Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  329 330 [331] 332 333   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/2/2024 1:29:39 PM   
ratoppenheimer

quote:

ORIGINAL: kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tom Sykes

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

Paul Allen (so take it with a boulder of salt):

"Right before I left [Indy] yesterday, from somebody I really really trust, I was told Atlanta prefers Cousins over Fields and quite honestly it's not close."

These reports are interesting. Even a wee bit encouraging.

I just don't see anyway Kwesi and Kevin let go without a very hot and heavy wooing.

Which in itself is discouraging.

So I'll continue to 'prepare for the worst'.

Just under two weeks.

The best is Kirk returns for 2 years at $30 million a year or less, but if the report that Atlanta is all in on Kirk is true that will never happen.

isn't there some way we can squeeze atlanta for a 2nd rounder in this deal?....

the journey...is paradise.
Post #: 8251
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/2/2024 2:31:16 PM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

ORIGINAL: ratoppenheimer

quote:

quote:

quote:

"Right before I left [Indy] yesterday, from somebody I really really trust, I was told Atlanta prefers Cousins over Fields and quite honestly it's not close."

I just don't see anyway Kwesi and Kevin let go without a very hot and heavy wooing.

Just under two weeks.

The best is Kirk returns for 2 years at $30 million a year or less, but if the report that Atlanta is all in on Kirk is true that will never happen.

We can't franchise him. So, no.

Interesting quotes from KOC(at the combine) when being interviewed by Daniel Jeremiah and Rich Eisen.

Paraphrasing

"Kirk has earned the right to be a FA"

"We would like him back but other teams also bidding for his services."
Post #: 8252
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/2/2024 3:15:49 PM   
Bill Jandro

quote:

ORIGINAL: Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Daniel Lee Young

quote:

ORIGINAL: Phil Riewer

Hmmm:
BREAKING: USC QB Caleb Williams has DECLINED to medical examinations with teams at the Combine and did not sign off on having his medical records shared
with all teams.

Williams is believed to be the first combine invitee ever to decline an examination, per CBS.

Mfr is gonna drop like a rock..

LOL agent talked some sense into him....capital D in Diva on this one.

Williams doesn't have an agent. Chose to represent himself so he is going to make some bad decisions going forward.

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 8253
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/2/2024 3:50:25 PM   
David Levine

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Just under two weeks.

Don’t be greedy.
Post #: 8254
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/2/2024 4:13:04 PM   
Daniel Lee Young

Let him walk, eat the dead cap.

Move the hell on..

BCS for me..

"Thou shall not bear false witness”
I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 8255
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/2/2024 4:43:57 PM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Just under two weeks.

Don’t be greedy.

Oh ... I thought he meant, 'can we give Atlanta a 2nd to make a deal with Kirk'.
Post #: 8256
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/2/2024 5:55:52 PM   
ratoppenheimer

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Just under two weeks.

Don’t be greedy.

Oh ... I thought he meant, 'can we give Atlanta a 2nd to make a deal with Kirk'.

right - give them a 2nd to encourage the deal...toss in lewis cine, too...let's go kwesi....

< Message edited by ratoppenheimer -- 3/2/2024 5:57:07 PM >

the journey...is paradise.
Post #: 8257
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/2/2024 6:31:37 PM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Just under two weeks.

Don’t be greedy.

right - give them a 2nd to encourage the deal...toss in lewis cine, too...let's go kwesi....

I'm in!

I suppose Atl could do what some people in here are hoping we do ... sign Kirk for two years and STILL draft a QB at #8.
Post #: 8258
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/3/2024 2:34:34 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mark Anderson

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Just under two weeks.

Interesting quotes from KOC(at the combine) when being interviewed by Daniel Jeremiah and Rich Eisen.

Paraphrasing

Good job on paraphrasing. Here is the quote:

“I know (Cousins), where he’s at in this whole process. He’s earned the right to be a free agent and he’s played really good football,” O’Connell said. “… I know (Cousins is) going to go through a full process. He’s a process guy. And hopefully we continue to be a strong part in that process and we figure out a way to keep him a Minnesota Viking, but my expectation is we’re not going to be the only ones that would like Kirk Cousins to be the quarterback of our team in 2024.”

The word 'process' never sounded so good. Bye Kirko!
Post #: 8259
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/3/2024 3:48:13 PM   
Daniel Lee Young

Not as good as “let him go test the market” or “ moving forward with other options under the current cap situation “..

But that’s just me..

I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 8260
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/4/2024 9:38:45 AM   
Bill Johanesen

To understand (Caleb) Williams is to understand that he and the team around him, led by his father Carl, are purporting him to be not just any quarterback prospect, but a singular tour de force at the position on and off the field. To some, it comes off as arrogant; to others, it’s simply a young man and his family understanding their worth in the modern landscape of athletes as total brands. It’s why rumors of his father asking about equity in individual franchises raised eyebrows during the fall, but it’s understandable when you consider the lens Williams is viewed in.
Post #: 8261
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/4/2024 9:46:01 AM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Johanesen

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Just under two weeks.

Paraphrasing

“I know (Cousins), where he’s at in this whole process. He’s earned the right to be a free agent and he’s played really good football,” O’Connell said. “… I know (Cousins is) going to go through a full process. He’s a process guy. And hopefully we continue to be a strong part in that process and we figure out a way to keep him a Minnesota Viking, but my expectation is we’re not going to be the only ones that would like Kirk Cousins to be the quarterback of our team in 2024.”

I can’t tell if that’s pure conviction or if there’s some salty bravado mixed in.

You’ve been consistent on this for awhile.

I’m convinced it makes no sense but the pillow talk media sessions lately from all three, Kwesi Kevin Kirk, leave me thinking if there’s a contract loophole to be found, the tryst will continue.

I’m already disappointed anyway, whether we keep him or someone else swoops in and prys him away from our firm but smoothly moisturized grip.
Post #: 8262
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/4/2024 10:05:30 AM   
Daniel Lee Young

3:00 Pm cdt is the only thing I care about right now..

My desire is that KFC get let go to chum the waters for some other foolish franchise to “ guarantee “ tens of millions of dollars to a never will QB..

I’d rather suffer though a year or two of struggle, to see if either KOC or KAM, have the chops to turnaround a cluster muck roster, with well thought out personnel decisions, that don’t require a security blanket of mediocre players, including, but not limited to, KFC

Mattison
HSmith
LCine
Others

I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 8263
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/4/2024 10:25:20 AM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Just under two weeks.

Paraphrasing

I can’t tell if that’s pure conviction or if there’s some salty bravado mixed in.

I’m convinced it makes no sense but the pillow talk media sessions lately from all three, Kwesi Kevin Kirk, leave me thinking if there’s a contract loophole to be found, the tryst will continue.

I’m already disappointed anyway, whether we keep him or someone else swoops in and prys him away from our firm but smoothly moisturized grip.

In his best Randy Moss voice... Pure Conviction Homey!

Loopholes are exhausted. If anything, anti-loophole technicalities - such as his max allowable salary being $40 million - are front and center.

All that remains at QB is who we pick and who, if anyone, might be brought in as a low cost bridge.
Post #: 8264
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/4/2024 10:28:15 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Daniel Lee Young

3:00 Pm cdt is the only thing I care about right now..

My desire is that KFC get let go to chum the waters for some other foolish franchise to “ guarantee “ tens of millions of dollars to a never will QB..

I’d rather suffer though a year or two of struggle, to see if either KOC or KAM, have the chops to turnaround a cluster muck roster, with well thought out personnel decisions, that don’t require a security blanket of mediocre players, including, but not limited to, KFC

Mattison
HSmith
LCine
Others

Mattison is a check mark already.

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 8265
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/4/2024 10:29:04 AM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

To understand (Caleb) Williams is to understand that he and the team around him, led by his father Carl, are purporting him to be not just any quarterback prospect, but a singular tour de force at the position on and off the field. To some, it comes off as arrogant; to others, it’s simply a young man and his family understanding their worth in the modern landscape of athletes as total brands. It’s why rumors of his father asking about equity in individual franchises raised eyebrows during the fall, but it’s understandable when you consider the lens Williams is viewed in.

I view this as a positive thing. When a father is involved, it is generally a good thing. Not always but more often than not.
Post #: 8266
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/4/2024 10:56:02 AM  1 votes
Phil Riewer

If Chicago is willing to trade Fields for a middle round pick I would be in.

4 million this year and if we want to guarantee his fifth it is 25 million....

I would do it.

< Message edited by Phil Riewer -- 3/4/2024 10:57:53 AM >

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 8267
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/4/2024 11:21:04 AM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Just under two weeks.

Paraphrasing

In his best Randy Moss voice... Pure Conviction Homey!

Loopholes are exhausted. If anything, anti-loophole technicalities - such as his max allowable salary being $40 million - are front and center.

All that remains at QB is who we pick and who, if anyone, might be brought in as a low cost bridge.

LOL. I feel like we blundered into the offseason and still have not moved on from our main focus, Kirk and JJ.

I doubt very much that is a cunning strategy to throw off our scent, no matter how good that Giorgio Armani Eau de Toilette smells.

I don't want to be dogmatic about it ... we'll see what happens up through the draft ...

but it gives me a big ol' chafing that our due diligence - at least up until this point - is probably researching prospects you can develop behind Cousins versus a critical and imminent decision for your franchise moving forward now. Its the difference between selling out to make something happen versus sitting at #11 and making the smartest choice of the options in front of you.
Post #: 8268
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/4/2024 11:24:34 AM   
Tom Sykes

I'm actually going to miss Kwesi if he resigns Cousins in the next week or so, and has to move on sooner than later.

Googling expensive men's products and fashions has added another level to my mockery.
Post #: 8269
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/4/2024 11:38:56 AM   
kgdabom

quote:

but it gives me a big ol' chafing that our due diligence - at least up until this point - is probably researching prospects you can develop behind Cousins versus a critical and imminent decision for your franchise moving forward now. Its the difference between selling out to make something happen versus sitting at #11 and making the smartest choice of the options in front of you.

I believe our due diligence so far includes includes meeting with most if not all of the projected top 6 QBs in the draft. I also know of meetings with most of the top defensive prospects. Do you want us to sell out to make something happen? I'm pretty sure we've explored that.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 8270
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/4/2024 11:55:43 AM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

quote:

I believe our due diligence so far includes includes meeting with most if not all of the projected top 6 QBs in the draft. I also know of meetings with most of the top defensive prospects. Do you want us to sell out to make something happen? I'm pretty sure we've explored that.

Absolutely.

We'd be fools not to.

Let me rephrase that ... we ARE fools, we'd be bigger fools if we just sit and go along with what happens.
Post #: 8271
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/4/2024 2:05:36 PM   
Bill Johanesen

Going into year three, Kwesi's quasi-impact acquisitions:

Free agents:
Draftees: Let's Get Paid
Walk-ons: Pace
Post #: 8272
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/4/2024 2:26:47 PM   
Bill Johanesen

If all the QBs the regime likes are gone, hope they go CB - maybe with a trade down - because if/when Chi takes Caleb and a WR it's going to be bombs away for the rest of the NFCN.
Post #: 8273
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/4/2024 2:31:38 PM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

Going into year three, Kwesi's quasi-impact acquisitions:

Free agents:
Draftees: Let's Get Paid
Walk-ons: Pace

To put another way ...

Trade: TE
Free agents:
Draftees: S, #2 WR
Walk-ons: ILB

Juggernaut!

OOPS

< Message edited by Tom Sykes -- 3/4/2024 2:34:08 PM >
Post #: 8274
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/4/2024 2:49:57 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

quote:

quote:

Absolutely.

We'd be fools not to.

Let me rephrase that ... we ARE fools, we'd be bigger fools if we just sit and go along with what happens.

Then we have to trade up to 1 with the Bears. It's the only way to assure getting the best possible pick. I'm thinking the cost is this years 11 and our next 3 first round picks. Maybe Jefferson and 11 will get it done is another way to sell out. The Bears keep Fields and possibly take a QB at 9 as well.

< Message edited by kgdabom -- 3/4/2024 2:53:08 PM >

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 8275
Page:   <<   < prev  329 330 [331] 332 333   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  329 330 [331] 332 333   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode