Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  99 100 [101] 102 103   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/4/2024 8:37:27 AM   
Brad H

quote:

ORIGINAL: Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Brad H

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tom Sykes

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mark Anderson

quote:

ORIGINAL: IndVike

If ya'all are serious about wanting more people "back" and posting, you need to be serious about not being a jerk to someone who (heaven forbid) has a different opinion than yours.

I could quote a famous poster here..."I come in to talk about football, and you come in to talk about me..."

Sincerely,

A long time lurker

Brad's timing for showing up to post is the problem. Not the content.

Imagine that? I come into the forums this morning and people are talking about me. What a surprise. It makes my statement from way back when, more relevant.
100% to IndVike for pointing that out.

The irony.

The irony is you creating a fake new poster who quotes yourself so you can come in and act surprised.

Because it surprises nobody else.

Nope. Never created a fake poster. No need for it. You should be ashamed of yourself for even thinking it.

Just because guys like yourself have nothing to do all day, doesn't mean the rest of us don't. I don't care enough to go out and create a fake account. I put my name on things and own it.

I am nothing more than a casual observer at this point. I periodically come around to hear the latest chatter.

Right. Now I'm really convinced!

Same focus, same tactics. Only you would spend time dreaming up first time posters to come in and quote you.

As far as having nothing to do all day ...

I sure don't have time or interest in going around and needling the fanbases of a teams I care little about.

Much less to double-down as different posters!

First off, I could really care less what you think. If you want me to take credit for a new account, I will. It isn't me, but if it makes you feel better so be it.

As Lars said, I'd prefer to keep the forum about the Vikings.

How did your Bucs do last night against the Falcons?

You actually haven't posted anything about the Vikes....what are your thoughts?

Prove it time Brad....post something about the Vikes.....otherwise it makes you look like exactly what you say you aren't.

The Vikes have been amazing. Most fun I have had watching them in a couple decades. Can't wait until they get Hockenson back. They finally have a quarterback that cares more about the team than himself.

Defense starts at the corners!
Post #: 2501
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/4/2024 8:39:20 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Phil Riewer

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

If ya'all are serious about wanting more people "back" and posting, you need to be serious about not being a jerk to someone who (heaven forbid) has a different opinion than yours.

I could quote a famous poster here..."I come in to talk about football, and you come in to talk about me..."

Sincerely,

A long time lurker

Imagine that? I come into the forums this morning and people are talking about me. What a surprise. It makes my statement from way back when, more relevant.

The irony.

The irony is you creating a fake new poster who quotes yourself so you can come in and act surprised.

Nope. Never created a fake poster. No need for it. You should be ashamed of yourself for even thinking it.

Just because guys like yourself have nothing to do all day, doesn't mean the rest of us don't. I don't care enough to go out and create a fake account. I put my name on things and own it.

I am nothing more than a casual observer at this point. I periodically come around to hear the latest chatter.

Same focus, same tactics. Only you would spend time dreaming up first time posters to come in and quote you.

I sure don't have time or interest in going around and needling the fanbases of a teams I care little about.

First off, I could really care less what you think. If you want me to take credit for a new account, I will. It isn't me, but if it makes you feel better so be it.

How did your Bucs do last night against the Falcons?

You actually haven't posted anything about the Vikes....what are your thoughts?

Prove it time Brad....post something about the Vikes.....otherwise it makes you look like exactly what you say you aren't.

The Vikes have been amazing. Most fun I have had watching them in a couple decades. Can't wait until they get Hockenson back. They finally have a quarterback that cares more about the team than himself.

OK, CB guru what do you think of old man Gillmore, Griffin, and Murphy?

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 2502
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/4/2024 8:52:21 AM   
Phil Riewer

It seemed that when GB went tempo it messed with the Vikings rotations versus base defense. This is something I am worried that Rodgers can explore.

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 2503
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/4/2024 8:52:58 AM   
Brad H

The Vikings lead the league in sacks, with relative unknowns up front. If you have good corners and cover guys, that can happen. It's what I've been saying for 20 years.

Flores has done a great job at putting this thing together. I always thought he got ripped off in Miami.

< Message edited by Brad H -- 10/4/2024 8:57:56 AM >

Post #: 2504
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/4/2024 9:23:45 AM   
TJSweens

The Vikings are getting sacks, deflections and knock downs because they are beating their guys off the snap and crowding the pocket. I haven't seen much in the line of coverage sacks.

< Message edited by TJSweens -- 10/4/2024 9:25:03 AM >

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 2505
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/4/2024 9:28:56 AM   
Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

The Vikings lead the league in sacks, with relative unknowns up front. If you have good corners and cover guys, that can happen. It's what I've been saying for 20 years.

Flores has done a great job at putting this thing together. I always thought he got ripped off in Miami.

I've watched a lot of Tua since my son likes the Dolphins and needless to say I'm not impressed. Flores wasn't wrong but he could've maybe gone about it better.
Post #: 2506
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/4/2024 9:31:48 AM   
Bill Johanesen

I guess the "good corners and cover guys" were not playing in the second half last week.

This year the DBs are benefitting from the front seven schemes/havoc and the edge rushers going bonkers. While every year is different, it's always been like that with the Vikings: the Purple People Eaters, the Doleman-Millard years, etc.

That said, a true shutdown corner - let alone one like Darrelle Revis - is worth his weight in gold. We don't have such a player and have never had such a player. Carl Lee was mentioned recently, LOL. The current group is helping by holding up their end of the bargain, but they are not driving the ship.

< Message edited by Bill Johanesen -- 10/4/2024 9:33:50 AM >
Post #: 2507
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/4/2024 9:33:33 AM   
Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

ORIGINAL: TJSweens

The Vikings are getting sacks, deflections and knock downs because they are beating their guys off the snap and crowding the pocket. I haven't seen much in the line of coverage sacks.

It is nice when a qb hits his back foot on a 3 step or 5 step drop and can't hit somebody wide open every time. To me everything seems to be working well together on defense save for the 4th quarter last week.
Post #: 2508
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/4/2024 9:34:21 AM   
Brad H

quote:

ORIGINAL: Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

I've watched a lot of Tua since my son likes the Dolphins and needless to say I'm not impressed. Flores wasn't wrong but he could've maybe gone about it better.

Yep

Post #: 2509
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/4/2024 9:45:24 AM   
Brad H

The Vikes had the 30th ranked defense when Flores came to town. And they were up against the cap. Lets not forget that.

Post #: 2510
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/4/2024 10:36:56 AM   
Terry Stoneberg

Interesting piece on Aaron Jones miked up
https://x.com/vikingzfanpage/status/1841970652774822148
Post #: 2511
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/4/2024 11:09:58 AM   
David Levine

Terry!!!
Post #: 2512
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/4/2024 12:08:44 PM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

Good point.

I think the secondary is playing just okay in coverage, decent at times ... too many easy completions. But they have been opportunistic. And tackling has been solid.

Maybe when you blitz extra people or jump out of one look into another, you pretty much have to compensate by giving up tighter coverage.
Post #: 2513
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/4/2024 12:25:48 PM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Sincerely,

A long time lurker

The irony.

If only that were true. Then every other time you post would not be about yourself.
Post #: 2514
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/4/2024 12:35:42 PM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Johanesen

I guess the "good corners and cover guys" were not playing in the second half last week.

This year the DBs are benefitting from the front seven schemes/havoc and the edge rushers going bonkers. While every year is different, it's always been like that with the Vikings: the Purple People Eaters, the Doleman-Millard years, etc.

That said, a true shutdown corner - let alone one like Darrelle Revis - is worth his weight in gold. We don't have such a player and have never had such a player. Carl Lee was mentioned recently, LOL. The current group is helping by holding up their end of the bargain, but they are not driving the ship.

That was hard to watch. I understand momentum is tough to outcoach, herd psychology starts to move in one direction and before you know it, you've gone from playing brilliantly to looking like a big ol' steaming cow patty.

But the second half was IMO a quick reminder that we are not burying people on talent alone. Hopefully, it was a good lesson on how to refocus. And the urgency to put people away at all times.
Post #: 2515
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/4/2024 1:02:23 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

quote:

That was hard to watch. I understand momentum is tough to outcoach, herd psychology starts to move in one direction and before you know it, you've gone from playing brilliantly to looking like a big ol' steaming cow patty.

But the second half was IMO a quick reminder that we are not burying people on talent alone. Hopefully, it was a good lesson on how to refocus. And the urgency to put people away at all times.

It's also a reminder we need better talent as the rebuild continues. Draft opportunities look to be light, but we're on the right side of the cap, Kwesi found the Reclamation Project Outlet, and there is the mandatory undrafted FA crowd.
Post #: 2516
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/4/2024 1:51:44 PM   
Mark C. Johnson

quote:

This defense is fast. Especially, the linebackers and D-ends. It's the fastest defense I've seen from the Vikings in years. If I were coaching the Jets, I'd try a power running game. The Vikings had trouble against the Packers straight forward running attack. I'd use a power running game to try and keep the Vikings pass rush at bay.
Post #: 2517
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/4/2024 1:54:41 PM   
Mark C. Johnson

quote:

That's true. It's the chaos at the line of scrimmage that is upsetting the timing and flow of the opposing offense. Now, Rogers has seen every type of defense out there. We haven't really played a "veteran" QB yet so it'll be interesting to see if they have the same success against someone as experienced as Rogers.
Post #: 2518
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/4/2024 4:19:54 PM   
kevinemmer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Terry Stoneberg

Interesting piece on Aaron Jones miked up
https://x.com/vikingzfanpage/status/1841970652774822148

Hi Terry,
Good to see you here.

Fun Mic'd up video!
Post #: 2519
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/4/2024 5:39:02 PM   
marty

Marty. Aaron Rodgers is essentially a statue right now. To say we wont get any sacks....please.

You're right, I was only suggesting that there would be no sacks, IF the Jets got out to a 14-0 halftime lead.

With what the Vikings are averaging, although this isn't a home game, the Jets OL, and an older Rodgers, Vikings should get at least 3 sacks.

Let's not give the Jets any ideas about using a power run game. Instead, we should encourage teams to take more chances passing the ball 😊

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 2520
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/4/2024 5:49:24 PM   
marty

The Jets defense might be the best defense the Vikings have faced so far, and Rodgers the best experienced QB the Vikings have faced.

I am only saying this to respect the opponent, I still feel the Vikings will win the game, but wouldn't be surprised if the Jets were ahead at halftime.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 2521
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/5/2024 4:02:33 AM   
ratoppenheimer

quote:

ORIGINAL: marty

The Jets defense might be the best defense the Vikings have faced so far, and Rodgers the best experienced QB the Vikings have faced.

I am only saying this to respect the opponent, I still feel the Vikings will win the game, but wouldn't be surprised if the Jets were ahead at halftime.

the jets are much weaker in their run defense, and that's where our o-line excels....

make rodgers move....

the journey...is paradise.
Post #: 2522
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/5/2024 5:27:40 AM   
ratoppenheimer

if i'm kwesi, i'm quietly extending some of our depth players currently on 1-year deals....

Post #: 2523
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/5/2024 8:51:47 AM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

ORIGINAL: ratoppenheimer

if i'm kwesi, i'm quietly extending some of our depth players currently on 1-year deals....

IDK who you have in mind, but starters on one-year deals include:

- Gilmore
- Griffin
- Aaron Jones
- Darnold (has been and will be discussed separately)

So the first three are the decent/good/aged/overachieving/fountain of youth types who may be willing to take another spin around the block, i.e. they are less likely to get relatively fat, multi-year deals. But there are still a lot of games left, and because of their age they are somewhat more suspect to tapering off.

Moreover, players on one-year deals are basically just part of the overall list of 2025 FAs. The regime is probably analyzing all of them to death while also keeping an eye out for potential FAs all over the league.

So perhaps it's best to wait?

< Message edited by Bill Johanesen -- 10/5/2024 9:17:09 AM >
Post #: 2524
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/5/2024 10:14:46 AM   
ratoppenheimer

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: ratoppenheimer

IDK who you have in mind, but starters on one-year deals include:

- Gilmore
- Griffin
- Aaron Jones
- Darnold (has been and will be discussed separately)

So the first three are the decent/good/aged/overachieving/fountain of youth types who may be willing to take another spin around the block, i.e. they are less likely to get relatively fat, multi-year deals. But there are still a lot of games left, and because of their age they are somewhat more suspect to tapering off.

Moreover, players on one-year deals are basically just part of the overall list of 2025 FAs. The regime is probably analyzing all of them to death while also keeping an eye out for potential FAs all over the league.

So perhaps it's best to wait?

I was thinking more along the lines of non-starters… those older starters, I’d wait to see how they hold up at the end of the season….

Post #: 2525
Page:   <<   < prev  99 100 [101] 102 103   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  99 100 [101] 102 103   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode