Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  330 331 [332] 333 334   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/4/2024 4:03:16 PM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

ORIGINAL: kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tom Sykes

quote:

quote:

but it gives me a big ol' chafing that our due diligence - at least up until this point - is probably researching prospects you can develop behind Cousins versus a critical and imminent decision for your franchise moving forward now. Its the difference between selling out to make something happen versus sitting at #11 and making the smartest choice of the options in front of you.

I believe our due diligence so far includes includes meeting with most if not all of the projected top 6 QBs in the draft. I also know of meetings with most of the top defensive prospects. Do you want us to sell out to make something happen? I'm pretty sure we've explored that.

Absolutely.

We'd be fools not to.

Let me rephrase that ... we ARE fools, we'd be bigger fools if we just sit and go along with what happens.

Then we have to trade up to 1 with the Bears. It's the only way to assure getting the best possible pick. I'm thinking the cost is this years 11 and our next 3 first round picks. Maybe Jefferson and 11 will get it done is another way to sell out. The Bears keep Fields and possibly take a QB at 9 as well.

I don't know what the options are. But the Bears would be absolute idiots to trade with us no matter what we offered.

'Sell out ...' is very subjective ... there simply might not be a trade into the top three ...

If we don't at least offer a blockbuster deal, we are settling for a distant second tier player.

Outside of the top picks and before round 4, are 2nd tier McCarthy Nix Penix any better than what's available any year?

2023 Levis Hooker
2022 Pickett Willis Ridder Corrall
2021 Fields Jones Trask Mond Mills

Maybe a little, not sure. It's not a very glamourous list but I really believe the situation has as much to do with it as talent. If you shuffled those picks around, it wouldn't surprise me to see Fields or Levis or Pickett show more in a different situation.

If that's all we can get our hands on ... ok then ... but at least tell me you went above and beyond, you scratched and clawed ...

If we are going to draft a QB somewhere between the #10 pick and the end of the third round ... I would be picking one of those guys every year until one starts killing off the others and takes over like the penned up velociraptor in Jurassic Park.

Not sure why we are waiting for year three to start sorting through this.

< Message edited by Tom Sykes -- 3/4/2024 4:05:09 PM >
Post #: 8276
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/4/2024 4:19:19 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

but it gives me a big ol' chafing that our due diligence - at least up until this point - is probably researching prospects you can develop behind Cousins versus a critical and imminent decision for your franchise moving forward now. Its the difference between selling out to make something happen versus sitting at #11 and making the smartest choice of the options in front of you.

I believe our due diligence so far includes includes meeting with most if not all of the projected top 6 QBs in the draft. I also know of meetings with most of the top defensive prospects. Do you want us to sell out to make something happen? I'm pretty sure we've explored that.

Absolutely.

We'd be fools not to.

Let me rephrase that ... we ARE fools, we'd be bigger fools if we just sit and go along with what happens.

Then we have to trade up to 1 with the Bears. It's the only way to assure getting the best possible pick. I'm thinking the cost is this years 11 and our next 3 first round picks. Maybe Jefferson and 11 will get it done is another way to sell out. The Bears keep Fields and possibly take a QB at 9 as well.

I don't know what the options are. But the Bears would be absolute idiots to trade with us no matter what we offered.

'Sell out ...' is very subjective ... there simply might not be a trade into the top three ...

If we don't at least offer a blockbuster deal, we are settling for a distant second tier player.

Outside of the top picks and before round 4, are 2nd tier McCarthy Nix Penix any better than what's available any year?

2023 Levis Hooker

Maybe a little, not sure. It's not a very glamourous list but I really believe the situation has as much to do with it as talent. If you shuffled those picks around, it wouldn't surprise me to see Fields or Levis or Pickett show more in a different situation.

If that's all we can get our hands on ... ok then ... but at least tell me you went above and beyond, you scratched and clawed ...

If we are going to draft a QB somewhere between the #10 pick and the end of the third round ... I would be picking one of those guys every year until one starts killing off the others and takes over like the penned up velociraptor in Jurassic Park.

My definition of selling out is doing whatever it takes no matter what. If selling out just means coming strong that's a very different thing. I'm not a genius about all this, but my vibe right now is Penix is going to be good. Not good enough for pick 11, but maybe good enough for a trade back into round one to get him after best defender at pick 11. I won't be totally bummed if we just take McCarthy at 11. I think it's an overpay, but I could live with it.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 8277
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/4/2024 5:09:50 PM   
Daniel Lee Young

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Absolutely.

We'd be fools not to.

2023 Levis Hooker

Because the Wilfs only care about getting fanboys to dump money into seats and merch and concessions..

"Thou shall not bear false witness”
I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 8278
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/4/2024 5:23:40 PM   
Todd M

Patriots trade to #1. Then back to #11. We take Williams

Patriots lose a 1st 2nd high pick but gain 4 1sts and a 2nd.

B double blockbuster. If I wasn’t worried that winning was less important than brand building to him I’d do it. Hope that I was wrong or that it wouldn’t matter bc he would win bc he’s that good.

< Message edited by Todd M -- 3/4/2024 5:26:04 PM >

Find your voice lest the devil find your ear.

~Todd Mallett
Post #: 8279
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/4/2024 6:23:45 PM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

ORIGINAL: Daniel Lee Young

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Absolutely.

We'd be fools not to.

2023 Levis Hooker

Because the Wilfs only care about getting fanboys to dump money into seats and merch and concessions..

It certainly feels like a business venture, on their part.

I wonder if they would own the team differently if we were the Giants ...

be more hands on, frantic to win ... as true fans of the team ...
Post #: 8280
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/4/2024 6:24:43 PM   
ratoppenheimer

quote:

3:00 Pm cdt is the only thing I care about right now..

My desire is that KFC get let go to chum the waters for some other foolish franchise to “ guarantee “ tens of millions of dollars to a never will QB..

I’d rather suffer though a year or two of struggle, to see if either KOC or KAM, have the chops to turnaround a cluster muck roster, with well thought out personnel decisions, that don’t require a security blanket of mediocre players, including, but not limited to, KFC

Mattison
HSmith
LCine
Others

lewis cine is 6-2 and ran a 4.37/40 - one of the fastest safeties in the league...i say, put him in at free safety and make the phucker play - or put him on the tight end...keep him on the field and force him to become a player....

the journey...is paradise.
Post #: 8281
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/4/2024 7:12:11 PM   
Daniel Lee Young

quote:

ORIGINAL: ratoppenheimer

quote:

My desire is that KFC get let go to chum the waters for some other foolish franchise to “ guarantee “ tens of millions of dollars to a never will QB..

I’d rather suffer though a year or two of struggle, to see if either KOC or KAM, have the chops to turnaround a cluster muck roster, with well thought out personnel decisions, that don’t require a security blanket of mediocre players, including, but not limited to, KFC

Mattison
HSmith
LCine
Others

lewis cine is 6-2 and ran a 4.37/40 - one of the fastest safeties in the league...i say, put him in at free safety and make the phucker play - or put him on the tight end...keep him on the field and force him to become a player....

And now he can barely keep off the practice squad…

He’s taking the franchise for every dime he can before he gets released, without risking injury, and some other team will bring him in and cut him.. after we let him walk..

He has no commitment to NFL level football, and has done nothing to prove otherwise.

I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 8282
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/5/2024 4:49:44 AM   
Todd M

Seen a video by someone talking about the Williams package, Caleb and his Dad, and that he would steer clear of that. I think I’d want us to pass as well. Talk of the dad wanting to circumvent the rookie pay scale just for his son if true speaks volumes on what you’ll get. Wherever he signs he’s going to want the richest deal in the NFL after 3 years. The no medical might be a play to get off Chicago’s radar but it’s another red flag. I kind of want Chicago to land him now instead of another draft pick lottery win.

~Todd Mallett
Post #: 8283
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/5/2024 4:52:46 AM   
Todd M

quote:

quote:

quote:

Mattison
HSmith
LCine
Others

And now he can barely keep off the practice squad…

He’s taking the franchise for every dime he can before he gets released, without risking injury, and some other team will bring him in and cut him.. after we let him walk..

He has no commitment to NFL level football, and has done nothing to prove otherwise.

Couldn’t agree more. I don’t think you’ll hear anything from him once we give up on him. Hope it’s this year. He got his 10 mil plus lottery win and couldn’t care less about football.

~Todd Mallett
Post #: 8284
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/5/2024 6:34:30 AM   
Bill Jandro

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Absolutely.

We'd be fools not to.

2023 Levis Hooker

It's really beyond stupid that we haven't even tried to find a franchise qb. I seen absolutely no reason why not to take a shot on Levis when he fell into our laps at #23. It's the most important position in the game and this franchise hasn't even tried to land one since Ponder.

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 8285
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/5/2024 6:54:25 AM   
Todd M

The reason why is Kevin and Kwesi would still be rolling with cousins for 2 to 4 years if they could.

They’re likely to be let off the hook but they don’t really deserve any credit.

~Todd Mallett
Post #: 8286
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/5/2024 7:07:20 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

quote:

Mattison
HSmith
LCine
Others

The emergence of Metellus and Bynum plus his gruesome injury shouldn't be ignored....but it would be great if he can at least be in the rotation in year 3.

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 8287
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/5/2024 8:01:19 AM   
Daniel Lee Young

Took chad greenway one season after an ACL..

what’s Cine’s excuse?

Lost cause for a First rounder..

Waste of space.

I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 8288
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/5/2024 8:33:18 AM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Phil Riewer

quote:

quote:

Mattison
HSmith
LCine
Others

The emergence of Metellus and Bynum plus his gruesome injury shouldn't be ignored....but it would be great if he can at least be in the rotation in year 3.

Keep him on the 90 man roster for now. If he flops again in training camp, goodbye.
Post #: 8289
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/5/2024 8:40:06 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

what’s Cine’s excuse?
Waste of space.

Are you really comparing Cine to Greenway? apples and oranges with a little bit of cherry picking.

Post #: 8290
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/5/2024 9:13:49 AM   
Bill Johanesen

The emergence of Metellus and Bynum... LOL!

In fact, based on regular season snap counts, Cine appears to be behind Smith, Bynum, Metellus, and Theo Jackson, a former 6th round pick the Vikings acquired from the Titans.

So don't forget "the emergence" of Theo Jackson.

Also, Jay Ward emerged and played a lot more than Cine in Ward's 2023 rookie year.

This, on a defense that played three safeties.

< Message edited by Bill Johanesen -- 3/5/2024 9:33:35 AM >
Post #: 8291
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/5/2024 9:22:09 AM   
Bill Johanesen

Cine stats. The columns may not line up, but Cine has an easy career stat line: except for a single assist on a tackle, his career stats are LITERLLY ZERO (0) ACROSS THE BOARD.

Games Def Interceptions Fumbles Tackles
Year Age Tm Pos No. GS Int Yds TD Lng PD FF Fmb FR Yds TD Sk Comb Solo Ast TFL QBHits Sfty AV
2022 23 MIN S 6 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0.0 0 0 0 0 0 0
2023 24 MIN S 6 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0.0 1 0 1 0 0 0

< Message edited by Bill Johanesen -- 3/5/2024 9:41:32 AM >
Post #: 8292
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/5/2024 9:26:22 AM   
Daniel Lee Young

quote:

quote:

what’s Cine’s excuse?
Waste of space.

Are you really comparing Cine to Greenway? apples and oranges with a little bit of cherry picking.

Why the hell not? You pull crap out of some magical idiot box like you own the patent and franchise..

They are both drafted football players who suffered a serious injury..

Cine can’t even get off the bench on special teams..

He is a flat out bust as a first round pick.
Period.

I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 8293
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/5/2024 9:27:56 AM   
David F.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Absolutely.

We'd be fools not to.

2023 Levis Hooker

I agree 100% on 100% of both Dan and Tom's comments.

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 8294
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/5/2024 9:41:42 AM   
Jeff Jesser

Came across this little nugget that makes you want to vomit knowing they want him back. Thank God we can't afford him.

With the Minnesota Vikings from 2018-22, Kirk Cousins was 10-24 (.294) against winning teams as the starting quarterback.

That's pretty incredible when you think about it. It's not like he was a rookie picked up by a bottom feeder. That would make sense.

He took over a very talented team that was in the NFCCG.
Post #: 8295
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/5/2024 9:41:42 AM   
Phil Riewer

1 of
@richeisen
's 5 Rumors from the NFL Combine:

Trey Lance might be the Minnesota Vikings next QB

Post #: 8296
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/5/2024 9:43:53 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

quote:

quote:

what’s Cine’s excuse?
Waste of space.

Why the hell not? You pull crap out of some magical idiot box like you own the patent and franchise..
They are both drafted football players who suffered a serious injury..
Cine can’t even get off the bench on special teams..
He is a flat out bust as a first round pick.
Period.

So you are saying you pulled this comparasion out of an idiot box? I absolutely concur.

Post #: 8297
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/5/2024 9:53:42 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: David F.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Absolutely.
We'd be fools not to.

2023 Levis Hooker

I agree 100% on 100% of both Dan and Tom's comments.

If that was true why fire Zimmer and Spielman?

Post #: 8298
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/5/2024 9:55:34 AM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jeff Jesser

Came across this little nugget that makes you want to vomit knowing they want him back. Thank God we can't afford him.

With the Minnesota Vikings from 2018-22, Kirk Cousins was 10-24 (.294) against winning teams as the starting quarterback.

That's pretty incredible when you think about it. It's not like he was a rookie picked up by a bottom feeder. That would make sense.

What's worse, he was paid the big bucks to lead the team in those games. He just didn't get the memo.

He's around .250 for his career.

But... going into his 13th year, just think what could be!
Post #: 8299
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/5/2024 10:22:41 AM   
Jeff Jesser

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Johanesen

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jeff Jesser

What's worse, he was paid the big bucks to lead the team in those games. He just didn't get the memo.

He's around .250 for his career.

But... going into his 13th year, just think what could be!

I was living in the DC area when the "you like that" first happened. It was covered to death by the local media. I assumed he was a really competitive guy so I was excited when we signed him.

What I've come to learn (IMO, at least) is that he's really not. He's a very smart guy who realizes he's very gifted at throwing a football and it will make him, and his family, generational wealth. The winning part is ancillary. He probably likes to win but won't at all costs like a Mahomes/Allen/Jackson kinda QB.

It was time to move on the last time they resigned him. It's well past that now.
Post #: 8300
Page:   <<   < prev  330 331 [332] 333 334   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  330 331 [332] 333 334   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode