Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: Terry Stoneberg
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  97 98 [99] 100 101   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/2/2024 3:06:00 PM   
IndVike

If ya'all are serious about wanting more people "back" and posting, you need to be serious about not being a jerk to someone who (heaven forbid) has a different opinion than yours.

I could quote a famous poster here..."I come in to talk about football, and you come in to talk about me..."

Sincerely,

A long time lurker
Post #: 2451
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/2/2024 3:45:31 PM   
Phil Riewer

You picked Brad H to quote?

I thought you would use "defense starts at CB" instead.....

Best time to join and talk about them.

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 2452
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/2/2024 4:45:37 PM   
Daniel Lee Young

quote:

ORIGINAL: IndVike

If ya'all are serious about wanting more people "back" and posting, you need to be serious about not being a jerk to someone who (heaven forbid) has a different opinion than yours.

I could quote a famous poster here..."I come in to talk about football, and you come in to talk about me..."

Sincerely,

A long time lurker

Oh my..

right in my feels..

Where, oh where, is my fainting couch and fan..

I do believe I am about to swoon, from the brutal attack upon the character of internet Chat boards by people with passionate opinions!!!
Post #: 2453
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/2/2024 10:14:26 PM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

Sincerely,

A long time lurker

Brad's timing for showing up to post is the problem. Not the content.
Post #: 2454
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/2/2024 10:26:30 PM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Johanesen

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mark Anderson

If we have only one loss at trade deadline and we still look impressive, do you make a move for a stud DLineman or CB? Even though we are low on 2025 draft picks(which means our #1 is in play)

Plenty of cap space in future to add a difference maker.

Think of when SF traded for McCaffrey.

That's 9 games in, good question/scenario. It's good to draft players because their cap burden is less, but there is always the chance they don't pan out.

Maybe Kwesi could wheel and deal to scrounge up a 2nd rounder to use to trade. Keep the 1st round pick.

Right now we're in the midst of the Year of the Reclamation Project with Darnold, Gilmore, etc so maybe continue looking for scrap heapers, check in on the disgruntleds, etc.

What teams are floundering and need a QB? Rams, Dolphins, Giants, Titans

If you give up the 1st rounder and get an early 3rd back along with an in their prime stud defender, I would seriously consider it.

DL Jeffrey Simmons would be ideal.

< Message edited by Mark Anderson -- 10/2/2024 10:31:43 PM >
Post #: 2455
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/2/2024 10:38:46 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

Sincerely,

A long time lurker

Says the guy who is 1.000 on being a jerk to a poster and .000 on football talk. No, "ya'all" (not even correct in street lingo) do not want "more" people back, but want good posters back. You are (well, were) doing a great job lurking, so you have that going for you. Which is nice.

Edit - whoops, it appears your weren't attacking a poster but just using his infamous line, sorry.

< Message edited by Bill Johanesen -- 10/3/2024 9:11:24 AM >
Post #: 2456
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/2/2024 10:50:40 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

quote:

quote:

If we have only one loss at trade deadline and we still look impressive, do you make a move for a stud DLineman or CB? Even though we are low on 2025 draft picks(which means our #1 is in play)

Plenty of cap space in future to add a difference maker.

Think of when SF traded for McCaffrey.

That's 9 games in, good question/scenario. It's good to draft players because their cap burden is less, but there is always the chance they don't pan out.

Maybe Kwesi could wheel and deal to scrounge up a 2nd rounder to use to trade. Keep the 1st round pick.

Right now we're in the midst of the Year of the Reclamation Project with Darnold, Gilmore, etc so maybe continue looking for scrap heapers, check in on the disgruntleds, etc.

What teams are floundering and need a QB? Rams, Dolphins, Giants, Titans

If you give up the 1st rounder and get an early 3rd back along with an in their prime stud defender, I would seriously consider it.

DL Jeffrey Simmons would be ideal.

A top defender could set the D apart. Lots of variables so hope Kwesi has a strategy. Not sure how the initial part about a QB ties into this.

Also unclear what your sig line "Biden got bernied. The irony." means (I believe the Politics section was created to keep political statements out of the Vikings thread but maybe they meant just posts and not recurring signatures).

< Message edited by Bill Johanesen -- 10/2/2024 10:54:32 PM >
Post #: 2457
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/3/2024 12:42:58 AM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

quote:

Sincerely,

A long time lurker

Don't agree. The content is a bigger problem.

His timing is transparent and predictable.

Not all but a lot of his content is simply aimed at needling fans in here.
Post #: 2458
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/3/2024 1:04:43 AM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

Sincerely,

A long time lurker

GZUZ its like your first voluntary workout after going undrafted, and you're yowling at the veterans.

My advice is to start off less smug.

At least that's my opinion (which is the only one that matters!)
Post #: 2459
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/3/2024 3:19:11 AM   
marty

Would a trade for Dexter Lawrence II help much ?

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 2460
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/3/2024 3:20:22 AM   
marty

I hope my weirdness hasn't chased away a lot of posters.

I can do better, maybe bring my weirdness down to Todd's level.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 2461
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/3/2024 3:23:03 AM   
marty

It is nice coming to the Vikings thread, and not having to sift through 2 entire pages of personal attacks between 2 people.

It seems like there is more posting after Viking's losses, but more winning is just fine.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 2462
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/3/2024 6:55:09 AM   
Todd M

quote:

ORIGINAL: marty

It is nice coming to the Vikings thread, and not having to sift through 2 entire pages of personal attacks between 2 people.

It seems like there is more posting after Viking's losses, but more winning is just fine.

There’s no place like it. Soon it’ll be 20 years we’ve been posting here. About another 1/2 dozen going back to the Strib.

Significant history. Posting or reading comments *elsewhere has never felt the same.

< Message edited by Todd M -- 10/3/2024 7:38:25 AM >
Post #: 2463
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/3/2024 7:40:03 AM   
Phil Riewer

I guess we can talk about the last significant piece of the Offense will start practicing with a return probable in week 7. (TJ) So Darnold has done very well while not having all the pieces.

Also Risner isn't ready to return to practice yet.....

Post #: 2464
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/3/2024 8:08:50 AM   
Todd M

I wouldn’t rush Hock back.

But..if he’s good to go let’s go…
Post #: 2465
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/3/2024 9:00:34 AM   
Brad H

quote:

quote:

Sincerely,

A long time lurker

Imagine that? I come into the forums this morning and people are talking about me. What a surprise. It makes my statement from way back when, more relevant.
100% to IndVike for pointing that out.

The irony.

< Message edited by Brad H -- 10/3/2024 9:03:51 AM >

Defense starts at the corners!
Post #: 2466
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/3/2024 9:04:24 AM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

ORIGINAL: Todd M

quote:

ORIGINAL: marty

There’s no place like it. Soon it’ll be 20 years we’ve been posting here. About another 1/2 dozen going back to the Strib.

Significant history. Posting or reading comments *elsewhere has never felt the same.

37 years here for me and 25 with the Strib, plus 28 with the Strib beta, 45 before that using snail mail, and 55 years using the horse and buggy to post stuff on fenceposts. Great posters back then although a few, having never seen a game, couldn't conceptualize the forward pass.
Post #: 2467
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/3/2024 9:07:54 AM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

ORIGINAL: Brad H

quote:

quote:

Sincerely,

A long time lurker

Imagine that? I come into the forums this morning and people are talking about me. What a surprise. It makes my statement from way back when, more relevant.

The irony.

The irony is you creating a fake new poster who quotes yourself so you can come in and act surprised.

Because it surprises nobody else.
Post #: 2468
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/3/2024 9:09:48 AM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

quote:

quote:

Sincerely,

A long time lurker

The irony.

I came in here to talk about you, but people are talking about football.
Post #: 2469
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/3/2024 9:17:50 AM   
Brad H

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tom Sykes

quote:

quote:

quote:

Sincerely,

A long time lurker

The irony.

The irony is you creating a fake new poster who quotes yourself so you can come in and act surprised.

Because it surprises nobody else.

Nope. Never created a fake poster. No need for it. You should be ashamed of yourself for even thinking it.

Just because guys like yourself have nothing to do all day, doesn't mean the rest of us don't. I don't care enough to go out and create a fake account. I put my name on things and own it.

I am nothing more than a casual observer at this point. I periodically come around to hear the latest chatter.

< Message edited by Brad H -- 10/3/2024 9:26:29 AM >

Post #: 2470
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/3/2024 9:30:21 AM   
Brad H

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Sincerely,

A long time lurker

The irony.

I came in here to talk about you, but people are talking about football.

Now you got your wish.

Post #: 2471
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/3/2024 9:36:22 AM   
Brad H

A prediction on the next few posts.

Now that Sam Darnold is playing well, Brad shows up because he's a USC honk......
Brad is hoping the Vikes sign Maurice Clarett.......
He spends most of his days in the Tampa Bay Bucs forums........
Only comes around when the Vikes are losing.......

And yet, you guys think I'm like a broken record.

The irony of it all is quite amusing. Thanks for making my day!

< Message edited by Brad H -- 10/3/2024 9:45:17 AM >

Post #: 2472
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/3/2024 10:08:21 AM   
TJSweens

I came to talk about football. You came to talk about yourself.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 2473
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/3/2024 10:13:14 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

A prediction on the next few posts.

Now that Sam Darnold is playing well, Brad shows up because he's a USC honk......
Brad is hoping the Vikes sign Maurice Clarett.......
He spends most of his days in the Tampa Bay Bucs forums........
Only comes around when the Vikes are losing.......

And yet, you guys think I'm like a broken record.

The irony of it all is quite amusing. Thanks for making my day!

I am glad both the Bucs and Vikings are doing well....as an add on the Vikes have a USC QB....
Its all good in my book.

Post #: 2474
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/3/2024 10:16:29 AM   
Todd M

If it wasn’t Brad it was Twinsfan Matt.
Post #: 2475
Page:   <<   < prev  97 98 [99] 100 101   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  97 98 [99] 100 101   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode