Mahommes and Brady have proven that. There are KC and NE teams that had no business even making the Super Bowl let alone win it, save for a great QB and coach. KFC is not it. I don’t want competitive failure. Reach for the stars and live with the risk. Get that QB or keep trying until we do. Otherwise we’re just a perennial competitive loser at best.

Cheers Viking brethren, may the odds be in our favor.
-Mockingjay.

Great post!
Post #: 7748
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/1/2024 9:08:31 AM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

The bottom line is, I'm just tired.

In less than a few months there will be some clarity but it just seems so far away.

We'll know the status of the Human Myth in March, so it's getting close.
Set a low bar for free agency (sign a guard and call it a day).
Hold your breath during the draft as Collaborative Word Salad busts out his new sockless penny loafers.
Post #: 7749
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/1/2024 9:14:49 AM   
Daniel Lee Young

quote:

quote:

quote:

The one that started 1-4 "coming out of the gate"? Seriously?

selective memory.

All they remember is winning three games after a shit start, and beating an injured San Fran team, at home., way too early in The season, and overlooking the negative rate of a couple dozen in turnover margin…

“ that team was the best EVER! , because…KFC!!!”

Not playing our starters, AT ALL, In just 3 preseason games has proven, for almost 4 years straight.. it has been a stupid idea to prepare for the regular season..

Totally dysfunctional management, top to bottom.

"Thou shall not bear false witness”
I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 7750
Page:   <<   < prev  308 309 [310] 311 312   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  308 309 [310] 311 312   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode